[drama 2009] Three Brothers / Suspicious Three Brothers 수상한 삼형&#5

Guest C51236

I am watching ep 66 and I cant stop bawling when I see the dad helping at Umi's house. OMG This is so heart wrenching knowing that he died. Sob! :o

False alarm, wild imagination given by the 1st son who brought his mother to a columbrarium to watch the grieving of a loved one and that could happen to his father so the mother started to imagine that it may happen to her husband's death. This is the only solution to make her repent to forgive her husband and stop blaming n nag at him. Meanwhile, the old man earlier after heated quarrel left for the mountain and has not returned causing panic among the family esp the old woman. Dont think the old man will die but it will teach the old woman a lesson not to take her hubby for granted.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest prettypat

Oh no! I am in tears as we speak. Seriously. The father was such a wonderful character. Sob! :( I need a box of tissues. More sob! Yikes!

False alarm, wild imagination given by the 1st son who brought his mother to a columbrarium to watch the grieving of a loved one and that could happen to his father so the mother started to imagine that it may happen to her husband's death. This is the only solution to make her repent to forgive her husband and stop blaming n nag at him. Meanwhile, the old man earlier after heated quarrel left for the mountain and has not returned causing panic among the family esp the old woman. Dont think the old man will die but it will teach the old woman a lesson not to take her hubby for granted.

Whew! What a relief! :D Thanks Halo! :)

Guest jus me

Must have died of heart attack as his wife has been nagging him non-stop until he has a phobia of going home and one night he landed at Umi's home.

just read your last comment. phew...he's not dead.

Guest sema608

Oh my God. The father is the most reasonable character on that show. Thank God. I can calm down now. As for Isang and EY, I'm so happy they reunited. They are the only reason I even watch this drama. If they break up in the last episode, I'm going to be pissed and will give up watching.

We're on episode 37 which starts in 30 minutes and I hate what I see. Isang is not the same guy anymore. Is it the chase? EY needs to compromise but I see her point. The world doesn't revolve around the MIL. EY's right in that her father is left alone. If I were her, I'd stay with my dad, too. I get Isang wants to smooth things out between his mother and EY but he ONLY realizes his mistake after being called out. He didn't bother discussing children with EY, went directly over to his mother despite EY's wish, and now this.

My bubble's bursting. I thought EY was cruel in the beginning but now the roles are swapping. It looks like I'm going to be furious with Isang from here through episode 61. *sigh* Oh and can that female prosecutor just leave already? Makes me wish the male prosecutor stayed. Isang's taken, yet she's drooling all over him. Please tell me Isang didn't cheat on EY or regret marrying her. Speaking of marriage, Isang and EY got married too quickly. She was in a 5 year relationship that ended badly. All of a sudden she marries her BF. This is why they are fighting all the time. They needed to get to know each other better. Oh and I'm assuming IS and EY consumated their marriage after they resolved the issue of having children.

As for Umi and Hyenchal (sp?), she should leave him. He probably thinks there's nothing between him and YH but he's leading her on and she's reciprocating. Look how jealous YH got thinking about Umi's night with him. Seeing how HC and Umi make up in the recaps provided, I'm guessing YH's witchy ways come out. I just wonder why Umi would give him another chance after so many years apart? It's like she's settling. BTW, how did HC and Umi even date in the first place?

What else....oh I feel bad for the eldest DIL. I hated her for making Umi get in trouble but I feel for her now. The MIL is a richard simmons to her son and she's trying to be a good wife. I hope the ex-hubby doesn't reunite with her. As for the MIL...when is she going to change? Not soon enough, I guess.

Will this drama be on dvd? How can we purchase? I really want to buy this one and "Happiness in the Wind / A Good Day When the Wind Blows".

With 4 more episodes to go, I am anticipating a very good ending. This drama is typically Korean culture where disciplines and respect for the elders are important issues resulting in Koreans being very filial to their parents inspite of verbal fights, hatred, anger, disagreements etc. and at the end of the day they make up and get along with each others' nerves and survive happily under one big family.

Last episode was rather trying for the whole family, their parents went separate ways with the father refusing to return home to face his nagging wife and stayed at 2nd son's house. All the sons and wives tried to reconcile the old couple by arranging a meet-up at a Karaoke to be backfired when they forced the father to return home but it didnt improve & the old man left for a walk up the mountains causing pandemonium among the whole family worrying to death. Old lady is going berserk and crying her heart out to search for her husband. The old man must be secluded and having some peace up the mountain whilst waiting for the heavy storm with thunder & lightning to stop.

EY has problems conceiving and the stepmom accidentally found out and brewed special medicines for her to drink. EY desperately trying for a baby and through her stepmom, she may have succeeded. EY/IS marriage is getting better and it was through her sister who told her off that she is very selfish and stubborn.

Umi moved into a new home and her husband got back his sauna business, after winning the case against the evil Chief through the couple collaboration to play her out.

Eldest son's wife expecting twins and his junk yard business has improved.

Two more weekends to the final, should be gearing towards happy ending. :D

Guest sema608

Wow, Halo21. You give me hope now. I'm glad someone got through to EY and I'm even happier that Umi won. Let's see how I feel about HC then. I'll have to go back through the pages to figure out what exactly Chief Tae wanted. I thought it was Umi's husband, but I guess I was wrong.

Watching episode 37 now and I love how Isang got jealous at the thought of younger men making passes at EY. Of course, EY is worried. Sometimes I think IS is smart and other times so dense. Nothing malicious happened but EY should keep an eye open. IS/EY could have lead to Umi/HC's status and eventually the eldest son's. Good thing they made up. I feel like I'm watching the phases of marriage life and separation.

BTW, is Buyeong just a spoiled brat? She's gotten it easy as far as I'm concerned. EDIT: Oh gawd, he's going to marry BY? That's taking responsibility? *sigh*

Another edit: Watching live - good Lord. That homewrecker finally admitted she wants HC. ARGGGHH! HC better not have the affair. *grrr*

Yeah as frustrated as I am over a few things in this drama, I want it on dvd. lol

Guest prettypat

Oh my God. The father is the most reasonable character on that show. Thank God. I can calm down now. As for Isang and EY, I'm so happy they reunited. They are the only reason I even watch this drama. If they break up in the last episode, I'm going to be pissed and will give up watching.

We're on episode 37 which starts in 30 minutes and I hate what I see. Isang is not the same guy anymore. Is it the chase? EY needs to compromise but I see her point. The world doesn't revolve around the MIL. EY's right in that her father is left alone. If I were her, I'd stay with my dad, too. I get Isang wants to smooth things out between his mother and EY but he ONLY realizes his mistake after being called out. He didn't bother discussing children with EY, went directly over to his mother despite EY's wish, and now this.

My bubble's bursting. I thought EY was cruel in the beginning but now the roles are swapping. It looks like I'm going to be furious with Isang from here through episode 61. *sigh* Oh and can that female prosecutor just leave already? Makes me wish the male prosecutor stayed. Isang's taken, yet she's drooling all over him. Please tell me Isang didn't cheat on EY or regret marrying her. Speaking of marriage, Isang and EY got married too quickly. She was in a 5 year relationship that ended badly. All of a sudden she marries her BF. This is why they are fighting all the time. They needed to get to know each other better. Oh and I'm assuming IS and EY consumated their marriage after they resolved the issue of having children.

As for Umi and Hyenchal (sp?), she should leave him. He probably thinks there's nothing between him and YH but he's leading her on and she's reciprocating. Look how jealous YH got thinking about Umi's night with him. Seeing how HC and Umi make up in the recaps provided, I'm guessing YH's witchy ways come out. I just wonder why Umi would give him another chance after so many years apart? It's like she's settling. BTW, how did HC and Umi even date in the first place?

What else....oh I feel bad for the eldest DIL. I hated her for making Umi get in trouble but I feel for her now. The MIL is a richard simmons to her son and she's trying to be a good wife. I hope the ex-hubby doesn't reunite with her. As for the MIL...when is she going to change? Not soon enough, I guess.

Will this drama be on dvd? How can we purchase? I really want to buy this one and "Happiness in the Wind / A Good Day When the Wind Blows".

Sema, let not you heart be troubled, we will get our Isang back :D . Qh yeah! and Miss EY is she a sexy wife or what! :P Remember that dance she did at the club in Episode 3, you just wait. IS is a very lucky man! :D Go Ey, you are my gal :D

I take back every mean thing I ever said about IS. Sorry! ;)

BTW, the reconciliation took place because he finally realized with the help of his dad what a wonderful woman he married! :D Go pops, you are the best!

Guest sema608

I saved that dance episode. HAHAHAHA! IS was a goner. I'm a female and I was entranced. lol. See this is why I love the father. IS should know better. He fought so hard for EY and all of a sudden he had doubts. Always stick to your gut feeling!

I'll see if I can upload that scene or just IS/EY's scenes w/ english translations. I can't promise. Vista hates so many things. *sigh*

Yep and with lots of cute new babies too. :) Only tears of joy now please! :unsure:

Please do not extend this drama beyond the 70 episodes. I will be a nervous wreck and bald by then. :lol:

P.S. Did any one else notice that the actor who plays IS suddenly looks older, sad and a little haggard in the face. I hope all is well with him in his real life. B) I have read that 40% of Korean actors are at risk for suicide and depression is common among them. I hope none of this is the case with him.

I've noticed in the later screencaps. Puberty? Manhood? LOL. I hope that's it. Men fill out fast. Ever seen Tom Welling mature from S1 to let's say S5? He's filled out pretty well. :D

Guest zzola1003

i feel so sorry for the FIL, yess he is the most reasonable.level headed and respected in the family and he was punished instantly and severely by the MIL for the mishaps. He has special relationships with all his DIL especially Umi. EY look up for him and find him easier to talk to. CN called him mister Kim .. hehee.

I was soo relieve that it wasn't FIL funeral on eps 66. phewwwwww

the most likeable male character - FIL

the most likeable female character - Umi

the most hatred male character - HC

the most hatred female character - guess who ??? enyone ??? hahahahhaa

Guest prettypat

Did you guys see The Wicked Witch stuffing her face at the soup kitchen.How has the mighty fallen. There is a God!

I know most of you will disagree but my top three most hated characters are the MIL, the Wicked Witch with a close third by Miss Smirky. They were responsible for the most tears and pain in the drama.

My top three favorites in order are EY, EY's dad, IS's dad, (the dads tie) and IS before he got married.

I still haven't found a k drama to beat this one. If there is one please let me know! Thanks.

Guest sema608

LOL, you're kidding. HC's beloved witch at a soup kitchen? HAHAHAHAHA

I've watched Infamous Chill Sisters and YAMD. Don't bother with YAMD. Happiness in the Wind is the more improved version of it. In fact, that drama is perfect. I like 3 Brothers so far.

Guest prettypat

LOL, you're kidding. HC's beloved witch at a soup kitchen? HAHAHAHAHA

I've watched Infamous Chill Sisters and YAMD. Don't bother with YAMD. Happiness in the Wind is the more improved version of it. In fact, that drama is perfect. I like 3 Brothers so far.

Thanks. :D I will check them out. I am now an unabashed, bonifide KDrama addict and I love it. 3Bs was my first and now I am hooked. :rolleyes:

Well well well! isn't this a treat. :P

Two of the guys from IS team were fiercely debating in front of Miss Smirky's dad about which one of them she had the hots for. Even the surly, hitched Sergeant Yu thought it was him. The dad was soooooo embarrassed, he yelled at her and told her to behave more appropriately around the men. :mellow:

She had it coming. Always hanging around with her smirky unprofessional behavior and stuff. Jeez!. We all know who she was hanging around for. A married man who is madly in love with his wifey and is back in her arms where he belongs :D . Sorry lady, yuh get left.

Time for a transfer.Oh yeah! :rolleyes:

I've never liked Cheonan. The only time I felt sorry for her when she was harassed by her thuggish ex-flame. But now, she's back to her old selfish, dishonest self. She had no qualms conning her inlaws of an extra 200 won. Her lame reason - it's her commission for going around to collect the money! I would feel cheated if she wasn't taught a lesson at the end of the drama.

First Reminder on This Thread

(1st Reminder on 3 June 2010)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Please take note of the following from Korean Dramas & Movies Forum Rules

Korean Dramas & Movies Forum Rules

1. All general forum rules apply.

Please read the rules carefully. You will be warned if you are found in violation of any of these rules.

4. Do not quote pictures.

Instead, remove the tags around the link. Quotes do not cou.

%7Boption%7Dhttp://img44.imageshack.us/img44/2788/quoteno1.jpg' alt='quoteno1.jpg'>

5. Do not post consecutively (one after another).

Do not post one picture per post or one quote per post in addition to posting several times in a row to bump your post count or keep a thread on the first page of the forum. Simply edit your previous post in order to reserve resources.

FYI, the image quota for each posting is 50 images per posting.

Guest mekka

I've never liked Cheonan. The only time I felt sorry for her when she was harassed by her thuggish ex-flame. But now, she's back to her old selfish, dishonest self. She had no qualms conning her inlaws of an extra 200 won. Her lame reason - it's her commission for going around to collect the money! I would feel cheated if she wasn't taught a lesson at the end of the drama.

Does anyone like her? Her character has not changed or matured, she is still scamming, even her departed ex made a life's change before leaving not her. Does anyone knows wha's in store for her?

Archived