Tennis

Guest supa'Wanki

hasn't it been that way since wimby ended?

anyway, can't wait to see a rematch btw fed & berdych tonight. plus nadal & murray tmrrw. hopefully everyone's gotten over their jet lag or holiday sleep or whatever. been seeing some funky tennis.

and yay for ivanovic.

*edit*

tough love for berdych. but what can i say... the crowds in NY are 10x worse. better get used to it :sweatingbullets: now hopefully we'll have the top 4 in the semis

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest dOotsiez

I'm back! Sorry about the extended absence = went to Wimbledon, then to Switzerland and France and just got back 2 weeks ago. YAY for tennis starting again. Good job by Fed tonigt. Shouda won in straight sets when he had the chance. 2 doubles and 2 unforced errors to gift the break at 5-6 second set. Retard.

ALL IS FORGIVEN though. Go Roger!

*waves and hugs @ everyone*

Guest wonderbang

I'm back! Sorry about the extended absence = went to Wimbledon, then to Switzerland and France and just got back 2 weeks ago. YAY for tennis starting again. Good job by Fed tonigt. Shouda won in straight sets when he had the chance. 2 doubles and 2 unforced errors to gift the break at 5-6 second set. Retard.

ALL IS FORGIVEN though. Go Roger!

*waves and hugs @ everyone*

welcome baaaaack.....I don't know if I should be jealous of your vacation or just happy that you're back. This thread was pretty dead without you :P

Toronto is shaping up to be quite a fun tournament. Lots of good match ups! :D

Guest wonderbang

*edit*

tough love for berdych. but what can i say... the crowds in NY are 10x worse. better get used to it :sweatingbullets: now hopefully we'll have the top 4 in the semis

yeah i think berdych could use a publicity person right about now..not the best attitude to carry around. and you're absolutely right about the crowds in NY. they will eat you alive! :P

Guest dOotsiez

^ Djoko would know something about the crowd in NY :P

Thanks for the lovely welcome Wonderbang. Had the most fabulous time, apart from Roger losing while I was living in Wimbledon village. Pretty devastated and escaped to the countryside the next day. BUT - still had a fab time at Wimbledon, GOT FEDERER'S AUTOGRAPH <3 <3 Uber-happy.

Anyone from the thread going to the North American tournaments this summer (winter for me:( )?

Guest wonderbang

^ Djoko would know something about the crowd in NY :P

Thanks for the lovely welcome Wonderbang. Had the most fabulous time, apart from Roger losing while I was living in Wimbledon village. Pretty devastated and escaped to the countryside the next day. BUT - still had a fab time at Wimbledon, GOT FEDERER'S AUTOGRAPH <3 <3 Uber-happy.

Anyone from the thread going to the North American tournaments this summer (winter for me:( )?

Ah I forgot it was winter over there. Stay warm! Well for me I tagged along to Stanford Uni where the WTA Bank of the West was...I had the chance to go to the ATP tourney at UCLA (which was the same week), but I have already been there in the past so decided not to.

Anyhow, I'm still kinda reeling from Roger's win over Berdych (he needed it!) but I'm looking forward to seeing the top 4 seeds battle it out in the semis. Should be some great matches!

Guest dOotsiez

What a match Roger played against Berdy, wheewww! Followed by a dramatic clusterfmuck againt Djoko. *sigh* living dangerously Fed.

Anyway, very happy with him and Maria Sharapova this week. Doing so well!

Sorry to hear Venus and Andy Roddick are both down with injury and illness. Roddick has mono, the same thing that Federer had, also known as the kissing disease.

Ahem ... now we know what goes on in the locker room eh?

i was looking forward to seeing ivanovic vs. clijster because that match would be telling of where ivanovic is in her game. but meh, didn't happen. i'm glad sharapova is doing well too, except she's been decent this year so i'm not too worried about her.

nadal stuck around to watch fed vs. djokovic yesterday :D checking his competition out? :sweatingbullets: to be honest, djokovic isn't a pushover. he's just got mental issues so fed really can't help it that the kid came back. he (nole) played a really sh*tty set there all by himself.

so far fed & murray = :) and nadal & djokovic = :unsure: fed seems aggressive from the beginning (with a slight tendency to dip later) and he's working the net really effectively. murray on hc = nadal on clay: the impenetrable wall haha. i just dunno if he can do that all the time without getting jaded, if not injured. nadal's not crappy. but he's playing the same non-threatening tennis. weak serves, short balls, scrambling behind the baseline. as a fan, i'm hoping he's got hidden cards :P

Guest wonderbang

Why Roger Federer is the coolest human being in the history of cool human beings.

Quite serious. I am.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cTl3U6aSd2w&feature=player_embedded

:lol: I likey!

But too bad he lost the Toronto final to Murray. Murray must have eaten something special to take out Nalbandian, Rafa, and Roger without dropping a set this week.

I'm also hoping Maria's foot injury isn't serious enough to take her out of the US Open. She's been playing well but missed 3 match points to close out the final against Kimmy. The whole rain delay at a crucial moment probably didn't help her anyways...

Guest dOotsiez

The rain wreaked havoc yesterday didn't it?

Wasn't too disappointed about the final - if Roger hadn't had 2 night sessions in a row go to 3 sets, I would've given him a chance, but the Berdy and Djoko matches took way too out of him. Muzz's form was good, he's also had a warm up tournament before this in LA (?) so I'm not too fussed. Wouldn't want to peak too early now would we? :P

Maria I am a little disappointed in. She really should've closed it out when he had the chance. Clijsters was getting completely outplayed before then and was only marginally saved by the rain. Don't mind Kimmy, but boo hiss.

Guest wonderbang

Well I'm starting to get excited for the USO coming up. I need the tennis excitement to get going again. A lot of stories and contenders coming in. I just hope the players who are injured can play their best when the time comes!

Has any body twisted their knee playing tennis? I twisted mines 5 days ago, however one of my team mates told me it was fine and all I had to do was put ice on it. I did that but I can't stretch my knee straight anymore. If i try to straighten my leg, my knee would hurt really bad, like something sharp pressed from behind my knee.

Guest wonderbang

^you definitely want to get that check out by a doctor. knee injuries happen often in tennis so it's plausible for sure.

Archived