Kim So Eun 김소은

Guest ilikemangoss

Guest regeena88

i've watched the japanese version..but i think ga eul's character wouldn't turn out to be a stalker like the previous version did..bof is a bit different since the very beginning..the pd also hinted us a 'possible' happy ending..so, maybe this time it would be different.. well, i hope it will.....

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Airine Pratama

wah so eun looks pretty and cute in the red coat pics ... her face is the type you will never get bored to look at ... sometime girls can be pretty but bore you after a while but her face doesn't ... she can be cute and she can be pretty too ... oh and i love her eyebrows ...

Guest heartdrops

"Compared with Playboy So Yi Jeong, Goo Jun Pyo is more ideal"

20090209_a28105a57d64ef924409R0wnm3rmnfMm.jpg20090209_9f7f93c30d5f69ebdeb4aPPAO9AxUJeM.jpg20090209_d2f21a52af9609d2ea02Cco4Onqvl1VH.jpg20090209_4c22f7279b3e219e21fcuVO8Mt8yc1W1.jpg

In drama "Boys Over Flowers", Jandi's best friend Ga Eul is acted by Kim So Eun (20 years old). Last Friday, we saw her tired face due to overnight filmings for her drama for two days. The filming makes her very tired but because of the high ratings, she still feels very happy.

More and more people started to recognize her on the streets. They even say when they see her, "It's Ga Eul. She's so pretty!" and requests to take a picture with her. When anyone recognizes their popularity, they would feel excited and full of strength. After So Eun filmed her CF during high school, she continued in to acting in dramas like Sisters of the Sea and Sad Love Story. In recent drama Empress Chun Chu, she acts as the younger version of Hwang Bo Soo .

"Because of the tight filming schedules of Boys Over Flowers and Empress Chun Chu earlier, it was even harder for me. On one hand, I was acting in a historic drama in front of so many sunbaes. On the other, I had to act as a shy girl in BOF. It was a bit confusing at times."

In reality, which character is more similar to So Eun? She replied, "When I'm with friends, I'm more like Hwang Bo Soo. When I'm alone, I'm like Ga Eul. I don't talk much when I first meet people. When I look at the monitor (camera?), I get so shy that I am unable to continue acting as my role."

Starting last week, Kim So Eun's scenes in her drama increased greatly. Ga Eul showed her one-sided love to F4 member So Yi Jeong (Kim Bum). According to their names from the drama, they beceame known as the "So-Yi couple". They received alot of support from the audience and in fact, they were classmates in school.

"We were just friends in school. When we are filming, he is a handsome colleague. Compared with the other actors, his dialogues are easier. We look after each other and we often joke around together."

When we asked who is her most ideal type from F4, she said, "It's Goo Jun Pyo. Although he seems perfect, guys that are imperfect in one aspect seem more attractive. I will never pardon playboy boyfriends like So Yi Jeong. (laughs)"

Chinese translations: lovesoeun

English translations: heartmonster@soompi

Please credit if taken out ^^

Note: This article is translated from Korean > Chinese > English, so meanings may be lost in translations.

Sorry, I'm not very good in translations, but I'd thought I'd give this fresh piece of news with out lovely So Eun a shot xD.

---------

Oh and about her recent cyworld entry a couple days ago, I got the translations! xD

잡지촬영날.

세트장앞에 환영한다고 쓰여있었다..

흐흐.....기분이 슝슝 붕붕 ...넘좋았당*

Shooting for a magazine.

The background contains welcoming messages..

Hehe.. my heart feels "syung syung pong pong" .. it's awesome*

LOL, sorry I can't translate the "sound effects" she makes.

------------

I love her style in BOF. Her clothes are so pretty and I LOVE her red coat in those pics up there! <333

awwww thanks for that article...

"We were just friends in school. When we are filming, he is a handsome colleague. Compared with the other actors, his dialogues are easier. We look after each other and we often joke around together."

they seemed to be really close friends..i love that they look out after each other...i wish we could see like BTS pics and videos while they were joking around! i'd like to see some REAL interaction between Kim Bum and So Eun...

i wonder what Kim Bum has to say to this..or whether he's been interviewed about his friendship with So Eun offset..

LOVE the pics btw! :)

Guest S0mething_W0nderful

heartmonster you are wonderful! Thanks a ton for the translations.

In reality, which character is more similar to So Eun? She replied, "When I'm with friends, I'm more like Hwang Bo Soo. When I'm alone, I'm like Ga Eul. I don't talk much when I first meet people. When I look at the monitor (camera?), I get so shy that I am unable to continue acting as my role."

Wow, I would have never thought because her acting is so superb. So Eun seems like a really sweet girl. I adore her more, and more as I learn about her.

Kris, I hear ya. There needs to be more BTS videos of these two actually talking/interacting that does not pertain to BBF. I've seen the ones where they are practicing lines, and the one where they're laughing together but I need more. >.<

Guest crazeebubbles

Starting last week, Kim So Eun's scenes in her drama increased greatly.

yays!!! does this mean more ga eul scenes? XD

btw, thanks for the translations and awesome pics! =D

and i agree! i need more gajeong bts vids! >.<

First news:

"Kim So Eun Prefers Joon Pyo Over Yi Jung"

Kim So Eun is currently playing as Chu Ga Eul in KBS Boys Before Flowers and had made her debut through CFs in 2005 when she was in her 3rd year of junior-high. When the interview was done last Friday with Kim So Eun, she had just come off from a 2-day marathon filming session lasting till daybreak and fatique was etched all over her face. The intense filming schedule had caused So Eun to feel extremely lethargic but the continous high ratings have made it very satisfying for her.

When So Eun walks on the streets now, people now recognize her and would express, "it's Ga Eul, so pretty" with more and more people are also coming up to her, requesting for her to take a photo with them. "I do feel the popularity that I am getting now. I am very happy and it gives me energy when it happens." But the success did not come instantly until her roles in Iron Empress and Boys Before Flowers recently. So Eun started out with CFs and small roles in MBC dramas Sisters of the Sea and Sad Love Song in 2005. So Eun admitted she felt even more tired when the filming schedules for Iron Empress and Boys Before Flowers clashed and she had to rush from one location to the other. While she was the outgoing, brave, straightfoward Hwang Bo Soo (young Empress Chun Chu) in Iron Empress, she had to switch into a shy high-school girl in Boys Before Flowers, this frequent change of roles sometimes leaves her feeling confused. But thankfully, her run in Iron Empress is now over and she can focus fully on her role in Boys Before Flowers.

But frankly, who does Kim So Eun resemble more in real life between Hwang Bo Soo and Ga Eul? Kim So Eun replied tactfully, "When I am with my friends, I resemble Hwang Bo Soo. When I am by myself, I am like Ga Eul. When I meet people whom I am seeing for the first time, I don't really talk much. And when they review my scenes on the camera, I am so shy that I can't even watch myself on camera."

If you notice from last week, scenes of Ga Eul have increased tremendously. Fans of the Yi Jung - Ga Eul couple in the drama have even started calling them the So-Eul couple although at the present moment, it seems to be just one-way love by Ga Eul towards Yi Jung. The excellent chemistry showed by the both of them is perhaps underlined by the fact that both are actually classmates at Chung-Ang University, majoring in film studies. "We are just normal friends in school while we become colleagues at the film set. Compared to other cast members, its easier for us to strike a conversation and that explains our chemistry, I guess. We look out for each other and also crack jokes."

When asked who is her ideal type among F4, So Eun replied, "It's Goo Joon Pyo. He might look really perfect but surprisingly, he does have some flaws and areas where he could improve on. Guys like these look really charismatic to me. As for playboys like So Yi Jung, I will definitely not forgive them (smiles)."

Second news:

"Kim So Eun Might Have Been A National Skier"

Kim So Eun has recently won a lot of popularity after her roles in KBS Iron Empress and most notably Boys Before Flowers. But if Kim So Eun hadn't ventured onto this acting path, she might have been skiing for the Korean national team instead.

"I am really caught offguard by all the attention showered upon me during this short period of time. It was frankly pretty difficult in the beginning, having to film for a modern and saeguk drama at the same time. But as time passes, it became much more easier. Especially for Iron Empress, I had to learn how to speak (in Goryeo era), the expressions, horse riding, fighting scenes, etc for 3 months. Although it was really tough acting as the teen version of Chae Si Ra sunbaenim, it was an opportunity for me to get noticed by viewers, so I put in a lot of effort during filming.

Kim So Eun who is involved with Kim Bum in Boys Before Flowers, was asked whether he was her ideal type in real life, "Guys who have a lot of money and are also talented? Actually, the image of Kim Bum in the drama is not my ideal type. But I have a good relationship with Kim Bum off set and are also classmates in the same year. Compared with Kim Bum, I am closer with Hye Sun unnie instead since we often interact on set. Everytime when I am hungry, it's always unnie (Hye Sun) who would feed me stuff to eat first (smiles)." As for Kim So Eun's ideal type, she expressed that she admires guys who commands respect.

The popularity of Boys Before Flowers has also led to a series of CSI investigations by netizens who would go and dig up pictures, etc about the past of the cast members. Naturally, Kim So Eun would be a target. The KTF CF which So Eun did with Kim Kibum in 2005 was thus successfully retrieved and became popular once again. But this time, it was all about Kim So Eun instead of Kim Kibum in 2005. So Eun expressed, "The CF was done in my 3rd year of junior-high and I was just starting out. I wasn't really working towards becoming a star or a famous one. I just worked hard and took baby steps until I finally got to act in dramas and raised my exposure, with more knowing who I really am. I did not just suddenly pop out just because I wanted to be an actress."

When she thinks of her image in the past, for example in the 2005 CF, she feels a bit embarassed seeing herself now back then, claiming that she had a lot of areas where she could have done better. Regarding her family, Kim So Eun currently lives with her parents and has a younger sister. So Eun said, "My parents prefers seeing me in a saeguk drama but my sister likes seeing me in Boys Before Flowers. But actually, she idolizes F4 more than me in the drama so much so that I had to make her agree that she would be on my side. Even my friends, they like F4 more than me. Although they would tell me that they have been watching Boys Before Flowers, they would always end by asking whether F4 are getting along well. Although it looks like I have been getting a lot of attention, indirectly, I feel like I am an outcast (smiles)."

So Eun loves to ski since she was little and she proudly expressed that she is quite a pro at it. If So Eun hadn't become an actress, she would be probably representing Korea as a national skier. "I do not regret my decision (to become an actress). My goal is to become an established actress like Naomi Watts in The Painted Veil. Its not my character to go for plastic to make myself look even prettier. I prefer looking the way that I am now from what my parents gave me."

Kim So Eun is now 21 years old. Compared to loving someone, she prefers to know more friends now. Sincerely wishing that Kim So Eun will remain as humble as she is now and become an even better actress in future.

credit: ALLKPOP

Guest heartdrops

Full Support for So-Eul Couple!!

1l1234317716ds5.jpg

In KBS drama Boys Over Flowers, "playboy" Kim Bum and Kim So Eun's "So-Eul" couple has been receiving alot of support.

The audience has named So Yi Jeong and Ga Eul as "So-Eul couple" and many of them are hoping that they will become a couple in the drama.

So Yi Jeong's "so" and Ga Eul's "eul" becomes "So-Eul couple", which its English pronounciation is very similar to "soul". The audience hopes that they will be together so they can be known as the "soul couple."

After episode 12 of Boys Over Flowers broadcasted, the audience expressed, "Please let So-Eul couple be together! They are true soulmates!", "So-Eul's story line is too good, it leaves people's heart jumping! Perfect couple!", "You must have So-Eul together!", "The most attractive pair! Let Ga Eul revive herself from her one-sided love and become a couple with Yi Jeong...", "It'd be great if Yi Jeong can accept Ga Eul's love", "I hope So-Eul can be each other's soulmate."

New article: artsnews

Chinese translations: lovesoeun

English translations: heartmonster@soompi.com

Excuse any mistranslations.

And oh! I skipped out a few lines in the middle because it just basically recapped So-Eul's storyline in BOF XD.

Guest Airine Pratama

^ Who's the guy in pic with So Eun?

And is that Chae Si Ra in the blue costume? From that angle they are kind of look alike hahaha since So Eun plays her younger version the Empress Chun Chu ...

Guest xradiostarx

omg thank you everyone for the translations of the many articles and all the pictures.

i am so jealous of so eun because she is so pretty ): i wish i had skin like her and the natural beauty. sadly my skin is really bad x_X

but anyways~ i love watching her on bof. omg i always spazz with my friends when she comes on with kimbum. i totally love that couple.

i seriously think that if they do a spin off of bof and just make yijung and gaeul the main couples, they would still get a lot of viewers xD

not being mean to the junpyo and jandi fans but i seriously sometimes just want them to get less screen time because i want to see the soeul couple more xDD

Guest Airine Pratama

Hi guyz i found this at Hye Sun's thread posted by Webby (Thanks Webby) ... I found it cute that Kim Bum asked Hye Sun to bring So Eun to the forum as well ... I guess i can't post this at GaJeong thread since this relate to Kim Bum and Kim So Eun not the Ga Jeong couple ...

Hyesun's messages on DC inside BOF gallery yesterday:

message1:

안녕하세요, 금잔디 역에 구혜선입니다.^^

DC인사이드 꽃보다 남자 갤러리 식구들, 안녕하세요^^ 금잔디 역에 구혜선입니다..ㅎㅎ

저희 드라마를 사랑해주셔서 너무너무 감사드리구요,

앞으로도 꾸준한 관심 부탁드릴게요..

^^ 오늘 촬영 끝나고 감사글 드리러 잠시 들렸답니다..

나중에 다시 또 올게요. 나중엔 장문의 글을 가지고..ㅎㅎ..^^

Ps. 여기서 웃긴거 많이 봤어요^^

그.. 싸이코패스???? 그거 특히 너무 재밌게 봤어요~ 제꺼도 만들어주세요!!^^ㅎㅎ

Rough translation:

Hello members of DC inside's BOF gallery. I'm goo hyesun who plays the role of geum jandi.

Thank you for loving our drama. Please continue to lend us your support.

I've come by to say my thanks after I finished filming today. I'll drop by here again.

p.s. i saw a lot of funny things here. the 'psycho fan' is especially interesting. Please make one for me too!

source http://gall.dcinside.com/list.php?id=f4&am...82&page=130

message 2:

인증..??? 이렇게 하는거에요??

15fsk61.jpg

이렇게 하는거 맞나?

핸드폰에 있는거 가져왔어요..

인증~ 맞죠?

Translation:

Authentication? is this how i do it?

It's a picture i have in my hand phone.

It's me, right?

source http://gall.dcinside.com/list.php?id=f4&am...34&page=126

kim bum replied to the second message of hyesun and asked her to bring So eun there as well ^ ^

^ Who's the guy in pic with So Eun?

And is that Chae Si Ra in the blue costume? From that angle they are kind of look alike hahaha since So Eun plays her younger version the Empress Chun Chu ...

His name is Kim Hyeong-min (김형민), one of the cast in Empress Chu Chu.

I miss KSE a lot after Ep 8 in Empress Chu Chu... :( ..but I am glad that we still get to see her in Boys Over Flowers! :)

Thanks for the updates on KSE!

Archived