Soompi K-pop Showdown *Winners Announced*

Guest vocalxiah

OMFG THE WONDER GIRLS WERE PERFECT!!!!

xD

did they sing tell me yet? i wanna listen to their version of tell me >_<

judges... i listened to ALL the other clips and then i listened to the wonder girls clip last. wut are you guys talking about?!? THEY STOOD OUT THE MOST!

i think the chorus was great... i think that you guys in the wonder girls group should continue to keep in touch as a group and continue to do covers...

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest JUST-5MILE

This is starting to get intense! :o

SNSD~ D'awww~ what a cute intro and ending. <3 I have to agree with the judges' comments. A bit messy and pitch problems throughout the song kinda bugged me. D: It was a nice try though! Loved the 'cute' vibe you guys gave off.

SG Wannabe~ I haven't heard this song before but I thought it was a great song choice. It made me all happy and I wanted to just jump off my chair and dance along. The intro made me giggle. x3 Bonus points for you guys right there. The rap was intense too. *o* Props to the original rap you guys added in. I thought you guys did the best this round. ^^ Seems like you guys had so much fun recording this. :3 Ahaha!

Wonder Girls~ I've been a fan of you guys since first round! You guys never fail to impress me. You guys are pretty consistent each round. The harmonizations were pretty. <3 I'm so jealous of Ayaka and Voniey's tone. >3< Kyaa~ I can't wait to hear what you guys have in store for us next round! :3

2PM~ I loveee this song but some of you guys sounded so bored. T__T I wish there was more energy put in. The chorus could have had a bit more oomph? I think MzKiTTo did the best in term of singing and emotion-wise. I love your voice! ^^ simplefinish_04's line stood out to me too. Loved the ending part of the line. N0RuLLe, you were in the Bad Girl collab right? I love your voice. <3 I think you shined more here compared to the previous rounds. Kuwon's rap was hot. xD Erm..I don't know what to say anymore. Sorry if I didn't comment on you..but err...I'm pretty bad at judging and critiquing anyways so I'll leave it here. @__@"

Great job everyone and good luck! Looking forward to the next round! :3

Guest vocalxiah

this become seriously O_o"

oohh.. I think judge score and comment not much correlate (reference from the last 2 round)

that's mean sometime they say different things but score is the same or some feedback seem good but score is kinda low

lol.. just my opinion

Hm? I'm sorry, I don't quite catch what you're trying to say.

If you think we can improve on our judging techniques, please give suggestions. Thank you.

OMFG THE WONDER GIRLS WERE PERFECT!!!!

xD

did they sing tell me yet? i wanna listen to their version of tell me >_<

judges... i listened to ALL the other clips and then i listened to the wonder girls clip last. wut are you guys talking about?!? THEY STOOD OUT THE MOST!

i think the chorus was great... i think that you guys in the wonder girls group should continue to keep in touch as a group and continue to do covers...

Our opinions are subject to differ from the opinions of others (in this case, YOUR opinion). Even if they "stood out the most", we still have to factor in various things to decide who will be the winner. I don't quite remember the judges saying something about a group standing out the most? If I'm wrong, pardon me. The comments solely themselves don't tell us the results yet; since the scores have not been released.

If you would like a certain group to do a certain cover, please feel free to PM them and request for a song. ^^

Could someone other than the judges give critics on 2PM?? We need more opinions to improve ourselves..

If it helps, I'm going to do individual comments on everybody's clips soon. I haven't been able to finish judging yet, but I will try my best to give you guys constructive criticisms for your improvement.

P.S.

That reminds me, for the previous rounds, I sort of wasn't serious about my comments, and they might have sounded like I didn't really care about constructive criticism and I just wrote them for fun. You can always tell me straight to my face to "give out constructive criticisms so it helps us" If my "goofy" comments didn't help you, I'm sorry. I'll try to refrain from writing such comments.

Guest miraclexkkb

i'd have to agree with some of these comments

i have secretly been following soompi showdown because it seems like such a unique way to showcase everyone's talents

no need to give me defensive feedbacks, but im just stating my observations

but it seems like the judges are wayy too harsh without strong explanations of why they give that score or comment

and i think it's unfair to all of the contestants since they seem so passionate about the competition, yet it seems like most of them round by round continually get little points/comments for originality besides "seems like the original" "nothing new" every week. How are the contestants supposed to improve if they just get dry comments like that?

All in all, im anticipating

hopefully, it'll come out fair

SG Wannabe is REALLY extraordinary, and wondergirls' have a unique blend

2pm and SNSD have been struggling a bit, but then again, they have to organize and mix 7 and 9 people

communicating alone is a big factor, and i think that this should also be taken into consideration

and they have all improved a lot, individually and as a group

fighting guys!

Guest Zelee86

this is a fun contest guys~ have fun~~~

anywhos the judges can say whatever they like because well they are the judges~ i mean its their contest so basically they can do whatever they want. i think the judging is pretty fair... plus the judges are indivduals... they have their own opinions. you don't have to agree with their opinion but basically they are the judge so yea i guess we just have to live it.. and they do offer more extensive comments if you pm them instead of posting it out on here~

anywhos great job everyone! everyone is so good!

Guest vocalxiah

Theme is up

check the theme section on first post

and no we'll not change the songs we've selected already~

-----

yes to jizzlee86's comment

we're here to enjoy

not to panic about what note you were flat on

and what you didn't improve on

Guest LittleMissSooyeon

From all the BEG members:

we're all so sorry we couldn't turn in our clip.

we thought that this clip was gonna be our best, and we were soooooo excited to turn it in,

but we had problems with instrumentals and mixing all of the sudden.

>_<

we're sorry to the judges who were waiting. ahaha

BUT thank you to the judges who held this contest and helped us get better ^^

and thanks for all the votes that got us here this far.

although we didn't turn the clip in time,,

and we're DQ'ed,, ha.

we'll still upload our final clip on another thread to get criticism and such. =D

Thank you again for holding this contest,

and we're glad that we made it this far. ^^

-BEG members

Guest mentalfiction

Hmmm....only 4 groups left.

Well, I actually agree, we did struggle this round....but our song choice was last minute because none of us really understood what you meant by the cover song theme.

And also....I think that for originality....we all tried to sing in an original way, not only the intro and the outro. Me, Carrie, Mira, Abby and a couple of others tried changing the melodies or tried to sing either cuter than the how the song is, or less cuter in some cases. But.......I see that hasn't really been acknowledged.

And somehow I think....maybe it's 'cuz we all tried so hard to sound original that we all messed our parts up...get what I mean? >_<

So i think that if we aren't going to be scoring much for our singing...at least you should consider the rest of the parts where we tried to sound original...and hopefully we'll score a bit more there? XP

Thank you ^^

Plus...I really think it's either Wonder Girls or SG Wannabe who're gonna win this (it was obvious like since the first round :P) 2PM....you guys sing great, especially MzKiTTo, but you do sound a bit bored at times :P Your Round 2 song (Hate U) was the best in my opinion~

And for SNSD....wow we made it this far~! If I got anything from this...it'll be knowing 8 other amazing people! Lol hope I don't sound too mushy XP But we never really had any disagreements and our communication has been great! Love you girls~<3

Hope we get through...but if we don't, it won't be the last you see of us! =D

this is a fun contest guys~ have fun~~~

anywhos the judges can say whatever they like because well they are the judges~ i mean its their contest so basically they can do whatever they want. i think the judging is pretty fair... plus the judges are indivduals... they have their own opinions. you don't have to agree with their opinion but basically they are the judge so yea i guess we just have to live it.. and they do offer more extensive comments if you pm them instead of posting it out on here~

anywhos great job everyone! everyone is so good!

Saidly put. :)

Guest sexyguitarist_

Plus...I really think it's either Wonder Girls or SG Wannabe who're gonna win this (it was obvious like since the first round :P ) 2PM....you guys sing great, especially MzKiTTo, but you do sound a bit bored at times :P Your Round 2 song (Hate U) was the best in my opinion~

And for SNSD....wow we made it this far~! If I got anything from this...it'll be knowing 8 other amazing people! Lol hope I don't sound too mushy XP But we never really had any disagreements and our communication has been great! Love you girls~<3

Hope we get through...but if we don't, it won't be the last you see of us! =D

it's because "I Hate You" is MzKiTTo's fave song/cover,right? I can't remember. haha.

but oh well, Hi MzKiTTo! XD <3

awww. Chi unnie you're so sweeeeet ~ <3

yeyeye, right. I thought it'll be hard to communicate w/ 8 girls but I was wrong.

ILLLLY girls~ <3 I admit, I kinda miss you guys whenever I check my inbox and

there are no msgs from SSD members. that's why I always spam your inbox with

my nonsense msgs, I'm sorry XD ooohhh~ my chicken dance.. D: kkk~ XD

it'll be great of we'll pass this round. I hope so. [:

I really like the judges' song choice for the next round, it'll show a diff side of us. <3

To the judges, I have a question.. o.o

The first post is kinda confusing. How many groups are going to be eliminated on R3?2 groups or just 1?

Btw, thanks for making this contest. ^^ <3

Guest NymphoeniX

Hi Emily

suggestion?? hmm.. it's hard to say

something like score standard table... each condition and min-max score if that clip have it

but I think it's normally that each person is different standard, and it's all okay for me

just a little opinion from me...

btw I have fun a lot and got many friends from with this contest lol

I appreciate all opinions that have been posted and I'm going to try to reply to you all with this post without becoming too serious (<---we'll see how well that will go)

About being too harsh:

I respect the opinion, but I don't regret a single score that I've put out there. My bar is the same for everyone and I'd like to believe that I've been fair, but do tell me if you disagree and I will consider it. Basically; telling me that I'm too harsh won't stop me, but telling me that I've been unfair will definitely do so and yes (!!!!! xD) they are two different things.

What we are talking about:

Haha, sorry. I couldn't find a better topic for this reply. We are basically here to tell our opinion. I'm not a professional, but I dare to say that I know what I'm talking about. You are allowed to disagree or not. That's why we have the public voting (yaaay~) That's where you guys can go "in your face, judges!" or post a reply here, I'm fine with that too ...communication people! Don't see it as arguing ^^

What I base my judging on:

Of course, all judges follow the same guidelines with the 5 categories we have out there but it's also pretty natural that our scores will differ a lot since we're different individuals.

Since it has been pretty confusing for you guys... I'll try to describe what I base my scores/comments on.

Singing: "Clean" singing; a few pitchy notes won't bring down my score for you, but pitchy notes in every singing line you got will. Also; emotions delivered. (Do I feel it? I don't know korean, but music is a language in itself) and lastly potential of the singer. Effort is considered there because you're not equally good at singing and I'm talking about ALL contestants, which means that I can't compare you guys to each other. I'm comparing you to yourself. Now that might seem unfair but if you look at it... If someone else is a better singer then you'll get more scores because you'll probably be able to sing "cleaner" and you might know how to deliver the emotions better. All group members weight the same for me, which means that outstanding singing can weight up a bad performance from another group member and reversed.

Technical: I can't give you advices on this one cause I know nothing about mixing, but I can still give you my opinion. If it sounds like a real track, as in as close you can get to a perfect mixed track (and yes, "soompiers" can do that), then you'll get a full score and I know that I've given out full scores on this one so refer to that if you want to know what I'm talking about. Oh right, the other rounds aren't up there, hmm....it will soon ^^ haha

Originality: ooh, this one is interesting, isn't it? You do not have to sound cuter, less cuter, more mature, less mature. The ONLY moment i'll give you scores for that, is if it is your style. If you sound cuter than the original then that's originality but NOT if you do it just for the sake of it and of course I'll know it, but I can also be wrong like all human beings. There might have been miscalculations in first round, that I can admit, but I think I know all your voices by now. You will also get scores for making some changes in the song. I do apologize if I do not notice all changes that have been made because I do not know all songs. I might listen to the original about 2-3 times and that is not enough for me to remember every single note or adlib. Lastly... imitating the artist, which can be easily done (unintentionally) especially if you've heard the song 12364 times, will bring your score down...a lot.

Changing/adding melody/adlibs is good. Going off tune while doing so = not good. I will not give full scores unless I feel that nothing else can be done. I do realize that I haven't given much advice on this one so I'll do it for next round but I might put it under improvement instead.

Improvement: All aspects and like all other categories; "one can compensate the other, while the other can bring the one down". I'll compare the clip to last round's clip, but also your best clip.

Overall: overall feeling. Would I like to hear this track again? Am I feeling it? What kind of feelings does it leave me with?

Lastly; Have faith in yourself and your own group!

I'm not lying when I say (<--- that was so directly translated from swedish, sorry xD) that I believe in you. Would I even put time in giving you comments if I do not feel that you can do better? Yeah ..exactly (;

Next round will be really fun :D hahahaha, judge's choice...you know we have picked out songs for all four groups which means that we haven't even thought of "hey this group won't pass so let's just not prepare a song for them since they won't pass anyway".

CONGRATULATIONS if you've read it all. I'm done with my essay (wooot~ 2 pages! xD) and I shall head home from school now.

oh right... Abby: There have been changes in our "elimination tree" due to the changes that have been made among the contestants. There will be two groups in final round. One group will be eliminated this round and another one next round (round 4). Hope that helps.

Guest sikkony

Yeah, just wait until all the essays start turning multicolored too... now that would really be GG...

On a side note, Ceci and Michael so adorable lol awww <3

Guest MzKiTTo

Yeah, just wait until all the essays start turning multicolored too... now that would really be GG...

On a side note, Ceci and Michael so adorable lol awww <3

...hahah xD leave my "multicoloredness" posts alone :P

&& chyeah aren't they jus adorable? lol c[=

Archived