Anime/Manga/Manhwa recommendations thread

Admin

I really recommend Tomodachi no Hanashi.

10034_1_img_1_23350_zpsf2901df7.jpg

It's 3 chapters (the last chapter is really long).

It's the story between two best girl friends and how they deal with fakeness and relationships. One girl is very pretty and the other one is plain looking, but they have a very strong bond. Each chapter is told from a different character's pov. It's definitely a different type of story from your typical shoujo. I thought it was very beautiful and if you like friendship stories, I think you'll really appreciate this one.

I'm not sure if this has been recommended but definitely, Fruits Basket.  I watched the anime but, the manga of course, was much better.

cutiek028 said:

It's the story between two best girl friends and how they deal with fakeness and relationships. One girl is very pretty and the other one is plain looking, but they have a very strong bond. Each chapter is told from a different character's pov. It's definitely a different type of story from your typical shoujo. I thought it was very beautiful and if you like friendship stories, I think you'll really appreciate this one.

Guest Mel Rey

I do usually read fluff and slice of life.But as a girl raised watching rated R movies, I do love my gore and horror.Unfortunately, a good gore or horror story isn't easy to come by these days (I mean Paranormal Activity? What is that crap :( ?)
If you're into mutation scifi gory slice of life stuff, then:Definitely ZETMANZetman_Volume_2_cover.png
I was hesitant at first, since I don't really go for anything with the slightest hint of mecha. Though I thought this had that, it doesn't. In fact, the inhuman figures in the series are in fact mutated humans who were granted a 'gift' since birth.
It's really gory, like, limbs being cut off, guts flowing here and there, blood everywhere, and lots of action.

The plot's also very good, and it pulls you in. It has that supernatural but slice of life vibe to it.
As for horror...
Well, this one's about one of the few that really messed with my head...
IBITSUibitsu-l1.jpg
Don't let the cover art fool you, this guy's got art talent.tumblr_m7acnlSmhu1rqs4h8o1_500.jpgIsn't she just adorable?
This story basically starts off with a college art kid who's struggling with inspiration. It's really slice of life in regards to relating to some of his issues.The plot is mind bending; this story will literally reel you in and not let go.
I will warn you that it's also pretty messy, gory, gutty, twisted.

I love V.B. Rose.Really charming manga...first one I actually bought.
And a good manhwa I'd say is Sarasah.Characters are so beautiful and I love that it's not modern.The guys are so...hot.Especially with their long hair and swords... ♥Very traditional...but lovely.

Damn, Ibitsu was a pretty cool read.  Enigma of Amigara Fault also comes to mind when it comes to different/strange things.

Also just finished reading Aki Sora.  Subject matter is taboo but I don't think I've ever felt such passion from the characters since Strawberry Panic =D>

(Time to explore more titles by Masahiro Itosugi!)

----------------------------
For anyone who has seen Django Unchained and was entertained by it, I recommend Blaster Knuckle since the main guy has a lot of similarities to Django.  I would be a dream come true to see a manga where he double teams with Berserk's Guts

blaster3im9.png

xjepho said: cutiek028 said:

• 2 weeks later...

I recently watched HOSHI O OU KODOMO or Children who chase lost voices by Makoto Shinkai.
I recommend it! Especially those who like studio ghilbi type of stories. The scenery is beautiful and the story although a bit melancholy will teach you a lot of things.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest devlukas

Nobody has mentioned the anime/manga BTOOM!, i think its awesome! Its about an addicted, highschool dropout who suddenly realises he's playing his fantasy game in real life, and the only way to get out is to kill 'the other players'

Guest nartan

One of my favorite ones landing in the category of comedy is Angel Densetsu.
Its about this kid with this awkward looking face, the general delinquent face ya know. And oh man does he get in all kinds of troubles but deep down he's really kind.
Started in one go and finished at the same go, it was just so freaking hilarious. - nonetheless the art is quite special.
2gG1I

Guest Tara-chan

Two really good Anime's I'm watching are Chihayafuru and Bakuman 
ChihayafuruFrom Wiki http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chihayafuru

Chihayafuru (ちはやふる?) is a manga series written and illustrated byYuki Suetsugu, serialised in Be Love and published by Kodansha. It is about a school girl, Chihaya Ayase, who is inspired by a new classmate to take up Hyakunin Isshu karuta competitively

Chihayafuru.full.1387342.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest poporin

Onepunch-man :hilarious and one of the best(might be the best) illustrated shounenThe pale horse

Probably will put some Non mainstream AWESOME mangaKuragehime : funny n georgeous manga about fashion and girl nerdsShingeki no kyoujin : lots of action, and psychological state of oppressed humanity, oh its fantasyShima shimaStory of someone we know (manhwa)Karakuri odettePlant dolls (old style arwork but super pretty!)