[Jdrama Fall 2009] Tokyo Dogs ~ Saiaku De Saikou No Partner~

Immortal_Angel

Oguri Shun, Mizushima Hiro, Yosh*taka Yuriko
I hope there isn't a thread yet, if there is please do tell me

Oguri, Mizushima star in Fuji TV cop drama

Fuji TV has unveiled its next Monday night drama series. Tentatively titled "Tokyo DOGS ~Saiaku de Saikou no Partner~," the show will feature popular actors Shun Oguri (26) and Hiro Mizushima (25) teaming up as police detectives.

"Tokyo DOGS" will be the first true police drama to air in Fuji TV's Monday 9:00pm time slot. This is also the first time for either actor to be cast in that time slot.

Oguri has the starring role as Sou Takakura, who witnessed his father's murder at a young age. Pledging to catch the killer, he grows up to become an elite cop in New York City, where the criminal lives. His character is cool-headed and disciplined, yet adapts well. Because of major drug dealings, he gets sent to Tokyo to conduct a joint investigation with the Japanese police. There, he gets teamed up with a detective from a special investigative division (Mizushima).

Mizushima's character is a hot-blooded fighting expert due to his earlier days as a delinquent, but he makes a strong impression with his stylish appearance and is always interested in going on group dates. His personality, interests, and investigation methods are completely mismatched with Oguri's, but the two somehow work together to crack the case they've been given.

Cast in the heroine role is Yuriko Yomini cooperaka (21), playing a mysterious woman who holds the key to the case, though she has lost part of her memory due to trauma. Her relationship to the two actors will also be one of the drama's key points.

"Tokyo DOGS" will premiere this October.

CREDITS: tokyograph

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yomini cooperaka, Oguri & Mizushima to spice up your Monday!

Big news for all Oguri Shun fans, the 26 years-old actor is going to have the starring role in Fuji TV’s next Monday-09pm dorama "Tokyo DOGS ~Worst and Best Partners~" that’s starting in October. It’s the first time ever that Fuji TV is going to air an original police dorama in their most prestigious time slot for doramas.Oguri will play an elite cop from the New York Police Department, but as the title already suggest, he won’t be working alone. His partner who experienced a sudden rise from being a delinquent to being a detective at the police headquarter is going to be played by Mizushima Hiro (25), yet another very popular young ikemen actor. Fuji TV is already counting with quite some high ratings and there is no reason why they shouldn’t.

Let’s look at some more detailed infos about their roles. Oguri’s role is an elite detective at the NY Police Department who originally has been working in the military. At work he seems to be calm and serious, but that doesn’t mean that he can’t adapt to all kind of situations. He is coming to Japan and (the setting is New York, according to Fuji TV) will work together with the Japanese Metropolitan Police Department in a joint operation in order to bust some large-scale drug dealings that are happening at the moment. He is going to work together with a detective from the Special Investigation Division, played by Mizushima.

Mizushima is a martial expert who used to be a delinquent and in a biker gang himself. He has a really hot-blooded character with a lot of hobbies that even intensify his cool and strong image, an unusual new role for Mizushima. Those 2 different personalities will have no other choice but to work as partners which is going to cause some really interesting negotiations, not to mention that great "buddy vibe" that is hopefully going to attract a lot of viewers.

Oguri himself is already quite excited about this dorama, "With such amazing coactors, I can’t help but being excited right from the beginning." Mizushima too, "It’s my first Monday-09pm dorama and I can’t wait to show a totally new side of me."

The regular readers of this site probably already wonder why I posted this here, but don’t worry, there IS going to be space enough for a heroine role. No other than the quickly rising Yomini cooperaka Yuriko (21) is going to play a very important key figure to all the events taking place in the dorama. Yomini cooperaka is just as excited as the other male leads. "I’m so nervous and excited that I’m shivering right now. I’d like to take advantage of this nervousness and use it as an impulse to dash forward."

A whole new face for the Monday-09pm and I couldn’t be more excited about Fuji TV’s change of course.

CREDITS: Written by: www.kawaii-joyuu.com

Source: Sanspo

Guest lisaaa

i'll most likely watch this, but i wish it would have been Matsumoto Jun instead of Mizushima Hiro :( but i'm still pretty interested.

Oguri and Mizushima Form Formidable Tag Team in New Autumn Drama

Here in Japan the late summer will soon come to an end. A slew of upcoming autumn dramas have been announced!

Among them talk has centered on the drama in which the most popular of heartthrobs form a dream team!!

‘東京DOGS~最悪で最高のパートナー~ / Tokyo DOGS~Saiaku de Saiko no Partner~ [lit. The worst and best of partners]’

Breaking news!!

In autumn 2009…two ‘troublemakers’ become heroes!!

Oguri Shun will play the role of an elite NYPD detective! Mizushima Hiro becomes a police officer who belongs to the Special Investigator Unit of the Metropolitan Police Department. The two markedly different policemen will form a most oddball duo! The ingenious story features a great balance of serious and humorous scenes!

Here are the messages from the lead actors:

Oguri Shun

“Although the filming has not started yet I’m already excited to have the honor of working with such talented cast members.

We will work together, and at times argue with each other to produce a great show.”

Mizushima Hiro

“I am hoping to show a different side of Mizushima Hiro.

The staff and cast members will all be making a concerted effort to create a detective story like no other.”

Also, a mysterious woman who holds the key to solving the case investigated by the two officers will be played by Yomini cooperaka Yuriko! She had attracted attention when reports had surfaced about her dating actor Tamaki Hiroshi.

source: music japan plus

Guest keiryu40

Japanese dramas suck, period. When it comes to Asian dramas, just leave it to the Koreans or Hong Kong. The japanese should stick to their horror occult films or anime. The only good police drama I saw is Officer Ichiro.

Guest Srta. Confitura

^ That's your opinion and I respect it. But many of us really enjoy them ;):D

This will be a must watch drama ^^. I love the cast <3

I'll be looking forward ;)

Japanese dramas suck, period. When it comes to Asian dramas, just leave it to the Koreans or Hong Kong. The japanese should stick to their horror occult films or anime. The only good police drama I saw is Officer Ichiro.

Oh wow what a foolish thing to say

anyways....are they coming to NY to film this???

I hope so ...but why do I have a feeling that Shun Oguri's dad dies from a bunch of gangsters??

Only time will tell.....

so immature... :lol:

are you 14 or something?coz you sounded like one.

Guest °..a²

Wow, I'm surprised you think Hong Kong and Korean dramas are better. I on the other hand think Japanese dramas are waayyy better than the aforementioned. They're way more creative for one thing, they're not repetitive, and they don't drag on forever and ever. But to each his own.

I love Oguri Shun, but Mizushima Hiro......ehhhhh....I think I've suffered enough of him in MR.BRAIN. I can't stand his bulging "surprised" look. Lets just hope he'll be better in this one...

I guess you're just too young to make such judgement! Gosh, K-dramas are just too melancholic for the same love triangle kind of stories and I'm getting tired of it.

Btw, Shun is back again with a detective role. B) .. can hardly wait for it..

Guest strawberrynkiwi

YES Hiro is acting as a rebel character. I think his messy hair and his whole look fits best with badass characters. lol

to keiryu40's comment - Every countries drama has their strong points. For police drama, I have to say Hong Kong drama does it really well. As for life/themed/ other genres, jdorama got it in the bag for many years. I guess kdrama is good for their tragedy love stories and I guess they have the most variety of love triangles. Taiwanese drama is good for their idol fairytale like stories.

Guest mighty_cindy

I love watching K-dramas but J-doramas definitely do not suck. J-dramas have more variety and depth. They don't focus much on love triangle which is very common in k-dramas.

I'm looking forward to this drama because of Shun :wub: he's more than an eye-candy but a very good actor also.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived