Anime/Manga/Manhwa recommendations thread

Admin

Guest phatipoo

shoujo:- Vampire Knight- Kyou koi wo hajimemase- Kaichou ha maid sama- Dengeki Daisy- Ouran High School Host Club- Shugo Chara
Shonen:- NARUTOOO- Bleach- D. Grayman

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest Chibirishu

Recommended Anime:

Kuroshitsuji

Oran High School Host Club

Maid Sama!

Lucky Star

K-on!

Hetalia Axis Powers

Chobits

Black Rock Shooter

Inuyasha

Clannad 

Recommended Movies:

All from Hayao Miyazaki

Guest xiaohimecece

I just started a manga recently called Saint Oniisan (Saint Young Men) It a story about how Jesus and Buddha are living together as room mates on Earth and It's a great read. I've been laughing so much. It's made by the same creator of Arakawa Under the Bridge (A manga which I also find hilarious) and I definitely recommend it to anyone who likes gag mangas. It also won an award!

It looks like this:
saint-oniisan-l0.jpg

Also I heard there was a movie coming out for this series.

Guest Thylia

I just recently bought the Berserk movies and compared to the anime series they left out quite a few parts but it was awesome. The fight scenes where improved so much and if anyone likes action anime I would definitely recommend this one.

Guest primavera23

I would you recommend Strobe Edge. strobe-edge-io-sakisaka.jpg
It's a beautiful story about the first love. It is heartwarming, you will cry, laugh and what I like the most it's so pure. And the drawing style is very nice. I really enjoyed this one. You wouln't regret if you start to read this.

For the animal lovers out there, read Eien no WithSuch a beautiful story about a girl and a dog she raises to become a guide dog. However, it is a tragedy bear in mind. I was sobbing by the middle of reading and wailing when I finished. It's only three chapters so it doesn't take long to read :)
Of course you can't go wrong with One Piece. It's probably been recommended quite a bit but i just will never stop loving it. Don't let the 'weird' art (to this day, i still don't understand how some people find it ugly or weird because I love how it's different from the typical big eyed animes) stop you from watching it. Once you start you are like apart everything they do through and you experience every emotion with them; hating the same people (I'm looking at you Akainu) and mourning over any loss. The only problem I guess is that there is definitely heaps of episodes and can be overwhelming but it's all worth it when you catch up.
Kuroko no Basuke is a definite recommendation. Theres something about it I just can't stop myself from loving and yearning for more. I thought I was a shoujo type girl but recently I realised all my favourites are shounen animes (except CCS); this being in the top 3. If anyone is wanting a change, definitely watch this. It's so amazing and I'm always at the edge of my seat with this anime and manga.
Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood (not the first one). My number 1 anime of all time. Everything about it is just...indescribable? It's so different but covers so many genres. I do recommend those who want to watch it, literally take in everything everyone is saying and understand it. My younger brother who watched it says he loves it too but some parts, he still doesn't understand to this day because he slightly dozed off here and there. But the woman who wrote this is a genius and if I could ever meet her, I'd probably faint LOL I have that much respect for her.
I know OP and FMA:B are quite popular and typically raved about but they really live up to the expectation you'd have if you start watching.

Guest primavera23

@ stevie_95 I know what u mean with kuroko no basuke. First I was not sure if I would like it, first because I am not really a fan of sports manga. Sure I enjoyed them when I was younger but now....After reading the first chapter I was so into it. The interaction between the players are sometimes hilarious. And I like that the main character is not the best player, who is almost invisible and is in everything brilliant.
If you like Kuroko you should try Kuroganekurogane-3138721.jpg

It's about a guy, who is a no good in sport. He feels like he is missing something, because honestly he want to play something with the other student. And then one night he meets the ghost of a Samurai Lady, who is in grief because nobody knows her Sword fighting style, which is supposed to be the strongest. And with her help he starts learning Kendo.

@primavera23 I had the exact same thought because usually sports are boring aye? haha. The interactions just bring a smile to your face and you love every single character (even the ones that are supposed to be the bad guys) :)
Thank you for the recommendation! I've been wanting something new to read that's similar to kuroko so I can't wait!!

Guest Asian Cupcake

Anime

• Fairy Tail (shonen)
  • Peach Girl (shoujo)
  • Inuyasha (shonen/shoujo)
  • Vampire Knight (shoujo/shonen)
  • Shugo Chara (shoujo)
  • Angel Beats (shonen/shoujo)
  • Ouran Highschool Hostclub (shoujo)
  • Kaichou Wa Maid Sama (shoujo)
  • Soul Eater (shonen)
  • Fruits Basket (shoujo)
Manga
  • Love Berrish (shoujo)
  • Stardust Wink (shoujo)
  • Highschool Debut (shoujo)
  • Saboten No Himitsu (shoujo)
  • Yumemiru Taiyou (shoujo)
  • Ookami Shoujo To Kuro Ouji (shoujo)
  • Love Stage (shonen ai/yaoi)
  • Kyou, Koi Wo Hajimemasu (ecchi/shoujo)
  • Reimei no Arcana (shonen/shoujo)
Hope everyone enjoys! I highly recommend watching the anime, Fairy Tail. Also, please read the manga, Highschool Debut. ^ ^

Thank you. :)