Nam Ji Hyun 남지현

distressdoll

Nam Ji Hyun Reveals The Pressures That Many Child Actors Face As They Grow Up

nam-ji-hyun1.jpg

Actress Nam Ji Hyun, who recently starred in “Suspicious Partner,” spoke about the pressure that child actors are under as they grow into full-fledged adult actors.

On the July 24 broadcast of KBS Cool FM’s “Kim Ye Won’s Raise the Volume,” Nam Ji Hyun appeared as a guest. Nam Ji Hyun, who started off as a child actress, said, “When I first started acting, I was a bit confused. It wasn’t something that I tried because I really wanted to, and my parents didn’t force it on me, either. I started it because I thought it would be a special experience that would be helpful in the future, but it connected to dramas and even movies.”

Nam Ji Hyun confessed, “I think most child actors go through this. As they become adults, they feel the need to show that they’ve grown up. I think that’s when they start finding their own color. It really changes a lot based on what path you take.”

She said that she went through the same dilemmas. “Because my work wasn’t something that I chose because I wanted to, I had a lot of second thoughts in middle school and high school about the career itself. I wasn’t confident about it, so I thought about it a lot. But when I became an adult, I stopped thinking about it.”

She revealed, “When I turned 20 years old, the work environment changed a lot. When I went on to university, my personal life changed too, and the environment around me also changed. My thoughts changed, and I accepted new things, and my problems resolved on their own. Time fixed everything.”

• Replies 574
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 7/21/2017 at 9:54 PM, rhienz said:

Thank you for your answers and suggestions, dears. *heart* 

:heart: :heart: We need help each other to make this thread keep progressing :grin:

tumblr_o1n014Nriw1tg4vilo4_250.gif

Btw, I'm so thankful although Hyuuni chooses her study as priority now but she said she will always gives her update. So we should still happy rite everyone :blush:

main(141).jpg

By Park Jin-hai 

For Actress Nam Ji-hyun, 21, the drama "Suspicious Partner" was special because it offered a safe landing for her while acting in her first romance drama as an adult. The recently ended SBS romantic comedy, which gained little attention at the beginning, has reversed its viewership rankings, just like her previous drama "Shopping King Louie" did, and Nam gained a new nickname -- the "chart-climbing icon."

"I really appreciate it, since I know very well how hard it is for a drama to finish with a rising viewership," said Nam during an interview with The Korea Times at a cafe in Seoul, Thursday. 

Nam took the role of lawyer Eun Bong-hee, who partners with former prosecutor Noh Ji-wook, played by Ji Chang-wook, to solve a psychopath murder case while a romantic relationship develops between the two.

The actress, who spent more than ten years as a child actress in dramas, including most notably "Queen Seondoek (2009)," says she is very much satisfied with the outcome of her latest drama. "My biggest concern for years has been how to present myself as a grown-up actress to viewers who have seen me on the screen as a child actress for all those years. My strategy has been to take little steps. It was important for me not to lose the image of familiarity that viewers have of me, but to add a new image at the same time," she said.

"In my previous work ‘Shopping King Louie,' I portrayed puppy love, and then I moved on to this grownup real romance through ‘Suspicious Partner.'

"I revealed my character as agonizing from love, becoming happy because of it and growing up. I'm relieved that viewers take me as a grown-up actress without feeling some alienation." 

She says the most memorable line of the drama is "You're dirty but pretty." "The two adjectives ‘dirty' and ‘pretty' don't go together in most circumstances. The line that Noh says to Eun, after she worked really hard to unearth the truth and proudly revealed it to Noh, sets the entire tone of this romantic comedy," she said. "While shooting the scene, I thought I might be really happy if I could hear such a compliment from anyone after all my efforts." 

Nam, who appeared in a variety of quiz programs and debuted as a child actress in 2004, says although her works have always been successful, she was not as confident.

"My projects were successful and that helped me land the next project and the next. Inside, I used to question whether being an actress is the right way to make my life happy," said Nam. "This insecurity gave me guilt that I might be taking the place of others who most eagerly would take acting as their career. In order to get over the guilt, I became a perfectionist about myself. My smallest shortcomings then were enough to let me down."

After all those years in front of the camera, Nam went to Sogang University majoring in psychology. Now she says she found no other profession that would steal her attention from acting. Nam, who took time off after shooting "Suspicious Partner," will return to school this fall.

"I feel as though shooting dramas and films is like doing something special for me, while going back to school is like going back to where I belong," the actress said. 

Nam says that she wants to be an actress the viewers can feel comfortable with. "I want to be an actress whose presence in dramas or films would not be a surprise. So when viewers see me on movie teasers or posters, I want them see it as natural," she said.

21 hours ago, hyunnieverse said:

aww omg. I'm gonna create for android too.

Thanks Chingu, i will wait for it.. :)

Btw, i am super duper busy today. Not able to post any update or pics. Will find time tomorrow. As for now, good night, Chingus!

Nam Ji Hyun Opens Up About “Suspicious Partner” Ending, Her Ideal Type, And More In New Pictorial

Spoiler

Nam-Ji-Hyun-2.jpg

Nam Ji Hyun opened up about her latest drama, love, and her personality in a pictorial with The Star.

After an ethereal photo shoot, Nam Ji Hyun sat down to talk about her recently-ended SBS drama, “Suspicious Partner.” On how she felt about the production coming to an end, she said, “I still can’t believe it’s over. I don’t think it will sink in until the follow-up drama starts [Editor’s Note: Interview took place before “Into the New World” began airing]. I feel a little dazed and confused.”

Nam-Ji-Hyun2.jpg

When asked if her “Suspicious Partner” character’s love interest Noh Ji Wook (played by Ji Chang Wook) is close to her ideal type, Nam Ji Hyun replied, “I think he is. But because he’s a drama character, he doesn’t feel real, more like a character in a dream. I think he’s a guy that no woman would dislike.” Continuing the topic of love, Nam Ji Hyun opened up about what kind of relationship she’d want to be in and said, “I want to date someone who would be my closest friend, someone I can lean on and someone I can support in return.”

She also expressed an infinite love and passion for acting when she was asked if she’d ever thought about doing anything else. Nam Ji Hyun said, “Acting is something I don’t want to give up. Even if I went looking for something new, I don’t think anything could give me as much joy and a sense of responsibility than acting.”

On what her personality is like, Nam Ji Hyun replied, “I have a lot of curiosity, so I like to do a lot of research into things. For any given topic, I’ll try to approach it in a variety of ways. My friends joke that I’m always observing people every day.”

Spoiler

Nam-Ji-Hyun-3.jpg

Source: Soompi

NEW IG UPDATE 170729

Google Translate :

# Ganghwa Island
family trip!! The fog is covered, and it is beautiful all over!
It's quiet and quiet!
The day was better because the weather was slightly cloudy ☺️

====
PS: Thats must be her eonni *smile*

Archived