Song Joong Ki 송중기 - [Upcoming Movie 2024] My Name Is Loh Kiwan

gm4queen

1 minute ago, shadowhawk said:

His eyes!!!!! With so much left open ended I hope so much for a sequel. I know he has a lot on the table but if it can happen... for instance, he has that Bye Bye Balloon ticket an his statement that his island is a place to hide and heal, so in my mind he managed to get his adopted "little brother" away to do that, so he didn't have to face the legal problems of Babel. His father was never a satisfied equation, to there is that. And if a plot line were moved far enough into the future for his goddaughter to be dating and he has to come back to deal with a naughty boyfriend... there are so many things we could enjoy. I suppose I just don't want to let Mr. Corn Salad go. And, welcome to the Cassano Family!

@shadowhawk, Honestly, I'm not really into sequels, part2s, remakes because for me, nothing could surpass the original. But, in case, there's a sequel for this, I could always support SJK, why not? Thank you for welcoming me here! :sweet:

Welcome @willenette to Joong Ki's thread :)

Similar to you, I knew Song Joong Ki through Sung Kyun Kwan Scandal which I watched because of Micky Yoochun, but I have to say SJK and YAI outshone the other 2 leads.

I am thankful that Vincenzo gained SJK a lot of new fans. In terms of acting, especially his eyes, you should check out Nice Guy, it is a superb drama that made SJK popular in South Korea back in 2012 before he enlisted in the army. SJK was really impressive there, I mean he was already such a good actor then, 9 years ago :)

In Vincenzo, what surprised me the most was Joong Ki's action scenes. I have seen his action scenes from DOTS and Battleship island, but he has improved a lot in Vincenzo. His action scenes seemed effortlessly and of course he looks immensely cool and handsome there :wub:

In terms of Joong Ki's versatility, he played 2 twin brothers' roles in Arthdal Chronicles. They were separated since birth, grew up in totally different environment hence have different personalities. Joong Ki acted so well that we sometimes don't feel that only 1 actor portraying them. AC is my top favourite drama of Joong Ki and still patiently waiting for season 2 :)

New CF <3 My favourite actor in blue and white :wub:

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, EInfinity said:

Welcome @willenette to Joong Ki's thread :)

Similar to you, I knew Song Joong Ki through Sung Kyun Kwan Scandal which I watched because of Micky Yoochun, but I have to say SJK and YAI outshone the other 2 leads.

I am thankful that Vincenzo gained SJK a lot of new fans. In terms of acting, especially his eyes, you should check out Nice Guy, it is a superb drama that made SJK popular in South Korea back in 2012 before he enlisted in the army. SJK was really impressive there, I mean he was already such a good actor then, 9 years ago :)

In Vincenzo, what surprised me the most was Joong Ki's action scenes. I have seen his action scenes from DOTS and Battleship island, but he has improved a lot in Vincenzo. His action scenes seemed effortlessly and of course he looks immensely cool and handsome there :wub:

In terms of Joong Ki's versatility, he played 2 twin brothers' roles in Arthdal Chronicles. They were separated since birth, grew up in totally different environment hence have different personalities. Joong Ki acted so well that we sometimes don't feel that only 1 actor portraying them. AC is my top favourite drama of Joong Ki and still patiently waiting for season 2 :)

New CF <3 My favourite actor in blue and white :wub:

Hi, thanks for welcoming me here. Also, thanks for the recommendation of his other dramas, like Nice Guy. Actually, I've watched "Battleship Island" but, did that for Su Ji Sub back then. While I've also watched Arthdal Chronicles for Jang Dong Gun - hahaha - Thanks for sharing the clip of his Dr. Jill endorsement. :Megathanks:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, willenette said:

Hi, thanks for welcoming me here. Also, thanks for the recommendation of his other dramas, like Nice Guy. Actually, I've watched "Battleship Island" but, did that for Su Ji Sub back then. While I've also watched Arthdal Chronicles for Jang Dong Gun - hahaha - Thanks for sharing the clip of his Dr. Jill endorsement. :Megathanks:

Hahaha so you have accidentally watched most of SJK's dramas. And you might have watched DOTS? For someone else? :D DOTS is not my favourite drama but Captain Yoo is my favourite character, simply because to me Song Joong Ki looks the most handsome there :wub:

Awwww :heart:

Just now, EInfinity said:

Hahaha so you have accidentally watched most of SJK's dramas. And you might have watched DOTS? For someone else? :D DOTS is not my favourite drama but Captain Yoo is my favourite character, simply because to me Song Joong Ki looks the most handsome there :wub:

Awwww :heart:

*** Hahaha - sad to say, I did not. But, I think I will do it soon. This will be one on my watchlist already. :kitty:

Song Joong Ki became popular internationally thanks to DOTS back in 2016, it is definitely worth watching! And you watch it for SJK, not anyone else :D

Captain Yoo Shi Jin is not only handsome but fun, witty and mischievous. I have to say Joong Ki looks amazing in army outfits especially the green one :D

I think I have watched DOTS 4 times already :)

25 minutes ago, EInfinity said:

Song Joong Ki became popular internationally thanks to DOTS back in 2016, it is definitely worth watching! And you watch it for SJK, not anyone else :D

Captain Yoo Shi Jin is not only handsome but fun, witty and mischievous. I have to say Joong Ki looks amazing in army outfits especially the green one :D

I think I have watched DOTS 4 times already :)

*** Not only that, he's also handsome & appealing wearing formal police uniforms. :heart2beat:

Song-Joong-ki_inside.jpg

• Like 1

Song Joong Ki gives up part of his 9,000 sqft property so his neighbours can have a wider road

The land that the actor is offering to give up to the government for them to widen the roads would reduce his property by a sizeable amount

sjk.png

Seoul — South Korean actor Song Joong Ki, 35 was in the headlines not once but twice in the past couple of weeks for being an all-around nice guy. It was reported by Korean news outlets that he offered to give up 1,500 sq ft of the 9,000 sq ft home he owns in Itaewon after neighbours complained that the road between their houses was too narrow for them to navigate.

The land that the actor is offering to give up to the government for them to widen the roads would reduce his property by a sizeable amount, which is 16.7 per cent, according to 8days.sg.

In July, Song Joong Ki’s neighbours made a complaint against him for repaving a public road bordering his house. His neighbours were upset that works had caused the road to be elevated, and city officials eventually ordered the renovators to correct the issue.

hi_songjoongki.png

In 2020, Song Joong Ki began renovations on his Itaewon home after buying it for an estimated KRW10bil (SGD11.7 million). The actor’s other nice guy incident came from
a netizen who was in charge of the Korea International Accessible Dance Festival (KIADA). According to the netizen, the team contacted the actor to record a short video message with his phone to promote the festival. What the actor did surprised them all.

Song Joong Ki apparently went the extra mile by reading up on the festival’s six-year history, dressing up in a tux and recording a 49-second clip that explained what the festival was about.

credit : https://theindependent.sg/song-joong-ki-gives-up-part-of-his-9000-sqft-property-so-his-neighbours-can-have-a-wider-road/

• Like 1

On 8/14/2021 at 12:50 PM, ssteph said:

Song Joong Ki sent vitamins for Ji Jin Hee.

Second pic : SJK, Ji Jin Hee, and other actors spotted playing golf (2019 on Jeju Island)

Third pic : SJK, Ji Jin Hee, Jang Dong Gun, and other actors attended Joo Jin Mo's wedding (June 2019 on Jeju Island)

@ssteph thanks for sharing this. SJK is such a very NICE & warm friend. I guess their friendship started because they're

on the same Playboy's Baseball Team, right? Please correct me if I'm wrong.....    :shaq:

I also think Joong Ki knew Ji Jin Hee through friends, they haven't been in any project together. Probably through JDG when they all play golf together.

Joong Ki is definitely the best person to promote anti-aging products, he surely doesn't age at all :D

Ever since when I first knew him in SKKS, his skin still looks amazing! So jealous :)

And these pics were during his Battleship island filming time, shortest hairstyle he has ever had, he still looks handsome nevertheless :wub:

16 hours ago, ssteph said:

@willenette I think no. He isn't on the baseball team. He and Joo Jin Mo are in the same movie A Frozen Flower (with Jo In Sung too). I don't know how SJK is friend with Ji Jin Hee, maybe they met each other/other actors introduced them because they all love golf :D

@ssteph ohhh.................thanks for this. Now, I remember that SJK is not part of the team. OMG - was he part of the movie? I watched that for Jo In Sung - hahaha. I didn't recall at all that he's also starring in there. So, he loves golf, huh? :kitty:

These Were The TOP 50 Korean Star Brand Reputation Rankings For August 2021

The list includes K-Pop groups and idols, athletes, actors, and more!

The Korean Business Research Institute recently revealed the Korean star brand reputation rankings for August! These rankings are calculated by collecting data on consumer participation, media coverage, interaction, and community indexes of various Korean stars from July 16 until August 16. The list includes K-Pop groups and idols, athletes, actors, and other big names in South Korean culture!

36. Song Joong Ki

Brand reputation index: 1,633,772

source : Korean Business Research Institute

E84TRvvUYAcDMy4?format=jpg&name=large

*** I'm not really into season 2, part2s or remakes but, I think "Vincenzo" deserves a season2. Honestly, who doesn’t miss the Cassano Family? Who doesn't miss SJK's fatal charms alongside his eccentric partner and sharp-tongued lawyer Hong Cha Young (Jeon Yeo Bin). The drama’s ending gave us the much-anticipated kiss of Cha Young and Vincenzo, but only to go on their separate ways once again. So what happened? Did she follow him to his newly-purchased island and settle down with him? Since they have much gold in their possession, did the Geumga Plaza

residents fly to Malta to visit their old friend? Ohhh....give me those answers, please.    :wut:

*** For Arthdal Chronicles, the final parts were delivered through animated sepia slides, showing the war unfolding, the reunion of Tanya and Eun-Seom, etc. But…what happened next? It’s been some years and we’re still left hoping to see

Eun-Seom meeting his long-lost twin Sa Ya in the flesh.   :rubchin:

• Like 2

PHOTOS: 6 times Song Joong Ki slayed us with his power dressing on the red carpet

Decoding Song Joong Ki's 'suit game' in his red carpet appearances over the years.

song_joong_ki_velvet_touch_news1_pg_1.jp

Presenting some of our favourite photos which highlight Song Joong Ki's magnetic charm in a specially curated photo gallery.

Song Joong Ki looks handsome in a velvet suit as he strikes a pose on the red carpet.

Spoiler

song_joong_ki_smiles_on_stage_news1_pg_2

All Smiles!

Song Joong Ki smiling as light shines on his face.

song_joong_ki_the_little_prince_news1_pg

The Little Prince!

As the title goes, Song Joong Ki looks princely in a white suit as he strikes a pose.

song_joong_ki_bow_tie_news1_pg_4.jpg?ito

Suit Up!

Song Joong Ki looks handsome as he waves to the camera.

song_joong_ki_turtle_neck_news1_pg_5.jpg

Terrific Turtle Neck!

Song Joong Ki looks adorable in grey turtle neck suit.

song_joong_ki_resplendent_news1_pg_6.jpg

Formal Touch!

Song Joong Ki looks sharp in a suit as he poses with a mic on stage.

source : https://www.pinkvilla.com/photos/song-joong-ki/photos-6-times-song-joong-ki-slayed-us-his-power-dressing-red-carpet-860279/formal-touch

• Like 2

For me, Vincenzo's ending was good enough. Given the drama's dark genre, we won't get a clearly happy ending, it was left to our imagination, how our main couple will meet again and where :D

Arthdal Chronicles is different, season 1 ended with just basically the introduction, the main story is left untouched. I was so excited watching the animated preview, how the 2 twin brothers meet at battlefield, how they are probably switched... not knowing I would have to wait for so long for the 2nd season :(

Thank you for sharing the news and pictures! :wub:

• Like 2

Korean Actors And Idols Who Look Great In Military Uniforms

In Korea, as many know, men or young adults between the age of 18 to 28 must do their military service and many of our K-Drama oppas and K-Pop idols are not exempted from this rule. A lot of fans have their hearts broken each year as many of their favorite idols and actors have to embark on this compulsory military leave, with many calling for the government to cancel the rule.

While we are sad we won't see them as often as we like, we can always bask in our good they look in uniforms.

That said, here is a list of some of our favorite K-Pop idols and K-Drama actors who have made heads turn and hearts swoon in military uniform.

5. Song JoongKi

OSEN

The "Vincenzo" and "Descendants of the Sun" star enlisted in the military back in August 2013 as an active-duty soldier serving at the calvary division near the border of North Korea. It was released that Song JoongKi had some concerns about his age and his celebrity status with fears that people might treat him differently. However, it seems he overcame those fears and struggles as he looked extremely happy and charming in these released photos.

Nate

When asked about his military experience in an interview with Honey Lee at the Style Icon Asia Awards, he simply responded saying "Living as a soldier made me more mature and I was able to gain valuable life's experience." "I was worried about being afraid and lonely, but it was actually like a long break. A lot of my worries went away and it turned out to be a good experience."

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : https://www.kpopmap.com/korean-actors-and-idols-who-look-great-in-military-uniforms/

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Dear Oppa: An Indian fan of Song Joong Ki says that his ‘million dollar smile’ makes her heart flutter

sjk_main_1.png?width=752&format=webp&t=p

Song Joong Ki's Hallyu star position continues onwards and upwards with recent successful projects like Space Sweepers and Vincenzo being proof of the same. No matter who the character is, the 35-year-old actor masterfully treats fans with marvellous performances. For many, it's his tremendous Yoo Shi Jin act in Descendants of the Sun that made them loyal fans of the Baeksang Arts Award winning actor for life.

Today's heartwarming letter in our Dear Oppa series has been penned by Diya Paul from India to Song Joong Ki. Read her letter below.

Dear oppa, 

I'm Diya from India. I hope u are healthy and safe. You're the one of the reasons for my happiness. The first time I saw you in DOTS, I just fell in love with you and your character, and from then I just can't get over you. Your million dollar smile makes me smile and my heart flutters. You are one of my sources of inspiration and motivation. Every character that u played till now is just perfect. I can never imagine any other one playing those particular character better than you. I know that you don't know me, but I just wanna say I'm a girl who is crazy over you and wants to meet you once in my life.  

And I hope that you'll visit India soon to meet many of your fans, including me. 

Lastly I just  pray to god that may you get all the happiness,and may you get the bestest of everything. 

Saranghae oppa

Your sweetie

Diya Paul

source : https://www.pinkvilla.com/entertainment/dear-oppa-indian-fan-song-joong-ki-says-his-million-dollar-smile-makes-her-heart-flutter-862260

• Love 1