[Drama 2010] PASTA 파스타

the girl who!

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello Everyone!

Count me in too on the excitement! :D

Wohoo! Alex! :wub:

(And even "The Voice" who, in my opinion, looks way better now with his short 'do! ;) Hehehe)

Merry Christmas to ALL! :D

Thanks again Dihei for informing me about this thread. :)

This drama is defintiely on my list! Wow..it's nice to see Gong Hyo Jin doing another drama again,,,last time I watched her was in Kang Dong Won's movie "M" that was 2 years ago...I love the fact that sexy Alex from Clazziquai is here! love him!! I can't wait!! :D

alex looks weird here http://mbcinfo.imbc.com/data/photo/200912241410361_4.JPG .... but hottie as ever :lol:, love all of them! :D can't wait for the press conference .... only few hours more!

from Dramabeans :

Behind the scenes from Pasta’s outdoor shoot

200912271229051119_3.jpg

Here is our first look behind the scenes on the set of MBC’s Pasta, which had previously released its promo stills and posters.

Since the drama is set in an Italian restaurant, much of filming takes place indoors, but apparently whenever the shooting heads outside, the actors have been greeted with a cold snap. Leads Lee Seon-kyun and Gong Hyo-jin, who play a head chef and assistant chef, respectively, said, “I don’t know why it always turns so cold whenever we shoot a scene of us meeting [outside]. Our relationship in the drama is already chilly, and the weather isn’t helping.”

The two characters first encounter each other in a minor collision at an intersection. Gong Hyo-jin and Lee Seon-kyun run into each other while she’s holding a goldfish in a plastic bag, which sends her falling to the ground. Trying to save the fish, they cup water in their hands. Lee Seon-kyun said, “At first my fingers lost feeling, and later on they burned with heat.”

Recently, the two spent the night filming an outdoor scene at a pojangmacha, and the shoot was greeted with the first snow of the season. In the scene, she heads to a pojangmacha alone after being fired from her job by Lee Seon-kyun. There, she finds him sitting by himself in a glum mood and can’t bring herself to sit in front of him, so she turns around and mutters insults about him to herself. He, on the other hand, is only pretending to be on the phone while he listens in, and a confrontation ensues.

The drama describes the two as “a man who loves to cook” (Lee) and “a woman who cooks love” (Gong). Pasta premieres January 4.

200912271229051119_1.jpg

200912271229051119_2.jpg

200912271206001001_2.jpg

source : My Daily , Newsen

Guest aureliahicks

Translation of Main Cast Character :

Seo Yoo Kyung (26 years old) –Gong Hyo Jin

Easy to be fooled, also she does not utter any complaints. Only female in La Spera treated as third class. But, she will be a legend.

Her responsibilities: Washing hundreds of dishes, frying pan, dish cloth, sterilizing cutting board, cooking for chefs, cleaning the floor, organizing the refrigerator, organizing trash, making pickles, purchasing materials, organizing accounting book, washing clothes, sharpening knives, taking care of stoves, delivering materials to each division, cleaning the lounge, providing first aid to injuries, etc.

She is still an assistant even though she did all this for three years. For she is not from a good school, she has no relationship with powerful people. She knows her own situation very well and acts carefully upon it. Like this, she became No.9 after 3 years of hard working.

Finally, she catches a chance to hold the frying pan. But, at that time, one macho came to kitchen as a chief chef, and he says ‘No female in kitchen’.

“Critical situation may exist, but never gives up. I will destroy all barriers for female and I will be a legend in kitchen.”

Choi Hyun Wook (32years old) –Lee Sun Gyun

Cooking is ‘me’, the chef is the master

He immigrated to Italy at his early ages and lived there with his parents who opened a restaurant. He took the chef course there, then became a top class chef. He comes to restaurant ‘La Spera’ after he is promised full authority. He does not compromise with anyone, even the owner and old chefs, as for ‘cooking’.

Even though his parents are original Korean, he looks and acts like an Italian. He is cool about love as well as cooking. He acts like he can do everything, and acts like he has many things. He is a macho of machos, and he is straightforward. He thinks it is not appropriate to work with a female. Females can not be a colleague nor a friend. Female itself is OK, but no more female chef. There must be no female chef in my restaurant.

However,

the girl, Yoo Kyung, who survives like a weed in my kitchen, starts to shake his heart

Oh Sae Young (31 years old) –Lee Honey

She chose cooking for success!

Seo Yoo Kyung’s idol, ideal character. Symbol of ‘female chef’. She is the Hostess of a television cooking program as well as the author of a best-selling cook book. The only woman in Korea who reached the top of Italian food.

She fell in love with Choi Hyunwook while she was studying at a cooking school in Italy. She graduated as a valedictorian after messing up Choi Hyunwook’s final test on purpose. Though she didn’t want to give up both love and ambition, she put off love for the moment.

The fact that she was valedictorian of an prestigious school, put spot-light on this pretty chef, and gave her a chance to appear in television and commercials. Which leads to popularity and wealth. After attaining everything else, she decided to accomplish the last thing, which is, fatal weak point, her first love.

Behind the calling of chef Choi Hyunwook to ‘La Spera’, there is Oh Seo Young. She never doubted her victory about the result, love as well as business.

Kim San (34 years old) –Alex

Cooking is business!

He lives in an apartment near restaurant ‘La Spera’ investing in stocks. He solves every meal at ‘La Spera’. That’s why he likes to critique about the taste of ‘La Spera’ dish, which is referred to as best. Also, he likes to fool around with Yoo Kyung.

Three years ago, when Yoo Kyung caused trouble to join ‘La Spera’, he was sitting somewhere in the restaurant. He liked the way she earned a job. But not only that, he wanted to see how much she will grow with the passion she has. As to Yoo Kyung , he is a pain in the neck, but truthfully he supports her and cheers her on.

With Oh Seo Young, they are close friends who might appear to others as lovers. As a matter of fact, they might know each other too well to get even closer. However how much longer can they be ‘cool friends’ as Hyunwook and Yoo Kyung appears in their life? The relationship between man and woman is one thing that cannot be predicted.

credit ALLKoreanDrama

Guest kdramafanusa

~

Press Conference

Drama 'Pasta'

PYH2009122808940034400_P2.jpg

Dec. 28, SEOUL, South Korea -- The stars of the new drama "Pasta" -- Lee Sun-kyun, Kong Hyo-jin, Lee Honey and Alex (L to R) -- pose for a photo during a publicity event in Seoul on Dec. 28. The first episode of the drama, which depicts the dreams and success of a young woman who aspires to become an elite chef, will be aired by the MBC TV network on Jan. 4. (Yonhap)

PYH2009122808930034400_P2.jpg

S. Korean actor Lee Sun-kyun and actress Kong Hyo-jin

PYH2009122808920034400_P2.jpg

Dec. 28, SEOUL, South Korea -- South Korean actor Lee Sun-kyun (L) and actress Kong Hyo-jin, who star in the new drama "Pasta," pose for a photo during a publicity event in Seoul on Dec. 28. The first episode of the drama, which depicts the dreams and success of a young woman who aspires to become an elite chef, will be aired by the MBC TV network on Jan. 4. (Yonhap)

PYH2009122808900034400_P2.jpg

S. Korean actor Alex and actress Lee Honey

PYH2009122808880034400_P2.jpg

Dec. 28, SEOUL, South Korea -- South Korean actor Alex (L) and actress Lee Honey, who star in the new drama "Pasta," pose for a photo during a publicity event in Seoul on Dec. 28. The first episode of the drama, which depicts the dreams and success of a young woman who aspires to become an elite chef, will be aired by the MBC TV network on Jan. 4. (Yonhap)

PYH2009122808870034400_P2.jpg

S. Korean actress Kong Hyo-jin

PYH2009122806150034400_P2.jpgPYH2009122806200034400_P2.jpg

Dec. 28, SEOUL, South Korea -- South Korean actress Kong Hyo-jin, who stars in the new drama "Pasta," poses for a photo during a publicity event in Seoul on Dec. 28. The first episode of the drama, which depicts the dreams and success of a young woman who aspires to become an elite chef, will be aired by the MBC TV network on Jan. 4. (Yonhap)

S. Korean actor Lee Sun-kyun

PYH2009122806180034400_P2.jpgPYH2009122808890034400_P2.jpg

Dec. 28, SEOUL, South Korea -- South Korean actor Lee Sun-kyun, who stars in the new drama "Pasta," poses for a photo during a publicity event in Seoul on Dec. 28. The first episode of the drama, which depicts the dreams and success of a young woman who aspires to become an elite chef, will be aired by the MBC TV network on Jan. 4. (Yonhap)

S. Korean actress Lee Honey

PYH2009122806230034400_P2.jpgPYH2009122806220034400_P2.jpg

Dec. 28, SEOUL, South Korea -- South Korean actress Lee Honey, who stars in the new drama "Pasta," poses for a photo during a publicity event in Seoul on Dec. 28. The first episode of the drama, which depicts the dreams and success of a young woman who aspires to become an elite chef, will be aired by the MBC TV network on Jan. 4. (Yonhap)

S. Korean actor Alex

PYH2009122806160034400_P2.jpgPYH2009122806170034400_P2.jpg

Dec. 28, SEOUL, South Korea -- South Korean actor Alex, who stars in the new drama "Pasta," poses for a photo during a publicity event in Seoul on Dec. 28. The first episode of the drama, which depicts the dreams and success of a young woman who aspires to become an elite chef, will be aired by the MBC TV network on Jan. 4. (Yonhap)

S. Korean actress Kong Hyo-jin

PYH2009122808840034400_P2.jpg

Dec. 28, SEOUL, South Korea -- South Korean actress Kong Hyo-jin, who stars in the new drama "Pasta," responds to reporters' questions during a publicity event in Seoul on Dec. 28. The first episode of the drama, which depicts the dreams and success of a young woman who aspires to become an elite chef, will be aired by the MBC TV network on Jan. 4. (Yonhap)

S. Korean actor Lee Sun-kyun

PYH2009122808850034400_P2.jpg

Dec. 28, SEOUL, South Korea -- South Korean actor Lee Sun-kyun, who stars in the new drama "Pasta," responds to reporters' questions during a publicity event in Seoul on Dec. 28. The first episode of the drama, which depicts the dreams and success of a young woman who aspires to become an elite chef, will be aired by the MBC TV network on Jan. 4. (Yonhap)

S. Korean actress Lee Honey

PYH2009122808860034400_P2.jpg

Dec. 28, SEOUL, South Korea -- South Korean actress Lee Honey, who stars in the new drama "Pasta," responds to reporters' questions during a publicity event in Seoul on Dec. 28. The first episode of the drama, which depicts the dreams and success of a young woman who aspires to become an elite chef, will be aired by the MBC TV network on Jan. 4. (Yonhap)

S. Korean actor Alex

PYH2009122808820034400_P2.jpg

Dec. 28, SEOUL, South Korea -- South Korean actor Alex, who stars in the new drama "Pasta," responds to reporters' questions during a publicity event in Seoul on Dec. 28. The first episode of the drama, which depicts the dreams and success of a young woman who aspires to become an elite chef, will be aired by the MBC TV network on Jan. 4. (Yonhap)

Source: Yonhap News

Guest kimheami

oooo a drama that i am looking forward to!!! although i don't like honey's new hair style.. she looks so much more striking with straight hair.

videos (source : jazzaylink) :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWiNRHFga-c

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_IW-pgTiWZ8

from Jazzholic :

“Pasta” press conference

lhy20091228165856072510.jpg

MBC held press conference for their upcoming drama “Pasta” on December 28 around 2 pm at the Samsung Convention Hall – Grand Ballroom, Seoul. Attended by the four main characters, Lee Seon Gyun, Gong Hyo Jin, Honey Lee and Alex, along with its director Kwon Seok Jang and writer Seo Suk Hyang.

As always happens at a press conference, each of them had to answer questions from the press and media, and one question directed to Alex about his ‘romantic guy’ image and his acting – in which Alex answered, “It’s getting better…” (laughs)

Alex,”When I was in a variety program (We Got Married), many people got the wrong perception of how I did on TV as compared to my own character outside the camera. But of course, when I’m married to my wife, I can commit to such act. Since the variety show was written by a male, it was written that I had to wash her feet as a part of the show to reflect on my character. In fact, the real nature of my character is that I’m pretty much conservative. I can be friendly to women, but I know there are some women who can be just like me also. (laughs)”

And in regards to his participation in the drama, Alex said that among the four of them, he has the less experience (acting-wise). “I’m playing a character that’s somewhat different than who I am. With my existing image, it is completely the opposite to the character.” His character, Kim San is a food critic who actually knows what he’s doing. He can be cynical about a lot of stuff, but he has that hidden charm to dazzle women he encounters with. Alex also mentioned, “I still look awkward on screen while I’m acting. As with the four of us, I’m the one with lack of experience, lack of skills and the one who makes the most NG. But I hope that you’ll be thinking about me, ” he said humbly.

Alex has studied acting and practicing at home, alone looking in the mirror and tried hard to memorized his lines, he said. Though he is a real chef in the real world, who can actually cook, however, in the drama his character doesn’t appear to be like a real chef. Alex said it’s somewhat frustrating, but also not really. He enjoys the character because of his background as a cook. A food critic has to know what he’s talking about, and it helps to pretend to be one when he knows a bit more about cooking and food in general.

“Pasta” will be airing next week, on Monday January 4th on MBC.

Guest shabashindy

i'm REALLY antcipating this drama!

i just like the whole cast and the feel of the drama..kinda reminds me of samsoon, just the feel though.

Guest kdramafanusa

Lee Sun-kyun says not pressured by new image in "Pasta"

Reporter : Choi Ji-Eun | five@10asia.co.kr

기사입력 2009.12.29 16:18 최종수정 2009.12.29 16:18

2009122913253127984_1.jpg

From left, MBC TV series main cast Lee Sun-kyun and Kong Hyo-jin pose during a press conference at the Marvelous convention hall in Seoul, South Korean on December 28, 2009. [MBC]

Briefly put, MBC TV series "Pasta" which premieres January 4, is about 'dating in the kitchen'. The romance between a boss who is divinely talented yet uses vulgar language while being disdainful to everyone and an employee who does not succumb to her boss' abusive treatment but rather bears with it to later succeed in both love and work, has been portrayed more than several times in various films and dramas. But the bar is raised higher when that story is depicted by actor Lee Sun-kyun, famous for playing mild-natured characters and actress Kong Hyo-jin who usually plays unique characters. A press conference was held on Monday attended by Lee who broke free from his past image by revealing his own style of acting in film "Paju" this year and Kong who has been expanding on her realm of acting through films such as "Blush and Crush' and "Sisters on the Road".

Q: You've played a lot of characters with gentle personalities up till now. Weren't you pressured by having to change your image 180 degrees in "Pasta"?

Lee Sun-kyun (Lee): I actually hadn't been pressured about having to change my image but I started thinking that maybe I should try something different because so many people started saying the same thing. The role Choi Hyun-wook that I played had a character different from the roles I had taken on in the past so I can't say that I wasn't worried or pressured but I believe that an actor expands on his realm of acting by taking on roles he is not used to, so it feels as if I'm taking on a good challenge. That's why I'm always screaming with happiness on set these days. (laugh)

Q: You said your character is finicky to the extent that he is nutty. What did you focus on in trying to portray him?

Lee: I went into shoot a week after I got the script and during that time I thought a lot about how I should express his character. It's easier to act out your role in dramas where you are given some time to get used to the drama and everything but I had a rough time the first couple of days with "Pasta" because I had to be sure of how I would portray my character upon going into shoot. That's why I talked a lot with producer Kwon Seok-jang and the single thing he showed me was a photograph of Joker from the movie "Dark Night" saved on his mobile phone. If finicky characters are usually those who stop scolding and getting angry after a while, Choi Hyun-wook is someone who keeps going until onlookers start wondering if he really has to go so far. I'm both curious and worried to see how my acting turns out.

Q: Are you able to relieve yourself of any stress through such acting?

Lee: With scenes in the kitchen, Choi usually gets mad at each person there so it's as if I'm fighting up against ten people alone. It drains me physically and so I'm never fully at ease on set. I think I've become more sensitive while working on this drama because I know that if I make mistakes, it will only prolong the shoots.

Q: What is the real Lee Sun-kyun like on set?

Kong Hyo-jin (Kong): He is not as gentle and sweet as I expected him to be. (laugh) I'm usually very friendly but I was only able to say a mere 'hello' to him on set for the first two weeks because we did so many scenes where I get scolded by him. But I like it because he's more manly than I expected him to be, he's funny and also very encouraging as the eldest on set.

Q: You're returning to the small screen for the first time in two years with MBC TV series "Thank You" being your last drama. Why did you choose to take on "Pasta"?

Kong: I'd been looking into a lot of scripts but it had been hard to find a drama of my taste. "Pasta" seemed not just like a fun drama but I liked my character Seo Yoo-kyung's personality because she seemed to be candid. She is someone whom people will support because they will feel sympathy for her while delivering a sense of achievement or courage to viewers by showing the process of how she changes in the end. I liked the drama because it's not just about the main characters' living happily ever after but also about them fighting for something and achieving something as human beings.

Q: You said you took on movie "Crush and Blush" because you wanted to win an award. What do you want to gain from "Pasta"?(laugh)

Kong: Oh, it wasn't entirely for that reason with "Crush and Blush"... But it's true (laugh) and with "Pasta", I hope it sees good ratings. (laugh)

Q: There's only a week left before it premieres. How is the atmosphere on set these days?

Kong: We pull allnighters everyday. It's very rare to shoot a single scene 160 times but we did that with the kitchen scene you saw in the video clip earlier today. An actual chef is on set with us and he keeps an eye on how we cook. My character Seo Yoo-kyung was a chef's assistant for three years so she is supposed to be very good at splitting live lobsters into half or handling food products... Those scenes were more difficult than the scenes where I cook.

Q: Did you refer to cooking-related reality programs like "Hell's Kitchen" or "Yes Chef"?

Lee: Both the actors and producers watched those shows a lot.

Kong: We watched those for reference for our attire and to see what it's like in the kitchen when it's busy or to have a scary chef.

Q: You said you practiced making pasta a lot because you had to play the role of a genius chef. Did you have your family try the pasta you made for practice?

Lee: I practiced whenever I could because I thought I should put in as much effort I do into scolding others on set while playing the role of chef. I've become used to how the kitchen works now because I spend so much time there and I've also become quite close with the people in the kitchen so I'm hoping to receive some perks when I visit them from now on. (laugh) After giving birth, my wife had stayed at a postnatal care center right next to the restaurant where we shot our drama so I always gave her the pasta I had practiced making. I think she ate it well because she doesn't know too much about pasta. (laugh)

Q: Which pasta do you think you cook the best?

Lee: I actually didn't eat pasta that much before and didn't really enjoy it either but I now know what is good and how to make it after shooting this drama. I like light, clean flavors so I enjoy eating Ali Olio which contains garlic and olive oil. The recipe is simple but I think its a very delicate dish to create.

2009122820042023640_4.jpg

Q: "Pasta" is airing after "Queen Seon-deok" -- a drama which topped TV ratings charts for over half a year. Do you feel any pressure from this?

Kong: I think it's actually better because MBC usually does well with its Monday and Tuesday dramas and I think we'll be able to carry on the mood from "Seon-deok". I am a bit worried though because there are some new dramas which had been delaying their premiere until "Seon-deok" ends.

Lee: We receive a lot of similar questions but I don't know why we should feel pressured. I actually think we're up against fair competition because three dramas will all premiere on the same day.

Q: Is there a particular reason viewers should tune into "Pasta"?

Lee: I think the dramas on other channels will also be fun. Each drama has a unique style of its own so viewers should watch them according to their taste. Kong said she liked "Pasta" because it isn't too cheerful but I like it because I thought it was. The story progresses quickly, it's cheerful and its romance line is also delightful so it makes it a fun drama.

Kong: There are dramas which force the main characters to simply become romantically involved but I like "Pasta" because it has a clear story at its core. I said i liked it because it's not all rosy but I think it's increasingly becoming cheerful drama. (laugh)

Q: Then how do you expect the ratings to do?

Lee: Around 18 percent with hot response from netizens? (laugh) It would be great if we can pass ratings of 30 or 40 percent but there's the danger of my image becoming fixed. The ratings for MBC's "White Tower" and "Coffee Prince" weren't as high compared to the sensation they became.

Kong: I'm fine with my image becoming fixed so I'll say 30 percent. (laugh)

2009122820042023640_1.jpg

2009122820042023640_2.jpg2009122820042023640_3.jpg

Reporter : Choi Ji-Eun five@10asia.co.kr

Editor : Jessica Kim jesskim@asiae.co.kr, Lee Ji-Hye seven@10asia.co.kr

<ⓒ10Asia All rights reserved>

Archived