[Drama 2010] PASTA 파스타

the girl who!

Guest kdramafanusa

Source: The Korea Times 12-29-2009 16:21

Dramas to Look for on Small Screen in 2010

By Han Sang-hee

Staff Reporter

091229_p16_a1.jpg

SBS is bringing its new drama “Jejungwon” about the nation’s first modern hospital during the Joseon Kingdom. Starring Yeon Jung-hun, right, Park Yong-woo, left, and Han Hye-jin, the soap will start airing Jan. 4 at 10 p.m. / Courtesy of SBS

This year's lineup of dramas proved to be interesting. There were young, handsome characters attracting female fans ("Boys Over Flowers,'' KBS), smart housewives took over households and offices ("My Wife is a Superwoman,'' MBC) and ancient royalty ("The Great Queen Seondeok,'' MBC) and intelligence agents ("Iris,'' KBS) fought for their lives on the small screen.

For 2010, networks are preparing another year of compelling dramas based on history, catchy storylines and even war.

Back to the Past

Three networks are traveling back in time, mostly to the Joseon era (1392-1910) for their 2010 lineups.

SBS will air "Jejungwon,'' a stylish drama about the nation's first "modern" hospital during the Joseon Kingdom period. It will star Yeon Jung-hun, husband of actress Han Ka-in, as the rich and smart doctor Baek Do-yang, and movie star Park Yong-woo will appear as Joseon's first surgeon, Hwang Jung. Actress Han Hye-jin will star as Joseon's first female doctor. Historic records show that doctors at Jejungwon looked after many sick people, regardless of their economic status in the hierarchical Joseon society. "Jejungwon'' will begin airing Jan. 4 at 10 p.m. on SBS.

KBS will present three different dramas based on the theme of noblesse oblige and present famous historical figures that spent their lives performing various services. The first of the three is "Myungga'' (working title), which presents the history of the Choi family, a famous household of 300 years ago based in Gyeongju, North Gyeongsang Province. "Myungga'' literally means a noble household. Starring Cha In-pyo and Han Go-eun, it will show the rules and discipline the Choi family had to go through during the turbulent Joseon Kingdom. The series will start airing Jan. 2 at 9:40 p.m.

091229_p16_a2.jpg

Following the 16-episode "Myungga'' will be "The Merchant, Kim Man-deok'' (working title), starring actress Lee Mi-yeon as a courageous merchant of the Joseon era. The drama will feature Lee as Kim Man-deok (1739-1812), who donated all her belonging to poor villagers living on Jeju Island. This is Lee's first drama in three years, and her first period drama in eight years since the hit series "The Last Empress'' on KBS.

"The Merchant, Kim Man-deok'' will start airing on KBS in March.

The final series of KBS' "noblesse oblige'' project will be about independence fighter Lee Hoe-young (1867-1932). When Japanese invaded Korea, Lee donated all of his savings and moved to China to build a school. He trained soldiers and scholars who later led the army to win numerous battles during the early 20th century. He died in prison after being captured and tortured by the Japanese army. Further details regarding the series are to be confirmed soon.

MBC will bring back producer Lee Byung-hun ― the maker of hit television series including "Jewels in the Palace,'' "Heo Jun,'' "Prince of the Legend'' and "Lee San, Wind of the Palace'' ― to offer "Dongi' (working title) in March. The new drama will present the story of King Sukjong (1661-1720) of the Joseon Kingdom and Sukbin Choi, one of his consorts. Choi later gave birth to King Youngjo (1694-1776). Actor Ji Jin-hee, who also starred in "Jewel in the Palace,'' will appear as King Sukjong. Han Hyo-joo, the young heroine of popular drama "Brilliant Legacy'' (SBS), will play the part of Choi.

Meanwhile, KBS will follow "Iris" with "Chuno," a show about house servants referred to as "chuno." The drama will star Jang Hyuk as slave hunter Lee Dae-gil and Oh Ji-ho as the slave Song Tae-ha. "Chuno'' begins airing Jan. 6 at 9:55 p.m. on KBS.

Catchy Stories

MBC is continuing with its successful streak of culinary dramas with "Pasta," following "Jewel in the Palace'' (2003), "My Lovely Sam-soon'' (2005) and "Coffee Prince'' (2007). The story revolves around aspiring female chef Seo Yu-gyeong, played by model-turned actress Kong Hyo-jin. The series will follow the relationships between Seo, chef Choi Hyun-wook (Lee Sun-kyun) and sous chef Geum Suk-ho (Lee Hyung-chul), and also give an inside view of a kitchen and the making of Italian dishes. "Pasta'' will start airing Jan. 4 at 10 p.m.

091229_p16_a3.jpg

Actress Moon Geun-young returns to the small screen as an evil sibling in the upcoming drama "Cinderella's Sister'' (working title). This will be the first evil role for the 22-year-old, who is famous for her innocent image. "Cinderella's Sister'' is scheduled to air in March.

KBS will air a Japanese manga-based drama called "Master of Study," which is based on "Dragon Zakura'' by Norifusa Mita. It's the story of a young boy and his friends who learn the importance of studying and friendship as they prepare for the university entrance exam. Funny man Kim Su-ro will appear for the first time in a television series as a charismatic and headstrong teacher, while boy-next-door Yoo Seung-ho will star as the stubborn yet charming Hwang Bek-hyun. The soap will start airing Jan. 4 at 10 p.m.

War Heroes

The year 2010 marks the 60th anniversary of the outbreak of the Korean War (1950-1953), so it's fitting that there will be a couple of dramas depicting the war.

Heartthrob So Ji-sub will star in MBC's "Road No. 1,'' a drama about the survival of two young soldiers. Along with So, movie star Kim Ha-neul will return to the small screen as a military doctor. The title refers the main road that connected South and North Korea during the war. "Road No. 1'' is scheduled to air in June.

KBS is working on "Jeonwoo'' (working title), which means comrade. It's a remake of a popular television series in the 1970s, and the state-run network will upgrade the drama into a series depicting the war and its aftermath. Details on the project will be confirmed soon.

sanghee@koreatimes.co.kr

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

_1_1.jpg

(Sourced from: dcinside)

Alex is probably saying, "Are those shoes made for walking? More like 'killer' heels to me!" LOL! :lol:

Yep, even I was floored by those 8-inch heels. :D

Guest kdramafanusa

Source: The Korea Herald 2010.01.04

Six dramas revamping 2010 lineup

The New Year heralds a new start for the three major broadcasting networks. A total of six dramas are revamping the 2010 lineup.

A trio of period pieces shuns court and queen and explores the past from a different angle, while a rom-com, a family-oriented drama and a teen-friendly series tackle modern-day issues. Here's a closer look at this month in television.

The Slave Hunters

201001030023.jpg

A swashbuckling period piece with a fresh premise, KBS' new Wednesday and Thursday night series looks set to carry on the winning streak of its blockbuster predecessor "IRIS."

The action-packed series, aptly titled "The Slave Hunters," channels the high stakes allure of a modern-day thriller while bringing on the classic tang of a martial arts piece and the grit of a Western.

The tale unfolds in the 1600s, during the Joseon Dynasty. The king and two of his sons are dead. One final son, the last crown prince remains. A former warrior-turned-slave, Song Tae-ha, is sent on a mission to save him. The infamous slave hunter, Lee Dae-gil, is sent on a mission to capture Song Tae-ha.

In essence, viewers will be tuning into a 24-episode long chase scene. Despite its longevity, this is a prolonged pursuit that promises to never let up. Stellar action scenes involving martial arts, swords and guns and a bar brawl or two will keep audiences on the edge of their seats as they cheer on the hunter and the hunted.

"Tazza (The War of Flowers)" actor Jang Hyuk, who is returning to the small screen as slave hunter Lee Dae-gil, captured the charm of his bad boy persona at a press conference on Dec. 21: "Rather than categorize him as a villain, my character possesses both good and evil traits."

Bulked up, sporting a tan, long bedraggled locks and a devil-may-care smirk, Jang Hyuk looked well-suited for his a role as a ruthless hunter.

But it is the duality of his character that will display his versatility and charm as an actor.

A nobleman who lost his family to a fire set off by the brother of his first love, Jang Hyuk is tasked with the burden of making a convincing transformation from a soft and gentle aristocrat to a vengeful and cold-hearted ruffian.

Starring opposite Jang Hyuk, "My Wife is a Superwoman" Oh Ji-ho takes his first turn at a period piece as slave Song Tae-ha. "My Girl" actress Lee Da-hae plays Lee Dae-gil's first love and Song Tae-ha's last love.

"Spirit of Jeet Keun Do" actor Lee Jong-hyeuk spices things up as an assassin hot on Song Tae-ha's trail. "Marrying the Mafia II: Gamunui Wigi" actor Gong Hyung-jin sheds his comedic skin for the role of a tattooed slave who shoots up aristocrats and "Jump 2009" actor Kim Ji-suk plays a member of Lee Dae-gil's slave hunter posse.

Jejungwon The Hospital

201001030024.jpg

Starting tonight, SBS fuses two popular genres -- medical drama and historical romance -- for its new series "Jejungwon The Hospital."

Based on the first modern hospital in Korea, the new period piece charts the establishment of Kwanghyewon, later named Jejungwon, by American missionary Dr. Horace Newton Allen in 1885 and of its first Korean doctors.

"Once Upon A Time" actor Park Yong-woo plays a butcher's son who becomes Korea's first surgeon. "East of Eden" actor Yeon Jung-hoon stars as the aristocrat with a passion for medicine. "Jumong" actress Han Hye-jin tackles the role of Horace Allen's translator, a heroine who becomes a doctor.

The Reputable Family

Yet another period piece that goes against the trend towards charting royalty, KBS' new Saturday and Sunday night series churns out a classic family saga with the tale of the famed and wealthy Gyeongju Choi household.

Veteran actor Cha In-pyo and actress Han Go-eun star opposite each other in "The Reputable Family." The first episode aired on Saturday.

Pasta

201001030025.jpg

The gourmet rom-com has established itself as a staple of Korean television. From "My Lovely Sam-soon" to "Coffee Prince," MBC has been successful at this genre and is attempting to repeat history with its new Monday and Tuesday series "Pasta."

Featuring "Coffee Prince" actor Lee Sun-gyun as the new chef of an Italian restaurant and "Thank You" actress Kong Hyo-jin as his ambitious underling, "Pasta" promises to bring a bit of kitchen romance to the small screen. Former Miss Korea Lee Ha-nui and Clazziquai Project singer Alex will also be starring in the series.

The Masters of the Art of Study

Last January, KBS garnered massive viewer ratings with its comic book-inspired hit series "Boys Over Flowers." This year KBS is bringing audiences yet another comic book-based drama with its new Monday and Tuesday night series "The Masters of the Art of Study."

Like "Boys Over Flowers," a Japanese TV version of the original comic series has already aired. "The Masters of the Art of Study" director Yoo Hyun-gi promises that the Korean version will not draw inspiration from the Japanese television drama.

"We are making the original comic book Koreanized," he said at a press conference last week, adding that it would showcase more content and that it would be reinterpreted to suit "our situation."

Comedic veteran actor Kim Su-ro plays the lawyer tasked with saving a high school from closure by sending five of its underdog students to Korea's top university. Actress Bae Doo-na plays the school's good-hearted English teacher. "The Great Queen Seondeok" hottie Yoo Seung-ho, "The Host" actress Ko Ah-seong and girl group T-ara member Ji-yeon star as the school's students.

When asked how he felt about playing a rebellious student, the 16-year old Yoo answered: "I play a student who confronts his teachers and is hip."

Sporting an edgy haircut and pierced ears, he grinned.

"It's really fun."

Wish Upon a Star

This year, SBS is going to make Monday and Tuesday nights a double whammy. Airing right before "Jejungwon The Hospital," SBS drama "Wish Upon a Star" and future dramas that will air in its timeslot targeting female viewers aged 30 and over, stated an SBS press release.

"Famous Princesses" actress Choi Jung-won stars as a newly orphaned heroine raising her adopted siblings. "Love and Marriage" actor Kim Ji-hoon stars opposite Choi.

Details

"The Slave Hunters" airs its first episode on Wednesday on KBS 2 TV at 9:55 p.m.

"Jejungwon The Hospital" starts tonight on SBS at 9:55 p.m.

"The Reputable Family" airs on KBS 1 TV at 9:40 p.m. on Saturdays and Sundays.

"Pasta" starts tonight on MBC at 9:55 p.m.

"The Masters of the Art of Study" starts tonight on KBS 2 TV at 9:55 p.m.

"Wish Upon a Star" starts tonight on SBS at 8:50 p.m.

(oh_jean@heraldm.com)

By Jean Oh

Guest loveyoumomo

Hi everyone. This is my first time attempting to follow a soompi thread before the drama actually airs so i'm really excited. A big Gong Hyo Jin fan so I'm really looking forward to see what she brings to the screen. The Voice. What can I say. Love his voice. And Alex = sweetheart from WGM series so keke lots of expectations. Honey wasn't that bad in Partner either so 2010 looks like its going to be a great year for dramas...fingers crossed!!! Pasta fighting!!!

only 17 hours + ... *-*

from dramabeans :

Lee Seon-kyun presents Pasta staff with gifts

20100103213408177.jpeg

Lee Seon-kyun, who is headlining MBC’s Pasta, has given gifts to the drama staff, just as the show is about to go on the air this week. The presents of 70 jackets were given on January 1 and Lee explained, “This winter is especially cold and the staff is suffering through it as they film. As the lead actor, I prepared this gift to show that I’m thankful and also sorry.”

Meanwhile, the drama has added another cast member to act as a friend and support to Gong Hyo-jin’s character, Jung Da-hye of cable show Rude Miss Young-ae. She is fired only a day into her job as the kitchen’s fourth-ranked staffer by the main chef Choi Hyun-yeok (Lee Seon-kyun). This is a common occurrence with the bad-tempered chef, who has similarly fired three other women; Jung Da-hye joins them in forming a sort of club under the motto, “Kill Choi Hyun-yeok.”

Pasta premieres tomorrow, January 4.

2010010310015009870_1.jpg

2010010339073817.jpg

thank you so much, cute girl! love the episode!!! the scene when the oil explodes was priceless ( *ran to protect her newbie assistant!* xD aww! xD)

our cheff reminds me a bit Kang Mae (Kim Myung Min's character in Beethoven Virus) ... ahhh! so arrogant[but with good maners! xD]!

Love the first episode of "Pasta" even though i couldn't understand a single word. LOL! Though i must say that Chef No. 1's screaming and shouting pretty much damaged my eardrums. :lol: So little of Alex in this episode. Hope his scenes will increase in the next few episodes.

Er, can somebody please explain to me how to dl from a torrent link like the one shared by cute girl here in this thread? Thanks in advance.

Guest perfect

I LOVED LOVED LOVED the first episode.

Did anyone else love the chemistry onscreen between the leads?

At first I had no anticipation whatsoever for this drama because the synopsis didn't really catch my attention, but I watched todays episode anyways because I'm a huge Gong Hyo Jin fan..

I'm so glad I decided to watch this drama!!! I really should be studying for my test instead of 'imagining' in my head what the next episode is going to be like. LOL

yay! me too! LOVE the entire episode ... and obviously the chemistry between Sun Gyun & Hyo Jin!

nh20100104etn003(0).jpg

she's so clumsy & inocent ^^

see PASTA online on youtube! ^_^

EP 1 1/7 : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eCRGcJd_4IQ

source : dfgsdfgf43 @ youtube

EDIT : great news from WITHS2's twitter : Howdy folks! just added 3 more new projects for this new year! :D Pasta, Jejoongwon and later on, Chuno (airing on Wednesday) Stay tuned!

:D thanks WITHS2!

Archived