Nam Ji Hyun 남지현

distressdoll

Guest adikkeluangman

Nam Ji Hyun is facepalming over her 'Some' performance with Hyungsik
During an interview with Newsen, actress Nam Ji Hyun confessed that she is dying of embarrassment over the 'KBS Drama Awards' "Some" performance she did with 'What's With This Family' co-star and ZE:A member Hyungsik back in December 2014. 
The reason? Her bad singing. Nam Ji Hyun explained, "I really want to ban the video of that 'Some' stage. I really can't sing well. My friends know that I don't sing in front of other people. Yet I received a request from the 'What's With This Family' broadcasting station asking me to do the stage with Hyungsik since we were an on-screen couple. At first, I said I definitely would not do it, but because they persuaded me, I did it." 
B-MRz_PCMAA8C3D.jpg

She continued, "I worried a lot because I can't sing. But I wasn't burdened. I thought that because I wasn't a singer, I could empty out my heart and sing. If anything, the singer Hyungsik was under a lot of pressure. It seems like he felt pressured to do well. We couldn't practice a lot separately so we practiced during our spare time on the set. Thankfully, because Hyungsik took the lead, I was able to perform comfortably." 
Check out Nam Ji Hyun's performance with Hyungsik in the clip below. While Hyungsik definitely nails his part, Nam Ji Hyun proves that she really is an actress rather than a singer at heart. Still, her struggle is much more adorable than it is embarrassing. 'What's With This Family' shippers would surely grieve if the video were to be banned. 
http://youtu.be/kohQge8vc_Q

http://www.allkpop.com/article/2015/02/nam-ji-hyun-is-facepalming-over-her-some-performance-with-hyungsik
-----Nam Ji Hyun is an excited fangirl for Big Bang's comeback + talks about dancing to A Pink
During an interview with Newsen, actress Nam Ji Hyun revealed herself to be a K-Pop fan as she talked about dancing to A Pink and listed her favorite idols. 
Nam Ji Hyun surprised viewers when she did a dance to A Pink's "No No No" on a September 2014 episode of KBS 2TV's 'Happy Together.' Nam Ji Hyun explained, "I wasn't going to dance but because (Seo) Kang Jun oppa was dancing I thought that they were going to make me do the same. At that time, I thought of the song, 'No No No.'" 
B-MR0QICEAIQlx4.jpg

She continued, "Back then I was so nervous. I'm not usually the type to do that. My friends who watched the broadcast told me I was cute and I told them not to lie. I shouldn't have danced back then." Looks like aside from her bad singing during her "Some" performance, Nam Ji Hyun has a lot of things she regrets. 
After facepalming over her past broadcast decisions, Nam Ji Hyun revealed that she's also a K-Pop fangirl. She said, "I don't think there are people at my age who don't like idols. I like boy groups like SHINee, INFINITE, and EXO."
In the end, she identified herself as a VIP, saying, "I like Big Bang the most. I was a fan since a long time ago. I want them to come back quickly," pretty much expressing every VIP's desperate wish. Will Yang Hyun Suk ever deliver? If that April comeback news proves to be true, then hopefully yes. 
http://www.allkpop.com/article/2015/02/nam-ji-hyun-is-an-excited-fangirl-for-big-bangs-comeback-talks-about-dancing-to-a-pink
-----Nam Ji Hyun dishes on her close bond with co-stars Hyungsik, Seo Kang Jun, and Son Dam Bi
During an interview with Newsen, actress Nam Ji Hyun talked about working with her 'What's With this Family?' co-stars ZE:A's Hyungsik, Seo Kang Jun, and Son Dam Bi.
On the two main male leads who made up a love triangle with her on the show, Nam Ji Hyun said, "I got a lot closer to the oppas. I especially got really close with Hyungsik oppa since we received lessons from the director a month before we started filming. Although Kang Jun oppa was awkward at first, we got closer as we went. Because all three of us are really playful, we were playful with each other and joked around." Sounds like Nam Ji Hyun was living a K-Drama fangirl's dream, sandwiched by two handsome and mischievous male leads. 
B-MTohhCcAA8UlG.jpg

The actress continued to talk about working with Son Dam Bi. Despite the tension between their characters, Nam Ji Hyun explained that she had a sweet relationship with the actress, saying, "I filmed a lot with Dam Bi unnie. Although we had a lot of fight scenes, whenever we had them we would tell each other that [the show] would end with [our characters] having the closest relationship. Dam Bi unnie is different from her role Hyo Jin in that she has a wild and refreshing personality."
'What's With This Family' came to an end earlier this month, but it looks like the actors are still reminiscing their time together. Anyone else miss the show? 
http://www.allkpop.com/article/2015/02/nam-ji-hyun-dishes-on-her-close-bond-with-co-stars-hyungsik-seo-kang-jun-and-son-dam-bi

• Replies 574
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest adikkeluangman

ZE:A′s Hyung Sik, Seo Kang Jun and More Fly to Jejudo for Vacation
71249044.jpg
Nam Ji Hyun looks lovely in her pink coat and snapback
The drama team of KBS 2TV’s What’s With This Family? departed for vacation in Jeju-do on February 23 via Gimpo International Airport.

http://mwave.interest.me/enewsworld/en/article/87764/airport-fashionphoto-zeas-hyung-sik-seo-kang-jun-and-more-fly-to-jejudo-for-vacation

Guest adikkeluangman

Seo Kang Jun, Hyungsik, and Nam Ji Hyun continue boasting their chemistry with cast and crew in Jeju Island
As previously reported, the cast and crew of 'What's With This Family' headed over to Jeju Island for a long-deserved vacation after spending months on the 53-episode drama. Which means... more of the love triangle with Nam Ji Hyun, Seo Kang Jun, and Hyungsik!  Just kidding, but there is more friendly chemistry for fans to enjoy as they upload pictures from their trip.
5urprise updated their Twitter on February 23 with pictures of Seo Kang Jun and Nam Ji Hyun as plane buddies with the comment, "The 'What's With This Family' team who reunited for their vacation even though the drama ended!  We'll be back."
seo-kang-jun_1424713769_seokangjun_namji

Hyungsik also uploaded a picture onto Instagram of himself with rival Seo Kang Jun. Turns out they're 'roommates' during the trip!
Hope all the cast and crew members enjoy an awesome vacay!  
http://www.allkpop.com/article/2015/02/seo-kang-jun-hyungsik-and-nam-ji-hyun-continue-boasting-their-chemistry-with-cast-and-crew-in-jeju-island

• 2 weeks later...

class="content-title" style="font-family: 'Open Sans', 'Helvetica Neue', Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 23px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: 1.4em; margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; border-image-source: initial; border-image-slice: initial; border-image-width: initial; border-image-outset: initial; border-image-repeat: initial; font-stretch: inherit; vertical-align: baseline; color: rgb(63, 63, 64); text-shadow: rgb(255, 255, 255) 1px 1px 0px; visibility: visible; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"“Running Man” with EXID’s Hani, Nam Ji Hyun and More Is Sweet and Chilling in Preview Stills
rm2.jpg

The ‘it’ girls of 2015 will be gracing “Running Man” with their presence.
On SBS‘s “Running Man,” actresses and idols who are becoming popular in 2015 will be guesting for a new school year special. These guests are EXID‘s Hani, GFRIEND‘s Yerin, as well as actresses Jung So Min, Yoon So Hee, and Nam Ji Hyun.
The girls begin the race looking shy and timid, which flutters the hearts of the male Running Man cast members. However, when the mission begins, they each begin to show off incredible variety skills, making for a very enjoyable shoot.
In particular, EXID’s Hani does a voice imitation that is identical to the original, inciting laughter. She also dances the original, non-censored version of “Up and Down,” which completely changes the atmosphere of the set, and Haha and Song Ji Hyo join in on the dance.
Meanwhile, the new school year special of “Running Man” will air on March 8.
rm1.jpg

Source
More Nam Ji Hyun in variety show pleassse!! :))

• 2 weeks later...
Guest adikkeluangman

Lee Kwang Soo, GOT7, 2NE1′s Sandara Park and More Attend VIP Screening for ′Twenty′
64542305.jpg
Nam Ji Hyun adds a pop of orange with her mini bag
The VIP screening for the film Twenty took place on March 18 at the COEX Megabox in Gangnam-gu.
http://mwave.interest.me/enewsworld/en/article/89552/photo-lee-kwang-soo-got7-2ne1s-sandara-park-and-more-attend-vip-screening-for-twenty

Guest adikkeluangman

Nam Ji Hyun bro-zones 'What's With This Family' love interest Hyungsik
Adorable actress Nam Ji Hyun appeared on tvN's 'Taxi' on March 24 for its special on intelligent actresses, so of course the MCs threw a question about 'What's With This Family' co-star Hyungsik at her considering the two had immense chemistry.
CA4Bi9zWEAAxom2.jpg

When she was asked, "You came out as a couple with Hyungsik, so are there lingering feelings?" like the iceberg to Titanic, she shot down the ship with, "We really got close. Near the end, he started to feel like a brother to me."  Well, then.  
She continued, "The director worried that because neither of us had much dating experience that the melodrama might not come alive."  He clearly had nothing to worry about!
Were you a fan of this cute couple in the drama?
http://www.allkpop.com/article/2015/03/nam-ji-hyun-bro-zones-whats-with-this-family-love-interest-hyungsik
-----Who would Nam Ji Hyun date if given the chance among her co-stars Kim Soo Hyun, Hyungsik, and more?
Nam Ji Hyun already shot down people who shipped her with 'What's With This Family' co-star Hyungsik as seen in an earlier report, and she did it a second time on the March 24 installment of tvN's 'Taxi' while talking about her dating and kissing experience, or surprisingly, the lack of one.
Hyungsik-Kim-Soo-Hyun-yeo-jin-goo-kang-h

She explained, "I came out of an all-girls high school and I didn't know any guys.  I do have dating experience, but I've yet to try a one-on-one date.  I've acted with Hyungsik, Seo Kang Jun, Kang Ha Neul, Yeo Jin Goo, and Kim Soo Hyun. There were times my heart fluttered for each scene. But if I were to have a boyfriend, I would like Kang Ha Neul.  I like affectionate people.  However, I've only kissed in dramas," surprising everybody with the last part.
http://www.allkpop.com/article/2015/03/who-would-nam-ji-hyun-date-if-given-the-chance-among-her-co-stars-kim-soo-hyun-hyungsik-and-more

Guest adikkeluangman

[shoot Me In The Heart] VIP Premiere

Nam Ji Hyun went to movie premiere.
-----Nam Ji Hyun Says She is Like Brothers with ZE:A’s Park Hyung Sik
Nam Ji Hyun explained her relationship with ZE:A’s Park Hyung Sik.
During the March 24 broadcast of tvN’s Taxi, Nam Ji Hyun brought up Park Hyung Sik who acted with her in What’s With This Family?.
Nam Ji Hyun said, “We got really close, so in the end, I felt like we were brothers. The director was worried about us as he filmed. He told us that he could see that we both don’t have a lot of dating experience.”
89984002.jpg

Nam Ji Hyun added, “The director told us, ‘You should date a lot.’”
Lee Young Ja commented, “You have beauty and intelligence but I feel like you’re in the same position as me,” bringing out laughter.
Meanwhile, Taxi aired a ‘Women with Sexy Brains Special’ on this day, featuring the Harvard University graduate and announcer Shin Ah Young, the KAIST student and actress Yoon So Hee and Nam Ji Hyun, who got accepted into Sogang University.
http://mwave.interest.me/enewsworld/en/article/89984/nam-ji-hyun-says-she-is-like-brothers-with-zeas-park-hyung-sik

class="content-title" style="font-family: 'Open Sans', 'Helvetica Neue', Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 23px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: 1.4em; margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; border-image-source: initial; border-image-slice: initial; border-image-width: initial; border-image-outset: initial; border-image-repeat: initial; font-stretch: inherit; vertical-align: baseline; color: rgb(63, 63, 64); text-shadow: rgb(255, 255, 255) 1px 1px 0px; visibility: visible; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"Nam Ji Hyun Joins Gong Yoo and Gong Hyo Jin’s Agency

nam-ji-hyun.png

Former child actress Nam Ji Hyun has signed an exclusive contract with the management agency Soop Entertainment, which is also the home of actors Gong Yoo and Gong Hyo Jin.
Nam Ji Hyun debuted in 2004 at the age of 10 in the drama “Say You Love Me.”
She is known for her roles in dramas such as “Angel Eyes” and “East of Eden,” and films including “Song of Dreams” and “Hwayi.” Her most recent role was in the highly successful KBS drama “What Happens to My Family?” for which she won the 2014 KBS Drama Award for “Best New Actress.”
She joins an impressive line-up of actors who are signed with Soop, including Kim Min Hee, Jeon Do Youn, and Lee Chun Hee. It is expected that this new contract will enable Nam Ji Hyun to take on more roles in dramas and films.
Following the completion of “What Happens to My Family?” Nam Ji Hyun is currently considering potential next projects.
Credits to Soompi
But nooo... What about her dearly mama entertainment? :(:(:(:(:((

Wuri Nam Ji Hyun-ee I'm so happy!!!now that she finally get in to a real real agency,I hope we see more and more from her,and on her!!! [-O<I'm so happy!FIGHTING Nam Ji Hyun-ha!!! :x :)>-NJH in Block B Mv:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6uFE2aG_VM8

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Nam Ji Hyun is really getting prettier and prettier each day. I hope she chooses a good drama soon. A drama wherein she's the main lead and will shoot her into stardom. I'm hoping for it!:)

Nam Ji Hyun is really getting prettier and prettier each day. I hope she chooses a good drama soon. A drama wherein she's the main lead and will shoot her into stardom. I'm hoping for it!:)

​me too!!!me too!!! I wish it happen soon!

• 1 month later...

Nam Ji Hyun Joins Cha Seung Won and Yoo Joon Sang in the Joseon Cartography Movie Gosangja

With all the talk over the current crop of child actors, which I’ll place at anyone 16 and younger, former child actor Nam Ji Hyun has officially left that station behind as she fully navigates the landscape of adult roles. She’s such an exquisite and versatile actress, from her boisterous plucky childhood roles as younger versions of famous sageuk leading ladies such as in Queen Seondeok to playing teens that oftentimes outshine the same role adult actresses, I’m so happy to see her transition to standalone roles and performances.

One of the biggest K-drama hits last year was the highly rated What’s With My Family, which had a sprawling cast including Nam Ji Hyun paired up with Park Hyung Sik as the maknae coupling. They were supremely adorable together and the pairing elevated both to new levels of popularity.  While Park Hyung Sik is currently starring in High Society, Nam Ji Hyun’s next role will be challenging herself rather than going the popular route – she’s joining Cha Seung Won and Yoo Joon Sang in the upcoming sageuk movie Gosangja: The Great Map of the East. A sageuk movie role and with two exceptionally intense movie leading men? Excellent choice, my girl.

Gosangja will start filming shortly after Cha Seung Won wraps his part in currently airing MBC sageuk Splendid Politics (Hwajung). The movie chronicles the life of real life Joseon-era cartographer Kim Jung Ho, nickname Gosangja meaning ancient son of the mountains, a man who made it his life mission to walk every inch of Joseon in order to produce the most comprehensive map of the nation. His epic task is opposed by the ruling power at that time led by Heungseon Daewongun, father of King Gojong and de facto ruler when the King was still a young boy at that time. Yoo Joon Sang will play Heungseon Daewongun, who fears a detailed map of Joseon will provide too much information to enemies. Nam Ji Hyun will be playing Cha Seung Won’s daughter in the movie. If done right this movie totally has award bait written all over it, so thankfully the cast is heavy with genuine acting talent.

koalasplayground

• 2 weeks later...

“Late Night Restaurant” Teases Nam Ji Hyun and Oh Ji Ho’s Wedding Photos

“Late Night Restaurant” Teases Nam Ji Hyun and Oh Ji Ho’s Wedding Photos

The producers of SBS’s “Late Night Restaurant” revealed a teaser image of a wedding photo of Oh Ji Ho and Nam Ji Hyun, who will cameo on the seventh episode, titled “Samgyetang.”

Oh Ji Ho is wearing a black tuxedo, and Nam Ji Hyun is wearing a cute baby pink dress in the released teaser image. Oh Ji Ho seems to be putting a ring on Nam Ji Hyun’s finger, leading to further speculations about what their relationship is in the show, since they are supposed to be 21 years apart in age on the show.

The producers said, “We have been receiving a lot of attention since the teaser images were released. As we near midsummer, I hope that the audience will tune in to watch the two actors tell the story of their memories.”

Source (1)

SOOMPI

• 4 months later...
Guest adikkeluangman

Nam Ji Hyun and Yeon Jun Suk reportedly cast in new SBS drama

Young actors Nam Ji Hyun and Yeon Jun Suk (both twenty years old) will be acting in a new SBS one-act drama entitled 'Mysterious Freshman'!

According to a recent exclusive report citing multiple broadcasting reps, the two have been cast in a 2-part series as the leads.  The drama, which will try to answer the question of what is happiness, will center primarily on Nam Ji Hyun's character, Oh Ah Young, who is a studious, filial girl who feels pressure to satisfy the expectations of her household and becomes a fake freshman.

CW4CXgaWkAAoI3V.jpg

Yeon Jun Suk will play Jung Woo Hyun who is a freshman in the Department of Law at Myeongseong University.  Although he's known to have the perfect household, grades, skills, and looks, he has a secret that he can tell no other.

The two of them have grown from talented child actors to talented adult actors making their way to the top, so it should be exciting to see how they perform in a new production together!  The script reading was told to have taken place recently, and they will soon go into filming.  It is not yet sure when the drama will air.  Are you excited to see their chemistry?

http://www.allkpop.com/article/2015/12/nam-ji-hyun-and-yeon-jun-suk-reportedly-cast-in-new-sbs-drama

• 3 weeks later...

Archived