[drama 2009] Heading To The Ground 맨땅에 헤딩

Guest Q_Park

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While I won't be making any comparisons between our two lovely lead ladies, I have this suggestion for new converts or continuing fans of Yoon Ji: To see this talented lady at her absolute best and playing in a series that far outstrips any of her contributions to projects present or past, please take the time to see her as the beautiful, sassy, and spoiled rich girl "Park Junjeong" in 2006's extended daily drama Pure in Heart (aka Pure 19 or Hearts of 19.) Playing the antagonist to lead lady and fellow best new actress (who shared the award along with Yoon Eun Hye who won for her work in Vineyard Man at the KBS year end awards in 2006) Goo Hye Sun, Yoon Ji is at he top of her game illicting smiles, swoons, and belly-laughs while both charming tormenting her beleagured family and boyfriend/husband played by actor Lee Min Woo.

As the most popular daily of the that year, this series was actually extended over 15 episodes due to it's popularity, chiefly due to the fact that our Yoon Ji's character proved so ultimately likable that more scenes were merited by both her and the amazingly adept GHS as these two young ladies tore up the screen and won ther hearts of so many viewers in the process. :P It's length gives viewers far more opportunities to see LYJ and the rest of the series' excellent cast, which includes veteran actress Yoon Yo Jung (who played the rich lady that Yunho's character takes to his home in HTTG as Yoon Ji's mother) at work. Not a single cast member is wasted here and, even at 167 episodes, if it were still running to this day, I'd probably still be watching it! :lol: Both Yoon Ji and Hye Sun are on fire from beginning to end in this one, trust me. ;) As a fan of both ladies and having seen all of the works of each to date, none (for me) touchs either the series or the work done by either Nonstop alumnis in Pure in Heart :D

P.S. Pure in Heart can be found in it's entirety at My Soju, Veoh, and several other sites on the net. Happy watching... :)

P.P.S. In answer to the above question: The remaining subs will probably be made available when the subbers have completed them.

meloi: thanks for sharing with us the fan account regarding a trip that the three took, just wish some1 can translate it in english so I can understand. I hope it is true, if it is, it sounds awesome, they all deserve a break and some rest to enjoy a trip, esp. yunho.

He says, he first saw LSY there and his girlfriend said she saw Yunho, too.

And then the couple waited for a while and found Yunho, Ara and LSY with their staffs getting out of a herb shop.

He says, LSY is tall and handsome, Ara's face is too small and Yunho looks just like when he's on TV.

I truly could guess he's not a fan!! lol

Guest jerryyan

meloi: oh so that's what the fan was saying, thanks so much for translating it so fast and now I can

understand it. And I agree with the fan on lsy being tall and handsome and ara's face is small, even if from seeing

in pics and on camera, but regarding yunho looking like he's the same on tv, I have read many fan accounts

of those that got to see yunho in person saying that he looks even more handsome in person, and I would have to agree with that.

And I am a lil confused, the fan is not a fan of which one of them?

meloi: oh so that's what the fan was saying, thanks so much for translating it so fast and now I can

understand it. And I agree with the fan on lsy being tall and handsome and ara's face is small, even if from seeing

in pics and on camera, but regarding yunho looking like he's the same on tv, I have read many fan accounts

of those that got to see yunho in person saying that he looks even more handsome in person, and I would have to agree with that.

Yeah, I agree with that. I think he just sounds like a pedestrian (maybe jealous? maybe his girlfriend went gaga for Yunho, who knows? hehe) who just happened to see them.

Definitely not a fan or anything.

And I forgot to add, he says he couldn't take a photo because the staffs wouldn't let him, which is understandable.

Guest jerryyan

meloi: agree with everything that you said and yeah, he probably isn't such a fan of yunho.

And thanks for adding the tidbit of why he couldn't take photos, though I wish he could have some

photos taken to share with us to make the account real and also we get to see them on that trip.

Really want to see yunho, lsy, ara, and the staff and why they went to the herb shop.

Guest kinkie_lass

thanks for the fan account. glad to know that they still hang around even after the drama wrapped up.

p/s: i've seen Yunho live once and boy is about 20 times better looking than he's on TV and i swear i'm not being biased :P

Softsubs Episode 14-16

yay my life is complete! finally I've got to watch the rest of the series with subs :D

thanks a million GOESS!!! orz

truly, watching this drama with and without subs are so different of an experience. the dialogues are so witty and awesome especially all the dialogues from agent Hong. omg that guy stole the show and cracked me up most of the time XD

since i have the rest of the episodes downloaded, i'm not sure if i'm going to buy the boxset. unless MBC put the extra something in the boxset then i might consider buying it, pretty please MBC

i really missed this series. like news article has been saying numerous times, the series started off shaky just like Yunho's acting but it's getting really good halfway towards the end. i'm loving the article recently posted in here about Yunho's growth as an actor. i'm hoping this drama will do better in Japan than in Korea. well my DBSK fans friends said they don't like Yunho in this drama because they can't stand seeing him acting a character that was stupid and childish because they was used to his DBSK leader sexy and manly image. that might be true to some point but i thought the point of acting was to be someone you're really not so Yunho aced that part. anyway since he's a total dork in Japan, i hope Japanese fans will adapt to Cha BongGoon's character much easier.

DISCUSSION:

i know most of us in here love the drama as a whole, but there must be some part of the drama that you didn't like, or some part that you thought should be omitted or at least acted out differently. which part was it? if it's me, i definitely would like to omit the part when BG fell off the bridge part for the first episode. the effect was too weird and the scene was so unnecessary for the first episode. viewers got confused because of that. i'm fine with the mental hospital arc but the building collapsing was a little too much even for me. another one, BG singing checkmate. that was way too cheesy and cringe-worthy and oh-so-obvious product placement by SM Entertainment :huh:

haha i think that's all.

Guest thasaranaki

Wow, Yunho, Ara and SangYoon went to an Nami island?

So glad to heard that, no wonder why there were not any stalk pics of Yunho these days hehe!

I wonder how long did they stay there?

Hope they had lots of fun!

Some more BTS Pictures:

xmlt2q.jpg

1zlys93.jpg

16c0z15.jpg

r1aayu.jpg

3164z8k.jpg

Question: Who is your favorite couple between the secondary characters?

My favorite couple is between MyungKil and Coach Lee. Coach Lee was just too cute getting jealous and all. ^^

- Kyu

Poll:

1. Between ara and yoonji, who did you think gave a better performance?

2. Between ara and yoonji, who's character did you enjoy watching more?

1) Yoon Ji - her acting is more convincing, not just the acting but i think it's the whole package, from eye and facial expressions to body movements to delivery of the lines...she got it down. Her portrayal of her character showed why she deserved those awards she have received from the past.

2) Yeon Yi (Yoon Ji) - her loyalty to Boong Goon is very touching even in the face of rejection she still stood by him.

i am curious about the trip, is it recent or a while back? meloi or any1 know the date of the fan account.

The account in the link was posted at 22:21, Nov 10th and 'the writer' said he saw them 'today'.

And according to some stalker fan blogs, Yunho headed there in 9th.

^ Do you have the link?

I read another different fan account a while back, one that said that Yunho, his Guard, Yunho's manager, and Ara's manager all went bowling for a guy's night out.

- Kyu

Guest jerryyan

meloi: thanks for the information, so that's why indeed no stalking pics of yunho lately, like thasaranaki said.

Kyu: thanks for bts pics of seung woo & ara and also her and yunho. Also, wanted to ask you what happened to the 1st post of yours for every page at the top with all the information, are you updating it or something?

Question: Who is your favorite couple between the secondary characters?

Answer: Byul's mother and the hong manager, he was so funny in persuing her very subtly :)

Guest SciTechian

i think that ara did a better job in the acting because i just felt that she portrayed all of haebin's emotions so realistically and well. she did a wonderful job in all of the crying scenes and some of them were so emotional that it made you want to cry along with her. i too love the hilarious dorky hae bin and i can sense her inner turmoil with her family, her love and her job. ara does a good job with portraying the dislike of her stepmother but it seems natural at the end when hae bin slowly starts to except her. we can see hae bin struggling to control her feelings for bong goon and trying harder to like seung woo. we can see that she is frustrated with the sexism and all of the remarks about being a female agent. it takes a lot of work and talent to be such a versatile character and ara has received a lot of praise about that. i would have to say that ara gave a better performance.

i also enjoyed watching ara's character more because (like Q_Park said) i've been rooting for the bonghae couple since day 1 and i've been watching out for ara. i just love the complex character of haebin but my favorite scenes with her are when she is dorky hae bin with her spunky and vibrant personality. it's just so heartwarming to watch and i truly enjoy every scene with hae bin in it.

if you guys are interested in seeing another drama with ara in it, who are you? is an excellent choice. this was also another mbc wednesday/thursday drama. it is very heartwarming and it has a little bit of everything: romance, suspense, comedy, melo, etc. ara plays son young in who is a girl that is fresh out of high school and wants to be a manhwa artist. her dad dies but the reaper gives the dad a second chance by letting the dad enter cha seung hyo's body for a couples of hours everyday. this drama is really unique because there has never been a kdrama plot like this and all of the actors in the drama really add something special to it, just like heading to the ground.

i was on popseoul and look: http://popseoul.com/2009/11/10/before-they...etter-as-a-man/

do i see a young "kyungrae" or is that my eyes playing tricks on me?

Guest jerryyan

SciTechian: thanks for the recommendation of ara's drama who are you?

when I have time, I will search around and watch it to see more of ara's acting.

meloi: Thanks for the link! I just read it and . . .

오늘 남이섬갔다가 맨땅에헤딩 메인배우들 봤어요

Today I saw the cast of Heading to the Ground

이분이랑 비슷한사람이 보이길래 그냥 그런가보다 했는데...여자친구가 유노윤호도 봤다고 ㄷㄷㄷ

I saw somebody that looked similar to Lee Sang Yoon but I ignored him until my girlfriend said that she saw U-Know Yunho

어디 허브샵인가 들어간거같아서 기다려봤더니 꺅,.1`3`123132#!@!!ㅋㅋ 고아라 ~!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They went inside a herb shop so we waited when, kyak! Go Ara~!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

오늘 무슨 촬영있는건지 유노윤호 고아라 이상윤 셋이 직원인지 매니저들인지하고 같이왔나봐요

I don't know if they were filming but they were there with their managers.

이분은 진짜 키크고 잘생김...

Lee Sang Yoon is really tall and handsome.

날 구질구질한데 남이섬갔다가 고아라도 보고 뽕뽑았네여

That day wasn't very nice but I went and I went crazy after seeing Go Ara

jerryyan: I had to put part of the first post on the second post but other than that, everything else should be okay. BTW, if you want to see Who Are You? you can always check here on soompi and on mysoju. ^_^

- Kyu

Guest thasaranaki

Thanks Kyu for the translation!

So they were with their managers too, its kinda expected!

Its funny that the male fan started to noticed after his gf said she saw Yunho hehehe..

Lol, it seem like he is Ara's fan!

But how come he did not mention about Yunho? *jealous*.. kekkee

^ Haha, you're welcome. I wonder what they were doing since filming is over . . . maybe they were just hanging out.

It's been a pleasure translating things for the thread!

2qtcx2r.jpg

15etj4w.jpg

wi0goi.jpg

2w7obbp.jpg

142d07l.jpg

- Kyu

Archived