Kim Hyun Joong 김현중/金賢重/ キム・ヒョンジュン

Guest coreana

class="entry-title" style="border: 0px; font-size: 2.2rem; margin: 0px 56px 5px 0px; outline: 0px; padding: 5px 36px 0px 0px; vertical-align: baseline; clear: none; text-shadow: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.199219) 0px 1px 1px; line-height: 1.2; "[info] Hyun Joong – “City Conquest” to be Broadcast in DATV Japan

Credit: http://datv.jp/campaign

City Conquest will be broadcast in March 2013 on DATV Japan

5DD85E23-EB10-4385-A6D4-CE886EB4323A.jpg

KHJ (김현중) Official WEIBO and FACEBOOK PAGE Update: Hyun Joong Singing at Saitama Super Arena

reposted from : Kathy's BenchUpdates are really scarce nowadays... But I hope by the time Hyun Joong gets busy again, we are all still together!^^

Credit: facebook.com/kimhyunjoong
Caption: 사이타마 슈퍼아레나에서...(Saitama Super Arena)
556397_396002510455644_128183567_n.jpg
weibo.com/hyunjoongk
a6727405jw1dwupmgnu0gj.jpg

class="yiv1251036280post-title" style="margin: 0px; "
Kim Hyun Joong… [article] ALIEN ENCOUNTER
class="yiv1251036280post-title" style="margin: 0px; "
by LazerKim

noblekhj4.jpg

By LazerKim:        

I was going over my article file searching for some info from my previous articles, and I came across an article which I believe had been in my file for ages!! This article had been my first few ones when I was still starting to write. Kim Hyun Joong came to my country last year in August, I know nothing about him as yet, during this period last year I was in the stage of recovering from my accident. It was in late October when I first followed Hyun Joong, so I would think that time he was in my country it wasn't time yet. 

During his recent Asia Tour fan meeting, many of his fans have different experience and stories to tell about their encounter with Kim Hyun Joong. Fans do share those memorable fan meeting with him and kept locked in our hearts forever unforgettable. This story I am about to write is an experience from a non-fan as she encountered for the first time with Hyun Joong, she had a funny story too reading from her blog!! I asked her if I can relate her story here, and she gave me blessings to do so, but just for the record I wrote this article as the first few ones at the beginning of this year, that I have to post just for the record. Here it goes.

noblekhj5.jpg

I read an interesting blog that I would like to share with you. The blogger is Ms. Agent P, as she relayed her story on how she encountered seeing the Alien Prince Kim Hyun Joong for the first time at the High five Event in August 2011. Agent P clearly stated in her blog that she's not a Kim Hyun Joong fan, but she attended the event just to have a topic to write in her blog.

As expected the mall where Hyun Joong held the event was full packed and there's a long line of fans waiting outside the mall to get in. Agent P experienced the long hours of falling in line to get into the venue and for long hours of standing in a crowded area while waiting for Hyun Joong to appear before his fans. It was quite a odeal for her considering she's not a fan, and yet she was forced to be there, to endure the long hours of waiting, while she squeezed herself into the crowd to get a good view of the stage, just for the sake of blog!!!

While waiting, she overheard from some fans talking, as a man in black short hair was coming on stage, some fans screamed thinking that man was Kim Hyun Joong! Agent P said, "I'm not a fan, but I know Hyun Joong had already changed the color of his hair from black to blonde, how come his fans doesn't know that!!" I laughed at that, I was thinking maybe those fans were not internet active!!

Finally, Hyun Joong got on stage, as expected his fans screamed and cheered as he appeared and started the High Five Event as the fans were prepared in a long line to go up on stage for a high-five with Hyun Joong, while Agent P took pictures and was just observing as the event transpired. In her blog there was no description of her being star stuck with Hyun Joong what so ever, but had her was attention on stage as she watched the fans and Hyun Joong's every move.

noblekhj6.jpg

After that event, the following day, she had a strange feeling with sudden urge to sneak out from work, to go and see Hyun Joong again, since there's another similar event in another venue. Agent P again, emphasized that she's not a fan of Hyun Joong to be tortured as what she had experienced the first time she saw him. And yet that strong urge to go and see him again was so irresistible. She then asked herself "do I love Kim Hyun Joong (or blogging) this much to submit myself to this kind of torture again for the second day straight?" 

Agent P was recalling the other small details, that she failed to include in her blog. She was remembering Hyun Joong's smile, that never faltered, even if he was already being violated by over-zealous fans and a pry mantis as she described one of the fans who attempt to hug Hyun Joong with over excitement of seeing him!!

She remembered how Hyun Joong looked at every single fan straight to their eyes, as he thank them for coming over to the event. She remembered that whenever someone drops something, usually a gift that was passed onto him in a rush, Hyun Joong would quickly take the initiative, to pick it up by himself. Unlike other celeb, would let their manager or PA to pick it up instead.

She remembered Hyun Joong pulling a little girl, who had already on her way down to the stage, just so he could have a photo with her. She remembered every single moment as the event transpired and that smile of Kim Hyun Joong that kept haunting her. This was how Agent P remembered Hyun Joong, in small details which is unusual for a celeb like him. And probably something she will always remember about Kim Hyun Joong.

noblekhj1.jpg

After the event, Agent P read some articles about Hyun Joong, and so far there was not a single negative comment about him. Actually Agent P had a not so good experience with other Korean celebs and their managers that she considered snob, that she wanted to cast out from her mind. She said, she's happy that Hyun Joong and his entourage sited a good example that not all Korean stars are divas.

I borrowed this story coming from a none fan who is not a KHJ bias at all, and had experienced seeing Hyun Joong in person. I have watched a lot of Hyun Joong's video clips, read a lot of news articles from local magazines, from other blogger's write ups about their experience of meeting Kim Hyun Joong, and I couldn't find any negative comment about their encounter with him nor his staffs so far.

Other people do criticize his ability as an artist, but no one dares to criticize his personality, although I'm not saying he's perfect. Simply because they could not see anything negative about his attitude or if there may be, it's tolerable and funny!! Specially every time he commits a mistake, anyone would just laugh it out, because he's cute when he commits mistake!! Like this photo below, he actually dismantled the microphone, and this incident was not the first time he did it!!! Is this one of his 4D personality attack??

There's another incident in China when he was still with his group doing the same messing up with the microphone on stage while the media and his fans are in front of him, then he said he was just looking at the microphone just to see what they use in China!! Then again he did it during a press conference, it's the microphone that Hyun Joong has always been curious about, and I think he does it every where!! LOL

kim-hyun-joong-5331.jpg

khjfixingmike.jpg

I wrote an article titled "Darling of the Press", and indeed Hyun Joong is loved by the press people from home and overseas, for what he is in reality, in unvarnished personality that rarely be found in other top celeb. Even the media is being drawn to Hyun Joong, nowadays you'll see his photos in many prestigious glossy magazines and in newspaper both at home and other foreign countries.

Kim Hyun Joong is blessed with a very handsome physique, that anyone can be captured at first sight. If not, he'll just be around you lingering in your mind, until you hear a lot of his stories, and the more you get to know him, the more you'll get close to him, until such time you get addicted to him. Most of Hyun Joong fans may have different stories to tell on how they met Kim Hyun Joong, but there's one common ground among them, they get addicted to him, including myself!!

Ms Agent P is one lucky girl to have experienced a moment with Kim Hyun Joong, even she was just standing there observing the movements of Hyun Joong and his fans, that she herself was not even a fan of his, but indeed, Hyun Joong left her a good impression about him. And I truly appreciate Agent P's effort though it was torturous experience, had shared that moment with her readers, specially to Kim Hyun Joong fans!!

I for one, while reading her blog, it feels as if I was actually there with her sharing her funny ordeal of long hours of waiting for Hyun Joong!! But for every fan who were there, it must be a great joy and unforgettable experience to be cherished. Fans from the Philippines is still looking forward for his return back to Manila for the third time around! And every visit shall always be remembered by his fans, the media, and other local celeb who were mesmerized by Kim Hyun Joong. Even our local celebrities became his fans as described him as a real Prince!!

dsc_0786.jpg

I asked Agent P if she has decided to be a fan of Kim Hyun Joong. Then she said, if I'll be fan of any Kpop idol, I might not able to criticize them!! She said she's lucky for not being a fan of Kim Hyun Joong. I was wondering why she said it, then suddenly the word ADDICT popped into my mind and smiled. A magic net of Kim Hyun Joong cast to anyone who might be caught may surely find it hard to get away from the spell of being addicted to the Alien Prince himself!!

There are times in our lives, an unexpected moment happened that leaves a simple memory that in the future you wouldn't know you'll come across the same person as how you remembered him the first encounter you had. I did not recognize Hyun Joong when I first saw him, all I can remember was his kindness to his production staffs. And after two years, here I am writing about him with the humble confidence how great our Prince is and by just being himself as a star artist and as person in reality.

I can only admit to myself I was caught by the magic net too just like anyone else among his fans. Do I regret it? Not a single moment did I regret knowing Kim Hyun Joong as a person. A great inspiration for I found more about myself and have seen what I seem to ignore around me in my past. Is he my mentor? No doubt as he push me here in front of you to tell you more about him, that is so irritable that I can only smile with joy writing about him as I bring him to you!!

An encounter with the Alien Prince Kim Hyun Joong, may just be in a glimpse, but his smile will always remain in our hearts. That's the magic of Kim Hyun Joong....

LazerKim here writing

Photo credits as tagged, Ms.D, thanks!   Agent P Headquarters thanks!

f234f388e1a7dbda0d24443.jpg

id="watch-headline-title"(HD)★SS501★KIM HYUN JOONG★ (Eng Sub) LoVe ♥*¨*♪
uploader and englisg translation:Jackiek606 id="watch-headline-title"I love this song so much, I can't get tired of this song, it's part of my fave playlist on my phone 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=36Fb-yJvhCE&feature=colike

id="watch-headline-title" style="font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; line-height: 1.1363em; margin: 0px 0px 5px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; height: 1.1363em; max-height: 1.1363em; overflow: hidden; "[videoS] HAPTIC ANYCALL MISSION
UPLOADER: CRAZY4HYUN

Credit: catseyes + doggiexbunnie (Translators) becky823 (timer/encoder) Snowsakura + catseyes (Spotcheckers)

id="watch-headline-title" style="font-family: arial, sans-serif; line-height: 1.1363em; font-size: 1.8333em; margin: 0px 0px 5px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; height: 1.1363em; max-height: 1.1363em; overflow: hidden; "HAPTIC Ep 1 Full

id="watch-headline-title" style="font-weight: normal; font-size: 10pt; font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; line-height: 1.1363em; margin: 0px 0px 5px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; height: 1.1363em; max-height: 1.1363em; overflow: hidden; "Haptic Ep 2 Full.wmv

id="watch-headline-title" style="margin: 0px 0px 5px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; height: 1.1363em; max-height: 1.1363em; line-height: 1.1363em; overflow: hidden; font-family: arial, sans-serif; "Haptic Ep 3 Hardsubbed.wmv

id="watch-headline-title" style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; font-size: 10pt; "Haptic ep 4 HARDSUB.wmv

id="watch-headline-title" style="font-weight: normal; font-size: 10pt; "
id="watch-headline-title" style="font-size: 10pt; "Haptic Ep 5 full hardsubbed.wmv

id="watch-headline-title" style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; font-size: 10pt; "Haptic Ep 6 Hardsubbed.wmv

id="watch-headline-title" style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; line-height: normal; "Haptic ep 7 HARD SUB full.wmv

class="yiv541245550post-title" style="font-size: 20px; margin: 0px; "
Kim Hyun Joong… [article] WORK PASSION

by LazerKim

120519_eb8c80eba78ced8cacebb08b_512-630x

By: LazerKim            

In 2010 when Kim Hyun Joong moved in to his new agent KeyEast his first project was his come back drama Playful Kiss and during the period this drama was in the process of filming, he had a video interview titled First Love. Hyun Joong talks about himself and his complex traits that had caught my attention or might have missed some parts of getting to know him better.

We still do not have updates about him, so might as well read straight from him and know more about the Kim Hyun Joong. Some of you might have watched his interviews specially this particular one First Love Bali, taken in 2010 when he just moved to KeyEast, I think this was his first video interview made for his Japanese fans. But nevertheless let's talk about some portions from the interview and for the new fans, here another chance of getting to know the guy. This first portion had caught my attention as Hyun Joong stated: 

Many fans say that my eyes are charming, I'm not sure if they say seriously or as a joke.  Anyway they say shinning stars glitter in my eyes. I have complex in terms of everything I tend to be overly worried when next schedule is not fixed. I can not speak well in front of many people and I am shy in front of unknown person. These are my complex.

However I can change my inferiority complex. I have some gray hair. The fact that in my age I must dye my hair that stressed me. When in concerts after completing make-up, hair-do and costume I see myself in the mirror right before I went to stages, I used to think I am handsome.

120519_eb8c80eba78ced8cacebb08b_582-630x

LazerKim View Point:

First and foremost what caught my attention in this interview is the fact that Hyun Joong has natural gray hair which I believe is hereditary, it runs from the family. So this explains why he has to frequently change the color of his hair. Honestly, for a change I would like to see him in salt and pepper natural hair color! Richard Gere, a Hollywood star look so handsome in his natural salt and pepper hair color. It adds zest and sex appeal in his manliness for whatever reason, he looks handsome in it!! I'm just curious how it would appear to Hyun Joong to have his natural hair color, which I think we have not seen in him!

I think Hyun Joong doesn't know that he has such a beautiful pair of eyes that sparks specially whenever he smiles. I like the way he talks, even i could not understand what he's talking about but I like the tone of his voice. Most of all, I like it whenever he commits a mistake, i like the expression in his face and whenever he laugh, the guy is just something! his eyes laughs with him too! I like it whenever he plays with his lips like his mannerism making such expression with his lips!! Oh yes whenever he's shy, he blush like a child and his eyes simply twinkles!!

Hyun Joog was saying he is quite shy to speak in front of people who are strangers to him.  The video interview was taken in 2010, and as I have we have watched series of his interviews from that time on, we can see his consistent candid honesty in his every interviews. Although I can see the difference somehow in terms of confidence in Hyun Joong. Yes it's not easy to be in front of different media personnel who are totally strangers to Hyun Joong specially whenever he goes overseas.

Strange language, strange place, strange people, it's a total stress for someone who is a star to be interviewed in front of the media. But as time goes by Hyun Joong starts to develop that confidence. And to add up, being himself made it even easier for his to face these strangers. I would say the only difference with his interviews back home and overseas of course, back home he is quite comfortable that he always joke around during interviews unlike to being interviewed by foreigners of cause. But let's not forget, back home he also had the chance to be as guest emcee of some shows or event and he did great as a guest emcee on those events.

421579507-1.jpg

Hyun Joong talks about his complex traits and one of those gave me the impression of a worrier! I can see myself again! A worrier specially in his work I may be considered to be having a well-organized work pattern that he strictly follows. I remember in watching him from his documentary, as he started to take charge of his fan meeting production, that every single details in this project, he personally handles, even the souvenirs details to be given to his fans was within his approval. Hyun Joong is a perfectionist by nature and wouldn't take anything pertaining to his work for granted.

From the technical aspect in the production down to the smallest details connecting himself with his fans, these are all important to Kim Hyun Joong, that he is 100% hands on to any of his projects. I would say a rare concern and passion for a star like himself but he does it. If you remember in his documentary there was a scene in his hotel suite at the middle of the night he was still pre-occupied, holding in his hand the show sequence for the following day at Yokohama arena, just checking out details on how the concert should run down.

I may say this is unusual for a star artist, because he has more than a dozen production staffs to worry about those details and yet here he was at the middle of the night, needless to say the obvious Hyun  Joong is worrying about his work and making sure everything is place before the concert. What a passion this guy got!! He must be very excited to spend sleepless nights, since Yokohama was his first concert this year held in Japan! This may be normal to any artist but his passion with his work is just remarkable!

421578542.jpg

I'm sure we have seen some video clips during his studio rehearsals and his technical rehearsals done on actual stage a day before his performance. What Hyun Joong has in this production is just a stage set director who takes care of the stage lights, lasers, and technical sounds. The rest it's Hyun Joong call! Prior to the actual performance, a dress technical rehearsal takes place, it's like the actual performance without the audience. This rehearsals shall be video recorded, after which, Hyun Joong and his set designer check out on the stage lights which is computerized and make the necessary changes.

Preparation for a two-hour concert takes months and a lot of hard work on the part of Hyun Joong since he'll be doing the concert by himself. He may have a group of back up pro dancers but they are just there to fill in the huge stage. But basically it's only Hyun Joong who take control of the entire concert and takes control of a huge audience which is most capable of doing so. Every time I watch his rehearsal video clips and these pictures taken during his rehearsals, I can feel his fatigue, and can't help ask myself, is this how it is to be a fan, that one can develop certain attachment to someone who barely know me or any of his fans.

And yet we worry about him, we do feel how much we care for him and maybe to a certain extent as to wishing to see how he is during his rehearsals and bring him even just a bottle of water or energy drink!! At times I do have that certain thoughts just like a friend whom we care about. Then I would just think, Hyun Joong is happy with what he is doing, that no matter how physically stannous it might be, his work is his life, it is where he belongs and it where his dreams are. Other than the fact that he does his work having his fans as his inspiration and his ultimate strength in moving forward.

120519_eb8c80eba78ced8cacebb08b_262-630x

Update news on Military Enlisting: 

My apology if I may interrupt your reading about the topic, but while I am writing this article, a news update from twitter just came in not concerning about Hyun Joong though. Leeteuk leader of Super Junior and my favorite among the members was enlisted and shall enter the military gates next month. Oh my God, times like this when we barely hear from Hyun Joong and reading news like this from other celeb just pushes me to be reminded about Hyun Joong's future!! Why does it feels like an ordeal for me that every time I read news about other celeb get enlisted to the military training!!

Now I'm getting worried, because all I know Korean government shall make that protocol or shall oblige, whatever you call it, when men reaches the age 30yrs old to be enlisted. But I seem to notice these young celebrities are getting enlisted without turning 30yrs old yet. I was made to believe the celebs are doing it voluntarily to be enlisted, am I right? If not then what if the government just call on Hyun Joong at this young age of his? I honestly hope I was right to believe in accordance to the Korean law pertaining to the mandatory military training as men submit themselves when they reach the age 30yrs old.

Although Leeteuk turned 29yrs old last July this year, he still has one year to go before he can get enlisted. I'm not a fan of Leeteuk but maybe I just feel sad by the thoughts what if it's Hyun Joong's turn to get enlisted? My apology but no matter how I try to divert my mind to this article's topic, I just kept getting to this direction about military enlistment! Oh my!! Hyun Joong still has a lot of plans lay out before he gets to the gates of the military camp! Why do I always have this thoughts whenever he's in his cocoon! I remember sometime in March, this was also the talks at the twitter until I even wrote an article about this!!

62f0c337acaf2edd7c6581a08d1001e93b0193da

It's funny a fan asked me, what should we do when the time comes Hyun Joong has to get in to his training, I can't help but feel sad just by the thought of it!! And whenever some fans would mention the word military training, for some reasons my mind just run wild with playing imaginations that I would put up a tent within the vicinity of the military camp bring with me some gadget like a telescope, a radar system and of course Baygon spray, or insect repellant!! Bring a laptop with me of course, so that I can still write articles about the guy and his military life inside the camp!! Gosh!! I can't just imagine a life without Kim Hyun Joong!! Where is he by the way!! LOL

Oh well, this won't happen at least not until after three year and a half, and Hyun Joong had planned his career future before we can see him off to the military gates!! And so I'll be off too, to build my tent, close down my desk top computer and bring a laptop with me and get myself settled outside the camp!!. For those who would like to join me in my tent, you are welcome to join me!! Oh please bring your own food and don't forget, Baygon!! Hey wake up!! It's just a nightmare, Kim Hyun Joong is just around, he's not going anywhere yet!!

This is all I have for today, and what a way to end this article!! LOL... nightmare!! Well for a change just to break the ice of boredom!! At this time Kim Hyun Joong must be at the shooting location site, wherever he may be, work is always his priority in life.

Having a high degree of determination, dedication and Work Passion, there is no doubt Kim Hyun Joong deserves to be up to the top of stardom...

LazerKim here writing

Photo credits as tagged, Ms.D, thanks!!

rehearsal34.jpg

id="watch-headline-title" style="margin: 0px 0px 5px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-size: 1.8333em; height: 1.1363em; max-height: 1.1363em; line-height: 1.1363em; overflow: hidden; font-family: arial, sans-serif; "[20110916] Kim Hyun Joong at Shenzhen Perfect Concert

Published on Sep 13, 2012 by trytruyrn

cre: http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/lkeh46PrXrw

[PHOTO] KIM HYUN JOONG SIGHTING @ JAKSAL RESTAURANT ISU
Credits from: @Harukhj; @pink_floccus; @lyn0522;推特harukhj
현중이의 하루@harukhj tweeted :- that Hyun Joong Oppa was seen helping out with the dishes for at least 20 minutes @Jaksal Chicken Restaurant ....
OH HJ YOU'RE SUCH A SWEET AND THOUGHTFUL GUY, ABOVE ALL SUCH A HUMBLE PERSON. from all the information I gather here it is, some fans went to Jaksal Chicken Restaurant in Isu and spotted our Kim Hyun Joong washing the dishes for like 20 minutes in the kitchen and wearing pink gloves  which so cute...kekeke!When he learned that many of his fans are waiting for him, He came out afterwards to greet his fans and even signed autographs for them^^...Anyway, how many other celebrities would still wash dishes nowadays?...That was really sweet of him and it speaks a lot about his character...that even if he's already a hallyu star, he remains the humble and thoughtful person he is truly no star complex, that's why we all love him so much...He's truly beautiful inside and out ♥♥♥He is someone we should emulate, I wouldn't idolize someone who could not do menial work just because he is so famous already, I'm glad I am his fan.

credit as tagged:
564243_440812329298659_778207717_n.jpg

318420_280422445406917_272936279_n.jpg
603272_343686695724490_1365146231_n.jpg
539554_343686732391153_1634629868_n.jpg
227811_343686769057816_2134297432_n.jpg
183327_343690005724159_1386207501_n.jpg@howlovelylala:
-HJ washed dishes for 20 mins at Jaksal wearing pink rubber gloves.

557338_368340486574729_1729173295_n.jpg
304417_343696565723503_1793135220_n.jpg
Tweets from:
@n_h_0_4: 
- Korean fans went to Jaksal Isu and met HJ...he was washing dishes for 20min before he came out to greet and sign for fans”

557218_343686745724485_619036982_n.jpg561140_343696479056845_507741488_n.jpg
470861_343696499056843_1104963334_o.jpg
386288_343699979056495_1921281563_n.jpg
307866_343772552382571_2039256160_n.jpg

class="entry-title" style="border: 0px; font-family: inherit; font-size: 36px; font-style: inherit; margin: 0px; outline: 0px; padding: 15px 0px 0.3em; vertical-align: baseline; clear: both; line-height: 48px; "Kim Hyun Joong… [article] MOST POPULARPosted on September 15, 2012

395358_324519207644144_1997150429_n.jpg?

By: LazerKim          

At last! Kim Hyun Joong was spotted at the Jaksal Restaurant washing the dishes, for the new fans who may not have know as yet, Hyun Joong is the CEO of this chain restaurant. And here he goes washing the dishes, I would assume the restaurant must be busy and he took the initiative to help his staffs. It somehow gives me the impression he took a break from City Conquest  shooting which I’m glad if he did. An owner of a chain restaurant has no shame to help his own staff as he humbles himself to be at the back door and work. That’s Kim Hyun Joong!! A Kpop Solo Star tagged as the hottest idol and most popular.

1ghta-1ln-1.jpg?w=584&h=584

A fan emailed me, shared a write-up and requested for my point of view.  I actually wrote an article pertaining to Kpop idols in general which talks about lip sync. This time it’s still about Kpop in general talks about talent versus popularity. As we are all aware the growing global popularity of Kpop music and idols or the Hallyu stars that can not be denied no matter how one can keep it from the public eye, that the fact Hallyu stars are becoming globally competitive.

But what makes these Korean stars, their music and dramas to be popular in this present generation? In my other article I mentioned about the changing time and trend in the show production and the showbiz industry particularly the Korean showbiz. I admit, I’m very much impress on how Korean agents groom and promote their managing artists. And this is their basic role in producing new artists or even the experienced artists who are already at the lime light, aside from providing project contracts to their artists.

As an agent there are definite criteria in choosing their managing artists as first timers, first is beauty, second talent, third personality character, forth formal talent training, educational background (not necessarily college graduate). These are the most important criteria, and as you notice, beauty comes first, and this is reality in every artist agency whether we accept it or not. Although there are special cases for artist who have superb talents. May I just clarify that this is the current trend of this generation.

546177_324519540977444_1001859965_n.jpg?

In the past years maybe times when your mom and dad were still dating, artist’s talent matters the most, in fact in-born talents were on trend in talent scouting followed by the artist’s outlook. Like for instance the legendary Michael Jackson who grew up with that in-born talent which unfortunately became obsessed by his looks as he matured. In the past generations, recording artists were the famous ones. The artists releases their recorded albums or singles before they are being shown to the public. For me it’s like a way of testing the water.

I’m not saying they were less competitive or less experienced since they do perform in small pubs, and nightclubs before they hit the recording studios. During those times in rating an artists, talent was the priority in choosing, if the artist has the beauty then he or she has the edge. As time goes by, the trend was slowly changing. Oh I remember, Madonna who is another legend, during her time there were better artists with superb talent than she had and Madonna doesn’t have that much caliber when she started but until at this time she’s still famous! What she had was a blonde beauty.

Another classic example is the famous of all time Marilyn Monroe. It was said she could barely act nor sing but she has the beauty of a goddess that made her famous among the female Hollywood stars. Unfortunately, she passed away during her peak and was not able to have the chance to develop her talent further. These classic facts are just example that shows even in the past generation, the physical aspect of an artist can bring him or her in the lime light towards the stardom. Madonna improved a lot in her singing and acing ability as she matures that made her stay on top of the stardom.

597725637.jpg?w=600&h=676

And so in bringing this classic facts of the past generation, it shows that beauty can even conquer more popularity than talent. Simple because talent can be acquired and develop in time. Saying the Kpop artists are just visual artists, fine, but what’s new? Even in the past generation we already had it in Hollywood, which dominates the showbiz industries worldwide. Because in reality, what we see is what we first appreciate and this is humanly normal. I may say jokingly, it’s easier to develop talent than fixing the physiques of a person that can be a health risk and personal attitude which is the hardest to change!!

There are a lot of talent schools in any country I believe, where artists can be developed therefore talent in dancing, singing, acting, ect. can be acquired and that is a reality. Artist Agents do hire singing trainers, acting coaches, dance instructors, and choreographers to train and develop their artists. In South Korea, agents allot at least two years of rigid training, grooming for their artists and that’s their job. Nowadays, in choosing artist, the agents lean on beauty comes first or if not the artist’s stage appeal or the X factor being a performer.

I read about the history of Rain, he is indeed very talented and admitted he struggled when he started in his career simply because he doesn’t have that looks. He did not rely on immediate remedy on his looks, he stayed as he was and eventually made it to the lime light. Actually Rain is not that bad looking, that’s why I was wondering why he said he had a hard time in getting to his first agent because of his looks. He may not have that angelic face but he has that strong appeal that one can not disregard or ignore. He is so manly sexy I just like the way he carries himself, and he’s very modest apart from his physique that I like from him as an artist and as person in reality.

597726111.jpg?w=600&h=800

Hyun Joong had an opposite experience from Rain though, so this is a totally contrast, as Hyun Joong was accepted by DSP his previous agent before he can sing or play his guitar. On different opposite situation, both stars from different generation made it to stardom. The shows and concerts that the Kpop idols performs is the result of innovated production where we can watch these stars singing at the same time dancing to their own music produced which I truly appreciate regardless of their looks. But the entire show package as I watch their concerts and honestly I was surprised by their ability to sing and dance at the same time and most of all the music Kpop produced, regardless of the language, Korean pop music indeed is weel accepted in the global market.

Someone from Korea said, Kpop idols are not as popular as they seem to be among the local Koreans!! I was surprised by the remark, although this I consider it hearsay, of course to see is to believe and so what are those video clips of concerts performed by different idols attended by a huge crowd that we watch at YouTube, if this someone is trying to contradict what we see with our own eyes. But I honestly careless whether my idol is popular in Korea his home country or not. . I don’t even care if he’s popular or not because I did not decide to follow my idol just because he is popular but because I like him as an artist and as a person and so far nothing had changed my mind about him.

With what I have read, I believe that Hallyu Stars which I think the Kpop stars are included are made for global entertainment. As Bae Yong Joon the pioneer Hallyu star stated “Spread the beauty of Korea”. Korean artists, their dramas and music are a part of the Korean beauty to be known in the global entertainment industry. This is the goal of every hallyu star as I understand.

Before I followed Kim Hyun Joong, I had a long list of favorites both the Hallyu and the Hollywood including his boss Bae Yong Joon. I collect DVDs at first, and some Korean music which I’m not sure if the singer of the Korean music I collected are popular. I just like those music which are from OST too. I have those from 2004 since the time I have watched Winter Sonata, which was the first Kdrama I have ever watched. After seven years of doing this, I found Kim Hyun Joong and it was ONLY him that I decided to follow one definite star. The more I researched about him the more I was convinced that I am indeed following a deserving artist.

597689200.jpg?w=600&h=722

I think I have seen enough in the world of showbiz before I finally landed in the world of Kim Hyun Joong. But why him? Is it because of his popularity? Well, I have seen him first in 2009 that I didn’t even know anything about him, in 2011 when I started following him was only then that I knew he was already popular. Being in this profession, an artist, I should be perfect in my judgement having the knowledge as an artist. But knowing Kim Hyun Joong, I came to realize that it’s not only having perfectly superb talent that matters to be loved by millions.

As that someone from Korea said, there are many Koreans far better than the Kpop idols. But my question is, how come those artists could not make it to the music chart? My apology if we have different views, but we can not ignore the music chart or music billboard as the gauge in weighing how far an album is selling. These are facts, records and not just hearsay. Just take it from the Oricon music chart which is becoming familiar to everyone until at this time Hyun Joong’s Heat is still delivering good revenue results.

Oh the anti Kpop could say, it’s only the fans of these idols who patronize those albums. Precisely, but how can one explain the growing numbers of fans who are patronizing their album?? Isn’t it they came from being a non-fan and eventually focus on one single group or idol to follow? We all started as non-fan of Hyun Joong until such time we have watched him from his dramas, TV shows, and listened to his music before we end up addicted to him. And this is likely to happen on his future fans to be, and I bet you it’s growing in numbers.

597726809.jpg?w=600&h=728

And so for those anti Kim Hyun Joong and anti-Kpop, I think it is rather late to discredit their ability and their popularity. Criticizing and insulting these artists and I mean all of them without exception is just the same as criticizing and insulting their respective fans who are their great supporters. We all have different taste and our individual choice of favorite artists and their music.

Yes, it is right to give chances to those talented artists who are not popular, then their agents has to work on with their promoting schemes and as I have mentioned in my other articles that advertising, promoting plays a very important role in every artist. The public has to be well-informed of their artists existence by providing workable projects. And if this was being done and yet does not sell out to boost their popularity, then where could be the problem lies? Is it not from the artist himself? That we do not know!!

What could be the factors that made these Kpop idols popular? There many factors to name it. Although at this point I can only speak for myself on what I like about Kim Hyun Joong since he’s the only star that followed. In my honest opinion, it’s his good looks, stage appeal, his multiple talents, his being a total performer, over all personality, and personal attitude. If we’re being attracted to an artist for the first time, be it starting from his looks or his talent I still consider his personal attitude as vital too. Watching him through concerts or drama, we start to appreciate his looks and talent. Then we may get a bit further and search for him and find out who he is. This I think can be a gauge whether we stay or stray as his fan.

img_2114.jpg?w=584&h=876

Kim Hyun Joong was able to maintain his veteran fans from the time before he joined his group SS501 until at present. What made his veteran fans stayed with him all these years? They never strayed, and they remained loyal to him in supporting, protecting and caring for him. Whoever knows him much better than anyone apparently it’s his veteran fans who does. If Hyun Joong has a bad personal attitude I don’t think these people would stay longer. But evidently, they are still with him all these years that can perceive Hyun Joong’s good personal reputation.

I have learned a lot from following Kim Hyun Joong and share what I have learned to the new fans. I have realized it’s more than talent and good looks that makes an artist popular and to stay being popular for long period of time. It’s the totality of being an artist and being a person whom his fans can look up to him. I’m so proud to say I made the right choice whom to follow and support.

We are the proud fans of Kim Hyun Joong who has everything that takes to be star and being globally popular that he is more than deserving to be the brightest star, yet humble as ever….

LazerKim here writing

Photo credits as tagged, Ms.D, thanks!

6561191361.jpg?w=600&h=480

656118364.jpg?w=600&h=640