[drama 2009] Three Brothers / Suspicious Three Brothers 수상한 삼형&#5

Guest C51236

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest pint0

hi pint0 ... which scene and in which ep did EY slapped IS? For what reason? I may have missed it. thanks.

when prosecutor showed IS the love sign witnessed by EY, I think she has indeed crossed the line. Yes, her intention is to be acting cute and she could have resorted to many other ways to cheer your colleague. Plus IS is a married man!! But I later changed my mind when she xplain herself to EY in episod 56. This is what I previously mentioned that EY could be imagining things which doesn't exist, but as a wife I felt EY was just being defensive considering their rocky state of relationship. I like it when prosecutor kept her cool and pointed to EY that IS is a good man and EY should be thankful and happy about it. She wasn't spikeful at all.

Can't say the episode right off the top of my head. Just like I remember she slapped BY twice but I don't recall when exactly. Will check but need time.

People have been posting as if it was a sure thing that IS is a player and would have an affair with the prosecutor. When some of us responded that IS has eyes only for his wife and is a decent straight arrow, two posters kept bringing up the heart sign . That it proves IS is a player and is/will have an affair with the prosecutor! After the second reference to it, and as it had not been aired on KBSW (just aired this weekend past), I skipped all comments on this. So that it would not cloud my judgement of IS. or EY for that matter. So I would have missed your comment that EY could have been imagining it.

I don't think EY should have spoken to the prosecutor about the matter at all. To do so does reflect her insecurity about their marriage - something the prosecutor didn't have to know . She is not the main cause of the couple's problems so EY shouldn't have spoken to her about IS. It makes the prosecutor more important and appear to be more of a threat than she is.

Yes Bookworm, I agree but we do not all see and hear the same things when we consume a piece of art and that is why the forum is fun because we get to read different perspectives and interpretations. Some one wrote on this forum that he/she saw EY pull a gun in the police station. I watched the same scene and I did not see that. People see and hear different things in response to an event or occurance. It is all a matter of perception which is sometimes more powerful than reality. :huh:

Please read bookworm's post on why (s)he mentioned the gun. There was no wrong perception or interpretation but a cheeky attempt to give a taste of medicine!

Guest prettypat

Why does EY keep put on super short skirts before and now super low cut dress? She thinks this is sexy? It is so embarrassing and indecent. For God sake, please stop dressing like that! IS deserves a more decent girl! Or else please leave him!

OMG please give Miss Hissyfit a break! IS met, loved and married her sexy and because she is married why should she not be sexy? Sexy does not equal indecent. A woman can cover up and still be indecent. It is more about her actions with the opposite sex than what she wears. <_< Go EY you are my gal! :D

Guest sondambifan

OMG please give Miss Hissyfit a break! IS met, loved and married her sexy and because she is married why should she not be sexy? Sexy does not equal indecent. A woman can cover up and still be indecent. It is more about her actions with the opposite sex than what she wears. <_< Go EY you are my gal! :D

Agreed! What's wrong with EY being sexy...that is one of the main reasons why IS like her (he was mesmerized after EY's Dambi Chair/Crazy dance :)) She is not being inappropriate or slutty...go look at the Miss USA pageant last night...talk about high slits/short skirts...I don't think most people think those contestants are "indecent".

As for the discussion re prosecutor...I don't think IS is going to cheat but he is naive about what the prosecutor is doing. The heart sign was meant to be fun but it's in appropriate for her to make such a sign to a married co-worker. They are not teenagers...one is a DA and the other is a police officer...they need to act like it.

Guest ahhahha

My personal point of view only, I have no intention to discuss it further. I don't think she is sexy and I do think the way she dresses is kind of indecent! Please don't get me wrong!

Guest prettypat

My personal point of view only, I have no intention to discuss it further. I don't think she is sexy and I do think the way she dresses is kind of indecent! Please don't get me wrong!

Ok! I respect your wish not to discuss this further. Note however: what men and women consider sexy is very different.

Below is a list of what women say are important to them in order of priority

1. Respect.

2. Romance.

3. Time.

4. Dinner.

5. Communication.

6. Consistency.

7. Engagement.

8. Humor and Humility.

9. Challenge.

Compare this to what men say are important to them

1.Honesty

2.Great legs

3.Round richard simmons

4.Sense of humor

5.Native Intelligence

6.Willingness to wear skimpy clothing in public

7.No facial hair

8.Doesn't snore

9.Moral support

Source: Korean Drama Group

Please everyone, this is just for fun so don't take it too seriously. :rolleyes:

Guest b00kw0rm

As for the discussion re prosecutor...I don't think IS is going to cheat but he is naive about what the prosecutor is doing. The heart sign was meant to be fun but it's in appropriate for her to make such a sign to a married co-worker. They are not teenagers...one is a DA and the other is a police officer...they need to act like it.

She said that at that moment she couldn't think of anything else to do to cheer him up. And she did get a laugh out of him. Just like some don't see anything wrong with Miss USA pagent contestants in their high sllits/short skirts, I saw nothing wrong with the heart sign. It is good to see that a DA and a police captain can laugh over something silly and not be uptight as their professional sterotype would portray them to be. So far, I don't see anything to indicate that the prosecutor is going to do something inappropriate. She has a crush on him, regrets that he is married but so far, I don't see any indication that she will take it to the next level. We'll just have to wait and see.

Guest prettypat

She said that at that moment she couldn't think of anything else to do to cheer him up. And she did get a laugh out of him. Just like some don't see anything wrong with Miss USA pagent contestants in their high sllits/short skirts, I saw nothing wrong with the heart sign. It is good to see that a DA and a police captain can laugh over something silly and not be uptight as their professional sterotype would portray them to be. So far, I don't see anything to indicate that the prosecutor is going to do something inappropriate. She has a crush on him, regrets that he is married but so far, I don't see any indication that she will take it to the next level. We'll just have to wait and see.

I would not see anything wrong if I thought that she was just being a friendly coworker and not have an agenda. The first time she met EY in IS office she was abrupt and rude to her when she had no good reason to be besides jealousy. She is sending subtle signals to IS and hopes that he will take the bait. Matang once told IS that Miss Smirky was trying to get close and take advantage of the situation when he was shaky with his girlfriend. EY is aware of what she is doing and that's why the confrontation.I cant stand her character. :angry:

Guest b00kw0rm

I would not see anything wrong if I thought that she was just being a friendly coworker and not have an agenda. The first time she met EY in IS office she was abrupt and rude to her when she had no good reason to be besides jealousy. She is sending subtle signals to IS and hopes that he will take the bait. Matang once told IS that Miss Smirky was trying to get close and take advantage of the situation when he was shaky with his girlfriend. EY is aware of what she is doing and that's why the confrontation.I cant stand her character. :angry:

I don't think she has an agenda. She was and still is jealous of EY but she knows IS is not the cheating type. And Matang told him that if he is committed to EY (at the time when their relationship was rocky), he should make it clear to the prosecutor. Which he did. And you can see from the way Matang and the other policemen behave towards her that they respect her and see nothing untoward in her relationship with IS.

I agree that EY was not thinking straight when she confronted the Prosecutor. She made her appear to be someone important to IS on a personal level. By confonting her, she would know that there's trouble in paradise and if she lacks morals, might think that this is a good time to go after him when he is feeling vulnerable. EY confronted her but she turned the tables on her and made EY look insecure and clingy. Like a real loser. It was silly of EY to confront her when she had more important issues to settle with IS.

The real problem with IS and EY's marriage is EY's uncompromising attitude. If she wants to save her marriage, she needs to take a good hard look at her own selfishness. The prosecutor wouldn't be able to get so close to Isang if they have a strong and happy marriage.

Speaking for myself, if I see my husband's female colleague showing him the heart sign, I'd definitely not like it. Why can't she use the 1001 other ways to cheer him up? Further, she's a prosecutor and Isang's superior,so she should know better than to get involved in her subordinate's personal life and marriage woes. She could put herself in the position of being a third party. Didn't her father kept pushing her to go on blind dates because he thot she was getting too involved with Isang?

Guest pint0

While I don't see anything wrong with the heart sign, I don't much like it too. But I think the purpose is to shake EY and let her know that there is someone just waiting to step in her shoes. I don't think the prosecutor is IS' superior. His superior is the Chief who happens to be the prosecutor's Dad. She got involved in his marital problems because EY confronted her. Before that, they were talking about his Dad and not his marital problems. And she learnt about how upset he was with his Dad's situation from her father. One of the first things she said to IS was that her father was trying to marry her off, long before she even met him. I think that's why she was dissappointed when she found out that EY was IS' girlfriend (at that time). Finally she met a man she was attracted to but he was already taken. From the tone of her Dad's conversation with her about IS, I don't think he is seriously worried that she will make a move on him. He too felt it was a pity that IS was taken as he said he would make a good husband for his daughter and good SIL to him and his wife.

Guest prettypat

While I don't see anything wrong with the heart sign, I don't much like it too. But I think the purpose is to shake EY and let her know that there is someone just waiting to step in her shoes. I don't think the prosecutor is IS' superior. His superior is the Chief who happens to be the prosecutor's Dad. She got involved in his marital problems because EY confronted her. Before that, they were talking about his Dad and not his marital problems. And she learnt about how upset he was with his Dad's situation from her father. One of the first things she said to IS was that her father was trying to marry her off, long before she even met him. I think that's why she was dissappointed when she found out that EY was IS' girlfriend (at that time). Finally she met a man she was attracted to but he was already taken. From the tone of her Dad's conversation with her about IS, I don't think he is seriously worried that she will make a move on him. He too felt it was a pity that IS was taken as he said he would make a good husband for his daughter and good SIL to him and his wife.

That does not give her the right to be rude or abrupt with EY.That behavior signals to me that she is very jealous and its is her way of challenging EY. This is why the writers brought her in. Why challenge a man's wife if you do not have an agenda? If she ever got a any signal from IS she would move in for the kill! :o

Is IS attracted to Miss Smirky? Does she make his "heart burn" like EY? Who says IS would have been interested in Miss Smirky for marriage? She is very different from EY. IS also once said that he did not want his wife to be a police officer implying that he does not want a wife that's involved in the same kind of work he does.

EY acknowledged her faults which she outlined to IS when she decided to date him and asked him if he could handle her. Of all the characters in the drama, I understand EY the most because she does not pretend. She is not a hypocrite and that's why I like her character. :)

Well! Well! Ladies and gentlemen, our arguments are now moot aren't they? Miss Hissyfit has Mr. Jerkweed just where she wants him, back in her arms and her bed. They may have made a baby B) AwwwwwwwwwHHhhh!!! :rolleyes:

I wouldn't fault the prosecutor for giving Isang the comforting love sign gesture had there been no previous attempts to get closer to him. She is fully aware that Isang is vulnerable because of his current emotional distress. She could be misunderstood. In fact I don't find it necessary for both of them having lunch or dinner together for no compelling reason like making up for a rude remark for damaging or is it losing her laptop or making up for a forgotten promise of having a meal together. They can always plan & talk business within the premises of the police station & celebrate a successful operation in the company of the entire team and not by themselves. I'm not saying that Isang should confine himself to EY's presence but the danger of getting into something beyond work & the call of duty is forseeable when one party entertains more than what is necessary ...too dangerous for Isang who seems to be spending more time with his co-workers, that includes the prosecutor, than with his wife.

Guest b00kw0rm

I wouldn't fault the prosecutor for giving Isang the comforting love sign gesture had there been no previous attempts to get closer to him. She is fully aware that Isang is vulnerable because of his current emotional distress. She could be misunderstood. In fact I don't find it necessary for both of them having lunch or dinner together for no compelling reason like making up for a rude remark for damaging or is it losing her laptop or making up for a forgotten promise of having a meal together. They can always plan & talk business within the premises of the police station & celebrate a successful operation in the company of the entire team and not by themselves. I'm not saying that Isang should confine himself to EY's presence but the danger of getting into something beyond work & the call of duty is forseeable when one party entertains more than what is necessary ...too dangerous for Isang who seems to be spending more time with his co-workers, that includes the prosecutor, than with his wife.

That's true. But I don't think it was a "comforting gesture" but more of a joking gesture, meant to get a laugh out of him. In kdramas, people can only meet over lunch or dinner. Usually they meet in a very very empty restaurant, have thier say and leave without so much as having 1 drink. Its only in this show that they have actually had a few meals together :lol: Yes, Prosecutor need not be rude to EY. But EY was also rude to her from the start. From the start, EY saw her as a treat. The laptop problem was so early in the drama and that's also how it is with kdramas - character sees someone he/she fancies and will make a mountain out of molehill just to get to know the other person. Other party is usally too well-mannered to tell the other to use modern technology like email or phone to settle the matter and will give in to pressure to hae a meal. Current state of affairs, I do not think she was aware of IS marital problems a(before EY stupidly confronted her and so clued her in) nd how vulnerable he is. She only knew he was upset about his Dad's problem and as the prosecutor leading the investigation she wanted to offer comfort. How come the police don't have an internal affairs dept to handle this matter, I do not know. While there is danger in seeking comfort from her, I also think it would be equally dangerous to bottle up all those feelings of despair, self-blame without an outlet. It was a lose-lose situation for IS and the prosecutor, Matang and his colleagues, even his FIL understood his despair. It was just a pity that EY could not see beyond her own nose!

Guest 2Van123

Long time no "see" Carmina :lol: I agree with those who say we have to wait and see if the Prosecutor makes a move on IS. She still might since the drama is far from over! If she doesn't then I think her role was to tease viewers and maybe drum up some sympathy for the low-EQ EY!

I disliked EY and the Prosecutor on first sight. But the Prosecutor has improved with subsequent scenes. I am still hoping to see a more likeable EQ.

ahh the prosecutor, i believe will not make any moves. i tend to think in both negative and positive ways. for example the meeting with EY could be motivation for EY to patch back with IS. else the prosecutor might really like IS and is irritated by EY's outbursts thus she said those "cool" words.

personally i think the heart shape that she made wasn't a big impression, i mean IS could laugh to that?! i don't see why he should laugh as she is not making any funny gestures, but since he laughed, maybe he finds it funny. its clear that IS is/or do not have any feelings for the prosecutor. but if i were in EY's shoes and i happen to witness it, of course it calls for some mad fighting with the prosecutor, i mean how dare she show a heart sign to MY hubby? right people?

well i read some reviews that both EY and IS have patched up in the upcoming eps (im backdated by 5 eps), then alls well that ends well.

PS: did anyone notice the little convo with BY & M, about naming their future child as butan rofl :lol: these couple is cute! :P:D

Guest prettypat

ahh the prosecutor, i believe will not make any moves. i tend to think in both negative and positive ways. for example the meeting with EY could be motivation for EY to patch back with IS. else the prosecutor might really like IS and is irritated by EY's outbursts thus she said those "cool" words.

personally i think the heart shape that she made wasn't a big impression, i mean IS could laugh to that?! i don't see why he should laugh as she is not making any funny gestures, but since he laughed, maybe he finds it funny. its clear that IS is/or do not have any feelings for the prosecutor. but if i were in EY's shoes and i happen to witness it, of course it calls for some mad fighting with the prosecutor, i mean how dare she show a heart sign to MY hubby? right people?

well i read some reviews that both EY and IS have patched up in the upcoming eps (im backdated by 5 eps), then alls well that ends well.

PS: did anyone notice the little convo with BY & M, about naming their future child as butan rofl :lol: these couple is cute! :P:D

My sentiments exactly. Why is she always hanging around IS?

The man does not love you and if he ever cheated with you , you would only be his spare tire or a little sumting sumting on the side.

Get a grip and find your own man. :angry:

That's true. But I don't think it was a "comforting gesture" but more of a joking gesture, meant to get a laugh out of him. In kdramas, people can only meet over lunch or dinner. Usually they meet in a very very empty restaurant, have thier say and leave without so much as having 1 drink. Its only in this show that they have actually had a few meals together :lol: Yes, Prosecutor need not be rude to EY. But EY was also rude to her from the start. From the start, EY saw her as a treat. The laptop problem was so early in the drama and that's also how it is with kdramas - character sees someone he/she fancies and will make a mountain out of molehill just to get to know the other person. Other party is usally too well-mannered to tell the other to use modern technology like email or phone to settle the matter and will give in to pressure to hae a meal. Current state of affairs, I do not think she was aware of IS marital problems a(before EY stupidly confronted her and so clued her in) nd how vulnerable he is. She only knew he was upset about his Dad's problem and as the prosecutor leading the investigation she wanted to offer comfort. How come the police don't have an internal affairs dept to handle this matter, I do not know. While there is danger in seeking comfort from her, I also think it would be equally dangerous to bottle up all those feelings of despair, self-blame without an outlet. It was a lose-lose situation for IS and the prosecutor, Matang and his colleagues, even his FIL understood. It was just a pity that EY could not see beyond her own nose!

What despair?. Go home to your wife Mr. Jerkweed.

People! People! Remember poor Umi, how trusting she was of the coworker "friend" who was actually scheming to take her husband? Miss Smirky is most unprofessional giving comfort to a married man she works with and on whom she has a crush.

There is a conflict of interest - duh :huh: .

EY was right to confront her and she now knows that Miss Hissyfit will beat her richard simmons if she tries to take her man. Get it. :o And after she beats her richard simmons she would then divorce the Jerkweed ! And ask for alimony too! Yeah! what do you have to say about that. :lol: What a way to live. :P Go EY you are my gal :rolleyes:

Guest b00kw0rm

What despair?. Go home to your wife Mr. Jerkweed.

People! People! Remember poor Umi, how trusting she was of the coworker "friend" who was actually scheming to take her husband? Miss Smirky is most unprofessional giving comfort to a married man she works with and on whom she has a crush.

There is a conflict of interest - duh :huh: .

EY was right to confront her and she now knows that Miss Hissyfit will beat her richard simmons if she tries to take her man. Get it. :o And after she beats her richard simmons she would then divorce the Jerkweed ! And ask for alimony too! Yeah! what do you have to say about that. :lol: What a way to live. :P Go EY you are my gal :rolleyes:

I disagree that Umi's friend started out trying to snare HC. I agreed with the poster who said how Soli kept harping on it to Umi and Umi in turn kept bringing this up to her friend. Then Soli, Umi, GG's wife, HC's mother - all of them dumping on the friend and she thought that if they want to keep blaming her for something that isn't happening, then she would make it happen. Similarly I think it was also stupid of EY to confront the prosecutor over a silly heart-sign. It made the prosecutor seem an important person in EY-IS relationship. And in the case of a divorce and alimony, with EY earning more, shouldn't that domineering controlling woman be the one to pay the alimony :lol:

This is the last time I will be responding to this topic as it is going nowhere. I said at the start of all the posts about IS and the Prosecutor having an affair that it wouldn't happen. Because IS loves EY and he is a good, honourable man. I should have stopped at that.

Archived