How Old Is Your Computer?

Guest randomdiscussionblog

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest DiscoSarah

I have 2 computers. My MacBook is 3 /12 years old, my Windows 7 one is 2 months old.

I mostly use the Mac one. The other one was a gift.

Guest sallyen

Soon 3 years and it cost me under 2k... Even though it's a crappy laptop and is currently under repair, I love it!

But I really one a macbook pro! :-( Why are they so expensive!!!

Guest dreamy21

I'm so happy I threw away my 4 year old Dell Inspiron laptop. The piece of junk never worked properly.

Hard drive problems..sound working on and off...overheating...charger not working...Good riddance.

I bought an HP Pavillion g4. It's not the best, but it still works 10x better than the Dell.

built one at 2008 since then...

sold e8400 and bought q9550

gpu: my old x850xt from previous build > gtx275> hd6850(I sold gtx275 for 200 right before 6850 came out lol)

gave 2gb ram to my dad went to 4gb crucial ballistix

gave 320gb hdd to my dad went to 1tb

things original from 2008 that i havent changed

p5qpro mother board

antec 300 case

silverstone strider 700w psu

I love my computer and its funny that we can create such bonds with a machine. I actually miss my old build, first build from 03. I find this love strange cause although newer stuff is better, faster, etc... , there's something about ones own personal PCs that have a special place in our hearts.

this is totally irrelevant to computers but I'm just gonna say it cause it just popped in my mind...

I was unfortunate to not have a SNES when growing up but many of my friends and cousins did and I'd always go over and spend time watching and playing snes games with them. when the machines got a little older the SNESs all had different characteristics that only the owners knew how to deal with. Sometimes you gotta hit the game cartridge at a certain angle on the machine to get the game started, or blow it hard harmonica style, but even after knowing all this, only the master had the special touch to get the game machine started right away.

Although modern day PC aren't as finicky as the dated snes, I still feel somewhat attached to my PC like the bond of snes and its original owners. lol its late, and i think of weird mini cooper at night, but anyone feel the same?

Guest jaekyung03

My MacBook Pro is 3 days old lol My Sony Vaio F Series is just over a year old. The Vaio is great for performance uses but it's so damn loud. I bought my MBP for school. It's smaller and apparently, I need a Mac for my program. Maybe it was just an excuse to get a Mac? XD

• 2 weeks later...
Guest mynameisharry

About a year and a half old and still running as smoothly as the day I bought it. (iMac mid 2010 version) before that I only had one laptop that lasted me like 3-4 years, but it was in pieces at the end LOL... the family computer is more than 5 years old though (still has XP)... and it's slow as fuuuuu! We had the one before that even longer... I remember... Windows Vista was about to come out or had just come out and we still had Millenium (Oh god!)

• 2 weeks later...

Desktop: Got it in fall of 2007. Still works fine, I just don't have a lot of RAM, so I can't really play the new games that uses a lot of memory, unless I buy more. I'm probably going to get a new one in a year or two so I don't care since I got an Xbox anyways. My graphics card is still OK (bought an expensive one back in the day). lol I busted my USB port at the front...a cable is probably loose...

Netbook: 1 years old? got it for travelling. It's ok. I just can't play HD videos :(

Guest mystified

My laptop is 4 years old. It's in good condition but it's not good enough for what i need to do with it anymore :(. I need one with a better graphics card

• 2 weeks later...

I have 4 desktops:

1. 7 year old Compaq, runs XP with Pentium 4 & 512mb of ram. This is my surf and turf computer. I do all my d/ling with this computer.

2. 5 year old Dell Dimension - also running XP with Pentium 4 & 3GB ram and a couple of HD's in it. Hardly use it now put will replace

the Compaq when it goes.

3. Last Christmas picked up a X-machine for $299 from Amazon.com. It's came with Win 7 & AMD dual core processor with 4GB ram.

I added 4 more GB of ram, a better Video card and a 650 PSU. All three upgrades me about $130.

4. About 6 months ago picked up a HP with Win 7, AMD quad core processor and 4GB ram for again $299. Just added another 4GB ram.

Archived