Joo Ji Hoon & Other Celebs Caught For Drugs

Guest satisfaction!

Guest sunrock

Ok So Ri committed adultery and in the eyes of the law, Park Chul had a better case against her.

Exactly. The eyes of the law are sexist to begin with and it's a steeper hill for women to overcome than it is for men. The Ock So Ri case made news around the world because of how incredibly sexist and old-fashioned the laws of Korea are.

Hwang Su Jung went to jail so people forgot about her. Netizens weren't even that crazy about her in the first place, which is why she has a hard time making a come back. She's too old and not famous enough to make a successful comeback.

She wasn't that old at the time she got caught. She had that one drama with Ahn Jae Wook and Bae Doo Na which was a big hit. She also starred in 4 Sisters Story with Chae Rim and that was a huge hit too. Her career was definitely growing and she was on her way up. Again, after having to hide for years, of course she got older and forgotten. Joo Ji Hoon will also lose fans, but like I keep saying, unlike Hwang Su Jung, netizens will be more forgiving towards him.

And I'm saying gender won't have anything to do with this case because Joo Ji Hoon committed a bigger crime and he will pay the price for it, despite his gender. He's likely to be locked up in jail for years if he is convicted, which means he definitely won't be back in the public eye in 6 months or so.

How many times do I have to say, it's not just about paying for his crime by law. It's also about the public forgiving him. I said 6 months before as an exaggeration to show the huge discrepancy between what men and women have to go through. It will probably take him longer than 6 months to return, but I know for sure it will not take nearly as long as it did Hwang Su Jung.

• Replies 571
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Econxp

On the 26th, Korean police officials issued a warrant of arrest against actress Yoon Sul Hui (28) and model Yeh Hak Young (26) for smuggling drugs into Korea from Japan. Among the people charged to have received drugs from the two mentioned, actor Joo Ji Hoon, best known for his roles in the drama Goong and movie The Naked Kitchen, was hauled to the police station for questioning. The last update was that Joo Ji Hoon has admitted to the charges against him.

According to the police, Ms Yoon and others were paid about 100,000,000 won since August 2007 for the acquiring of drugs such as ecstasy and ketamine. It was discovered during the investigation that Ms. Yoon would hide the drugs in her underclothes after obtaining them in Japan. The drugs would then travel through different people and Mr. Yeh, who happened to be the 3rd stage, paid about 3,200 won for her portion. His drugs were then sold throughout clubs in Kang Nam and to acquaintances.

It was revealed that Joo Ji Hoon began to associate himself with the two around March 2008 and has been charged by the police for being involved in the 2nd stage that sold drugs. A police representative mentioned, "This is the first time that celebrities are directly involved in the buying and selling of drugs. We are expanding the scope of our search and expect to discover more people selling the drugs beneath the sponsor."

c. allkpop

Guest siticantik3011

OMG plssss dont tell me tht others Men Mgmt's fellas were also involved (Chunhee, Minki, KDW~ too long to list on)...

seriously a career-killer...

Guest Lishathestain

^omg ;___; no not those guys. please not them.

well i think Chunhee is too healthy&happy looking to be on drugs lol.

If people are seriously aghast at this then I'm more shocked that you are.

Nobody's perfect you know and it is very common thing for a lot of people

now a days to do drugs. Does it make it right? No of course not. It sucks that these

guys careers will go down the tubes because of this.

Guest 영원한 사랑

ALOT of korean entertainers do drugs! We may not think so because its Korea and we think its a more innocent society than America, but drugs are easily obtained there and many people do them in nightclubs, etc...like they do in america.

I wouldn't be surprised if any of these idol groups did them too like Big Bang, Suju, etc.... We see them acting like hyper little kids on tv, but behind closed doors they could be getting high on exstasy. I guess many people just don't realize this because they are supposed to have a clean, nice image...but its true, some of them are probably not so innocent behind closed doors. ;)

So, Joo Ji Hoon doing drugs doesn't really surprise me. Anyone who loves hanging out at nightclubs often and partying with their friends are bound to try drugs sometime.

Guest Mace-Face

ohh... wow!!! this is pretty shocking to me... O_O... Joo JiHoon is the only one i know but... wow!!! didn't think he was this type of person... anyways... wonder what's going to happen... thanks for sharing this news...

Guest dancingbymyself

No. Shin Dong Yup went to jail for smoking marijuana, which is a far less serious crime than what Joo Ji Hoon committed. It has nothing to do with gender. Korea is really strict about cracking down on drugs. Chances are that Joo Ji Hoon will go to jail just like Shin Dong Yup and Hwang Su Jung.

This isn't really a good example if you want to say Joo Ji Hoon won't be popular anymore.

Shin Dong Yup is still a huge celebrity... I didn't even know he went to jail.

That half mexican guy that used to be in Uptown went to jail for drugs too,

but he made a comeback and is as sucessful as we was before.

Guest mashimaro_is_luff

how did he get caught? o wow,,,

sucks to be exposed, now his career might be over

and he is publicly shamed

Guest ginger

Really...Joo Ji Hoon? Wow, I'm rather surprised, since he's a pretty high-profile actor. >.<

That's really too bad.

That's one of the reasons I'm *not* surprised. Drugs are everywhere in the entertainment business--everywhere.

-ginger

Guest dollychelle

I dont think he has ruined his career because his image is a druggie but i do think he will have to wait awhile before coming back.

Guest Narda

The only way to revive his acting career

is to have a comeback with YEH.

Sorry to bring her up:(

Anyways, I wonder what happened to him after goong?

He always did looked like he was on drugs after..hmmm//...

Guest ninyaah

This is quite shocking. I know he looks stoned like, practically every event there is... but for him to actually do drugs... his career is progressing well and I guess he has to say bye-bye to it for now.

Guest jicks

nooo.

goong killer T_T

^i know, it breaks my heart </3

Like many, I am not completely surprised, after all, there are many pressures & stresses associated w/ the entertainment industry. Once you become addicted, you really become a victim. This doesn't excuse them for getting involved in drug use but they're only human beings after all, just like the rest of us.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but there is a difference in the severity of sentencing for drug dealing + trafficking VS drug usage. Yoon Seol Hee, as the dealer, should receive a heavier penalty than the actors who she sold the drugs to.

At least I respect the fact that Ju Ji Hoon has owned up. Sad but hey, hopefully he'll get something out of this incident. I wish him all the best w/ the rest of the trial & as a fan of his work, hopefully his career won't be completely obliterated like many are suggesting <3 And!! Hopefully no more "shock" names will pop up from this case!

Archived