The Vampire Diaries

Guest sbq

sorry but i haven't been able to catch up on the episodes. i'm completely lost now and it gets too draggy for me when i attempt to watch it online. can anyone tell me the whole story about katherine and the brothers? i caught a glimpse at something like she was the one who turned both brothers or something. much appreciated! totally love damon though.

In the book, Katherine was their childhood friend where Stefan and Damon lived (in the same house) and they liked her the first time they saw her. but for some reason Stefan has this sweet side every girls like and Damon got jealous so he tries to destroy Katherine-Stefan relationship, but she also fell for Damon due to his bad boy side.In the novel, both knows she's a vampire because she has this uncurable illness and all sudden she got better, she also sorta mention it herself. So the brothers told her to choose between them and the way she does that is that she turn them into a vampire so they can be with her eternity. So later she turns them into vampires because she claims she loved them both and want them to be with her forever but since Stefan and Damon hated each other believing what Katherine did was selfish so they just ignore each other upsetting Katherine who went out in the sun and died and they cannot stand to be next to each other so they tried to kill each other blaming each other for Katherine death's and the way they turn into a vampire is when they killed each other. They died and turn into vampire themselves since Katherine bite them

as for the episode I believe its just show where Katherine's arrive at Mystic Fall where both brothers saw her the first time and fell in love with her along that line and she later turn them into vampires. (I didn't get a chance to watch the episode yet but from what I heard its similar to the novel just that they just change a bit bit indeed she did change them both into vampires

hope that helps a bit and there will not be a new episode this week but next week instead, they're airing it next week due to Halloween being on Thursday

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

im pretty excited for tomorrow's episode! i want to know what happens to vicki... i kind of pity her, but i wonder what will happen to her as well.... if elena doesn't want stefan, ill take him : >

^

oh so in the book katherine also fall for both brothers?

i thought she's only fall for stefan since in the show seems to focus on katherine/stefan or elena/stefan

no explanation bout damon yet lol

Yes in the novel she loved both brothers, Stefan was deeply in love with her but she loved both because Stefan had this sweet side she loves while Damon has this bad side she also love. To them she was selfish for turning both of them into vampires because she thought they three can live happily together but she was wrong. in the novel it also shows more of Stefan/Elane but that was the first novel and second novel, in the second and third novel, she struggle to see whom she has more feeling for though she is always with Stefan, she also has Damon in her mind.

im pretty excited for tomorrow's episode! i want to know what happens to vicki... i kind of pity her, but i wonder what will happen to her as well.... if elena doesn't want stefan, ill take him : >

There will be no new episodes this week, the new episode will be aired next week in time for Halloween week

Yes in the novel she loved both brothers, Stefan was deeply in love with her but she loved both because Stefan had this sweet side she loves while Damon has this bad side she also love. To them she was selfish for turning both of them into vampires because she thought they three can live happily together but she was wrong. in the novel it also shows more of Stefan/Elane but that was the first novel and second novel, in the second and third novel, she struggle to see whom she has more feeling for though she is always with Stefan, she also has Damon in her mind.

Dunno, I still don't think she loved Damon at all. She certainly loved Stefan, that's very blatant throughout the books. The feelings she had for Damon weren't that deep - I would say it's more of a strong attraction, and that she saw a side of him Stefan had not been able to see for the past few centuries since he'd been at odds with Damon all this while. So there was some sort of understanding and maybe a bit of appreciation. But by the end of the original series, it was pretty clear who her choice was and it was in keeping with the whole tone of the books. The dilemma wasn't as great for Elena as it'd been for Katherine.

As for the episode, it didn't go into detail about the Katherine bit, only that she turned Stefan into a vampire and he was horrified when he realised what had happened. She then used her powers to influence his thoughts and make him accept that it was a good thing. The brothers were on good terms all this while even with Katherine around, which is of course vastly different from the books.

Guest minilight1080

I am watching this show and I love it. I love stefan. I like his eyes intense stare. rofls. I also started reading the book I must say, I find the book is lot better then show and its much more addictive then the show or at least to me it is.

Guest merlyunho

have just watched 6 episodes and I LOVED EVERY SECOND OF IT

though i gotta admit some of the scenes looked as if they were just rip-offs from twilight.

and i'm not going to start a debate who created the story first and so on and so forth.

first of all, props for the casting director. somerhalder, wesley, and dobrev fit their characters on the show so darn well, if not acting-wise, looks-wise. xD *i'm just much of an eye-candy lover*

but i have to give 20 extra points for somerhalder and 10 more for wesley.

they rocked the show.

well, i'll just wait for the remaining episodes and refrain from reading the books.

somehow everytime i see a movie/series and read the book after or the other way around, i'm always disappointed on one of them.

darn it CW is on the roll with gossip girl and supernatural and 90210 and melrose place and TBL and now vampire diaries.

though i gotta admit some of the scenes looked as if they were just rip-offs from twilight.

and i'm not going to start a debate who created the story first and so on and so forth.

There is no debate. The Vampire Diaries were published in 1991-92, while Twilight came out in 2005, a good 13-14 years later. All vampire stories share similarities, so I don't think it's a matter of rip-offs, only execution.:)

Guest ginachan

tonight's episode wass sooo good...the show keeps getting better...I was falling for damon for a bit in this episode but when I saw stefan....I just remembered y I'm team stefan :D

first of all, props for the casting director. somerhalder, wesley, and dobrev fit their characters on the show so darn well, if not acting-wise, looks-wise. xD *i'm just much of an eye-candy lover*

but i have to give 20 extra points for somerhalder and 10 more for wesley.

they rocked the show.

well, i'll just wait for the remaining episodes and refrain from reading the books.

somehow everytime i see a movie/series and read the book after or the other way around, i'm always disappointed on one of them.

darn it CW is on the roll with gossip girl and supernatural and 90210 and melrose place and TBL and now vampire diaries.

the vampire diaries were published in early 1990's so it came first.

actually according to people who read the books, the characters weren't casted THAT well. many readers feel like they don't fit the characters from the books. but it was obvious they were chosen more for their looks and slightly better acting skills. the CW changed a lot of the things around which i guess is better since it would be boring to do it exactly like the book.

fyi, the CW's TBL has been canceled after two episodes, gossip girl gets less than 2 million viewers each week despite the hype and promotional ads, melrose place's ratings have also dropped. so far the vampire diaries is the only thing the network has going for them since everyone is still in the vampire craze.

the episode yesterday looked really interesting but i didn't watch it. it's really draggy to me and i can never watch a full episode because i keep expecting something to happen but it happens towards the end. too much fillers in the episodes. can anyone tell me what happened? didn't damon say that to be a vampire, you would need to suck the blood of the vampire who bite you then suck a human's blood and this whole complicated thing? so how did nicki become a vampire?

Guest s0y0un*

at first i thought stefan>damon but im slowly falling for damon!

he's just soo hott & sexy. he has the bad boy thing going on but i can see him doing nice things

Guest Nvy_hearts

The show is starting out pretty draggy and not all that interesting to begin with. There are a couple of things that bother me and one thing is "Elena". She's suppose to the the blond belle of their high school that every boy wants and she can have her pick and all, but here in the show, she's a brunette and more sort of weak-ish and tamed abit. But I'm willing to overlook "Elena" Since Damon and Stephen are so gorgeous to look at especially DAMON!

Everyone save for the ones involved, are so annoying with their constant complaining, whinining, and looking for that missing girl. Really, is all that arguing and complaining about no one understanding them neccassary!

Hopefully the show will start to pick up the pace more.

Guest SoshiNess

i am seriously addicted to this whole series.. i just started reading the book and it's starting out very different from the show. lols. i def like the show more. the guys are so hawt hawt ^^.. hehe.. i can't wait for next week's episodee~ ^^

Guest merlyunho

the vampire diaries were published in early 1990's so it came first.

actually according to people who read the books, the characters weren't casted THAT well. many readers feel like they don't fit the characters from the books. but it was obvious they were chosen more for their looks and slightly better acting skills. the CW changed a lot of the things around which i guess is better since it would be boring to do it exactly like the book.

fyi, the CW's TBL has been canceled after two episodes, gossip girl gets less than 2 million viewers each week despite the hype and promotional ads, melrose place's ratings have also dropped. so far the vampire diaries is the only thing the network has going for them since everyone is still in the vampire craze.

thanks for informing me, and i don't know whether the books' content is kind of similar to twilight or not, but i guess it's not, since i bet the authors have different way and style in writing.

the thing that relates the vampire diaries to twilight is the scenes from the movie/series.

even all of my friends who watch vampire diaries once or twice are complaining that there are so many scenes that looks way too much like twilight's.

and yeah, my friend just told me yesterday about TBL being cancelled. i thought it was doing pretty well despite of the blah story because fashion wise, the series is sooo luscious.

i wish all good for VPD. ^^

Vicki dying is not surprising, since you can tell that she cant control herself even if she wanted to and for a young vampire, that's dangerous.

finally.Jeremy wont keep whining abt Vicki anymore..been waiting for this ever since all Jeremy's screentime goes to doing everything for Vicki, whining, getting into fights and being all emo and stuff.

Guest shinhbang

Amazing! I mean gosh if you're looking for hot vampires and romance, this is it! The show is slightly different from the book, but I can't complain. October 29, 2009's episode was real good.

Archived