How Old Is Your Computer?

Guest randomdiscussionblog

Guest CherriChuu

My HP laptop is about 3-4 years old now. I really want to get a new laptop though because it doesn't let me watch videos on it anymore for some reason (its not because of adobe flashplayer, I always update those when needed), popups are starting to pop up randomly alot more often then before, the internet restarts all the time, and without it being plugged into the charger it now only lasts about 30 minutes....I hate it so much. :tears: 

Can't wait to get the Macbook Pro, thats for sure. dry.gif

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest mischiefpho

My computer case and monitor are about 6 years old (finally got a new monitor for Christmas), but the parts inside my computer are maybe a year old or so. Definitely need to get a new computer so that I can upgrade my parts ^^:;

• 3 weeks later...
Guest masterofceremony

I have 4 desktops:

1. 7 year old Compaq, runs XP with Pentium 4 & 512mb of ram. This is my surf and turf computer. I do all my d/ling with this computer.

2. 5 year old Dell Dimension - also running XP with Pentium 4 & 3GB ram and a couple of HD's in it. Hardly use it now put will replace

the Compaq when it goes.

3. Last Christmas picked up a X-machine for $299 from Amazon.com. It's came with Win 7 &  AMD dual core processor with 4GB ram.

I added 4 more GB of ram, a better Video card and a 650 PSU. All three upgrades me about $130.

4. About 6 months ago picked up a HP with Win 7, AMD quad core processor and 4GB ram for again $299. Just added another 4GB ram.

Wow, lot of desktops!

What you actually do with last 2 ones? :)

-----------------------------

I do have

- desktop with AMD Athlon which is almost 9 years old, a bit tuned. Currently - 2Ghz, 768 mb ram, 80 gh of HD,

- and as well 5 years old Toshiba's laptop.

Not have a plans to replace them...they are quite fine :)

Guest -mangoV_V

I got my computer on 19 May, 2010. I've been meaning to get a new one for a while. There isn't really anything wrong with my current desktop, I just wanna have a stronger computer happy.gif

Guest ignoreme

My emachines laptop is like nearly 3years old...it is slower but hey..it was fast once! I'll probably get a new laptop/macbook in a years time or so but I will still use this laptop for other purposes. The PC my dad owns is nearly 7years old and it just got upgraded to WindowsVista so it runs like a new one.

Guest YoshiWorld2

I custom built mine 3 years ago and already have a few parts for my next PC build. smile.gif

YO Intel, where's Ivy Bridge! sad.gif

DONE.

my sony vaio just hit two years. with all the blue-screening, lagging, and crashing, i might get a new one soon. still debating whether or not to get a macbook pro since i'm into making videos but it's just so expensive :\

Archived