[info] The 8th Annual Korea Times Music Festival 2010 (hb)

Guest khype

Guest Masugomi

Ohhh im scared!!!! My and my friends haven't finalized everything yet, and i feel like the bowl will be full in like 2 hours. Holy hell. Haha! this is crazy, Crazy fun though. I really hope i'm able to go!

Are the $70 seats good..? And where is everyone staying? (Who don't live in SoCal, Obviously) And will there be some kind of event afterwards? :D I'd like to meet my fellow soompiers! :)

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Shinmeiryuu

ahhhhhhhhh i just found out the friend i always go with to hollywood bowl is busy on May 1st

so i asked my dad wat IF me and my other friends took the plane down to LA [we're from north cal], and then taxi to hotel, etc

and my dad said "no way. taxi's aren't safe. ur going to get kidnapped" <_<

i told him that i'm 18 and my other friends are 17/18....

but he's still convinced that the taxi driver is gunna take off with us.

so i was wondering, what are other soompier's experiences with taking the taxi, if u guys took the plane to LA??

i might have to convince my dad that the taxi is ok, or find another ride down there [which is probably not possible]

if not, i can't go to hollywood bowl this year :(

thanks in advance!!!!

------------

edit

forgot to mention that my friend who is busy, her mom is the one who always drives us..

and yay! topped a page with my small rant

What kind of hotel are you staying at? If it's a fairly decent one, there's a good chance that it might have an Airport Shuttle from LAX direct to the hotel. :D They are definitely safer, and free (plus tip!). Check with the hotel you are staying at to see if they have one.

Guest coral2010

^

OH i never thought of tat!

lool. thank you!!

i was planning to stay at the Best Western near hollywood bowl, since i stayed there every year i've went..

guess i'll check for a shuttle

ahhhhhhhhh i just found out the friend i always go with to hollywood bowl is busy on May 1st

so i asked my dad wat IF me and my other friends took the plane down to LA [we're from north cal], and then taxi to hotel, etc

and my dad said "no way. taxi's aren't safe. ur going to get kidnapped" <_<

i told him that i'm 18 and my other friends are 17/18....

but he's still convinced that the taxi driver is gunna take off with us.

so i was wondering, what are other soompier's experiences with taking the taxi, if u guys took the plane to LA??

i might have to convince my dad that the taxi is ok, or find another ride down there [which is probably not possible]

if not, i can't go to hollywood bowl this year :(

thanks in advance!!!!

------------

edit

forgot to mention that my friend who is busy, her mom is the one who always drives us..

and yay! topped a page with my small rant

How many people are you going with? If you are in a group there shouldn't be anything to worry about.

I'm from Norcal too and I took the taxi from LAX to the hotel and back when I was going to catch my flight back and had no problems at all. I understand how your dad would be worried, but I think as long as you are in a decent sized group, there shouldn't be anything to worry about.

@kisforkarenx3 so lucky you got to meet SHINee T_T

@5star*shinki

I wish I could stay over at the hotel and get to meet some aritsts ><

I' d be too star struck to go in a crazy fangirl mode [as previously experienced when I went to the Epik High autograph event x~x]

But FINALLY got done through reading all previous 20 pages (x-x) and yeah- the rise in prices is pretty, not so great...

With those prices they should have an AWESOME line-up+disperse the performers evenly

I don't have to money to buy the tickets when they go on sale so looks like I'll be buying from someone again- aiming for first row of GB but since so many people are switching to them from PC and all- I doubt it ><

I'll probably end up with Ramp again (hopefully)- it's pretty close and what not just that when recording and stuff the way the lights are aimed got annoying x0

Guest Masugomi

But FINALLY got done through reading all previous 20 pages (x-x) and yeah- the rise in prices is pretty, not so great...

With those prices they should have an AWESOME line-up+disperse the performers evenly

I don't have to money to buy the tickets when they go on sale so looks like I'll be buying from someone again- aiming for first row of GB but since so many people are switching to them from PC and all- I doubt it ><

I'll probably end up with Ramp again (hopefully)- it's pretty close and what not just that when recording and stuff the way the lights are aimed got annoying x0

Same with the money issue.. i cant buy the tickets when they come out, hopefully they don't sell out too fast..? This trip is going to be so expensive for me. I live in Norcal, so i don't know yet if we're driving down/flying or w/e. Ughhhh looool.

How fast do tickets usually sell out?

hopefully they don't sell out too fast..?

How fast do tickets usually sell out?

Well usually Pool and GB are the first to go within a couple of hours [on the day of the ticket sales]

from my experience (as a reader ^^') in 2008 those were pretty much gone and the other seats were available

Last year though, 2009, up 'till the Sections E and D and some Super Seats were sold out like withing a month or so

Don't quote me on this but it varies by year and I guess the artist line up

Usually there are quite a number of people who end up buying a seat they don't want, have extra, can't/don't want to go anymore though so there should be a variety of a selcetion to buy from others

Some do charge higher prices than orginal, but some may sell them for the same price or lower (as the date nears) so there'll still be tickets available even on the day previous to the concert~

Guest Masugomi

Sorry if this is a stupid question but are the tickets refundable?

It's not stupid.. lol. But people have asked this question on this thread, and their answers have been no. So i guess not. :[

BUT you can sell them if you end up not going.

happykTee: Yup, its true you have to purchase the whole box, It sucks because purchasing the whole box is like 700+ but thats how it works. There have been instances where they allowed only 1 or 2 tickets to be sold instead of the whole box but its REALLY rare.

Guest Masugomi

HOLY CARP! That's an expensive purchase!!! Lol. Ugh.. i dont think i'll be able to go. :[

The two people i planned on going with are pulling out.. sucks major.

happykTee: Yup, its true you have to purchase the whole box, It sucks because purchasing the whole box is like 700+ but thats how it works. There have been instances where they allowed only 1 or 2 tickets to be sold instead of the whole box but its REALLY rare.

wow thanks. T_T I'm suddenly so depressed. >.< Also, when they sell tickets, to they start with the center and fan out for each row or do they left to right or right to left?

Thanks again!

Guest uh-ohxev

I'm thinking of going to the KMF this year. But, thing is I don't live in Cali... so, I'd have to pay for ticket AND for plane, hotel, etc. therefore, I'm still unsure if I want to go or not. I don't want to spend money on a ticket, if I might not even go (only reason I'd go is if 2PM went, considering this won't be cheap for me... if I lived in Cali, I'd go regardless)... so I'm curious, are tickets non-refundable? And do they mail you the tickets, or how does that work?

Since, I've never tried purchasing tickets for the KMF before - how is it when buying tickets? Do you pick an option of where you'd prefer to sit? Is it by ticketmaster? Sorry, for all these questions >,< I just want to prepare myself for the day they go on sale, IF, I decide on going. Thanks! ^^

EDIT: Oh! One more question - what cards are accepted for payment? Is debit an option? -.-

Guest EternalELF

I'm thinking of going to the KMF this year. But, thing is I don't live in Cali... so, I'd have to pay for ticket AND for plane, hotel, etc. therefore, I'm still unsure if I want to go or not. I don't want to spend money on a ticket, if I might not even go (only reason I'd go is if 2PM went, considering this won't be cheap for me... if I lived in Cali, I'd go regardless)... so I'm curious, are tickets non-refundable? And do they mail you the tickets, or how does that work?

Since, I've never tried purchasing tickets for the KMF before - how is it when buying tickets? Do you pick an option of where you'd prefer to sit? Is it by ticketmaster? Sorry, for all these questions >,< I just want to prepare myself for the day they go on sale, IF, I decide on going. Thanks! ^^

EDIT: Oh! One more question - what cards are accepted for payment? Is debit an option? -.-

if u dont wanna spend money on a ticket now, you can always buy from someone

last year there were 5 whole pages of unsold tickets in the soompi thread for HB tickets

they get cheaper as HB draws nearer

tickets are non-refundable so...

they mail tickets but you have to pay for shipping. if u dont want it mailed, you can pick it up in one of their offices or in the concert itself. they only start mailing tickets in march though

you pick which section [Pool, garden, terrace etc] and they'll give you a seat. you dont get to choose which seat, but i think they choose the best available

it gets really crazy during ticket sales tho, the website crashes from so many ppl clicking and the phone never answers cause the line is always busy

Guest zaraki11capt

I live in LA and advice to people would be to go to the Sheraton Hotel. Problem is that it's quite pricey but it's one of the nice hotels. If you want to go for cheap, a motel 6 or any motel is about $50~$60 a night. $70 at most.

Also, taxi is expensive and if you're staying for a long duration, a rental car would be more ideal. Though, if you're under 21 you won't be able to get one; then taxi is expensive.

Guest Special Ed

Question from a noob:

Am I suppose to register to become a member of KMF in order to purchase tickets?

And whats with the 2 minute time limit on ticket purchase?

Guest coral2010

How many people are you going with? If you are in a group there shouldn't be anything to worry about.

I'm from Norcal too and I took the taxi from LAX to the hotel and back when I was going to catch my flight back and had no problems at all. I understand how your dad would be worried, but I think as long as you are in a decent sized group, there shouldn't be anything to worry about.

yeah, i know why my dad is worried, but i'm old enough now to take care of myself [i think]

i'm not sure how many ppl i'm going with anymore. lol

just found out this morning that my other friend tat i was sure of going said she might not, since she's positive that none of the older boy bands (TVXQ, SUJU, Big Bang, SS501, etc) are coming

there are 3 other ppl i'm aksing to come so at most, a group of 5 including me..

but i doubt tat's gunna happen

they have strict asian parents haha

------------

edit

i have good luck with topping pages in this thread

Archived