[drama 2009] Three Brothers / Suspicious Three Brothers 수상한 삼형&#5

Guest C51236

Guest ahhahha

one promises to love you with all his/her heart =/= the be loved one no need to be responsible for his/her behaviour

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

eeekks i just remembered something.... :o

i suppose IS mum is not aware that EY's dad caused her hubby to go to jail in the past?? yes? no?

cause what i remember, is that IS dad never disclosed it to his wife but everyone else knows about it right...

will that make the relationship between EY and her MIL worse?

bottomline, i think that even if the MIL did not interfere in IS/EY life, they would still quarel, e.g. would be their honeymoon (baby) issue.

the writer is really making us go crazy over IS/EY story lol

Guest pint0

Did you see the scene where Miss Smirky asked him out to dinner to discuss the laptop, oh yeah, you have to go to dinner to discuss the laptop, it could not be done anywhere else. She also told him then she sees him as a challenge. She asked him to buy her a rose or some flower which he presented to her on the steps of the police station just incidentally in time for EY who was coming to visit him to see. He was unaware of this, so I don't fault him here. But Mss Smirky has made it obvious to him from she met him that she has a big crush on him.

Matang told IS that they looked like a couple and that EY was right that he is a player. IS is not only a Mr. Jerkweed, hits his woman in her face, I have withdrawn my forgiveness for that, he is an idiot. I cant believe I used to love this guy. :angry:

Yes, I saw that episode. but what you mentioned is not the complete story. She asked him to give her a rose instead of the apology he owes her. Matang said that if IS was hitting on the prosecutor then he is a player and if he wasn't then he should make it clear that he has a girlfriend. The prosecutor said that because IS has a girlfriend, he won't be interested in her. In reference to that, she sees him as a challenge and IS responded that she is only pretending.

vivagirl, you are right! The other shoe will drop when MIL finds out who EY's Dad is in relation to her husband's career!

Guest prettypat

Yes, I saw that episode. but what you mentioned is not the complete story. She asked him to give her a rose instead of the apology he owes her. Matang said that if IS was hitting on the prosecutor then he is a player and if he wasn't then he should make it clear that he has a girlfriend. The prosecutor said that because IS has a girlfriend, he won't be interested in her. In reference to that, she sees him as a challenge and IS responded that she is only pretending.

vivagirl, you are right! The other shoe will drop when MIL finds out who EY's Dad is in relation to her husband's career!

For me now this drama is tedious and has become an insufferable bore. It is no longer fun, humorous, warm, romantic or intriguing. I think currently its riding the momentum of earlier episodes. The writers need to pack up and go home. It is all about ratings and not great art and entertainment. Maybe my standards are too high. ;) Jeez!

Also, why did EY ask for divorce for twice and said IS was a horrible person because he held back his thoughts and feelings and she had no feeling to him anymore even sitting with each other face to face, and yet she was excited and expecting IS to come home when she was told by BY that IS was having a break from the training camp? She was immature and contradicting to herself, or just simply selfish and self-centred. She might want IS to bend on his knees to beg for her to ask for excuse from her!?

Oh dear, I am really clueless and I am going to learn Korean so that I can better understand these stories. By the way, I find the discussions on the forum more fun and interesting than the drama itself.

That said, my impression is that the marriage was going fairly well with the expected ups and downs until IS moved out. What we are talking about are the problems created by the fact that they are living separately but still married. We are not discussing problems that have arisen from them living together as newlyweds.

I don't think either of them really want a divorce but right now I am so tired of this drama. I have not watched any of the newer episodes; I just respond to you guys because you have great discourse and I liked the drama in the beginning. :)

Oh dear, I am really clueless and I am going to learn Korean so that I can better understand these stories. By the way, I find the discussions on the forum more fun and interesting than the drama itself.

That said, my impression is that the marriage was going fairly well with the expected ups and downs until IS moved out. What we are talking about are the problems created by the fact that they are living separately but still married. We are not discussing problems that have arisen from them living together as newlyweds.

I don't think either of them really want a divorce but right now I am so tired of this drama. I have not watched any of the newer episodes; I just respond to you guys because you have great discourse and I liked the drama in the beginning. :)

Hi guys,

I am posting this link for you. It will give you a clearer understanding of the cultural dynamics between EY/IS and the MIL. Take a peek. It is an eye opener! :o

http://stuffkoreanmomslike.blogspot.com/20...-adversity.html

S. Korea has the second highest divorce rate in the world. Guess which country is number 1?

Guest zzola1003

eeekks i just remembered something.... :o

i suppose IS mum is not aware that EY's dad caused her hubby to go to jail in the past?? yes? no?

cause what i remember, is that IS dad never disclosed it to his wife but everyone else knows about it right...

will that make the relationship between EY and her MIL worse?

bottomline, i think that even if the MIL did not interfere in IS/EY life, they would still quarel, e.g. would be their honeymoon (baby) issue.

the writer is really making us go crazy over IS/EY story lol

hahaha.. u r right vivagirl. MIL is still unaware of that fact. I am sure IF that one ever surfaced, it wil be CHECKMATE for EY/IS relationship.

other things that are mentioned several times but never see the light of day

1. Umi troubled brother

2. GG first wife

3. EY mum

Guest 2Van123

Not me! I have just come to the part where IS goes to visit his parents for a month so I had been talking about their problems in not being able to adjust to being a couple whilst living together in her Dad's house.

Guest anneng20

help! where can i download the english subs for three brothers episode 54? please give me a site that can provide english subs for this kdrama. i'm having a hard time in understanding the korean language. i can only understand english and some basic korean words so that's why i'm having a hard time in understanding what i'm watching. thank you so much in advance!!! :D

Download Links are provided in the very first posting of this thread. However, the uploader had currently only uploaded up to Ep 50, in order to get Ep 54, you'll probably have to wait a few weeks more.

Guest prettypat

IS didn't have to tell the police officers about the cookies. They saw it for themselves. She had met her ex to plead with him to come back to her. He brushed her off and she got drunk. On her way home in a cab, she accused the driver of stealing her bag (she left it behind in the bar). She said she wanted to go to the police station to settle the matter. Of course, the driver has to take her to IS' station! At the station, still drunk she rang her ex and made a scene. She also grabbed hold of one of the officer's gun and pointed it at them. In the wrestle to get the gun back, her cookie fell out. This was like the 3rd time her cookie fell out so why she still wants to wear them or why she doesn't learn how to not have a wardrobe malfunction! Her Dad is the boss at the station so IS doesn't have to tell the prosecutor anything. EY did accuse him of telling tales to the prosecutor about her and he told her that all the officers know about her.

And remember the farewell party for one of the officers where EY and the prosecutor had a drinking contest? The prosecutor was rude to her so she thought she could show her up by challenging her to a drink. But she got drunk. And the prosecutor told her privately that when she was drunk and misbehaved at the police station, she was not IS wife or girlfriend. Now she is IS wife so she shouldn't get drunk and misbehave in front of his men. I think the prosecutor had a point though she was the one who started the ball rolling by being rude to EY.

And EY and BY made several references to both of them having the same Mother.

In response to your post re the cookies I revisited Episode 3 where EY went to the police station and made a scene and I watched it carefully.

1. She did not remove a gun from any police officer. She used her bare hands which she pointed like a gun.

2. She lost a cookie when she threw up on IS and she was not seen doing this by any of the other officers. They were outside the officers room. He kept it in his pocket that's why he had it when they spent the night at the hotel/club.

3.She did not wrestle with any officers.IS held her and placed her on a bench. No cookies were lost in this scene.The only people who know about the infamous cookies are IS and the woman who owned the restaurant where EY was fighting with her old boyfriend and IS took the call to the scene. The restaurant owner explained to him what it was.

Therefore, IS must be the one who told the other officers about the cookies. He is a Jerkweed Mammas Boy and I think that EY should divorce the SOB, go get an Italian carpet cleaning, pipe laying hunk and leave him to Miss Smirky who is rude and arrogant and he can slap her in her face when she steps out of line. :blink: Woman beater! (See Episode 22)

Poor EY. She does not have an older female mentor like an aunt or something to guide her and tell her about the vagaries of men, so she went from one Jerkweed Mammas Boy to another. Poor gal!

Hmm, I wonder if the writers are going to bring back Jerkweed No. 1 to give Jerkweed No. 2 something to think about. That would be fun.

Nah! This drama sucks. :P They have already ruined the story.

Guest 2Van123

I too plan to rewatch that episode but I have to this to say. Following that incident, EY asked IS if his men thought less of him for dating her since they saw her in a mess on a few occasions. He said no they don't. In fact the surly Sargent (now Lieutenant Yu) said it was their destiny to meet this way. It was only when she was angry with IS that she brought up this matter again and blamed IS for telling tales about her. When she's in a good mood, its fine with her. When she's not in a good mood, IS is at fault.

In many ways, the Prosecutor is a more refined, dignified and professional woman who is more suited for IS than the mean-spirited and foul-mouthed EY. I too wish EY would get out of the picture but I'm old-fashioned enough to think they should still work at their differences. Their problem is they both want to be in-control, its a bloody power struggle! These days young people have no staying power. A little bit of problem and they call it quits. I hope EY and IS are not that immature and spineless to do so.

Guest prettypat

I too plan to rewatch that episode but I have to this to say. Following that incident, EY asked IS if his men thought less of him for dating her since they saw her in a mess on a few occasions. He said no they don't. In fact the surly Sargent (now Lieutenant Yu) said it was their destiny to meet this way. It was only when she was angry with IS that she brought up this matter again and blamed IS for telling tales about her. When she's in a good mood, its fine with her. When she's not in a good mood, IS is at fault.

In many ways, the Prosecutor is a more refined, dignified and professional woman who is more suited for IS than the mean-spirited and foul-mouthed EY. I too wish EY would get out of the picture but I'm old-fashioned enough to think they should still work at their differences. Their problem is they both want to be in-control, its a bloody power struggle! These days young people have no staying power. A little bit of problem and they call it quits. I hope EY and IS are not that immature and spineless to do so.

But Van, IS knew exactly who he was marrying. EY never pretended to be anything other than who she is and she told him so numerous times. He also knows that she blows a lot of hot air and is all mouth. This is her defensive posture. He knows exactly how to deal with her but he is not doing it.

I think that Miss Smirky is rude and arrogant and she has not exposed her true colors in the way that EY has. She obviously is a huntress and men do not like to be hunted. We do not know what she is really like and how she would behave in a relationship. She seems a bit caustic and pushy to me.

IS is neither dignified nor professional and I can site many instances where he comes up short. He slapped the girl in her face in public for Gods sake. I do not like when men hit on women. That's a red flag for me. I had forgiven him earlier because of the whole passionate love thinghy but I have withdrawn that forgiveness as the series progressed. He and EY are better suited but I think he is Mr. Jerkweed :wacko: and EY is Miss Hissyfit. :angry: She is still smarting from Mr. Jerkweed No. 1 and is looking for reassurance from Mr. Jerkweed No. 2 which she is not getting so she throws hissyfits as her coping mechanism.

Guest pint0

But Van, IS knew exactly who he was marrying. EY never pretended to be anything other than who she is and she told him so numerous times. He also knows that she blows a lot of hot air and is all mouth. This is her defensive posture. He knows exactly how to deal with her but he is not doing it.

I think that Miss Smirky is rude and arrogant and she has not exposed her true colors in the way that EY has. She obviously is a huntress and men do not like to be hunted. We do not know what she is really like and how she would behave in a relationship. She seems a bit caustic and pushy to me.

IS is neither dignified nor professional and I can site many instances where he comes up short. He slapped the girl in her face in public for Gods sake. I do not like when men hit on women. That's a red flag for me. I had forgiven him earlier because of the whole passionate love thinghy but I have withdrawn that forgiveness as the series progressed. He and EY are better suited but I think he is Mr. Jerkweed :wacko: and EY is Miss Hissyfit. :angry: She is still smarting from Mr. Jerkweed No. 1 and is looking for reassurance from Mr. Jerkweed No. 2 which she is not getting so she throws hissyfits as her coping mechanism.

But as Van pointed out in that episode (and I went back to rewatch it), IS did tell her not to scold him constantly and tell him what to do all the time, not to treat him as a little brother. It is a power struggle. He tells her they are moving to his parents place for a month and she goes to MIL and says they can't move in. And as others have mentioned, EY's behaviour is a lot like MIL. She doesn't like MIL's verbal venom but thinks that since this is part of her (EY's) nature, others should just accept her for the way she is! She points out what is wrong in his behaviour and tells him to change and grow up. pinkberryy mouth should look in the mirror and tell that to herself!

KBSW has not yet shown the scene where IS slapped a girl in public, But I have seen EY slap him. She also slapped her ex and BY! It doesn't make it less wrong if the "slapper' and the 'slappee' are women.

In the other scene, both you and Van are right. You were right that EY drew an imaginary gun and the cookie didn't fall out in public then. He mentioned the cookie when the police were drawing a composite of her. One of the guys mentioned big boobs and he said they were fake because of the cookie. Van was right that she was only bothered at that time that his men would think less of their Captain for falling for a guy like him. But actually the policemen all reacted more like boys in a high school production and regarded them as a romantic couple

I may be wrong but I do not think IS and the prosecutor will have an affair. Others have claimed they will. I also think she is on the level when she says she won't chase a married man. We have to wait and see.

Guest personfully

Sorry to disturb any intense discussions about relationships and whatnot. IS appearance just grosses me out right now. His blunt man bangs and scruffy facial hair is such a downgrade from his appearance beforehand. IS should go back to being clean shaven with somewhat spiky hair.

Guest melren

I'm glad that EY and IS are back together (they're still my fav couple despite all the problems and drama that they created ^_^) but, does anyone know what is the letter (the one inside the brown envelope that was "accidentally" read by BY and IS) about?

It does seem to me to YH doesnt want to let HC slip, that's why she get someone to be her "eyes and ears" at the restaurant.

I'm glad that EY and IS are back together (they're still my fav couple despite all the problems and drama that they created ^_^) but, does anyone know what is the letter (the one inside the brown envelope that was "accidentally" read by BY and IS) about?

It does seem to me to YH doesnt want to let HC slip, that's why she get someone to be her "eyes and ears" at the restaurant.

the paper in the brown envelope was athe divorce paper but now that they are together, its not that important hahaha

Guest jus me

i just don't care for IS and EY together. i think IS will suffer if he stays with EY.

she's to selfish. she only cares about her feelings. she doesn't think of IS.

Archived