[drama 2009] Heading To The Ground 맨땅에 헤딩

Guest Q_Park

Guest yoyo_yoyo

[TRANS] 091105 U-Know Yunho's Rediscovery through 'HTTG' - 'His Passion For Challenges Shone Through'

Nowadays, the critiquing of dramas takes its basis from ratings.

When the rating are high, a drama is seen as successful and good, while low ratings make a drama, as well as the actors, a failure. This is why the deciding factor of most of the media's critiques of a successful actor and a failed actor depend on whether that actor was in a drama with high or low ratings.

imlg.jpg

ewnk.jpg

U-Know Yunho of MBC's 'Heading to the Ground', which ended on the 4th on a gloomy note with 16 episodes, received such appraisal as well. But U-Know Yunho was different. U-Know Yunho, who temporarily left his title as leader of idol group TVXQ that swept all of Asia of its feet to try his hand at acting, grew as an excellent actor despite the fact that his drama received low ratings. Instead of drawing the limit from failure, he worked harder to improve his acting skills.

U-Know Yunho was rediscovered through 'Heading to the Ground'. During the drama, he showed the viewers who actor Jung Yunho, not singer TVXQ's U-Know Yunho, was. According to those involved with the drama, U-Know Yunho matured and grew rapidly as an actor in 'Heading to the Ground' from episode 1 to 16. The insufficiency of episodes 1 and 2 were filled by episode 3 and 4 and he began to show a more mature acting through episodes 5 and 6 and began drawing the viewers' attention.

The decision to partake in 'Heading to the Gorund' in itself was a great challenge to Jung Yunho. In the case of most rookie actors, they choose characters that will continue and better their popularity and image such as flower boys, business tycoons, charismatic guys, bad boys, or geniuses. But U-Know Yunho broke out of his image as an idol on stage and showed a quite different side of himself. He wanted to be reborn as an actor. To overcome the handicap of it being an idol star's first acting attempt, he went head on with situations in the drama without the use of a stunt double and won.

His character Cha Bong Goon was more memorable because he was not a cool character, but one who seemed to be lacking in some way. He showed everything from bizarre facial expressions to comical dancing. Although the charisma of TVXQ he had built up since his debut had disappeared, he was able to show everyone the birth of Actor Jung Yunho.

TVXQ's U-Know Yunho, who now has five years of a singing career under his belt, has evolved into a talented singer but has just begun to mature as Actor Jung Yunho. His youth and passion for challenges are beautiful, there are hopes to see what else Actor Jung Yunho has to offer in dramas and in movies.

Source: [newsen+DNBN]

Translation credits: jeeelim5@tohosomnia.net

Shared by: tohosomnia.net

Do not remove/add on any credits

Leader sshi ...we're always proud of you forever... Hwaiting!!!! :)

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yoyo: Thanks for the article.

I wish some director pick Yunho for a real movie, because I want to see him on a big screen and actually pay to support him. Well, the real reason is movies usually invest more budget than TV series do.

I miss Maxim, DongHo and S4. T-T

A New YunRa Picture:

b81kxv.jpg

28conec.jpg

Another fan account said that he got to see Ara before the farewell party and he saw her crying really hard. =(

- Kyu

Guest SciTechian

i don't know if this has been posted yet, but if it has been, this is worth posting twice. lol

its a fancam of the kiss scene in the last episode and it was pretty cute how yunho made an ng because he tried to kiss ara will she was looking somewhere else. ara was taken aback and then she starts laughing. there is another scene in there where it looks different from the kiss scene that we saw in the episode so i was led to believe that it is another version of the kiss. and another lol at the end when all of the soccer team comes and after yunra kiss and they start bothering them.

aw50ft.jpg

Guest jerryyan

thanks for more pics of yunho at the HTTG farewell party, and the pic of yunho & ara at the party is loved, I wonder if yunho got emotional like ara too at the party? I too hope that HTTG will be a foundation for yunho's acting career and that he will get pick to be in a movie in the near future.

Guest jerryyan

is there any clip of the ng of the kiss between yunra?

and any1 know if mbc will be releasing a footage of all the ng scenes and/or behind the scenes of HTTG?

Guest jerryyan

Kyu: thanks so much for posting that link, I just finished watching it and it was exactly what I was looking for.

I really like the interactions between yunho and the other cast members from the ng clip, and it was so funny yet adorable with yunho's reaction when he missed kissing ara for the scene. He was so embarrassed I could tell and then afterward when yunra did the scene ok, the other soccer players were being playful by teasing the 2 and wrapping around them with a blanket, how cute.

Guest jerryyan

thasaranaki: thanks so much for the pics of the cast members attending the HTTG party, esp. yunho is looking so handsome and hot in the black leather jacket. They all look great.

And the 2 pics of ara that Schumiever added she looks SOOOOOOO pretty in that sweater and pull back hairstyle.

Guest yoyo_yoyo

staffyuibkk5.jpg

staffyuibkk.jpg

credits: uknowbar

thank all for sharing those pics ..

I see ..Yunho's so handsome ...

..ara's eyes red for crying T.T

...and HTTG crew very happy and warm ...

Guest jerryyan

yeah, poor ara, can tell she has been crying at the party b/c her eyes are puffy and red but still looking very beautiful.

By any chance are there clips of the httg party anywhere on the net yet? if so, please share and post here please.

Guest thasaranaki

Thanks for the news, I am so proud of Yunho that he dared to took this role which showed different side of him, just like the article stated, normally people will choose a wealthy or charisma role for their first debut, but Yunho is different, he did not care about his image or anything, he just wants to show his acting skills and the other sides of him.

The NG vid of Yunho spin and kissed Ara was soooo cute, I love when Yunho lifted Ara's up and spin around, they look like kids there! And I also love after Yunho finish kissing Ara, all the soccer casts just wrapped Yunho in the blanket, and started to tease him hahahaha.. soooo cute! You can tell that they are very close indeed!

This maybe a stupid question

but who is the lady in orange in all the HTTG wrap up party pictures?Producer,writer,or????

I am watching the subbed episode 16 the little bits that are subbed I watch..There are so many parts I loved watching. Being a Yoonji fan I have to say I loved the role she had. The part where she's eating /cooking and her mother says why aren't you out with your friends...Yeon Yi sits and asks why her mother likes Dong Ho so much and the answer was so what a mom would say..he is good to you,thinks you are beautiful and he likes you. The part where she comes into the room and her mom is watching Bong Goon on the TV the mom asks if Dong Ho reached germany...Yeon Yi replies not yet he's on a plane still..leads me to assume the two talked before he left..anyway it is only a drama and I'm not going to get crazy over the couples because it is a Drama. The drama probably brought everyone closer and ofcourse they are going to cry and be emotional at the end..it's only human.

..Oh I forgot my favorite epi 16 scene had to be the cell phone message Dong ho sent to Yeon Yi

That was just too cute....

I'll come back with some screencaps later:)

Guest jerryyan

Kyu: thanks for more pics from the party, the same lady with other cast members.

sqd66: I wonder who she is too b/c she take pics with almost the whole cast, could she be a fan possibly?

Archived