[Jdrama Fall 2009] Tokyo Dogs ~ Saiaku De Saikou No Partner~

Immortal_Angel

I'm only updated until episode 2 since the subs are only up to episode 2...

this series is really fun to watch...

especially when Sou is in a mission and his mom would call him... XD

that's really hilarious...

he's serious but sometimes the stuff he is saying is really funny... XD

I think Yuki is starting to like Sou...

or is it just me?

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest moony8705

First off I start out by saying I have always loved Oguri Shun's acting skills and in Tokyo DOGS I actually for the first time find him attractive. He's doing a great job yet again. Mizushima Hiro on the other hand.... I know a lot of people have been saying this but please lose the facial hair and stop over acting. In his non comedic scenes he is really good but otherwise.... not so much.... In some moments in the show I'm not sure how to take it. Do cops in Japan fire their gun so much and beat suspects up like that or are they trying to be comical? Now on to the characters.... Sou is by far my favorite character. I love when Sou and Marou interact in their fast pace dialog during their cases and when Sou gets a the inevitable call from his mom. I also love when Sou and Yuki interact. In fact after watching episode 4 I think they have a past. The guy in Yuki's flashback that was held at gunpoint I think might be Sou. Its a guy in suit with his hair cut. Plus as I think they have a past. The guy in Yuki's flashback that was held at gunpoint I think might be Sou. Its a guy in suit with his hair cut.Plus as someone in this thread has mentioned he doesn't use a chan/san with her. Well thats my theory and take about the show so far anyway...

Guest novemberbaby

First off I start out by saying I have always loved Oguri Shun's acting skills and in Tokyo DOGS I actually for the first time find him attractive. He's doing a great job yet again. Mizushima Hiro on the other hand.... I know a lot of people have been saying this but please lose the facial hair and stop over acting. In his non comedic scenes he is really good but otherwise.... not so much.... In some moments in the show I'm not sure how to take it. Do cops in Japan fire their gun so much and beat suspects up like that or are they trying to be comical? Now on to the characters.... Sou is by far my favorite character. I love when Sou and Marou interact in their fast pace dialog during their cases and when Sou gets a the inevitable call from his mom. I also love when Sou and Yuki interact. In fact after watching episode 4 I think they have a past. The guy in Yuki's flashback that was held at gunpoint I think might be Sou. Its a guy in suit with his hair cut. Plus as I think they have a past. The guy in Yuki's flashback that was held at gunpoint I think might be Sou. Its a guy in suit with his hair cut.Plus as someone in this thread has mentioned he doesn't use a chan/san with her. Well thats my theory and take about the show so far anyway...

I agree with your theory. Perhaps Yuki has seen him before, like when he was in NY, investigating Jinno's whereabouts. But I don't think Sou knows Yuki because if he does, he would have recognized her right away at the beginning. But I agree that the guy held at gunpoint could be Sou.

Honestly, I'm not really liking Maruo all that much. His tactics to get close to Yuki are really annoying at some points. Haha, maybe I'm just biased because I like Sou and Yuki together. Just the way they look at each other is pretty interesting.

Guest moony8705

I agree with your theory. Perhaps Yuki has seen him before, like when he was in NY, investigating Jinno's whereabouts. But I don't think Sou knows Yuki because if he does, he would have recognized her right away at the beginning. But I agree that the guy held at gunpoint could be Sou.

Honestly, I'm not really liking Maruo all that much. His tactics to get close to Yuki are really annoying at some points. Haha, maybe I'm just biased because I like Sou and Yuki together. Just the way they look at each other is pretty interesting.

I really don't like Maruo either or his tactics to get close to any girl. The word "creepy" comes to mind. If Hiro wasn't so over the top or the writers worked on his back story more (which in my opinion could have been much deeper), then maybe he would have stood a chance against Sou. Sou has a lot of layers. I mean I would have never thought that he would know the song that Yuki sang in the first episode or know that much about Doramon. He is not just the straight laced cop, he's a lot more. Oh and on kind of a side note, I love the end song! Futatsu no Kuchibiru by EXILE; already have it on my Ipod! The video is really good too.

Guest yunshin_*

Haha, omgosh I LOVE this drama! It's like drama of the season for me (along with IRIS). I like Oguri Shun's look in this drama too. The plot is alright, but I hope they up the excitement soon. My favorite parts so far are whenever Sou & Maruo argue. Man they argue about the most ridiculous things at the worst times and it's always interrupted by Sou's mom calling LOL.

Guest iluvjin

Interesting but i doubt that guy was Sou. Sou has good memory and from what i see if it was him he could know he never lets any clues get away. Oguri is doing a great job over all. I can't believe he likes to play second lead more than first lead!! Can't wait to see more!!

i'm still a bit confused. When Yuki said she was held at gunshot, it flashes to her hiding in the closet instead...really lost now O.O

i just finish watching episode 4 and I love how Sou was like "Its against the rule to overflow!" but all the other housewives was just stuffing nonstop hahaha

Guest moony8705

i'm still a bit confused. When Yuki said she was held at gunshot, it flashes to her hiding in the closet instead...really lost now O.O

i just finish watching episode 4 and I love how Sou was like "Its against the rule to overflow!" but all the other housewives was just stuffing nonstop hahaha

Yuki wasn't held at gunpoint was she? And I don't think that was a closet, although that was what i thought at first. It was a bedroom... that was really dark? I need to re-watch those scenes. I love Sou! Isn't he adorable.

Guest moony8705

Does anyone know when ep 5 is coming out? D:

The raw is up on dramacrazy. The subs will be out on Saturday like usual. The show airs on Monday nights.

Guest mangchilo

The first episode of this drama made me kind of wary and unsure it would be any good (I even thought it might end up being horrible), but I've come to enjoy it after watching the first four episodes. For one thing, it's nice to see Oguri Shun looking all neat and professional--I knew there had to be a hottie in there somewhere! If only he'd keep his hair nice and short like this from now on. He does a good job of being a very deadpan comedic character. Is it just me, or are most of his characters on the quiet side without too much of a sense of humor of their own even if they're unintentionally funny? That seems to be sort of his thing.

Mizushima Hiro, on the other hand, over acts to the point that it's too overdone to be funny most of the time, as others have already said, and he has the most pitiful little mustache and goatee going on. I have some trouble believing that a detective in Japan could really get away with that hairstyle so easily, too. I'd enjoy this drama more without him (more because of the painfully overdone acting than because of how he looks, of course). I kind of couldn't stand Yuki at first, either, but that was because of the character and not the acting. I don't really mind her now. Her interactions with the other characters can be pretty cute.

This show's humor is honestly a bit lame a lot of the time, but I've ended up enjoying it more and more anyway. XD Like the housewives at the sale stuffing away and all the inconvenient calls from Sou's wacky mother that he always picks up and takes so seriously. I LOVE the way his mother speaks. For some reason, the bread company threat letter in this last episode got me, too. Probably because of the cute little drawing on it when it's supposed to be intimidating and everyone's taking it so seriously, and because maybe you wouldn't think that anyone would actually threaten a bread company for money, even though we find out about the job offer withdrawal later. A LOT of this show's humor involves characters being very serious about things that normally aren't viewed as serious; it seems to be the writers' favored way to elicit laughter.

You know what's scary? I think I know someone who would actually be just as extreme as Horikawa's girlfriend if she could. His girlfriend is so creepy, but she's just an exaggeration of the type of girlfriend we probably all know or will know at some point. She's scary, but even scarier because of how much truth there is to her character and how much of a stretch of the imagination she actually isn't.

Guest moony8705

Uso daro ne? Yuki can't be Jinno's lover right?! Wouldn't he be old...? But it was just in the preview so maybe not... Marou wasn't too annoying in episode five. It was so cute when So came home and Yuki was going to the kitchen and they did that little thing trying to get past the other. Oh and Yuki drunk hilarious. She so got jealous when "overheard" So's phone call. Which I think is evidence that she and So have some kind of past. Even though she doesn't remember it the feelings are still there. Thats why he is pushing more to get her memories back. I hope So is her lover not Jinno. I think you all can tell which pairing I'm hoping for, if there is a pairing in the show. I'm also glad that So did some opening up in this episode. :D

im glad they added a touch of humor into the story otherwise I could have found it too serious, especially when Sou's mom would randomly call him when he's on a stake out or catching criminals. Love that part when she called up to ask what kind of fish they would buy for the aquarium and he said NEMO. Haha. His family is funny. Anyhow the show is getting interesting with Yuki slowly trying to remember her past.

Archived