The Vampire Diaries

Guest sbq

Guest yunapark

So this show is being filmed in Atlanta, GA...and I totally swear I saw Ian Somerhalder at Starbucks....lol I mean who can't mistake those eyes and face!

But yeah, I'm watching it now...seems good~

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest leavemebroken

Okay, I musnt lie.

Ive never read the books.

But I understand the feeling of the book and the movie or series being totally different.

I've seen it a million times over.

But to those who havent read the book it just looks like a really cool show.

Im going to read the books now though because it feels like i need more.

I JUST WATCHED THE FIRST EPISODE! whoot whoot

Um, Stephen is hawt.

Hopefully we will see more of emotion from him though.

But so far its pretty good. Lol

i had VERY low expectations for this and apart from the cheesy lines...

and the cliche of having the blond-pretty-trying-to-hard girl being jealous of the nice plain girl...

and the...mysterious fog...oh the mysterious fog T_T

i thought the show was alright...

i haven't read the books but the show was pretty much easy to follow...

and i have to say Stefan is growing on me...

one question though...

since vampires in this series not allowed to go through thresholds without being welcomed in

so, how did Damon get into Stefan's window???

Guest thermopyle

The contrast in quality between this and Supernatural is so apparent. I guess if you don't have HBO (or just internet illiterate), it's a decent/poor alternative to True Blood.

Guest jaejoong<3

first episode today!! haha now i have to wait for it to be uploaded on youtube. i loved the books, but the tv show? eehhh i don't really know.

wasn't elena supposed to be blond? and she had a sister in the book, right? gah they did that for gossip girl too. -.-

and stefan and damon look... old. like, they could've at least picked slightly younger (and handsomer) actors. i really don't like nina dobrev either though ... maybe i won't be watching it...

Guest Autumn1430263885

kay so i heard about this and someone told me to read the books and watch the show, so i just finished reading the book one day ago LOL

anyways......they changed a hecka lot of stuff! kind of disappointing because i feel like they made it kind of twilightish by making stefan and elena more emo and with all the slow talking LOL >_> they changed elena a lot!

but damnnnn DAMON is REAL hot..i love bada$$ guys..and elena is really pretty too!

but i thought the first episode was really boring...i almost fell asleep...but it could also be because i was really tired in the first place...........

overall i feel like it's a bit 'medocureish/a bit poorly done' but it's decent i guess. i just think that the book gives you WAY more stuff to feed onLOL

if you guys liked twilight or teen vampire novels, i really suggest you check out the book :)

Guest greeenkiwi

Saw this tonight. It was... "okay, not great" just as I thought it would be. The first episode wasn't that exciting.

It really reminded me of a Twilight remix? Like high school, characters look similar, Stefan looks pained and emotionless like Edward, etc. lol. I didn't know this show was based off books, so can't compared the show to it.

There was too many confusing mysteries. I'll probably watch a couple more, but I don't see myself loving it in the future.

Okay, I musnt lie.

Ive never read the books.

But I understand the feeling of the book and the movie or series being totally different.

I've seen it a million times over.

But to those who havent read the book it just looks like a really cool show.

Im going to read the books now though because it feels like i need more.

I JUST WATCHED THE FIRST EPISODE! whoot whoot

Um, Stephen is hawt.

Hopefully we will see more of emotion from him though.

But so far its pretty good. Lol

I totally recommend the books. I finish all 4 books within the summer and waiting for the others. Its pretty cheap now since they combine 2 books into one so it won't be pricey ^_^

i had VERY low expectations for this and apart from the cheesy lines...

and the cliche of having the blond-pretty-trying-to-hard girl being jealous of the nice plain girl...

and the...mysterious fog...oh the mysterious fog T_T

i thought the show was alright...

i haven't read the books but the show was pretty much easy to follow...

and i have to say Stefan is growing on me...

one question though...

since vampires in this series not allowed to go through thresholds without being welcomed in

so, how did Damon get into Stefan's window???

Throughout the novels, its mostly humans inviting in the vampire into the house so I think they change it up a bit where vampires entering vampire home don't really require an invitation. and if I'm not mistaken they're brothers and its their home so I guess that's why Damon can enter in freely

first episode today!! haha now i have to wait for it to be uploaded on youtube. i loved the books, but the tv show? eehhh i don't really know.

wasn't elena supposed to be blond? and she had a sister in the book, right? gah they did that for gossip girl too. -.-

and stefan and damon look... old. like, they could've at least picked slightly younger (and handsomer) actors. i really don't like nina dobrev either though ... maybe i won't be watching it...

yeah Elena was suppose to be blond and she has a younger sister name margaret but from what I read the writers wanted to not base the whole tv show on the novel and decided to change some stuff because if they stick to close to the novel, people might get bored so they wanted to spice it up. I read that the reason why Elena has a brother instead of a younger sister is because her brother Jeremy is a addicted and when things mysteriously happen at Mystic Fall her brother is a suspect because of his pale white skin- they believe he's a vampire, etc

The first episode was okay not strong but I believe it will get better in the middle like most shows, it starts off slow and boring but gets really interested in the middle part and I have to say Stefan and Damon are totally HOT!

i just finished watching the pilot episode, yes, it was quite lagging, twilight kinda thing.

i think i have to see more of the episodes...

uhm....Damon turns INTO a crow. So. Why is there a Crow and a Damon in one place? o_o

just some sharing, some fanarts

ElenaVPD-1.gif

VampireDiaries-2.gif

please credit miaka if using

source: www.vampire-diaries.net

episode 2: Night of the Comet [Airdate: 09/17/2009]

Guest massive toene

News: Bloody good ratings!!!

The CW finally has something to cheer about. Vampire Diaries delivered breakout ratings!

Nina Dobrev, Ian Somerhalder and Paul Wesley pulled in 4.8 million viewers,

making their show CW’s most-watched series premiere ever.

America just can’t get enough of blood-sucking vampires!

vampire-diaries-premiere-03.jpg

vampire-diaries-premiere-05.jpg

Ian Somerhalder....what a hottie! ;)

ian-somerhalder-vampire-diaries-4.jpg

IanWP.jpg

Throughout the novels, its mostly humans inviting in the vampire into the house so I think they change it up a bit where vampires entering vampire home don't really require an invitation. and if I'm not mistaken they're brothers and its their home so I guess that's why Damon can enter in freely

really? well its because that other man lives in the house with Stefan...

and im pretty sure that he's human...

T___T so many plot holes...

my mom says the darnest things...

when she saw that i was watching the show she screamed...

"OH I KNOW THAT GUY, He's Edward Cullen right? why is he on tv?"

LOL

Guest Autumn1430263885

^LOL nice yea steffan is similar to edward if you think about it..well book edward at least =p

i thought it was a bit weird how stefan kept on popping up everywhere where elena wasLOL i kept laughing when he'd suddenly pop up. awkwaaarrrd

oh yea btw guys....where the hell is MERDITH?? i really liked her....she's a cool character. and caroline is completely different....i kind of like what they did to her, but i also liked her character design in the book.

Guest bohemianheart.

I liked the first episode, but never read the books. This episode seems pretty much better than Twilight the movie, with the acting and all. Paul Wesley, is a freaking hottie, gahhh he is fine. I hope the season get better, and not keep me lagging like when i watched Twilight, goodness they left out the good parts in that movie. But anywhoo, this tv series is a definite watch for me. = )

picspam for the pilot episode

smscelenavickityler.jpgsmscesbridge.jpgsmscjeremy.jpg

smscmattbonnie.jpgsmscstefandamon.jpgsmscstefansmile.jpg

smscvickitylermatt.jpg

the first time elena met damon

smscdamonelena.jpg

promotional poster for the pilot

normal_vdtrionotext.jpg

the new promotional poster for episode4

normal_VD09-CW09-0012.jpg

The highlight is one of the photos Greystone Mansion shoot with Stefan (Paul Wesley), Elena (Nina Dobrev) and Damon (Ian Somerhalder), all of them looking gorgeous.

greystone1sm.jpg

source: vampire-diaries.net

more bigger and clearer pics from the pilot

HAWT!

tvddamon.jpg

Damon and Stefan Salvatore in Stefan’s room at the boarding house.

tvddamonstefan.jpg

Katerina Graham as Bonnie Bennett

tvdbonnie.jpg

Candice Accola as Caroline Truitt.

tvdcaroline.jpg

Steven R. McQueen as Jeremy Gilbert, Elena’s brother.

tvdjeremy.jpg

Kayla Ewell as Vicki Donovan, Matt’s sister, and Steven R. McQueen as Jeremy Gilbert.

tvdvickijeremy.jpg

tvdstefan.jpg

tvdelena1.jpg

tvdelena3.jpg

tvdelenastefan1.jpg

tvdelenastefan2.jpg

Zach Roerig as Matt Donovan and Michael Trevino as Tyler Stratton.

tvdmatttyler.jpg

source: http://www.vampire-diaries.net/tvseries

CW official website

i was excited and yet found myself bored! ..

and i second this quote

I guess if you don't have HBO (or just internet illiterate), it's a decent/poor alternative to True Blood.

i know they're not the same. but i like how elena also has a black best friend. a drugged up brother. parents who died in a car wreck. crazy guy who's in love with her. and of course the vampire factor. like sookie.

hopefully the series gets better. im gonna miss my true blood after this week. i need another vampire show.

Archived