Cha Seung-Won 차승원 [Upcoming Movies: “Believer 2”, “Tyrant”, “ War and Revolt”]

Helena

https://www.soompi.com/article/1518335wpp/cha-seung-won-is-a-busy-bank-manager-who-has-no-time-for-leisure-in-new-drama-our-blues
Cha Seung Won Is A Busy Bank Manager Who Has No Time For Leisure In New Drama “Our Blues”

by L. Kim | March 20, 2022

tvN released new stills of Cha Seung Won in the upcoming drama “Our Blues”!

5658DC62-A9EB-48E8-8CFB-B4F28F8E7812.jpg

Spoiler

31B5C0FF-F611-43AB-B00A-7DCB1EB267D8.jpg

8756199C-645E-47CC-AC86-54DEB02B7142.jpg

“”Our Blues” is a new omnibus-style drama set in Jeju Island that tells the sweet, sour, and bitter life stories of a diverse array of characters. In addition to Cha Seung Won and Lee Jung Eun, the star-studded cast includes Lee Byung Hun, Shin Min Ah, Kim Woo Bin, Han Ji Min, Kim Hye Ja, Uhm Jung Hwa, and more.

Cha Seung Won will star as Choi Han Soo, who returns to his hometown of Jeju a changed man after years of city life. Choi Han Soo is a manager of a bank branch who is appointed to Jeju. He grew up in a poor family and went to university in Seoul. Currently, he is breaking his back trying to take care of his daughter who went abroad to study golf. When he returns to his hometown, he will face his forgotten youth.

The newly released stills depict Choi Han Soo’s life as a hard-working man whose life revolves around his job at the bank. He walks around all day to attract customers, and he continues to keep busy despite his blistered feet. In one photo, Choi Han Soo faces his past self at the beach, and his eyes hint a deep narrative. Although he has a decent job that his friends envy, he has a rough life. It will be intriguing to find out why he looks so bitter and shabby compared to his position at the bank.

“Our Blues” will premiere on April 9 at 9:10 p.m. KST. Find out more about his romance with Lee Jung Eun in a teaser here!

F25112EF-69EE-4836-B337-71C589D574CD.jpg

Source (1)

• Like 1

• Helena changed the title to Cha Seung-Won 차승원 [ Sat/Sun drama “Our Blues” (Apr 9 at 9:10pm, tvN/NETFLIX) ]
  • 2 weeks later...

=> https://www.netflix.com/title/81568842 <=
Our Blues
TV Dramas
Romance is sweet and bitter — and life riddled with ups and downs — in multiple stories about people who live and work on bustling Jeju Island.
Starring: Lee Byung-hun, Shin Min-a, Cha Seoung-won
Creators: Noh Hee-gyoung, Kim Gyu-tae

Spoiler

Genres: Korean, TV Dramas
This show is...: Heartfelt, Emotional
Cast: Lee Byung-hun, Shin Min-a, Cha Seoung-won, Lee Jung-eun, Han Ji-min, Kim Woo-bin, Uhm Jung-hwa, Kim Hye-ja, Goh Doo-shim, Park Ji-hwan, Choi Young-jun, Bae Hyeon-seong, Noh Yoon-seo, Gi So-you

Our Blues | Official Trailer | Netflix [ENG SUB]

Their stories may be different, but these individuals have one thing in common—all roads have led them back to Jeju Island. While their paths seem to run in tandem, they all begin to intertwine in curious ways and only time will tell if this is where their stories end or where they truly begin. 

Lee Byung-hun (MR. SUNSHINE), Shin Min-a (HOMETOWN CHA-CHA-CHA), Cha Seoung-won (NIGHT IN PARADISE), Lee Jung-eun (JUVENILE JUSTICE), Han Ji-min (ONE SPRING NIGHT), Kim Woo-bin (UNCONTROLLABLY FOND), and Uhm Jung-hwa (A WITCH’S LOVE) star in omnibus drama OUR BLUES, the latest from writer Noh Hee-kyung.

Coming to Netflix April 9.

https://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/art/2022/04/688_326741.html

'Our Blues' writer brings together unseen sides of individual actors in omnibus drama

By Kwak Yeon-soo | 2022-04-05 09:01

8DA13E0C-86FD-4030-B988-05985FFD2991.jpg

A teaser image for tvN's new drama series, "Our Blues" / Courtesy of tvN

Star writer Noh Hee-kyung, who penned the 2014 romance series, "It's Okay, That's Love," and the 2016 series, "Dear My Friends," revealed that she has watched over 100 documentaries to craft her story's setting and characters for her upcoming drama, "Our Blues."

"I lived in Jeju for a couple of years and fell in love with the island ― not just with the beautiful landscape but with its unique culture that encourages communal life," she said in a recent written interview with The Korea Times.

Noh also spoke about bringing together several individual stories to her latest drama. "I don't remember when exactly, but at some point, writing a story with two lead characters no longer interested me. We are the heroes of our own story, aren't we? I didn't want to treat some characters as less significant," she said.

00F030B9-4D9E-454E-A13E-EA3528733B6D.jpg
Drama writer Noh Hee-kyung / Courtesy of tvN

The tvN series, starring Lee Byung-hun, Shin Min-a, Han Ji-min, Kim Woo-bin, Kim Hye-ja and Cha Seung-won, follows a group of people in a seaside town going through ups and downs in their lives. They appear as neighbors, friends and family members of one another.

"I craved a new genre, new storyline, new perspective, and as a result, chose to go with the omnibus style," Noh said, referring to a film consisting of shorter films.

On the star-studded cast, she said, "Any writer would want to work with such actors. I'm grateful that they all agreed to take part in the project. My only concern was to give them the roles they have never played before, so that they can show their unseen sides to the viewers."

The drama is directed by Kim Kyu-tae, who led the hit 2016 fantasy period series, "Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo."

The Saturday-Sunday series "Our Blues" will premiere on tvN April 9 at 9:10 p.m.

April 6, 2022

tvN released a poster of the two main characters for the first episode of 'Our Blues'

spacer.png

Han Soo (Cha Seung Won) and Eun Hee (Lee Jung Eun) will be featured in the first episode of 'Our Blues' on April 9,  2022.

tvn_drama's  message on its IG:  

My eternal friend, my eternal first love

"Hansoo and Eunhee" episode poster revealed! 

Sometimes it's exciting and sometimes bitter

Han Soo and Eun Hee's story in the youth drawer 

This week, the first episode of "Our Blues" begins!

tvN's Saturday and Sunday drama, "Our Blues"

April 9th [Saturday] 9:10pm on tvN

#tvN #streaming is TVING #OurBlues #OurBlues

#Lee Byungheon #Shinmin #Cha Seungwon #Lee Jeongeun #Han Jimin #KimWooBin #KimHyeja #GoDuShim #UmJeonghwa

Source:  IG of tvn_drama

Lee Jung Eun and Cha Seung Won's first opening of "Our Blues"...Episode poster revealed

E-Daily Star  Cha Seung Won and Lee Jung Eun will open their first "Our Blues."

tvN's new Saturday and Sunday drama "Our Blues," which will premiere on the 9th, is an omnibus drama about various life stories of various characters against the backdrop of warm and lively Jeju and cold and rough seas. In the midst of this, posters of Cha Seung-won and Lee Jung-eun, the long-awaited first episode of the drama, have been released, raising expectations.

In the drama, Cha Seung-won and Lee Jung-eun depict the bitter and bitter stories of middle-aged alumni who met again after 20 years. Cha Seung-won plays Choi Han-soo, a bank branch manager who has been assigned to his hometown of Jeju, and Lee Jung-eun plays Jeong Eun-hee, a fish shop owner who has lived stubbornly.  Lived a busy life day to day If you look at it, the memories of old youth will be blurred. The two open a drawer of youth that they had forgotten because they were tired of the dry life.

In the released poster, Choi Han-soo and Jung Eun-hee sit together under the sunlight. A warm smile blooms in the images of the two people recalling the memories of their old youth. The two are alumni who shared their school days when they enjoyed being with their friends the most and had overwhelming dreams. Currently, he has a middle-aged face, but his smile shows the freshness of youth.

The copy of "My eternal friend, my eternal first love" makes you guess the relationship between the two. Choi Han-soo is Jung Eun-hee's first love and old friend. The two friends, who met for the first time in a long time, pay attention to what stories they will share and how their trip to youth memories of youth will unfold.

The combination of "Trustworthy Actors" Cha Seung-won and Lee Jung-eun is also unique. The two actors created chemistry and teamwork with their excellent acting. It is rumored that Cha Seung-won and Lee Jung-eun portrayed the story of Choi Han-soo and Jung Eun-hee, who are sometimes excited and sometimes bitter, by expressing their experiences through acting. The production team said, "We are reassured to have Cha Seung-won and Lee Jung-eun, who open the door to our blues." "We ask for your interest in the episode of 'Hansoo and Eunhee' with the two actors who will show their sweet and bitter middle-aged chemistry," he said.

Meanwhile, tvN's new Saturday and Sunday drama "Our Blues" is a collaborative work by writer Roh Hee-kyung and director Kim Kyu-tae, who created well-made dramas such as "Live," "It's Okay, That's Love," and "That Winter, The Wind Blows." It will premiere at 9:10 p.m. on April 9.

Source:  https://www.edaily.co.kr/news/read?newsId=01200486632293496&mediaCodeNo=258

• Like 1

April 7, 2022

Lee Byung Hun,  Shin Min Ah,  Kim Woo Bin:  "There was no reason not to do "Our Blues."

spacer.png

A very ordinary 'life drama' is landing in the small screen.

Spoiler

spacer.png

On the afternoon of the 7th, tvN's new Saturday drama 'Our Blues' online production presentation was held. The event was attended by Lee Byung Hun, Shin Min Ah, Cha Seung Won, Lee Jung Eun, Han Ji Min, Kim Woo Bin, Uhm Jung Hwa, writer Noh Hee Kyung, and director Kim Gyun Tae.

'Our Blues' is a work that depicts the life stories of various characters against the background of warm and lively Jeju and the cold and rough sea. It is an omnibus format.  It contains support for all life standing at the beginning, end, or climax of one's life.

It is a new work by Noh Hee Kyung, who wrote  'Lies' 'Beautiful than flowers', 'Goodbye Solo', 'The World They Live In', 'That Winter The Wind Blows', 'It's Okay, That's Love', 'Dear My Friends' and 'Live'.  Director Kim Gyu-tae, along with writer Noh Hee-kyung, will be in charge of directing.  He previously directed  ‘That Winter, The Wind Blows’, ‘It’s Okay, That’s Love’, and ‘Live’.

Lee Byung Hun, Shin Min Ah, Cha Seung Won, Lee Jung Eun, Han Ji Min, Kim Woo Bin, Kim Hye Ja, Ko Doo Shim, Uhm Jung Hwa, etc. will appear  to form a fantastic acting ensemble.

Writer Noh Hee Kyung, who wrote the work, said, "The omnibus is something I've been thinking about for about 10 years. I got tired of talking about men and women. I didn't want to follow just the two of them. Jeju Island is the place where the most Korean sentiments remain. “I thought it was a good place to express Korea,” she said. Regarding the gap in the work, she said, “Actually, there was no gap.  She wrote a piece called 'Here', but she seems to have a blank slate as filming has been delayed due to COVID-19.  There was  no gaps,” she said.

Director  Kim Gyun Tae, who worked with Noh Hee Kyung  on many of her works, said, “I tried to stick to the basics. I tried to create a classy and sophisticated  look.  I tried to  focus on the character  and slowly permeate it rather than the fancy directing method." He explained the direction of the production.  

Lee Byung-hun, who first worked with writer Noh Hee-kyung, said, "I prepared 'Here' with the actors and directors here, but I had no choice but to give up the work because of COVID 19.  However, as a joke, he asked writer Noh Hee Kyung "Have you written anything else in the meantime?” I said it like a joke, but I think writer Noh Hee Kyung must have been  worried.  It's hard to get together like this, and I also wanted to work with writer Noh Hee Kyung.  It's not easy to get

together with great actors like this.  I was really thinking about what kind of story they would use to write the script;  but they they did.  When I read the script, I was very satisfied.”

Screenshot_2022-04-07_at_2.22.47_PM.png
Regarding his third work with Shin Min Ah, he said, "I was with Shin Min Ah together as brother and sister in her debut drama  'Beautiful Days'.  She played a character I liked alone in the movie 'A Bittersweet Life'. This is the first time that we like each other as lovers. I  thought only of Shin Min Ah, who was fresh and cute, but when she started working together in a drama, her depth was different. She was breathing well.  She is such a good actress or that I cannot easily evaluate her, and I was very reassured to be able to work with her.”

Shin Min-ah also worked as brother and sister in her debut drama 'Beautiful Days'.  Mostly, he worked with me in acting. She was also in the movie 'A Bittersweet  Life', but it's different this time. Although she worked on three projects together, each one feels like meeting a different person. But there was some comfort. She received a lot of help when working with seniors. He's gotten nicer," she said. Then, Lee Byung Hun made a satisfied expression.

Regarding the background of choosing the work, "Min Sun Ah  is a friend who stays in pain. As a mother of a child for the first time, when I saw the character, I thought that the process of overcoming the emotions, changes, and sadness of the character would be a little more difficult than the burden of being a mother of a child. Still, strangely, I understood the character's feelings. I wanted to express such a painful heart and a heart that overcomes. that would be fun The main reason I chose the work was the character.  I acted with so much empathy,” she said.

Screenshot_2022-04-07_at_2.22.22_PM.png

As the casting was spectacular, the question and answer took a long time, and Cha Seung Won trembled with his unique sense of humour. Normally, he answers a lot, but when the event started and he couldn't speak for about 15 minutes, he mentioned this and laughed. Regarding the background of appearing in the work, "There was no reason not to do it. When I asked who did it, they said 'these actors' do it. So I asked, ‘ Lee Byung Hun is doing this?’ and ‘All these actors together?’ I wondered if this would be possible. So there's no reason not to.  It’s a feeling of happiness and satisfaction  that I haven’t felt in a long time.” He made a happy expression and turning the scene into a sea of laughter.

Spoiler

spacer.png

The same goes for Uhm Jung wa. Uhm Jung Hwa said, "I'm happy to say hello to you with a great drama after a long time.  The work of writer Noh Hee Kyung was on my wish list for my acting career.  When I first got the script, I was so happy that my heart raced.  It was the happiest moment in my life because more wonderful actors are coming out here. I was happy throughout the filming,” said Cha Seung-won, followed by Uhm Jung-hwa, with a happy expression on her face.

Lee Jung Eun also said she was comfortable acting after a long time. In particular, she went to Jeju Island early and enjoyed wandering around in order to show acting like a local in Jeju.  Lee Jung Eun said, "the only characters in the drama who lived in Jeju Island for a long time are me and Lee Byung Hun.  So I was concern about the dialect.  There was also an order from the director.  However, it is not a work that is watched only by Jeju Islanders.  I had to think of the parts that all viewers could easily understand.  So while I was familiar with what was written in the article, I came down to  Jeju Island early and went around the site to learn the dialect naturally.

Han Ji Min, who was reunited with writer Noh Hee-kyung, said, “As an omnibus, I found it very interesting to be able to work with various actors without feeling burdened by myself. Noh Hee Kyung's work captures the stories of ordinary people, not special characters.  So I think the biggest attraction is that it leaves a lasting impression and makes you think about it.”

Spoiler

Screenshot_2022-04-07_at_2.22.32_PM.png

Kim Woo-bin, who returned to acting a the drama after six years, said, "I'm so nervous. I have greeted you through entertainment programs and advertisements before, but I am happy and grateful to be able to greet you through a work." he said. "I am excited and nervous about being able to be with these seniors.  I am happy. " 

Regarding Park Jun Joon's character acting, he said, "I focused on acting to empathize and understand Park Jung-joon's character's environment and mind. I tried to understand the character exactly as writer Noh Hee Kyung wrote it. I went down to Jeju Island early, met the captains and the haenyeo, and tried to understand the characters in the script.”

On this day, the casting background of Shin Min Ah ah and Kim Woo Bin, which many people are curious about, was also revealed.  Writer Noh Hee Kyung said, "If Shin Min Ah and Kim Woo Bin, who are a real couple, were cast as love lines in the work, they would not do it. I was thinking about doing another love line, but they said they would.  I thought, "They  are good actors, son they will appear." So I did not have any particular worries, she said.   Director Kim Gyu Tae also agreed with writer Noh Hee Kyung.

It is ‘Our Blues’ that you must see just by looking at the casting.  I draw stories of  real people. It contains domestic emotions and depicts the daily lives of ordinary people that we should pay attention to these days. How will the 'life drama' be completed, led by writer Noh Hee Kyung and director Kim Gyu tae, and be performed by actors who have acted freely  in it?  

'Our Blues' will premiere on the 9th at 9:10 pm.

Donga.com Reporter Hong Se-young projecthong@donga.com

Source:  https://sports.donga.com/article/all/20220407/112746452/2

• Like 1

https://koreajoongangdaily.joins.com/2022/04/07/entertainment/television/Our-Blues-tvN-drama-series/20220407152118524.html
'Our Blues'

BY LEE JAE-LIM [lee.jaelim@joongang.co.kr] | April 7, 2022

23AC48D9-8996-4010-8BBF-203E015F91DB.jpg

The creators and the cast of upcoming tvN drama series “Our Blues” — from left, producer Kim Gyu-tae, actors Lee Byung-hun, Shin Min-a, writer Noh Hee-gyoung, actors Han Ji-min, Lee Jung-eun, Uhm Jung-hwa, Cha Seung-won and Kim Woo-bin — pose for the camera prior to an online press event Thursday. The series revolves around the narratives and relationships of 14 characters living in a seaside town in Jeju Island. The series begins airing Saturday. [TVN] 

https://en.yna.co.kr/view/AEN20220407007700315
Star screenwriter Noh Hee-kyung set to return with new omnibus TV series 'Our Blues'

By Kim Boram | April 7, 2022

2FAC7D9B-F5FB-4BEA-94B4-AA7B302645DD.jpg
▲ A teaser poster of "Our Blues" on tvN (PHOTO NOT FOR SALE) (Yonhap)

BDE77E4D-3C40-41DE-AA6A-C29F88CD875C.jpg
▲ This photo provided by tvN shows the cast of "Our Blues" during a press conference streamed online on April 7, 2022. (PHOTO NOT FOR SALE) (Yonhap)

SEOUL, April 7 (Yonhap) -- Renowned screenwriter Noh Hee-kyung is set to return with the new omnibus TV series "Our Blues," a story about love, life and second chances, with an all-star cast, including Lee Byung-hun, Shin Min-ah and Han Ji-min.

Set on the southern resort island of Jeju, the show follows a group of people struggling with everyday life and enduring pain but never losing hope to get over the ups and downs of their lives.

It is Noh's first TV series since the drama "Live" (2018). She is one of the most sought-after TV writers in South Korea for her critically acclaimed TV romances, including "Dear My Friends" (2016) and "That Winter, the Wind Blows" (2013).

"For about 10 years, I've longed for a different format. Every person is the hero of their own story, but TV shows follow only one couple," Noh said in a press conference streamed Thursday. "So I finally chose to do a new piece in an omnibus format."

She said she was originally planning to go into a project, tentatively named "Here," about workers in an international non-governmental organization, starring Lee, Shin and Han, three years ago. But it was finally scrapped due to the COVID-19 pandemic, and the writer penned "Our Blues" from scratch to go on with the actors.

"When 'Here' was canceled, I just asked her casually whether anything was spared," said Lee, one of the most prominent stars both on big and small screens in Korea. "The cancellation was so sad, because I did really want to do it with Noh. But she came up with this new story. I loved it from the beginning."

Each of the seven lead actors -- Lee, Shin, Cha Seung-won, Lee Jung-eun, Uhm Jung-hwa, Han and Kim Woo-bin -- has their own story, and they do not directly know each other. But all characters get somehow more connected to one another as the story unfolds.

The actors said the omnibus format helps the 20-episode show portray various kinds of people and their lives in a more balanced way, although their parts or roles were relatively short in "Our Blues" compared with their previous works.

"I'm the hero in some episodes, but I become an extra in other episodes. That was very interesting," said Lee, who plays a Jeju local running a shop on wheels in "Our Blues," his first TV series after the historical romance "Mr. Sunshine" (2018). "It's like, we lead our everyday life as usual, and a camera comes into it and scans us one by one."

"Our Blues," tvN's primetime weekend show, will premier this Saturday and will also be available on Netflix simultaneously. (END)

(C) Yonhap News Agency. All Rights Reserved

https://kbizoom.com/a-highly-anticipated-drama-armed-with-the-biggest-names-but-its-already-controversial/
A highly anticipated drama armed with the biggest names, but it’s already controversial?

By Hachi1207 | April 7, 2022

While the drama “Our Blues” is raising expectations, netizens continued to debate its plot content.

tvN’s Saturday and Sunday drama “Our Blues,” which will air from April 9th, is drawing keen attention as it’s the drama following “Twenty-five, Twenty-one.” When the news got reported, netizens even calls it a “must-see drama.”

The reason why actors such as Lee Byung-hun, Cha Seung-won, Shin Min-ah, Kim Woo-bin, Lee Jung-eun, Ko Doo-sim, and Kim Hye-ja were able to unite in this drama is that its script is written by Noh Hee-kyung. Noh Hee-kyung is a star screenwriter who has achieved tremendous success with “The Most Beautiful Goodbye in the World,” “World Within,” “It’s Okay, That’s Love,” and “Dear My Friends.”

However, controversy has been raised among some netizens over the content of her latest script. “Our Blues” is an omnibus-format family drama that tells the story of 14 characters against the backdrop of Jeju Island. Prior to the broadcast, it was reported that Cha Seung-won and Lee Jung-eun have filmed a kiss scene. Cha Han-soo, played by Cha Seung-won, is a goose father who only thinks about divorce after sending his wife and child to study abroad, and Lee Jung-eun plays Jung Eun-hee, a hometown friend of Cha Han-soo and an unmarried woman who runs a fish shop.

Although the drama can only be known when it is released, netizens were completely divided on the subject of the affair between a married man and an unmarried woman.

Some netizens have left criticizing comments, such as, “Isn’t it wrong to glorify cheating,” “It’s not our fault if we hate cheating,” “Is she glorifying those love affairs again?” and “Cheating is wrong, but glorifying it is the main problem here.” On the other hand, there were many opposition opinions such as “The drama hasn’t even started yet,” “The drama content censorship is harsh these days,” and “Do you only read moral self-help books?” A mixture of different opinions led to a heated argument.

Netizens’ responses were similar in recent hit dramas as well. “Thirty, Nine”, “The World of the Married”, and “Penthouse” were also criticized for making use of love affair relationships. This is because the current spouse can be described as an obstacle of love through the beautification process rather than seeing that relationship as an affair itself.

However, even with such uncomfortable material, it might be portrayed as another story of the characters involved. In the drama “It’s Okay, It’s Love,” Ji Hae-soo, the main character who suffers from anxiety disorders after witnessing his mother’s affair as a child, met with Jang Jae-il and overcame it. As there are various stories, the subject of an affair can easily be debated as to whether it is necessary for the plot or not.

In the 2010 drama “Red Candy,” writer Noh Hee-kyung also talked about affairs. When the possibility of controversy was raised, she replied, “If a hot battle occurs and my script becomes a hot topic, it is a good thing for a writer.”

Amid various opinions on the drama “Our Blues,” the unique format of the work is also drawing attention. This is because the cast members will not appear all at once, but will deliver their stories in the form of an omnibus. In the second half of the drama, the relationship between the cast will gradually become intertwined. The story of Cha Han-soo and Jung Eun-hee will appear from episode 1 to 3.

Source: https://www.wikitree.co.kr/articles/745436

https://soahmusing.blogspot.com/2022/04/tvn-drama-our-blues-press-conference.html
Theqoo: TVN drama <Our Blues> press conference photo ㅎㄷㄷㄷ

By SoahMusing | April 8, 2022

C649048A-C301-44B9-B6B3-8294D8E4FDAB.jpg

496E9D8F-2826-4E36-9B40-7D3C9A402257.jpg

K-netizen comments:
1. The lineup is really epic. 
2. Only 2 people breathe different air.
3. Wow Cha Seung Won..really looks like a model...By the way, Jung Hwa unni is really not old. 
4. Are Cha Seung Won and Kim Woo Bin refrigerators?
5. They're all in the same place?? I thought it was photoshoppedㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
6. Oh, there is a couple in the same drama. 
7. I like it so much, from writer to actorsㅠㅠ
8. Wow Cha Seung Won.... Really a Korea's one-top ㅠㅠㅠㅠ
9. The height difference is crazy. It's like synthesis. 
10. Each of the cast members is the one-top protagonist in movie and they all appear in one drama. It's awesome. 
11. Even Lee Byung Hun is short but his proportions look good. He has the smallest face. 
12. Jimin unni is totally an angle ㅜㅠㅠ
13. It's so cool that Shin Min A and Kim Woo Bin come out together ㅎㅎㅎ
14. Min A is lovely ㅠ
15. I thought that was a Lee Byung Hun's standee at first ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ He looks like a wax figure. 
16. Wow Isn't the casting like an award ceremony?
17. The lineup is great but why does the photo come out looking like it was synthetic? ㅋㅋㅋㅋ
18. The ratio of Cha Seung Won is amazing. It's very different from ordinary people.
19. Wow Han Ji Min is a fairy? 
20. Cha Seung Won and Kim Woo Bin are former models. They are long and tall.

https://www.pannchoa.com/2022/04/theqoo-tvn-our-blues-press-conference.html
[theqoo] TVN 'OUR BLUES' PRESS CONFERENCE PICTURES ㅎㄷㄷㄷ

By Pannchoa | April 07, 2022

original post: https://theqoo.net/index.php?mid=hot&filter_mode=normal&page=3&document_srl=2410551536

1. Everyone is eyeing Kim Woobin and Shin Mina
2. The casting is awesome. Although it's possible because it's writer Noh Heekyung ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
3. Why does Lee Byunghun look like a cut out?
4. I think that it would look better if Shin Mina and Han Jimin switched spots
5. What's Shin Mina and Kim Woobin's relationship? What's up with the comments?
> They are dating
6. Anyways, Kim Woobin, congrats on your return ㅠㅠ
7. Why does Lee Byunghun look like a panel?ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
8. Looking forward to it. Welcome back Kim Woobin. Noh Heekyung is my favorite writer
9. So Lee Byunghun is coupled with Shin Mina and Han Jimin with Kim Woobin??
10. Wow Cha Seungwon is crazy
11. It's hilarious how Lee Byunghun looks like a panel ㅜㅜㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
12. Wow seeing Woobin and Cha Seungwon like that, you can really tell that their heights are no joke. Their proportions are also daebak
13. Cha Seungwon's proportions, wow
14. Why is Lee Byunghun a Sims?ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
15. Yah look at Kim Woobin and Cha Seungwon's legs...

https://kbizoom.com/cha-seung-won-a-gentleman-in-his-50s-with-a-turbulent-past/
Cha Seung Won: A gentleman in his 50s with a “turbulent” past

By Hachi1207 | December 1, 2021

6352C4F3-FFE0-419B-971E-A9330330218A.png

Even after turning 50s, Cha Seung-won is still one of the top stars in the film industry. Let’s take a look at the life of the gentleman icon of the Korean entertainment industry.

At the present time, it is difficult for any Korean actor to surpass Cha Seung Won‘s title of the best “uncle” on the screen. Although Cha Seung Won has turned 51 this year, it seems that this gentleman still makes many juniors respect because of his elegance, experience and top-notch career. Currently, his new work One Ordinary Day is being broadcast. Let’s take this opportunity to learn about his career and personal life!

Consisting of 8 episodes, One Ordinary Day delves into the criminal justice system through the story of two men who are embroiled in the murder of a woman. It premiered on Coupang Play on November 27, 2021.

The journey to become a symbol of Korean film industry

Perhaps no one can deny actor Cha Seung Won‘s influence even though he is 50 now. “Gentleman” is the word that fans most frequently use to call this “uncle”.

Right from the age of 17, Cha Seung Won had a starting point as a fashion model thanks to his 1m88 body and handsome face. However, his passion for acting motivated him to give up his education at Sungkyunkwan University although it is one of the top schools in Korea.

Cha Seung Won became an entertainment star thanks to his roles in Jail Breakers, Kick the Moon, My Teacher, Mr. Kim and Ghost House. After that, he confirmed his ability to transform through Blood Rain and My Son.

Cha Seung Won is also famous for dramas such as City Hall, Bodyguard and The Greatest Love. It was not until 2011 that his role in the romantic comedy-drama The Greatest Love made Cha Seung Won become a top star and huge phenomenon in Korean pop culture. Numerous commercial contracts as well as film awards have also been given to him since then.

His marriage with a wealthy woman who is 4 years older than him

Cha Seung Won was a rare case in the Korean entertainment industry. After getting caught telling a lie about his private life, Cha Seung Won was not criticized but received more support from the public.

In 1999, Cha Seung Won’s secret marriage was revealed for the first time through an essay book written by his wife – Lee Soo Jin.

Rising to stardom early, Cha Seung Won faced many difficulties persuading his parents before being able to get married to Lee Soo Jin, the lover who is 4 years older than him. Not long after their marriage, the couple’s first son was born when Cha Seung Won was only 19.

Spending more than 22 years raising his stepchild

In 2003, they continued to welcome their second daughter and lived happily together until Cha Seung Won was involved in a scandal about his private life in 2014. At that time, Cha No Ah (son) had a problem with the use of banned substances and was related to a female student.

At this time, the actor’s fame was at its peak thanks to The Greatest Love, he received a series of advertising contracts and film offers.  The son’s incident seriously affected Cha Seung Won‘s image. The public apology to the media sparked a bigger scandal, exposing a lie that lasted more than 20 years of Cha Seung Won and his wife.

In 2014, a man surnamed Cho claimed himself as Cha No Ah’s biological dad. This person said that Cha Seung Won’s considering Cha No Ah as his biological son made him feel humiliated. Mr. Cho also demanded that Cha – Lee’s family pay him 100 million won ($81,500).

According to that person, he was Lee Soo Jin‘s previous lover, and after breaking up, they had a child together.  In fact, Cha Seung Won has always known about this, but because he loves his wife and wants to protect her honor, Cha Seung Won was forced to lie to the public that he is Cha No Ah‘s biological father.

At this time, Cha Seung Won admitted that he had lied about his marriage to Lee Soo Jin for more than 22 years. The actor said he registered his marriage in 1992 – 3 years later than the information given in the autobiography.

Because he loved Lee Soo Jin so much, the actor decided to adopt No Ah, considering him as his own son. Thinking that the audience would hurt his wife and children if the truth was revealed, Cha Seung Won asked Lee Soo Jin to lie about the time of the wedding as well as the timelines in their love story.

The actor once confided that he entered the acting profession simply for the sake of his family: “I do this profession (acting), I make money for the life of my dear family. My goal in life is not success or popularity.  Of course, I want to be more successful than others, because success will help me bring the best to the people I love.”

The story of Cha Seung Won is a classic example of a man who can make any of us swoon. Despite the obstacles of love and social prejudice, he is still willing to cover and protect the lives of his wife and children. 

586049DB-F93E-43AC-8964-A0D097BB804B.jpg

Spoiler

ADE6C594-EF73-402E-AD46-08FB3977F654.jpg

3F247769-7452-4F45-A630-691CAA86E6BB.jpg

On 4/7/2022 at 3:33 AM, Helena said:

Amid various opinions on the drama “Our Blues,” the unique format of the work is also drawing attention. This is because the cast members will not appear all at once, but will deliver their stories in the form of an omnibus. In the second half of the drama, the relationship between the cast will gradually become intertwined. The story of Cha Han-soo and Jung Eun-hee will appear from episode 1 to 3.

https://k-odyssey.com/news/newsview.php?ncode=1065603858136072
‘Our Blues’, Noh Hee-kyung’s emotion on top of the scenery of Jeju Island, starts with viewer rating of 7.3 percent

연합뉴스 / 2022-04-10 18:04:23

A69972C5-AABB-497B-9144-60B398E611A1.jpg
▲ This photo, provided by tvN, shows the drama 'Our Blues.' (PHOTO NOT FOR SALE) (Yonhap)

SEOUL, Apr. 10 (Yonhap) -- Writer Noh Hee-kyung's "Our Blues," which captures the beautiful scenery of Jeju Island, starts with a viewer rating of 7 percent.

According to Nielsen Korea, a rating research company, on the 10th, the first broadcast of tvN's Saturday-Sunday drama "Our Blues," aired at 9:10 p.m. the previous day, records 7.3 percent.

"Our Blues," an omnibus drama, is story of a lively Jeju five-day village market and people in there. The first episode depicted Choi Han-soo (played by Cha Seoung-won) and Jung Eun-hee (played by Lee Jung-eun) reuniting after 20 years.

Han-soo, a banker who had to borrow money to pay for his daughter's golf study abroad, was transferred to his hometown Jeju, and Eun-hee, who succeeded as a manager of her fish store with annual income of 2.3 billion won, was living tenaciously every day.

Hand-soo, burdened by the weight of his hard life, smiled at Eun-hee's appearance, which was still rough but bold, and Eun-hee bursts into laughter as she recalled the memory of giving a surprise kiss to Han-soo when she was a student.

Writer Noh, who returned four years after the drama ‘Live’ (2018), fills the drama with warm and humane sensibility while at the same time portraying lonely Han-soo and Eun-hee living hard in reality.

Splendid lineup of other characters, which is to appear in the next episode after the story of Han-soo and Eun-hee, also draws attention.

Spoiler

Kim Woo-bin, who returns to the drama after six years of overcoming nasopharyngeal cancer, plays a character Park Jeong-joon and Han Ji-min takes role of Lee Young-ok, a haenyeo (woman diver) from land, making fresh love line with Park Jeong-joon. Also, despite Lee Byung-hun’s short appearance as a trucker as well as jack of all trades, he caught the audiences’ eyes with realistic daily acting.

Meanwhile, JTBC's "My Liberation Notes," which first aired at 10:30 p.m. on the same day, records a 2.9 percent viewer rating.  In the first episode, daily lives of three siblings living in a quiet rural village Sanpo, were introduced.  First, Yeom Ki-jung (Lee El) complained to her friend, saying that the blind date she went on "failed," while Yeom Chang-hee (Lee Min-ki), her brother, faced a breakup notice from his lover, who told him that she cannot stand him because he is out of style. The youngest of three siblings, Yeom Mi-jung (Kim Ji-won), is an introverted character having difficulty in relationships even at work and office dinners.  Overall, the drama captures the concern of each character in calm mood.

(This article is translated from Korean to English by Kim Jimin.)

(END)

https://soahmusing.blogspot.com/2022/04/the-viewership-ratings-of-two-dramas.html
Theqoo: The viewership ratings of the two dramas that aired for the first time yesterday

By SoAhMusing | on April 10, 2022

Nationwide / Metropolitan area
tvN  'Our Blues': 7.324 / 8.107
JTBC  'My Liberation Notes': 2.941 / 3.057

// me: These 2 shows are not on the same time slot: My Blues (9:10pm), My Liberation Notes (10:30pm). //

K-netizen comments:
1. I only saw Our Blues and it's so much fun but I will watch My Liberation Notes too. 
2. I was expecting a lot from My Liberation Notes but it wasn't fun. The atmosphere was too gloomy. 
3. I like something with quality and calm. 
4. Our Blues is very fun. 
5. My Liberation Notes is totally my style... 
6. Both are fun. 
7. I don't think My Liberation Notes will be a drama with high ratings but it just fits my taste. 
8. Both of them don't suit me. 
9. My Liberation Notes was so pathetic and depressingㅜ
10. Son Seok Koo and Lee El, it's a familiar combination.
11. Our Blues was so good. I think it's been a while since I found a drama that I could put my mind to. 
12. My Liberation Notes was really fun. I already healed ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ

• Helena changed the title to Cha Seung-Won 차승원 [Drama “Our Blues” (Sat/Sun 9:10pm, tvN/NETFLIX)]
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/7/2022 at 3:33 AM, Helena said:

https://tapcomics.com/tv/our-blues-cha-seung-won-talks-about-han-sus-feelings-toward-eun-hui/
Our Blues: Cha Seung-Won Talks About Han-Su’s Feelings Toward Eun-Hui

by T. Kim | images: Netflix

F98F0B84-06BD-4770-92B8-038F32690812.jpg

Spoiler

5DC9FDFE-7652-4568-BAE4-CA80ECEA388B.jpg

In its first three episodes out of twenty, “Our Blues” told the stories of “Han-Su and Eun-Hui.” Han-Su returned to his family at the end of the episode. The audience is wondering if he will no longer be shown in the drama. According to actor Cha Seung-Won, who played Han-Su, “Han-Su will reappear once more in episode 20.”

In an interview following the conclusion of his episodes, Cha Seung-Won discussed his thoughts on Han-Su’s feelings toward Eun-Hui. He also discussed how he prepared for the role.

Q: Han-Su’s detailed facial expressions were particularly appealing to me. Han-Su doesn’t often express his emotions. It’s difficult to act with facial expressions that convey a wide range of contradictory emotions, and playing Han-Su entails a lot of that. It was impressive to see Han-Su looking up at the sky from a beach in Episode Two.
Cha Seung-Won: That’s why I had to read scripts so many times, even if the script itself was very simple. Han-Su can’t overreact in the scenes, so I drew some lines that he can’t cross while walking and moving. My act had to stay within those boundaries and not cross them.

Q: You mentioned boundaries. Could you give me some examples?
Han-Su can not be a lively character. Even if he runs into some of his school’s alumni, he shouldn’t appear so energized. He is happy when he meets new people, but he shouldn’t be overjoyed. So I reasoned that I needed to maintain my emotional boundaries. When he met Eun-Hui for the first time in a while, he was smiling but not overjoyed.

Q: In your opinion, how did Han-Su feel about Eun-Hui? On the way to Mokpo, Han-Su shakes off snack powder from Eun-Hui’s mouth. Do you believe that was done on purpose or out of genuine emotion?
I had a lot of thoughts about it. I also asked a lot of people about it. Han-Su, in my opinion, was genuine with Eun-Hui. Han-Su does not love Eun-Hui, but he cares about her. He planned the trip in order to borrow money from Eun-Hui, and he wanted to be nice to her. But as he continues on his journey, he becomes increasingly self-embarrassed. Han-Su was aware of Eun-Hui’s feelings for him, and he grew more aware of them over time.

Q: Eun-Hui eventually learns of Han-Su’s plan through her friends’ calls. Would Han-Su have asked for a loan if Eun-Hui hadn’t known until the end?
I doubt Han-Su could have done it. How could Han-Su say that when he knows what kind of life Eun-Hui has? I believe Han-Su will find another way after he returns from his trip. Throughout the trip, Eun-Hui keeps reminiscing about their school days; she and Han-Su did this and that. Han-Su couldn’t carry out his original plan while recalling those memories.

Q: “Our Blues” is gaining traction even in an environment where a variety of new drama genres are being introduced. What do you think the reason is?
I believe that human stories and stories about relationships have lasting power. Even in these days full of rapid change and provocative events, people continue to seek out warm stories. It’s not easy to tell the stories of all the characters in “Our Blues,” but there’s a great writer who writes a wonderful script and directors who can express the script into drama so well. And there are actors who do a good job of delivering those scripts to their audiences. In my career, I hope to be a part of more heartwarming stories.

Source: Hani
https://n.news.naver.com/mnews/article/028/0002587220?sid=103

https://k-odyssey.com/news/newsview.php?ncode=1065581103234921
'Our Blues' receives favorable reviews while 'My Liberation Notes' fails to draw attention

YonhapNews / 2022-04-19 11:45:43
(This article is translated from Korean to English by Kim Sun Min.) 

33EB2693-AB80-4721-92EF-F6E3782C837A.jpg
▲ This photo, provided by tvN, shows the drama "Our Blues." (PHOTO NOT FOR SALE) (Yonhap)

Spoiler

SEOUL, Apr. 19 (Yonhap) – The new weekend dramas "Our Blues" and "My Liberation Notes,” which delicately depict the psychology of the characters, received mixed reviews.

According to a broadcasting company on Apr. 19, tvN's "Our Blues," which was first aired on Apr. 9, recently recorded a viewer rating of 9.2 percent, which is on the verge of surpassing 10 percent.

Meanwhile, JTBC's "My Liberation Notes," which broadcasted its first episode on the same day, has narrowly maintained 2 percent in viewership, falling from 3 percent to 2.3 percent.

The two dramas made their debut by emphasizing their strengths of embracing emotions while genre dramas with intense subject matters, which center on OTT(Over-the-top media service) platform, have become a trend in the entertainment industry. 

However, while "Our Blues" drew sympathy by featuring characters with various stories, "My Liberation Notes" has received reviews that it is not enough to attract viewers' interest due to rather depressing stories of the three siblings living in rural areas near Seoul.

“Our Blues,” a series in an omnibus format, cheers for the happy and bitter lives of people enduing pain but never losing hope to get over the ups and downs of their lives.

A total of four episodes have been aired so far, portraying two stories with the blue sea of Jeju Island in the background.

The story of Han-soo(Cha Seung-won) and Eun-hee(Lee Jung-eun), who were high school friends and now have become middle-aged, reuniting after a long time makes audiences smile, while the young love stories of Young-ok(Han Ji-min) and Jeong-joon(Kim Woo-bin) tickle viewers.

It has received favorable reviews that the strength of screenwriter Noh Hee-kyung, who created successful humane dramas including “It's Okay, That's Love” and “Live,” stood out once again.

The cast leading the story of each episode has also drawn attention.

S. Korean sars Lee Byung-hun, Go Doo-shim, Kim Hye-ja, Cha Seung-won, Shin Min-a, Kim Woo-bin, Uhm Jung-hwa, and Han Ji-min have appeared in the drama. The actors transform into the realistic characters in the work and tell stories of pain and hope that anyone experiences once in their lives.

On the other hand, there are many responses that viewers feel uncomfortable watching "My Liberation Notes” as they see characters indulging in self-pity with the generally sluggish mood of the drama.

First, Yeom Ki-jung(Lee El) complained to her friend, saying that the blind date she went on "failed," while Yeom Chang-hee(Lee Min-ki), her brother, faced a breakup notice from his lover, who told him that she cannot stand him because he is out of style. The youngest of three siblings, Yeom Mi-jung(Kim Ji-won), is an introverted character having difficulty in relationships even at work and office dinners.

Through the three siblings, the drama tries to unveil the hidden feelings that people have not been able to look directly into. However, it is pointed out that it failed to draw sympathy due to excessive emotions.

On top of that, there is also an evaluation that it is frustrating to follow the slow pace of development of emotional scenes, which are screened with the monologues of the characters.

Although the drama has drawn attention for its renowned screenwriter Park Hae-young, who wrote "My Mister” and "Another Miss Oh," which were loved for the lines that sharply reveal reality, some people point out that "My Liberation Notes” seems to have "famous lines" in mind, making the story quite awkward.

Drama critic Gong Hee-jung said, “’Our Blues’ has a wide range of actors from various age groups and Noh’s own style of sensibility, which digs into the story of daily life, touch the viewers,” adding, “The setting of Jeju Island in the drama also led the work in popularity.”

Gong also mentioned, “On the contrary, ‘My Liberation Notes’ is inevitably narrow in the range of audiences as it pursues minor emotions of the youth living in a quite rural village Sanpo,” adding, “However, as the drama is still in the early stages, it may be evaluated as a highly completed work like “My Mister.”  (END)

Stats for the beginning two weeks….

Lists of Most Buzz Worthy Dramas & Actors [1st Week of April, 2022]
Good Data Corporation (https://instagram.com/gooddata_official) has shared its weekly rankings of the most popular dramas and cast members who have generated the most buzz over the past week! The company analyzed news articles, blog posts and online communities, videos, and social media from April 4 to April 10 for dramas that are currently airing or are set to air, and they revealed the results on April 11.

The top 10 dramas that generated the most buzz for the 1st week of April
2. tvN “Our Blues” - 12.01% (NEW)

The top 10 drama actors that generated the most buzz for the 1st week of April
5. tvN “Our Blues” - Cha Seung-won (NEW)
7. tvN “Our Blues” - Lee Jung-eun (NEW)

Lists of Most Buzz Worthy Dramas & Actors [2nd Week of April, 2022]

Good Data Corporation has shared its weekly rankings of the most popular dramas and cast members who have generated the most buzz over the past week! The company analyzed news articles, blog posts and online communities, videos, and social media from April 11 to April 17 for dramas that are currently airing or are set to air, and they revealed the results on April 18.

The top 10 dramas that generated the most buzz for the 2nd week of April
1. tvN “Our Blues” - 22.26% (+1)

The top 10 drama actors that generated the most buzz for the 2nd week of April
1. tvN “Our Blues” - Cha Seung-won (+4)
2. tvN “Our Blues” - Lee Jung-eun (+5)

RACOI — << 1st Week of April (2022.04.04~2022.04.10) >>
Drama
2. Our Blues

Drama Actors
4. Cha Seung-won (Our Blues)
7. Lee Jung-eun (Our Blues)

RACOI — << 2nd Week of April (2022.04.11~2022.04.17) >>
Drama
1. Our Blues

Drama Actors
1. Cha Seung-won (Our Blues)
2. Lee Jung-eun (Our Blues)

https://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/art/2022/04/688_327898.html
Down-home K-dramas strike chord with global viewers

By Kwak Yeon-soo | 2022-04-24

D49BDB16-0102-459D-99C5-E0BCF21E86CE.jpg
Actors Cha Seung-won, left, and Lee Jung-eun in a scene from tvN's series "Our Blues" / Courtesy of tvN

Fast-paced storytelling, betrayals, suspense and dark twists were once considered key to the success of K-dramas. To satisfy content-hungry viewers, who look for non-conventional stories, TV productions have cycled through zombie, monster and slasher genres.

Now entering the third year of the COVID-19 pandemic, however, shows have turned to slow-paced, feel good dramas to strike a chord with global viewers.

TvN's Multi-starrer series "Our Blues" follows a group of people in a seaside town on Jeju Island going through ups and downs in their lives. The main characters ― played by Lee Byung-hun, Shin Min-a, Cha Seung-won, Lee Jung-eun, Han Ji-min and Kim Woo-bin ― each carry their own set of problems and deal with personal tragedies. Although they do not directly know each other, all characters are somehow connected to one another as the story unfolds.

The actors echoed the sentiment that the format helps the 20-episode show portray various kinds of people and their lives in a more balanced way, although their parts or roles are relatively short in "Our Blues" compared with their previous works.

"It's important for Korean storytellers and producers to come up with series that will appeal to global audiences. However, what's more important is telling a good story that resonates with viewers around the world," said an official at Studio Dragon, a production company under CJ ENM.

"Our stories usually include a number of characters, each with a different role or purpose in the series, and is based on profound appreciation for humans and life. We believe these shared feelings are universal."

JTBC's drama "My Liberation Notes" revolves around three grown-up siblings who are frustrated by and seeking escape from their lives on the outskirts of Seoul.

They are not in life-or-death or tragic situations, but the characters are unhappy with their lives ― social pressure to get married by a certain age, be more extroverted and live in Seoul. The series tells of coping and self-care strategies practiced by the misfits. Moments built on emotional bonding or tropes of shared trauma also help balance out melodramatic undertones.

"Block out all external noise and watch this drama when you need rest," actor Kim Ji-won said. 

Two new mood-lifting series ― KT's "Never Give Up," featuring actors Kwak Do-won and Yoon Du-jun, and Netflix's "The Sound of Magic," fronted by Ji Chang-wook ― will hit screens in May.

https://zapzee.net/2022/04/29/k-drama-review-our-blues-a-story-that-touches-our-hearts/
[K-Drama Review] ‘Our Blues’: A Story That Touches Our Hearts

by Eungee Joh | Edited by Young Jun Yang | Translated by Eungee Joh | Photos: tvN

77805DD3-A13F-46B6-A852-F7E3D6E65F8D.web

Perhaps because of the global pandemic or the constantly spawning violent and graphic shows, quiet, slice-of-life-style dramas are currently gaining great popularity. tvN’s Our Blues tells a heartwarming story that offers hope to all of us who may be going through hard times via the beautiful view of Jeju Island, the breeze of its sea, and the stories from its population.

Our Blues features a star-studded cast that includes Lee Byung Hun, Shin Min A, Cha Seung Won, Lee Jung Eun, Han Ji Min, Kim Woo Bin, Uhm Jung Hwa, Kim Hye Ja and Go Doo Sim. Expectations were high for this project as it stars a stunning cast that could easily put together a blockbuster movie. However, there were some concerns about how the show would carry out its narrative. Fortunately, the drama took a breather by selecting an omnibus format to weave different stories together. With all characters telling their own narratives in each episode, the drama emphasizes its central message: “We are the main characters in the stories of our lives.” It is also fun to see the previous episode’s main characters casually walking by like “Friend 1” in other episodes, not to mention the cast’s brilliant performances.

The drama views Jeju island with a fresh set of eyes as it describes the place as a “neighborhood where people reside” rather than “a travel destination,” which often comes from other dramas with outsiders’ perspectives. The drama is filled with warm and cozy moments of Pureung villagers and fully shows the eccentric Jeju dialects, lively auction houses, crowded seafood markets and the famous five-day market. The beautiful scenery of Jeju Island on the small screen also gives us vicarious satisfaction as it distracts us from the aftermath of our pandemic life.

A21E8911-1FEA-4084-BC2A-4964A2A1A49A.web

The show begins with the story of Eun Hee (played by Lee Jung Eun) and Han Soo (Cha Seung Won). Han Soo returns to his hometown Pureung on Jeju island to take a break from his busy, overwhelming city life. His daughter has been living abroad for several years to study golf and the cost is now putting serious financial strain on him. After learning that his hometown friend Eun Hee is affluent and still has feelings for him, he decides to borrow money from her by taking advantage of the fact that he was once her first love. However, his plan does not go as he hoped, and the friendship between the two verges on collapsing.

The story of the two ended on a perfect note, although many worried that it might be another ‘makjang drama’ with twisted relationships. Both characters successfully made the audience tune into the show with incredibly relatable stories. However, it was wrong for Han Soo to borrow money from Eun Hee like that, even if he didn’t want his daughter to repeat his past. But knowing his whole situation helped us understand why he had to take that step. The scene where Eun Hee sheds her tears after realizing that her first love is over for once and for all broke many hearts as if they were meant to be broken. Many say that those two episodes would have never managed to leave a lasting impression as they did if it weren’t for Cha Seung Won and Lee Jung Eun. The “Goodbye” text message she sent and her singing along to “Whisky on the Rocks” while she patched up her wounds made us all wonder what stories they have for us next.

Spoiler

F7F98D59-AC1B-443F-8C41-7132CA60D0FA.web

However, the episodes that aired after the part with “Hansoo and Eunhee” have not managed to impress us just yet. The same goes for the romance between Young Ok (played by Han Ji Min) and Jung Joon (Kim Woo Bin), the relationship between Dong Suk (Lee Byung Hun) and Sun Ah (Shin Min A) as well as the friendship that was torn apart by an incident and the story between a mother and a son. Each episode seems to have a deviation depending on the message or subject matter it wishes to portray.

The “Young Joo and Hyun” episode was not special at all as it was just another story about teen pregnancy. The narrative wasn’t just ‘not special,’ it was disturbing. The scene where they hear their baby’s heartbeat at an abortion hospital or where Hyun shouts, “We have a pregnant woman on the bus. She’s carrying my baby,” had us cringe pretty hard. On top of that, when Young Joo decides to have Hyun’s baby, the two share a heartfelt kiss with overly dramatic background music. It’s regrettable to see how the episodes secretly instill a sense of guilt about getting an abortion and romanticizes teen pregnancy.

The story has just begun as only six of the twenty episodes have been aired so far. We’ll be getting fourteen more episodes on the way, so there is plenty of room for the show to tell interesting episodes of other characters, including Young Joo and Hyun. Like how the writer wishes to “tell a kind and compassionate story for all of us,” I hope the rest of its episodes will be as heartwarming, touching, and lasting as Han Soo and Eun Hee’s story. (7/10)

• Awesome 1

• 3 weeks later...

https://www.dipe.co.kr/2205415
'Believer 2': Netflix confirm production for highly-anticipated sequel

by Soobyn Park | 06/20/2022 00:57 ET

F648776F-A2AA-4D4E-ACD4-208FB8F573D9.jpg

<Believer 2> Jo Jin-woong, Cha Seung-won, Han Hyo-joo, Oh Seung-hoon, Kim Dong-young, Lee Joo-young [NETFLIX]

Netflix has confirmed the production of movie 'Believer 2.’  

On June 20th, Netflix announced, "we have started to film 'Believer 2', a sequel to the movie 'Believer', and we will hit the screens around the world with a more large-scale action-packed film.”  'Believer 2' is the story of Detective Wonho, who is still on the hunt to find the biggest drug ring led by Mr. Lee and the missing ‘rock.’

Believer 2' will be directed by the director of ‘The Beauty Inside’, Baek Jong-Yeol, and produced by Yong Film, who produced ‘Call’, ‘Lucky’ and 'The Beauty Inside', which is expected to give a different cinematic feel to the sequel.  The plot follows a bloody fight at Yongsan Station. An official explained, "We plan to pursue the whereabouts of Rock and the identity of the drug organization that has not yet been revealed."

The star-studded lineup include: actors Jo Jin-Woong, Cha Seung-Won, Kim Dong-Young, and Lee Joo-Young who featured in the previous film, with new additions Han Hyo-Joo and Oh Seung-Hoon who have joined for the sequel.  Han Hyo-Joo takes on the role of Big Sword, a person who knows the true nature of Mr. Lee. An unexpected crisis is to center around this new character, adding more tension to the film.  Oh Seung-Hoon plays the role of Rock. An official said, "Please look forward to the return of familiarfaces from Believer, the transformation of the newly joined actors, and the unique synergy they will show."

[ By KRISHKIM@zapzee ] Believer 2 is the sequel to Believer, which was released in 2018 and made a huge box office hit by attracting 5.2 million moviegoers. The movie circled around detective Won Ho who is determined to catch the unseen boss of Asia’s biggest drug cartel by joining hands with Rak, a revenge-thirsty member of the gang. This upcoming sequel will follow Won Ho’s journey to find Rak that went missing.

5E7B8DB6-A7E6-4634-B5FA-7281A69A2078.jpg

Believer (2018) | Credit: NEW

Earlier, Cho Jin Woong and Cha Seung Won, who played detective Won Ho and Brian Lee, respectively, have joined the cast for Believer 2. However, Ryu Jun Yeol, who played the central role Rak, failed to join the sequel, so the production team held an audition to find a new actor. The actor they chose was rising star Oh Seung Hoon.  Having debuted in 2013, Oh Seung Hoon gained fame for playing the role of “red hat” in the drama Through the Darkness earlier this year. Currently, he’s showing solid performance in KBS’s Bloody Heart.  Joining the actor in the cast is Han Hyo Joo. Taking on the role of “Big Knife,” she’ll make the biggest transformation in her career for the movie. “Big Knife” is a person who knows the reality of Mr. Lee, the unseen boss of the drug cartel. She’ll bring danger with her every time she shows up, doubling the tension of the play.

Meanwhile, Believer 2 has confirmed its release on Netflix instead of in theaters. The movie comes from The Beauty Inside director Baik instead of director Lee Hae Young who helmed the prequel.

Source (1, 2)

• Helena changed the title to Cha Seung-Won 차승원

https://variety.com/2022/film/asia/netflix-korean-action-movie-believer-2-1235298659/
Netflix Greenlights Korean Action Movie ‘Believer 2’

By Patrick Frater | Jun 20, 2022 6:03am PT

Netflix has given a green light to “Believer 2,” a sequel to the 2018 hit crime action film “Believer.”

While the first film clocked up 5.06 million spectators and amassed a gross box office of $33.6 million in its theatrical career, the sequel will play only online.

The company said that the film will be directed by Baek Jong-yeol, who previously directed “The Beauty Inside,” a 2015 hit fantasy romance in which a person takes on a different physical appearance every day. The choice of Baek is expected to give the new film a different esthetic compared with the original “Believer.”

The confirmed cast includes the return of lead performers Cho Jin-woong and Cha Seung-won, as well as actress Han Hyo-joo, Oh Seung-hoon, Kim Dong-young and Lee Joo-young.

The first film, written and directed by Lee Hae Young (“The Silenced”) saw a determined cop team up with a gang member in order to catch Mr. Lee, the evasive boss of Asia’s largest drugs cartel. The sequel sees the reteaming of the cop with gang members who are not quite what they seem, the introduction of Han Hyo-joo (“Pirates: The Last Royal Treasure”) as Big Sword, another shady character who has insights into Lee’s organization, and action on a larger scale. The set piece action scenes include a battle at Seoul’s Yongsan station.

Korean media reports add that production is scheduled to start shortly in Korea and abroad and that a spin-off series is under consideration.

Cha is currently in strong demand after the success of 2021 film “Sinkhole” and ongoing TV series hit “Our Blues.”

https://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/art/2022/06/689_331317.html
Netflix to make crime film 'Believer' sequel

By Lee Gyu-lee | 2022-06-21

35330CF6-C5AA-4998-9D14-A4DAE5519449.jpg
From left, actors Cho Jin-woong, Cha Seung-won, and Han Hyo-joo will star in Netflix's crime film, "Believer 2."

The sequel to the crime action film, "Believer," which was released in 2018, will be made into a Netflix original film, the streaming platform announced Monday. 

Netflix also revealed the cast members for its upcoming film, which include actors from the first series, Cho Jin-woong and Cha Seung-won, as well as the new ones, Han Hyo-joo and Oh Seung-hoon.

"Believer" revolves around a detective, Won-ho (Cho), who is determined to bring down the unseen kingpin of a drug cartel, nicknamed Teacher Lee, who runs Asia's biggest drug ring. With the help of revenge-thirsty, low-level drug dealer Rak (Ryu Jun-Yeol), Won-ho meets the vicious Korean Chinese drug boss (Kim Joo-hyuk) and ambitious member of the cartel, Brian (Cha), who leads him to clues that help him find the drug lord. 

The first film sold over 5.2 million tickets after hitting local theaters. 

The sequel will pick up on the story after the bloody, violent fight at the end of the first movie. It will follow Won-ho as he continues to hunt down the kingpin and find out the truth behind the sudden disappearance of Rak.  Actor Oh will play the role of Rak and Han will play the role of a woman who knows the truth behind the kingpin.

The new movie will be led by director Baik Jong-yul, who directed the romance film, "The Beauty Inside" (2015).

• Blob 1

[2022-06-21] VIP Premiere of Director Park Chan-wook’s <Decision to Leave> (Tang Wei, Park Hae-il)

DE903121-63A1-4A3D-A8E1-A6FD85002FDD.jpg

[CJ ENM]

[2022-07-21] 2022 Broadcast Advertising Festival

CF Star Grand Prize - Cha Seung-won

Spoiler

DED4686E-8DC5-4E9D-99D1-2FA332C903D6.jpg

9C54982F-E640-46E0-8D05-59F9D5F74D92.jpg

2FCFC7F8-911B-45AC-A15E-59E6F6689F1C.jpg

[naver]

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

http://netizenbuzz.blogspot.com/2022/10/cha-seung-won-steals-show-at-seoul.html
Cha Seung Won steals the show at 'Seoul Fashion Week'

Wednesday, October 12, 2022

39EB1A80-0C93-4D09-857C-80BF6445F678.jpg

DDB706C6-61EF-475E-A63C-1FC8B837F864.jpg

Article: Cha Seung Won, Han Hye Jin, and Aiki are on the runway... one of the tallest yet

Source: Herald Economy via Naver
1. [+1,670, -10] Cha Seung Won-nim is exploding with charisma~ so cool!
2. [+483, -9] With Cha Seung Won and Bae Jung Nam there, why didn't Yoo Hae Jin attend!
3. [+207, -6] Cha Seung Won is like Dr. Strange, so cool
4. [+170, -7] As expected of Cha Seung Won!
5. [+68, -1] Cha Seung Won is like George Clooney.. so cool even in his older age..
6. [+68, -1] Cha Seung Won is honestly Korea's best model. From face to charisma, he's just a wall
7. [+68, -1] I don't care for any of the clothes, my eyes are all on Cha Seung Won. He's so cool.
8. [+65, -6] Why is Aiki there??
9. [+59, -12] I mean... Aiki got famous off of 'Street Woman Fighter'... so why is she there...?
10. [+43, -1] Sorry but all I cans ee is Cha Seung Won. He's aging in such a cool way. His outstanding facial features are going to look so cool the older he gets.
11. [+38, -2] What is Aiki doing amidst the pro models...
12. [+39, -9] Aiki has so much swag despite being shorter! Very cool!!
13. [+29, -0] Wow, Cha Seung Won outshines them all..

——

https://koreajoongangdaily.joins.com/2022/10/12/culture/lifeStyle/korea-seoul-fashion-week-ddp/20221012140403730.html
Seoul Fashion Week kicks off at DDP with celeb-packed Songzio show

BY SHIN MIN-HEE [shin.minhee@joongang.co.kr] | October 12, 2022

235D3D2D-3F20-460B-BEE6-23B6EDDD4FAF.jpg
Model and actor Cha Seung-won returned to the runway for Songzio's opening show at Seoul Fashion Week 2023 Spring/Summer on Tuesday. [SONGZIO]

Seoul Fashion Week is making a full return to the offline stage after a lengthy hiatus due to the Covid pandemic at Dongdaemun Design Plaza (DDP) in Dongdaemun District, eastern Seoul.

The event kicked off with the 2023 Spring/Summer (S/S) collection on Tuesday. A total of 32 domestic designer brands that have proven to be prominent in the Korean fashion scene are showcasing their newest styles until Saturday. 

The event had been forced to shift online since the beginning of the pandemic and back in March, shows were only partially held offline at different venues for 2022 Fall/Winter collections. 

“During the pandemic, all the shows were filmed in advance at places that represent Korean heritage and culture, such as the National Museum of Modern and Contemporary Art and palaces, and then were broadcasted globally,” Cho Hye-jeong, director of the Korean government’s beauty and fashion industry division, told the Korea JoongAng Daily. “So many people from around the world had expressed their interest in Korean fashion, particularly on platforms like YouTube and TikTok. 

“This edition of Seoul Fashion Week involves many local brands that contemplate topics of sustainability and eco-friendliness. We’re expecting a lot of overseas buyers to visit the shows.” 

Demoo Parkchoonmoo (by designer Park Choon-moo) and Songzio were the first two brands to open this year’s fashion week. The Songzio show, one of Korea’s top menswear brands led by fashion designer Song Zio, was held on an 120-meter (393-feet) long outdoor runway and was attended by dozens of celebrities, including K-pop group Viviz, Astro’s JinJin, CNBlue’s Kang Min-hyuk, BTOB’s Lee Minhyuk and iKON’s DK, and actors Kim Young-dae, Oh Ji-ho and Kwon Sang-woo, who is the ambassador for Seoul Fashion Week 2023 S/S. 

Songzio, in particular, garnered attention as actor Cha Seung-won (Songzio’s longtime muse), models Han Hye-jin and Bae Jung-nam and dancer Aiki (who earned newfound fame through Mnet’s street dance competition show “Street Woman Fighter” last year), strutted on the catwalk, donning the brand’s 63rd collection. 

The 1,000 seats were packed with eager onlookers. After the show was over, fashion lovers busily took selfies and photographs of each other, showing their excitement at finally being able to flash their unique outfits in person. 

“We’re thrilled to be able to be with everyone here today, since fashion lovers such as yourselves were probably thirsty for the offline stage while it was held online,” said Lee Suk-ja, chairman of the planning and economy committee of the Seoul Metropolitan Council, just before the Songzio show began. 

“We’ll do our best to make sure Seoul makes its place as a global fashion leader by actively supporting Korean designers and brands.” 

Spoiler

A tradeshow is taking place alongside Seoul Fashion Week 2023 S/S. In addition to booths under the theme of sustainability and environmentally-friendly materials, the tradeshow is hosting seminars regarding the future of fashion. [YONHAP]

A tradeshow is also taking place alongside Seoul Fashion Week 2023 S/S. In addition to booths under the theme of sustainability and environmentally-friendly materials, the tradeshow will host seminars on the future of fashion. 

Potential clients and retailers can connect with 86 brands — 47 clothing and 39 jewelry. 

Because it is Seoul Fashion Week’s long-awaited return to the offline stage, it is also hosting a number of events, like a DJ performance on Friday at 3 p.m. at the DDP’s Oullim Square stage. A QR market, which allows visitors to buy fashion garments from the available brands via QR codes on site, continues through Friday at the DDP. 

French fashion house Ami held its first Korean fashion show at Gwanghwamun Square in central Seoul on Tuesday night. [AMI]

On the sidelines, French fashion house Ami held its first Korean fashion show at the Gwanghwamun Square in central Seoul on Tuesday night.   

For those who are unable to attend, Seoul Fashion Week 2023 S/S can be viewed online. Events are being livestreamed through YouTube. Visit the website for more information. 

• Blob 1

• 2 weeks later...

https://k-odyssey.com/news/newsview.php?ncode=1065590353912020
Actress Kim Hye-soo, actors Cha Seung-won and Park Bo-gum receive commendation on Financial Day event

YonhapNews / 2022-10-25 14:19:19
(This article is translated from Korean to English by Joonha Yoo)

31F49B4D-EC59-44AC-BD84-5602639CA1C1.jpg
[Finance Day Awards] Actors Park Bo-gum (29), Kim Hye-soo (52), and Cha Seung-won (52) receive commendations in the savings and investment sector at the 7th Finance Day commemoration ceremony on the 25th.

8B522C7E-38BD-4D57-9252-E2FFE55CCA27.jpg

08EF15A5-67C1-4494-B297-9882854BC943.web

(from left) Actor Park Bo-gum, Financial Services Commission head Kim Joo-hyeon, actress Kim Hye-soo, and actor Cha Seung-won pose for commemorative photos during a ceremony in Seoul on Oct. 25, 2022, to mark the seventh Finance Day. [Provided by Financial Services Commission]

SEOUL October 25 (Yonhap) -- South Korean actors Park Bo-gum, Cha Seung-won, and actress Kim Hye-soo have been awarded with government Commendation for the Financial Day on Tuesday.

Financial Services Commission awarded 194 of those who have helped out with the development of finance industry during the celebration event of finance day held at 63 Convention located in Seoul.

Actress Kim Hye-soo was awarded with President’s Commendation in segment of savings and investment, actor Park Bo-gum was awarded with Prime Minister’s Commendation, and Cha Seung-won was awarded with commendation from the chairman of Financial Services Commission.

Actress Kim Hye-soo’s continuous effort to save money, and her donations towards victims of natural disasters, COVID19 and more have been recognized, therefore she was awarded with President’s Commendation.

Park Bo-gum was awarded with Prime Minister’s Commendation for his continuous effort to save money, and his donations towards disabled youth and various parts have been recognized greatly.

Actor Cha Seung-won’s effort to save money and his dedication to spread the healthy way of saving money has been recognized.

“One of the key reasons behind our economical development is saving therefore through the awards presented during the Finance Day we would like to recognize those who have contributed to the development of financial industry.” Kim Joo-hyeon, chairman of the Financial Services Commission stated in the opening speech of the event.

Finance day is a commemoration day to increase better understanding of the current financial industry and to cheer those who are engaged within the financial industry. (END)

Spoiler

0E092E03-0841-41C9-BFBE-B3F91F750CBF.jpg

EC99DA28-F912-47F3-89A2-F9C5AF06CA16.jpg

1C26F358-87E3-478C-A271-F6FE5AB2B3EB.jpg

298FCEB5-6B09-440A-90CA-2130D393D0EF.jpg

C4510C84-591E-49C3-BA02-8F739E8BD111.jpg

34174A1E-6402-4D14-A80A-3C25C78AF6DB.jpg

8136F1F5-660A-4F38-8345-6E0802DAEDEF.jpg

C2102484-24FA-49EE-917F-D2121A6940BB.jpg

8CE46440-8943-489D-9951-749D1531D69C.jpg

@ctto

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

http://www.koreaherald.com/view.php?ud=20221124000532
Star-studded lineup of nominees, presenters to grace Melon Music Awards

By Jie Ye-eun (yeeun@heraldcorp.com) | Nov 24, 2022

C348DBEB-3715-4D59-A8E4-1839821D8376.jpg
Presenters for the Melon Music Awards 2022 (Kakao Entertainment)

The long-awaited Melon Music Awards are just around the corner, with a star-studded lineup now in place. Returning as an in-person event after a nearly three-year hiatus due to COVID-19, big-name artists are set to grace the renowned musical event.

The 14th edition of the awards show will be held at its usual venue at the Gocheok Sky Dome in Guro-gu, southwestern Seoul, at 6 p.m. on Saturday, according to Kakao Entertainment, which runs Melon, the country’s largest music streaming platform.

The high-profile presenter lineup of actors, TV personalities, models, creators and dancers for the upcoming MMA was unveiled Thursday, while actors Cha Seung-won, Kim Hyang-gi and model-turned-actor Lee Soo-hyuk were confirmed as presenters.

Actors Ahn Hyo-seop and Kim Se-jeong, who starred in SBS’ romantic comedy “Business Proposal,” and rising actors Park Ji-hu, Bae Hyun-sung and Moon Sang-min will also appear as presenters.

Comedian and rapper Haha, model Shin Hyun-ji, dance crew Hook's Aiki, Congolese-born TV personality and YouTuber Jonathan Yiombi and his sister Patricia Yiombi, and beauty YouTuber will present the awards to the artists at this year’s MMA as well.

Ahead of unveiling the lineup of presenters, the awards organizer said that the event would feature a diverse range of nominees, including Lim Young-woong, Monsta X, (G)I-dle, Tomorrow X Together, Enhypen, Ive, NewJeans, Le Sserafim, StayC, Be'O and MeloMance.

Rookie girl group Le Sserafim will attend such an awards show for the first time in its music career and perform on the stage. Meanwhile, indie singer 10cm will collaborate with rapper BIG Naughty, and the recently launched Gomak Boys -- a special K-pop project group from Kakao Entertainment comprising Paul Kim, Kim Min-seok of MeloMance, Jung Seung-hwan, Ha Hyun-sang and BIG Naughty -- will separately take to the stage.

The ceremony will stream online through various channels, including Melon, Kakao TV, Wavve and the official YouTube channel of 1theK for watchers overseas. The red carpet event kicks off at 5 p.m. Saturday, streaming live on Wavve.