[drama 2009] Three Brothers / Suspicious Three Brothers 수상한 삼형&#5

Guest C51236

Umi's mother was referring to Cheonnan's little boy. She knew that Cheonnan left her son with a friend and remarried. But I'm not sure if Umi's mother was aware that Cheonnan is actually Umi's sister-in-law.

Now I realise why that lady prosecutor looks familiar. She's in that 'Everybody Cha Cha' drama as Nayun's colleague in the marking dept. Also, I'm not sure if anyone knows this - she was one of the hosts in Entertainment Weekly too.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest sugarplumfairy_1004

geez, i think the mother is the worst. absolute worst. i can't stand her. her favoritism towards her pathetic first son and his even more pathetic wife is disgustingly blatant. and she treats those that are good to her for granted. grrrr. she is the ultimate example of a crazy mean korean mother-in-law. D= my heart cries out to umi.

I'm beginning to love this drama ... :D

Though Isang can sometimes be excessive on his display of affection for Eoyeong, he is utterly cute. Any girl who is showered with that kind of devotion will melt. If a man can fight for his love & is willing to risk everything including his dreams & ambitions to win her wavering heart & make good his promise to marry her, even the most stubborn soul will give in. That's what happened to EY :wub:

At the start I disliked the first brother's wife for being a liar & abusive. In the latest episode, she was discovered by her own husband to be hiding an abandoned son. Now she can't run away & deny. This discovery came when her husband is about to regain his confidence to restore his position as the first son & slowly change the negative opinions about his capabilities. Now, how will he face his family again?

Umi is the star of the drama IMO ... her role is interconnected with everyone else. Her position in the Kim household is indispensable ... if she stops doing her duties as a DIL, stop cooking, cleaning & doing laundry, what will happen to the family. They will starve, they will live in a filthy house & will not have a single clean clothes to wear. I dont agree how her husband regard her ... is she just the mother of his sons & the DIL who has to render service to his family, totally inconsiderate of her feelings. Umi may be careless in her appearance, sometimes vulgar in speech & behavior which may be the reason her husband takes her for granted. But she deserves better treatment. He doesn't even mind Umi sleeping in a separate room, making her position as a woman & his wife insignificant.

Guest b00kw0rm

Wow, Carmina and Monalisa you are way ahead as I haven't seen the episodes you guys mentioned. I just saw the one where Umi finally tamed the wicked eldest sister-in-law! Good job, Umi! I loved that episode so much that I watched it twice and both times, was tickled pink :D I think one day she will have it out with her friend who has fallen for Umi's husband. Then her husband will realise that Umi does love him. They are both so lonely. If only, they could turn to each other!

I like this drama ver much... i hate YS mom... I dont think that have this kind of mothers which very unfair to others people and always think she the best in the house, If think back, the only person contribute to housework only Umi but her mother in law never appreciate her... So sad, Now i waiting the relationship between YS an Ej. How his mother want to destroy their relationship. Beside UMi, I think YS and EJ fathers also very kind to their children. Onley the stupid character in this story is The Mother!!!!!!! I so angry YS mother attitude. :angry:

Guest 2Van123

I'm beginning to love this drama ... :D

Though Isang can sometimes be excessive on his display of affection for Eoyeong, he is utterly cute. Any girl who is showered with that kind of devotion will melt. If a man can fight for his love & is willing to risk everything including his dreams & ambitions to win her wavering heart & make good his promise to marry her, even the most stubborn soul will give in. That's what happened to EY :wub:

At the start I disliked the first brother's wife for being a liar & abusive. In the latest episode, she was discovered by her own husband to be hiding an abandoned son. Now she can't run away & deny. This discovery came when her husband is about to regain his confidence to restore his position as the first son & slowly change the negative opinions about his capabilities. Now, how will he face his family again?

Umi is the star of the drama IMO ... her role is interconnected with everyone else. Her position in the Kim household is indispensable ... if she stops doing her duties as a DIL, stop cooking, cleaning & doing laundry, what will happen to the family. They will starve, they will live in a filthy house & will not have a single clean clothes to wear. I dont agree how her husband regard her ... is she just the mother of his sons & the DIL who has to render service to his family, totally inconsiderate of her feelings. Umi may be careless in her appearance, sometimes vulgar in speech & behavior which may be the reason her husband takes her for granted. But she deserves better treatment. He doesn't even mind Umi sleeping in a separate room, making her position as a woman & his wife insignificant.

Hey pal, I haven't watched every episode but here's my take.

Isang and Eoyoung have broken up a couple of times that I really don't care if they get back together or not. Eoyoung is such a whinner! And when her love life is in shambles, she takes it out on her family. This kind of person would be hell to live with and I would only want someone I hate to end up with a gal like that. The only good thing I can think of is that if she lives with Isang's family, at least Umi will have a friend and sister.

I saw the episode when Isang tried to push Umi and her husband to sleep together in the same room. When the husband decided to make a move, Umi jumped out of bed and said she will go check on the sons. He looked disappointed. I think he feels that Umi sees him only as the guy who brings home the bacon. Umi think he sees her only as a good mother and good daughter-in-law. He looked shocked when she commented that she knows he doesn't find her desirable. It looked like he wanted to say 'no' but he held himself back. They are both lonely. He confides in his colleague and not to Umi so she doesn't know what he struggles with. She asked Isang to find out for her but he agreed to his brother's request not to tell her. So actually Isang was helpiing to further damage their relationship although he has the purest of intentions here.

I think Eoyong's Dad with his mafia ties could be the one to help Umi's husband with his problem with the gangsters.

Now I realise why that lady prosecutor looks familiar. She's in that 'Everybody Cha Cha' drama as Nayun's colleague in the marking dept. Also, I'm not sure if anyone knows this - she was one of the hosts in Entertainment Weekly too.

Actually I think its not the same person acting both roles. When I first saw her in 'Everybody Cha Cha Cha', I thought she was the one who appeared in 'I Hate You But Its Fine', but after watching this drama, I think they are 2 different persons. This person is the one who acted in IHYBIF. There are strong similarities but the voices are quite different. I tried checking the names but couldn't see it in ECCC.

Hi 2Van123 ... it's been awhile since we exchanged views & I welcome your comments on my post. Thanks, chingu!

Yeaah, Eoyeong can be irritating with her whining. She's lucky to have a dad & a sister who are patient with her & who defer to her when she is in those predictable moods ... I don't think she will last one minute living with Isang's domineering mother & the showy first DIL. She has the means to provide for her needs & will not be dependent on Isang's earnings. Unlike Umi, EY is educated, a careerwoman who runs a family business. Umi is treated badly by her MIL & has no voice in the family because of her not too impressive family background & the circumstances that brought her to the family ... the second son got her pregnant.

Guest Greenrose934

Hi 2Van123 ... it's been awhile since we exchanged views & I welcome your comments on my post. Thanks, chingu!

Yeaah, Eoyeong can be irritating with her whining. She's lucky to have a dad & a sister who are patient with her & who defer to her when she is in those predictable moods ... I don't think she will last one minute living with Isang's domineering mother & the showy first DIL. She has the means to provide for her needs & will not be dependent on Isang's earnings. Unlike Umi, EY is educated, a careerwoman who runs a family business. Umi is treated badly by her MIL & has no voice in the family because of her not too impressive family background & the circumstances that brought her to the family ... the second son got her pregnant.

This family treated Umi like a slave , she should be with her husband run the sauna instead of that her friend , .... she's very hard working .....let MIL taking care the house ... this kind of mother should be in jail because of too much abuses B)

The 2 fathers seem to have forgotten about their feud! They're sharing a cuppa and laughing! What a difference from the earlier episodes when Eoyeong's dad always had to flee whenever he sees Isang's dad!

MONALISA, What episode is this? Thanks for the info. I'm happy that the two father will soon get along well with each other.

Guest revengeoftheflowers

I'm so happy to see all these Umi fans in here. I love Kim Hee Jung so so so so so much. Is her acting not INCREDIBLE!?

She is the STAR of this show.

Guest 2Van123

I actually think the scenes where EY was throwing tantrums at home was meant to be funny but the actress couldn't pull it off. I could be judging her unfairly but it seems her performance is lacking in many aspects. Kim Hee Jung without dispute is the star of this drama....perfect delivery in every scene.

Archived