[drama 2009] Three Brothers / Suspicious Three Brothers 수상한 삼형&#5

Guest C51236

Guest ahhahha

i just don't care for IS and EY together. i think IS will suffer if he stays with EY.

she's to selfish. she only cares about her feelings. she doesn't think of IS.

Agree. EY doesn't deserve to be around with IS in many aspects, either appearance or character wise.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest prettypat

Agree. EY doesn't deserve to be around with IS in many aspects, either appearance or character wise.

Where I come from we strongly believe that men should not hit women. A man has greater upper body strength so it is an unequal match in a fight and the woman can really get hurt. A decent man walks away unless the woman has a weapon and his life is threatened. So there! :lol:

Guest zzola1003

Where I come from we strongly believe that men should not hit women. A man has greater upper body strength so it is an unequal match in a fight and the woman can really get hurt. A decent man walks away unless the woman has a weapon and his life is threatened. So there! :lol:

you are referring to the scene IS slapped EY when she suggested they shouldn't continue their relationship after they found out the relationship of both fathers right? I remember in Love Story in Harvard, Kim Rae Won character also slapped Tae Hee's right at the face when she returned to Korea after long years of separation. There are few drama featering the same action which I wonder wheather in Korea that is the accepted norm/practice. I don't know, I was just wondering. Yes, it wrong for a man to physically hit a woman but the drama usually depicted from the real life xperiences.

SPOILER - in ep 61, IS and EY made up!!!!! Phewwwww, the writer award the happy ending earlier than expected and we still have 9 episodes to go. I wonder what else will facing these two. When FIL finally revealed to IS (even though EY has requested FIL to keep it a secret) about the money EY gave to him as a retirement present, IS finally gave in and changed his mind about EY being selfish. Oh boy, I was wrong, it doesn't take a lot to get EY to forgive IS and they celebrated their reunion together. Soli and EY's dad also find their way but at the end of the episod something's wrong but I'm not sure what it is.

SPOILER - in ep 61, IS and EY made up!!!!! Phewwwww, the writer award the happy ending earlier than expected and we still have 9 episodes to go. I wonder what else will facing these two. When FIL finally revealed to IS (even though EY has requested FIL to keep it a secret) about the money EY gave to him as a retirement present, IS finally gave in and changed his mind about EY being selfish. Oh boy, I was wrong, it doesn't take a lot to get EY to forgive IS and they celebrated their reunion together. Soli and EY's dad also find their way but at the end of the episod something's wrong but I'm not sure what it is.

EY's dad had fainting spells, most probably he went to see the doctor and was told he has terminal illness. Rather natural for him to react negatively & call it quits. I saw that last part where he was swaying, walking like a drunkard.

Guest b00kw0rm

yeah, Pinto, I knew it was wrong but I did it on purpose. Sorry about that but I just got tired of people posting incomplete scenes, leaving out one or two little details that really put a different spin on things. Like this weekend's episodes on KBSW where we were previously led to believe that IS accepted the prosecutor's heart sign and asked BY to comfort EY although she phoned him when she was upset. The heart sign was a joke and accepted as such by IS. He told GC that if it was for her good, he would leave her. He didn't say if it was for his good or their good but for EY. He was thinking what is the best thing for her to do. Then she calls him all drunk and tells him he is rotten and she shouldn't have married him. He phoned BY not to comfort EY who he knew had already passed out drunk but to help her get more comfortable. When you leave out little things, it puts a whole different spin not only on the events but on the person's character.

About the slapping. Yes, men shouldn't hit women and in our society that would be regarded as abuse. But women shouldn't also feel free to slap others whenever they feel the urge to do so. Women are no longer the fragile weaker sex and being female doesn't mean one should have special priviledges like its okay to be the aggressor! And in real life we know that there are cases of men being physically abused by women smaller built than them. Physical intimidation is not about gender or physical strength! Having said that, in KBS dramas people go around slapping each other and throwing water and whatever at each other and its not regarded as abuse. I don't know if that is how it works in real life in Korea but lets stop interpreting things according to our culture. We should view the drama from a Korean or rather KBS culture since we are watching a KBS drama after all!

Leave it to the 2 willy Dads to shake the 2 stubborn people up and give them a healthy dose of reality! After EY gives her Dad and Soli her blessing to get married, and if she is nice or at least respectful to Soli, would Soli fight MIL on her behalf :lol:

Guest ahhahha

yeah, Pinto, I knew it was wrong but I did it on purpose. Sorry about that but I just got tired of people posting incomplete scenes, leaving out one or two little details that really put a different spin on things. Like this weekend's episodes on KBSW where we were previously led to believe that IS accepted the prosecutor's heart sign and asked BY to comfort EY although she phoned him when she was upset. The heart sign was a joke and accepted as such by IS. He told GC that if it was for her good, he would leave her. He didn't say if it was for his good or their good but for EY. He was thinking what is the best thing for her to do. Then she calls him all drunk and tells him he is rotten and she shouldn't have married him. He phoned BY not to comfort EY who he knew had already passed out drunk but to help her get more comfortable. When you leave out little things, it puts a whole different spin not only on the events but on the person's character.

You are 101% right on the above, don't know there are something like misleading on the characters going around here! As some of the comments I do not read at all. HAHA.

Guest 2Van123

You are 101% right on the above, don't know there are something like misleading on the characters going around here! As some of the comments I do not read at all. HAHA.

I share the frustruation. A possible reason for the misleading commentories could be the viewer watched the drama entirely in Korean without a good grasp of the language. He/She then imagined what the dialogue would be according to his/her impression of the characters, fitting the images to suit their opinion. I've learnt my lesson from following other threads and have been careful in this thread to only comment on events I have actually seen. Spoilers are disregarded!

Another example of cultural differences is that I was disturbed to note that the 2 boys were left alone at home to fend for themselves without adult supervision as Soli and their parents were running the restaurant. Soli even encouraged the boys to cook - i.e. handle matches, lighter, etc. I know in Asia it is not regarded as child neglect but in my country the 2 boys would be removed from their house for their own protection and general well-being. The restaurant is open late into the night. MIL took the boys home after school and Soli and their parents weren't even aware as no-one was supervising them. If MIL gets upset with this state of affairs then I am with her on this! The scene of Soli instructing her grandchildren how to cook their own meals and Umi scolding them over the phone for bothering her does not sit well with me.

Guest ahhahha

I share the frustruation. A possible reason for the misleading commentories could be the viewer watched the drama entirely in Korean without a good grasp of the language. He/She then imagined what the dialogue would be according to his/her impression of the characters, fitting the images to suit their opinion. I've learnt my lesson from following other threads and have been careful in this thread to only comment on events I have actually seen. Spoilers are disregarded!

Another example of cultural differences is that I was disturbed to note that the 2 boys were left alone at home to fend for themselves without adult supervision as Soli and their parents were running the restaurant. Soli even encouraged the boys to cook - i.e. handle matches, lighter, etc. I know in Asia it is not regarded as child neglect but in my country the 2 boys would be removed from their house for their own protection and general well-being. The restaurant is open late into the night. MIL took the boys home after school and Soli and their parents weren't even aware as no-one was supervising them. If MIL gets upset with this state of affairs then I am with her on this! The scene of Soli instructing her grandchildren how to cook their own meals and Umi scolding them over the phone for bothering her does not sit well with me.

At where i live (some part in Asia), neglecting young children alone could be charged by the police. The children could be taken away and put under the custody of social welfare.

Guest ahhahha

Thank you for the correction, lyc3103. I'm very glad to hear of it.

just to say the situation at my place, not meaning anything like correcting or not... ;)

Guest 2Van123

just to say the situation at my place, not meaning anything like correcting or not... ;)

don't sweat it, pal. I know what you mean :P And I'm really glad to learn that this is not the case in all of Asia.

Guest prettypat

At where i live (some part in Asia), neglecting young children alone could be charged by the police. The children could be taken away and put under the custody of social welfare.

No one has a monopoly on opinions, thank you very much!. :blink: We all share in this drama as a work of art and our responses are colored by our cultural experiences. We cannot escape this. The abuse of women and children is a global phenomenon that we should all struggle against. :mellow: The cliche is that art imitates life and one of the reasons why k dramas are so popular world wide is that they tell stories that touch us at a human level regardless of culture because we have more in common than we may realize.

So lighten up and lets have fun with our discourse re this drama and we can disagree without being disagreeable.I am from an island in the Caribbean. In fact I see many similarities between the Korean culture reflected in k dramas and my country even though we are thousands of miles apart

Nuff love an' respect to the idren. B) Jah Rastafari!

Guest zzola1003

KBSW has not yet shown the scene where IS slapped a girl in public, But I have seen EY slap him. She also slapped her ex and BY! It doesn't make it less wrong if the "slapper' and the 'slappee' are women.

hi pint0 ... which scene and in which ep did EY slapped IS? For what reason? I may have missed it. thanks.

I may be wrong but I do not think IS and the prosecutor will have an affair. Others have claimed they will. I also think she is on the level when she says she won't chase a married man. We have to wait and see.

when prosecutor showed IS the love sign witnessed by EY, I think she has indeed crossed the line. Yes, her intention is to be acting cute and she could have resorted to many other ways to cheer your colleague. Plus IS is a married man!! But I later changed my mind when she xplain herself to EY in episod 56. This is what I previously mentioned that EY could be imagining things which doesn't exist, but as a wife I felt EY was just being defensive considering their rocky state of relationship. I like it when prosecutor kept her cool and pointed to EY that IS is a good man and EY should be thankful and happy about it. She wasn't spikeful at all.

Guest b00kw0rm

No one has a monopoly on opinions, thank you very much!. :blink: We all share in this drama as a work of art and our responses are colored by our cultural experiences. We cannot escape this. The abuse of women and children is a global phenomenon that we should all struggle against. :mellow: The cliche is that art imitates life and one of the reasons why k dramas are so popular world wide is that they tell stories that touch us at a human level regardless of culture because we have more in common than we may realize. So lighten up and lets have fun with our discourse re this drama and we can disagree without being disagreeable.I am from an island in the Caribbean. Nuff love an' respect to the I dem. B)

Of course no-one has a monopoly on opinions and we are coloured by our cultural experiences. But the point I was making is that we should not forget that we are watching a foreign drama and we should be flexible enough to negotiate the cultural differences. Otherwise we are better off watching a local production. And my point was more on the leaving out of little information that puts a different spin on the story.

Guest zzola1003

EY's dad had fainting spells, most probably he went to see the doctor and was told he has terminal illness. Rather natural for him to react negatively & call it quits. I saw that last part where he was swaying, walking like a drunkard.

thanks halo21, you are right .. they got married anyway and check-in to the hospital instead of hoping for honeymoon. I guess EY's dad revealed to Soli about his illness.

Guest prettypat

Of course no-one has a monopoly on opinions and we are coloured by our cultural experiences. But the point I was making is that we should not forget that we are watching a foreign drama and we should be flexible enough to negotiate the cultural differences. Otherwise we are better off watching a local production. And my point was more on the leaving out of little information that puts a different spin on the story.

Yes Bookworm, I agree but we do not all see and hear the same things when we consume a piece of art and that is why the forum is fun because we get to read different perspectives and interpretations. Some one wrote on this forum that he/she saw EY pull a gun in the police station. I watched the same scene and I did not see that. People see and hear different things in response to an event or occurance. It is all a matter of perception which is sometimes more powerful than reality. :huh:

Guest prettypat

hi pint0 ... which scene and in which ep did EY slapped IS? For what reason? I may have missed it. thanks.

when prosecutor showed IS the love sign witnessed by EY, I think she has indeed crossed the line. Yes, her intention is to be acting cute and she could have resorted to many other ways to cheer your colleague. Plus IS is a married man!! But I later changed my mind when she xplain herself to EY in episod 56. This is what I previously mentioned that EY could be imagining things which doesn't exist, but as a wife I felt EY was just being defensive considering their rocky state of relationship. I like it when prosecutor kept her cool and pointed to EY that IS is a good man and EY should be thankful and happy about it. She wasn't spikeful at all.

I don't think Miss Smirky is as innocent as she pretends. :o She has the hots for IS and she backed off when confronted by Miss Hissifit only because she is smart enough to know that Miss Hissyfit would not hesitate to beat her #(%& right there in public and wipe that damn smirk off her face. :angry: No wifey wants to see a woman who has a crush on her hubby giving him no love sign. not in jest or otherwise. Pleeasee! She had to give a good explanation and throw in some praise or she would have been dead meat!

Guest ahhahha

Why does EY keep put on super short skirts before and now super low cut dress? She thinks this is sexy? It is so embarrassing and indecent. For God sake, please stop dressing like that! IS deserves a more decent girl! Or else please leave him!

Archived