Tennis

Guest supa'Wanki

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest sweet_love777

Just realised that Soompi had a sports thread!

And since I've been watching the Australian Open since it started.. :D

I CAN'T BELIEVE THE FEDERER ISN'T SMASHING SIMON RIGHT NOW

He was owning him in the first two sets, but now.. I'm scared he might lose ):

Guest sweet_love777

^ Agreed (:

Haha I'm not sure if I want Nadal or Federer to win in the finals (if they get there in the first place)

I mean, I support Roger more, but I do want to see Nadal get the Rafa Slam!

Tennis season in Australia! <3 <3

I just got back from the AO a few days ago, got burnt, saw a heap of tennis players, sat through awesome matches and got my stalk on resulting in photos and autographs!!

Some pictures to share:

img4337cs.jpg

img4405cs.jpg

Rally for Relief

rallyforreliefrogerrafa.jpg

Roger and Rafa during the 'Rally For Relief' charity match

img4580cs.jpg

Tsonga

img4613sd.jpg

Djokovic

img4773cs.jpg

Roddick

img4979cs.jpg

img5062s.jpg

OMG.. THAT IS MY SHARPIE HE IS HOLDING. *FLAILS* :wub: :wub: :wub:

img5097s.jpg

Woooo~ :)

Tennis season in Australia! <3 <3

too jealous for words tongue2.gif:P

i woke up two days in a row to read two upset scorelines >_< i didn't watch rafa's because, well, i don't think i could handle it. currently watching fed/djoko replay and that 2nd set was :blink: 2-5 down and winning the next five to make it 7-5? crazy stuff. but... if murray does his job, i'll be getting my wish-list final FINALLY and possibly earn bragging rights :D i mean, djoko/murray never happens (i exaggerate of course)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest 6228Micky

I became a fan of Tennis after watching a match between Nadal and Roger F. and Nadal beat him in the final. Since then, I'm a fan of Nadal.

• 2 months later...

aww what happened to the thread? is there not a nole fan to gloat while the fedal fans are twiddling our thumbs waiting for revenge? :P

apparently murray's gotten back on track so far on clay. too bad he meets rafa tomorrow, so i can't root for him any longer >_< my support starts afresh next tourney then, andy :D

read a piece by bodo recently and basically he says something like grass + clay tourneys are unsustainable in the long run and he wonders how long they'll last (before they turn into HC)... and i'm like... omg, they need to last for as long as tennis remains a sport. i mean, tennis is different from other sports in that it's played on different surfaces with different conditions and the variety makes the game a lot more organic.

imagine watching the USO series in July, leading to the USO, then the Asian swing, then the WTF at the end of the year, then the AO in Jan, and on with IW and Miami in the Spring, all on HC for the stretch of 9 months... and we go to the European swing only to find it on HC again. that is one miserable thought. i for one sigh with relief when we leave Miami for Monte Carlos "yay clay!" and again when we leave RG for Queens "yay grass!"

• 1 month later...
Guest itrayya

man! Federer just basically let Nadal drag him around and around!!!!

Nadal gotten way better and Federer needs to focus more, he let so many plays go to Nadal.

i like them both and i wanna see them both play fiercely and at their best.

Federer got thinner and leaner. but he doesn't look even 30!

Nadal is at his prime.

COME ON FEDERER!!!! what happened!?!

this is at the French Open.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest rforest

^i DID. Nole vs. Nadal was great. I guess the Nadal vs. Federrer has long passed. It's probably Nadal vs. Nole from now on.

Don't rule Federer out just yet. Watching him play Djokovic at Roland Garros, I still have hope he can win at least one more Grand Slam.

About Nadal I'm not sure he can keep his actual form very long with his playing style. At 25, he already has recurring knee injuries.

All in all, I think we're more heading towards a "trivalry" era as some coined, with Murray not far behind.

• 2 months later...
Guest wonderbang

Alrighty! So apologies for not maintaining my top spazzer status in this thread lol.

Real life took over and I completely forgot about this thread.

Since I have an awful memory right now and can't recall anything past a month ago, let's talk US Open!

Men's tourney was awesome. Great tennis and great drama all the way through. 2011 belonged to Djokovic for sure.

Women's tourney was not as great. Pretty forgettable until we got to Serena-gate PART II. Any player more controversial than the queen herself? Really knows how to go out with a bang. Deserving win for Sam.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived