[Jdrama Fall 2009] Tokyo Dogs ~ Saiaku De Saikou No Partner~

Immortal_Angel

Guest miki_chan

^ AWESOME.

Oguri cut his hair :o, though it kinda suits him ;D

Its another drama added into my to-watch list.

Japanese dramas suck, period. When it comes to Asian dramas, just leave it to the Koreans or Hong Kong. The japanese should stick to their horror occult films or anime. The only good police drama I saw is Officer Ichiro.

I know you're entitled to your own opinions but I've got to say that Japanese dramas do not suck at all. Each country has its own charms with their dramas.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

UPDATE NEWS:

EXILE does "Tokyo DOGS" theme

Popular group EXILE has been chosen to do the theme song for the drama series "Tokyo DOGS," which premieres next month. The song is a ballad titled "Futatsu no Kuchibiru."

This will be EXILE's first time providing a main theme for Fuji TV's Monday night drama time slot, though their debut single "Your eyes only" was used as an insert song in 2001's "Dekichatta Kekkon." For "Tokyo DOGS," they will also do an insert song.

"Futatsu no Kuchibiru" will be released as a double A-side with "THE GENERATION" on November 11.

tokyograph

ok ok ok ok ok ok

number1. oguri shun is smokinnnnggggggggg in this drama. psh-yeaaah!

number 2. exile's song is AMAZINGGGG.

number 3. mizushima hiro finally has a role that is so masculine! (well, kamen rider.. and his recent movie... were masc.)

but anyway, i still dont like that they gave him an awkward looking mustache tho.

but OGURI SHUN!!! doesnt he look sharp in his new haircut? personally, i like it better than his long hair.(minus the hanazawa rui hair)

anyway, ill stop my spazz attack. ^_^

cant wait til tokyo dogs comes out!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest mighty_cindy

Top 10 Most Anticipated Fall Doramas

All the big TV stations revealed the stories and casts of their upcoming doramas and now Oricon made a survey to find out which dorama the viewers anticipate the most this upcoming season. "Liar Game 2" is the big winner of this survey, followed by Oguri Shun’s "Tokyo DOGS" and the business dorama "Fumo Chitai" (all on Fuji TV).

There's a lot of anticipation for the 2nd place, "Tokyo DOGS" with Oguri Shun as well. "It’s unusual for a detective dorama to air on the Monday-09pm time slot, so I’m really looking forward to this one." To quote one of the people from the survey. Seems like Fuji TV is on the right track with both, fresh new ideas and the continuation of old successful stories.

read the rest of the article in Kawaii Joyuu

PIX FROM TOKYO DOGS' WEBSITE

2zyfodk.jpg34dsjti.jpg149cole.jpg

2wd673r.jpg

Guest jebabe19

I love how all the lead stars are publicly taken... Shun with Yamada Yu, Mizushima with Ayaka and the girl with the Nodame Cantabile lead guy.... :)

CANT WAIT SUPER...

Guest inubaka25

CAn't wait omgsh

soo excited for this

oguri shun looks hottt

and mizushima hiro is always great.

this will be awesome

i think im goign to like this more than the miura haruma drama.

Guest jollibee

my gosh...

oguri grew up a lot...

i was used to watching him in teeny roles...i love him and definitely watching this...thanks guys!!!

Guest ethopia

wow shun and hiro!! cant wait to watch this..

wow shun will portray a NY cop?? and then be sent to japan?? hiro the hot headed cop?? liking the story already!

Oguri Shun and Mizushima Hiro Not "Partners" But "Lovers"!?

On October 8th at a hotel in Odaiba, Tokyo, a press conference was held for the new TV drama series to begin on October 19th titled ‘東京DOGS / Tokyo DOGS'. On that day a typhoon had landed and weather conditions were very bad. But Oguri Shun was unfazed. He seemed more excited about playing for the first time a lead role in a ‘getsuku' drama. [‘Gestsuku; 月9' literally means Mondays from 21:00. It is widely considered the time when the most popular dramas are broadcast.] “I hope the storm will bring in good luck for the drama. I'm going to give the drama all I've got.” Oguri plays the role of an elite detective belonging to the NYPD. Costar Mizushima Hiro becomes a police officer who is part of the Special Investigation Team of the Metropolitan Police Department. Together the two men tackle a hard to crack criminal case.

Along with Oguri and Mizushima, Yomini cooperaka Yuriko also attended the conference. She plays the role of a ‘mysterious woman'. Standing beside the two good-looking actors, Yomini cooperaka made everyone laugh by commenting “I'm beginning to have special feelings for the two. How can I help it?”

Oguri was then asked if he recently had felt any ‘special feelings' for somebody. Oguri answered “After filming on location in New York, we got on a plane to go back home. Hiro-kun began sleeping next to me, and when I saw his beautiful face I thought ‘I won't mind becoming lovers with Hiro.'” Mizushima quickly responded to Oguri's show of affection by talking about something that happened when the two actors had appeared in the same late-night music program. “When we were waiting back stage for our turn to appear, I told Shun-kun “You don't look like the type that gets nervous.” But he answered “Actually, I can't stand these kinds of situations.” He looked meek and very cute. He is usually extremely passionate about his work, but the way he acted that day was markedly different. He was really adorable.” After hearing Mizushima's comments Oguri quickly shot back “Let's start seeing each other after the whole drama's complete.” Oguri seemed very much at ease with his ‘partner'!

credit : musicjapanplus

Guest RYUUSEi

I don't dislike facial hair but that just looks ... quite disgusting, Hiro. :( He's usually so handsome, I hope it's only his look for this drama.

Archived