[drama2009] Dream 드림

Guest sayroo

• Replies 670
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi! Just started watching this drama. I think it's ok. I have yet to be impressed though. I'm coming straight from Brilliant Legacy so that might just be why I'm not super excited about this one XD. I heard the ratings for the first two episodes were pretty bad something like the 6% area.

On another note, what's up with Bum oppa!? He's looks like he's lost weight! And he has dark bags! He's turning into SeungRi XD.

SHINee to contribute to “Dream” OST

shinee_20090729_seoulbeats.jpg

Despite a gloomy start in ratings, SBS’ “Dream” OST is presenting SM’s noona favorites, SHINee, as one of its main artists. After singing for soundtracks like “The King And I (2007)” and this year’s hot drama “Boys Over Flowers”, the five lads have been granted main and ending theme “Countdown” which supposedly demonstrates the main emotions of the characters.

Though I’m unsure how the drama is going to play out with this song as accompaniment, I’d go as far as to say that it’s a nice change from “Juliette”. Frankly, the blasted song is getting quite annoying and I don’t think I’m on my own when I say I hope they go back to their “Replay” days.

“Countdown” is to be released on music site Melon on July 30, while the full OST is to be unveiled in early August.

Check out the snippet from Episode 1 and watch out for a blink-and-you’ll-miss moment at the end (hint: BOF actor)!

Source : seoulbeats

http://seoulbeats.com/2009/07/shinee-to-co...e-to-dream-ost/

Guest twistedhalo04

Finally found this. I have been looking for this. Never thought of checking soompi. hehe

I can tell this is going to be an awesome drama.

Guest s3rene

All I conclude from watching parts of episode 1 on mysoju so far is that Joo Jin Mo is pure eye-candy... whereas, Son Dam Bi seems bland and uninteresting. But it's early into the drama so I will conclude my final judgment of the cast until much later as the plot thickens. The drama is sorta interesting!!

SHINee’s OST for Dream Released!

SHINee sang the OST song called Countdown for the sports drama, Dream. Pretty boys singing the OST for a drama full of pretty boys and girls? Perfect! I can already see and hear the song in the background when the athletes are hardcore training. I am curious to see how this soundtrack will sound within the drama. Will it add to the intensity? We'll have to wait and see!

Source : allkpop

http://www.allkpop.com/index.php/full_stor...dream_released/

DREAM : EPISODE 2

July 30th, 2009 // by javabeans

dream2-090.jpg

Argh, Dream did it again. After Episode 1 had aired, I was on the fence about continuing the drama, but pretty close to jumping off that fence. Most of Episode 2 did little to convince me otherwise, and I was content to let this drama go on without me. But again, the last ten minutes managed to be more interesting than the first fifty combined, so I find myself dragged along a little bit longer. (Note: I don’t think I’m going to continue recapping — not unless Episode 3 is whiz-bam-bow! fantastic, and really, those odds aren’t high — just to let you know.)

The reason for my (and the public’s) lukewarm reaction, I think, is simple: When you put Kim Bum and Sohn Dam-bi together, meh. He’s adorable, she’s bland. Together, they’re boring. Then you try the combination of Sohn Dam-bi and Joo Jin-mo, but again, yawn. He’s great and she’s, again, bland, and together they are predictable.

But then you put Kim Bum and Joo Jin-mo together, as they do in this episode, and things finally wake up.

http://www.dramabeans.com/2009/07/dream-episode-2/#more-9364

Guest sondambifan

I guess everyone has their opinions...I simply disagree with some of Javabean's assessments.

I agree that JJM is very good. He is the main lead in the story so the focus should be on him. His character is also the only who who has enough time to develop his character thus far. We can see more of his background and motivations as the story moves along and 2 episodes in, he is the only one who has had enough time to show all sides of his character.

I completely disagree with him/her about Dambi. I know people might think I am biased but I cannot see why she is "bland". She is playing her character exactly as it is written thus far, a tomboy who does not take stuff from anyone. She has been on the screen for a total of maybe fifteen minutes in the two episodes and is almost a bit character thus far in the drama. It is completely premature to evaluate her character at this point, good or bad.

The true test of whether Dambi has acting skills is going to be when the drama focuses in on the interactions between the three major characters. Right now, JJM has about 75 percent of the screen time, KB about 20, and Dambi about 5.

I also disagree with Javabean's assessment as to the chemistry of the couples...

1) Dambi and KB has had only one scene together, which I thought was one of the funnier scenes in the drama thus far.

2) Dambi and JJM has had three scenes together in which they were fighting. Of course, the relationship between them thus far are predictable...they only had three scenes together that maybe combined for 5 minutes...

3) The supposed "great scene" between JJM and KB did not even involve any interaction between KB and JJM, just KB beating up the PSH character. I am not sure how that "interaction" changed the entire drama...the plot twist may have but the interaction certainly could not have because there was no interaction.

It's funny but I think Javabean is trying to find ways not to like this drama...he or she is stating that the worst part about the drama is that it's predictable but then admits that starting to get unpredictable. He/She decries the lack of sympathetic female characters but neglects to mentions that the two females have had maybe a total of 20 minutes of screen time in two episodes (heck, I have seen more of the PSH character and KB's father than I have KB, Dambi, and CYJ's characters). She claims that the lack of rating is because of the poorness of the drama but fails to cite that there is a huge ratings eater already 20 episodes in. (it's like saying a show is poor because its ratings are not good while going up against CSI.)

I know that I am ranting but I really hope that people don't miss out on this drama because of preconceptions and an unwillingness to move past one's own notions of what a drama should be. I seldom watch K-drama and got interested initially because of Dambi. However, I am starting to really like this drama for its plot and potential.

Guest babyblues7

Hey dambifan, I also do not find dambi bland but I think Javabeans just expressing his/her own opinions. And different people expects different stuff out of this drama, and not everyone looks at the bright side of things everytime. I mean look at the highly popular Boys Over Flowers, there are still many people unhappy even though many people love it. So I guess that's just the case with Javabeans. It's her/his blog ma, so she/he has the right to post her/his unhappiness lol.

In any case, let's just watch the drama and enjoy it. There will be people who love it and people who hate it. And I think the rest of us will not be so easily swayed by Javabeans' review, we should be able to judge for ourselves how the cast is or how the story line is. Plus, it's really true that dambi has not much screen time to date, we don't know much about her character except that she beats people up real easily hahhaha. So yeah, let's wait for it man. (:

Guest yumoreo5

Maybe when the story picks up with more Kim Bum scenes, the ratings will be better. Right now, it's just all about Jin Mo, not that it's a bad thing but I think a lot of people have been anticipating Kim Bum too and didn't expect him to have such little scenes in two episodes already when the news and everything was flashing it out that he was finally leading a drama.

Guest iceanger

haha i am so watching this drama cos theres dambi and JJM together!! and the song by SHINEE is really good too! i am beginning to like SHINEE cos of this!

i have a small favour though - not really related to the 'korean' aspect of this drama. In Episode 2 where Kim Bum meets his friend (who works at a disco club) at around the 26th minute of the show, there's a disco track that plays at the background. Does anyone happen to know what song that is? I have been looking around for this retro 80s song for so long!! If anyone can tell me it would be a great help~!

sondambifan: Meh, don't take it to heart. If you disagree with what she's said on her blog, just ignore it.

Plus, it's only 2 episodes in. It usually takes a few eps for dramas to get exciting, so she may end up changing her mind.

like babyblues7 said, we'll just have to wait and see. I have faith that this drama will be getting better, though. ^^

I don't think dambi's role is bland at all, it's just she needs some time to figure out how she's gonna portray it.

Haven't watched episode 2 yet, but will be doing so soon. :)

Guest sondambifan

@ babyblues7 and bORicha, thanks for the advice...probably should not be posting past midnight :P I like the drama because the 2nd episode is stronger the first...I have seen plenty of dramas where it seemed very interesting in the first few episode and then just crash and burns or simply drags.

I think that it took two episodes to really get the background all set up and now we will see what happens. The next few episodes will be the key as to how well this drama does...both in its quality and the ratings. It has all of the pieces in place...we will see if the execution is good.

Guest HelloOperator

Choi Yeo Jin is so hot in this drama !! that scene where she was wearing that low cut v neck i was like whoa massive cleavage o-o didnt kno her body was that hot?haha neway this drama is not bad, its beginning a bit eh but looking forward to it give it a try guys

Guest ripgal

The first episode was a bit boring, but I'm glad it picked up a bit in Ep 2.

Totally adored Jae Yul and Park Jung Chul's interactions... they were hilarious! :lol:

I agree with dramabeans that Joo Jin Mo is carrying the drama so far. His acting just overshadowed everyone else. But again, maybe because the 2 episodes focused a lot on him and his struggles that the rest seemed like sidekicks and all. Kim Bum's good but he tends to overreact at times while SDB's quite okay as a newbie in acting. Need to see more of them to judge better...

Just a question tho, just need to know something. What is the name the actor who plays the fighter Park Jung Chul? He looks really really familiar but I can't seem to figure out who he is. He may not be the lead and all, but I really liked how he played out his character. Soooo hilarious.. :lol:

And someone mentioned earlier about Hong Ah Reum? I think she appeared briefly in Ep 1. Think she was the girl whom Seok/KB's character was peeking thru the window when Seo Yeon hit him. A split second glance but I'm pretty sure it's her.

Archived