Lee Byung Hun 이병헌 Byunghun Lee

rubie

Haven't seen any BH Entertainment update but it seems that LBH has confirmed his participation in John Woo's 'Manhunt' making it his third movie filming in 2016. Presumably, he is still in Australia filming and would likely not attend the Chunsa Film Awards to be held on Tuesday, 5/4. He's said to be one of the favorites to win the Best Actor award but we'll have to wait and see.

April 4, 2016

South Korean actor Byung-hun Lee to Join Woo Yu-sen's New Film

Source:  CRIENGLISH.com      Web Editor: Xu Yaqi

78da4e4191284d7caaa9460c8779f50f.jpg
The file photo shows South Korean actor Byung-hun Lee. [Photo:mtime.com]

South Korean actor Byung-hun Lee is expected to join the cast of "Manhunt", a new film project from Hong Kong director Woo Yu-Sen, as his first attempt to enter the Chinese film market.

Lee is wrapping up a contract with Media Asia Group, one of the biggest filmmakers in Asia and which is headquartered in Hong Kong. The company is also producing "Manhunt".

In 1976, a Japanese version of the story, adapted from novel "Wade through the River of Wrath", proved a big hit with Chinese audiences.

Forty years later, the new version is also set to star Fukuyama Masaharu from Japan, Ha Ji Won from South Korea, Zhang Hanyu and Qiwei from China.

In 2009, Byung-hun Lee participated in a Hollywood film of "G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra". This February, he became the first South Korean actor to attend the Oscar Award ceremony.

• Like 4

Yey... another new film coming up... more anticipation

Thank you @rubie and @peonie for the updates.

Actually I just watched Masquerade again last weekend. I was introducing an American friend to Lee Byung Hun...

Lee Byung Hun Recalls His Nervousness While Working With Al Pacino in “Misconduct”

Lee Byung Hun Recalls His Nervousness While Working With Al Pacino in “Misconduct”

Lee Byung Hun looked back on his experience of acting with the legendary actor Al Pacino.

On the episode of MBC’s “Let’s Go! Video Travel,” aired on April 3, Lee Byung Hun is interviewed.

While talking about his latest movie “Misconduct,” he says, “Al Pacino is one of the biggest reasons why I decided to star in the movie. He is my idol and one of my favorite actors.”

lee byung hun 2

“Originally, I didn’t have any scenes with Al Pacino. That’s why I asked the director to make a scene where we would bump into each other,” Lee Byung Hun says. “The first day of filming, I found out there would be a scene where I’d face him. I was ridiculously nervous.”

“I had thought I had truly made the lines mine after reciting them hundreds of times, but my mind went blank the moment Al Pacino appeared,” he adds. “I told him I was extremely sorry, but he just mouthed to me, ‘It’s alright. Just continue.’ That’s when I got my head in the game and finished the rest of my lines. We had to go through several takes just to rid my nervousness.”

lee byung hun 3

source

• Like 4

Thanks @irilight for the latest update. Up against two Hollywood hits, Batman vs Superman & Zootopia, #Misconduct is not doing too bad at the Korean box-office, still maintaining the number 4 spot. Finally, LBH is working towards the China/Chinese film audience and market. There have been a couple of Chinese-based projects that were interested in LBH before (Spaghetti vs Noodle, Mulan) but both didn't happen for him. I remember few years back, reading that Dir. John Woo had praised LBH and mentioned to collaborate in a project together. This could be it.

Thanks to the highlight at PlanetBH0712, here's the MBC interview clip with Lee Byung Hun. No subs though.

Published on April 3, 2016 by Elise's Lifestyle

2016.04.03 MBC Video Trip feat. Lee Byung Hun

Source: OSEN

201604031248778728_57009380b27b1.jpg

• Like 4

Grateful thanks to Aveda2013, a LBH Baidu fan who posted a series of photos supplied by BH Entertainment that documented Lee Byung Hun's recent visit to Macau and the Asian Film Awards ceremony.  It was BH's first visit to Macau.  Owing to the huge numbers of photos, the link is attached.

http://tieba.baidu.com/p/4423213076

Screen%20Shot%202016-04-05%20at%2012.59.

Source:  BH Entertainment

• Like 3

April 4, 2016

Lee Byung-hun, Jeon Ji-hyeon, Yoo Ah-in and Jeon Do-yeon at the 2016 Chunsa Film Awards

Source: STARNEWS via Hancinema.net

photo709370.jpg

Actors Lee Byung-hun, Jeon Ji-hyeon, Yoo Ah-in and Jeon Do-yeon are competing for the Best Actor and Actress at the 2016 Chunsa Film Awards.

The Awards is being held on the 5th at COEX. Chunsa Na Woon Gyu Film Festival is a nonprofit competition to pay tribute to the passion and fighting spirit of movies. The award consists of 10 categories including the Best Director, the Best Actor and the Best Actress.

Nominees for the Best awards are Lee Byung-hun ("Inside Men"), Yoo Ah-in ("The Throne"), Choi Min-sik ("The Tiger: An Old Hunter's Tale"), Jeong Jae-yeong ("Right Now, Wrong Then"), Ahn Seong-gi ("Revivre"), Jeon Ji-hyeon ("The Assassination"), Jeon Do-yeon ("The Shameless"), Kim Min-hee ("Right Now, Wrong Then"), Kim Hye-soo ("Coin Locker Girl") and Lee Jeong-hyeon ("Alice In Earnestland").

Nominees for Best Director are Choi Dong-hoon ("The Assassination"), Lee Joon-ik ("The Throne"), Hong Sang-soo ("Right Now, Wrong Then"), Woo Min-ho ("Inside Men"), Oh Seung-wook ("The Shameless") and more.

Yoo Ah-in, Jeong Jae-yeong, Jeon Do-yeon, Kim Hye-soo, Jo Jin-woong, Oh Dal-soo, Bae Seong-woo, Park Seo-joon, Kang Ha-neul, Park So-dam, Byeon Yo-han, directors Im Kwon-taek, Lee Joon-ik, Choi Dong-hoon, Jang Jae-hyeon, Kim Seong-je, Hong Seok-jae and others will attend the event.

Meanwhile, the Chunsa Film Awards is not applied by acceptance but 5 movie critics (Kim Jong-won, Jo Hye-jeong, Hwang Yeong-mi, Kim Yeong-jin, Kim Hyeong-seok) pick out the list and go through discussions with directors who are currently active.

• Like 2

April 4, 2016

Chunsa Film Art Awards 2016 nominees list

Source: Movie Naver via Hancinema.net

photo709414.jpg

Best Director

"The Throne" - Lee Joon-ik
"The Shameless" - Oh Seung-wook
"Right Now, Wrong Then" - Hong Sang-soo
"The Assassination" - Choi Dong-hoon
"Inside Men" - Woo Min-ho

Best Screenplay

"The Throne" - Jo Cheol-hyeon
"The Assassination" - Choi Dong-hoon
"Inside Men" - Woo Min-ho
"Minority Opinion" - Son Aram

Best Actor

"The Throne" - Yoo Ah-in
"The Tiger: An Old Hunter's Tale" - Choi Min-sik
"Right Now, Wrong Then" - Jeong Jae-yeong
"Inside Men" - Lee Byung-hun
"Revivre" - Ahn Seong-gi

Best Actress

"The Shameless" - Jeon Do-yeon
"Right Now, Wrong Then" - Kim Min-hee
"The Assassination" - Jeon Ji-hyeon
"Alice In Earnestland" - Lee Jeong-hyeon
"Coin Locker Girl" - Kim Hye-soo

Best Supporting Actor

"The Assassination" - Jo Jin-woong
"Inside Men" - Baek Yoon-sik
"Minority Opinion" - Lee Kyeong-yeong
"The Office" - Bae Seong-woo
"Veteran" - Oh Dal-soo

Best Supporting Actress

"The Throne" - Jeon Hye-jin-II
"Minority Opinion" - Kim Ok-bin
"Revivre" - Kim Ho-jeong
"The Himalayas" - Ra Mi-ran
"The Silenced" - Eom Ji-won

Technical Award

"The Tiger: An Old Hunter's Tale" - 4th Creative Party
"The Assassination" - Kim Woo-hyeong
"The Himalayas" - Hong Jang-pyo
"The Silenced" - Han A-reum
"Veteran" - Choi Young-hwan

Best New Director

"The Priests" - Jang Jae-hyeon
"Minority Opinion" - Kim Seong-je
"Socialphobia" - Hong Seok-jae

Best New Actor

"Socialphobia" - Ryu Jun-yeol
"Socialphobia" - Byeon Yo-han
"Chronicles of Evil" - Park Seo-joon
"Twenty" - Kang Ha-neul

Best New Actress

"The Priests" - Park So-dam
"The Treacherous" - Cha Ji-yeon
"The Treacherous" - Lee Yoo-young
"Madonna" - Kwon So-hyeon

• Like 3

Our thanks to @kkongvelyaussiefan for the highlight at Gong Hyo Jin thread  user posted image

Source: Screen NSW

South Korean co-production, A Single Rider, begins shooting in Sydney.

Tuesday, March 22, 2016 – The Korean feature A Single Rider has commenced principal photography this week in Sydney, Australia. The co-production between executive producer Myung Chan Kang’s Perfect Storm Film and Curious Film will be directed by Zoo Young Lee – her first feature. Matt Reeder will act as line producer for Curious Film.

The film follows one man who leaves South Korea for Australia where he has, at great cost, financed his wife and son to move in order to further the boy’s education. It’s not long before he encounters a girl, whose own alienation mirrors his own and compels him to take action in this unfamiliar world.

A Single Rider stars South Korean superstar Byung-hun Lee whose previous work includes the critically acclaimed JSA (2000) and the kinetic The Good, The Bad and The Weird (2008). Lee is perhaps best known to western audiences for his recent turn as the T-1000 in Terminator: Genisys and through his appearances opposite Bruce Willis in RED and the GI Joe: Rise of the Cobra.

Co-star Hyo-jin Kong is a popular film and TV actress. Her most recent roles have been in it’s Okay, It’s Love and The Producers. K-pop star So-hee Ahn rounds out the Korean cast. Jack Campbell (All Saints, Underbelly) headlines the Australian cast.

The majority of the shoot will take place in Sydney with part of principal photography scheduled for South Korea. The production is being backed by Warner Bros. Korea Local Production.

“It’s a great honour to work with Myung Chan Kang and his team,” said Curious CEO and executive producer Matt Noonan. “I have a deep admiration and tremendous respect for Korean cinema. A Single Rider brings together a great script with a talented team and fantastic cast.”

He added, “It’s a very exciting project to be involved with.”

Curious Film for three years running has been named Production Company of the Year for the Asia Pacific region by the Ciclopes Festival. The company represents some of the region’s most dynamic filmmakers including Taika Waititi whose most recent feature The Hunt for the Wilderpeople premiered at the 2016 Sundance Film Festival.

Perfect Storm Film is a Korea based film production company. It was founded in 2014 by Myung Chan Kang

• Like 3

April 5, 2016

Lee Byung-hun expresses his love for Lee Min-jung by sending a truck to "Please Come Back, Mister" set

Source: Nate via Hancinema.net

photo710060.jpg

World star Lee Byung-hun sent a food truck to the "Please Come Back, Mister" set.

He sent the truck to the drama set on the 19th last month. He wanted to treat his wife Lee Min-jeong and the rest of the team to some good food for their hard work.

Lee Byung-hun had to leave for Australia for the movie "Single Rider". He expressed his apologies of not being able to remain with his wife with this little event. Apparently, he prepared everything himself without his agency's help.

Lee Byung-hun also visited the "Please Come Back, Mister" set on the 8th of March.

Meanwhile, "Please Come Back, Mister" is a drama about the dead coming back from the other world in different bodies.

• Like 3

April 4, 2016

Lee Byung Hun Discusses His Experiences Working Alongside Al Pacino for “Misconduct”

David Song, Koogle TV

In the April 3rd of MBC’s “Let’s Go! Video Travel”, Lee Byung Hun sat down for an interview to discuss what it was like for him to co-star alongside the famous Hollywood actor Al Pacino. As he discussed his newest movie “Misconduct” he stated that one of the main reasons he even decided to be in the film was because Al Pacino was a part of the cast.

040416_lee-byung-hun-misconduct_02.jpg

Lee Byung Hun stated that initially he wasn’t scheduled to be in any of the same scenes as Al Pacino, and he specifically requested that there be a scene where the two would meet. He then stated that he was surprised since the next time he arrived on set, he discovered that there was a new scene where the two would actually meet, and he became very anxious.

Lee Byung Hun stated that he practiced his lines over and over again, but once he met Al Pacino he was so starstruck he completely forgot his lines. He said that Al Pacino was very patient and told him that it was okay and for him to continue to perform, and after a few retakes Lee Byung Hun managed to focus and perform the scene flawlessly.

Lee Byung-hun (born August 13, 1970 (July 12, 1970 in Lunar calendar)) is a South Korean actor. A popular and acclaimed actor in South Korea, he is best known for Joint Security Area (2000), A Bittersweet Life (2005), The Good, the Bad, the Weird (2008), the television series Iris (2009) I Saw the Devil (2010), and Masquerade (2012). In the United States, he is known for Storm Shadow in G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra (2009) and its sequel G.I. Joe: Retaliation (2013), and starring alongside Bruce Willis in RED 2 (2013). He portrayed a T-1000 in Terminator Genisys (2015).

• Like 3

This is an article that explained why the AFA #AskLEE Q&A didn't happen as planned. Unfortunately AFA didn't provide a reason at the time. Anyway, thanks to Lilly Little ‏@padada712 for the highlight on twitter.

Our thanks to Barbara for the great gist

Source: on.cc (watch the news clip at this link & more photos)

March 17, 2016

bkn-20160317171430695-0317_00862_001_01p

There was a slight mix up in the schedule at the Macau Press Conference. The press was supposed to interview Lee Byung Hun first but they interviewed Yoo Ah In instead. When LBH actually appeared, the press had to explain that LBH was not late.

LBH explained that he had been a presenter at AFA before. He did not expect to be nominated.
He has met before with Donnie Yen, a fellow nominee for AFA’s best actor. He hopes they can cooperate in the future.
Since his right hand was “cut off” in the movie “Inside Men”, he had difficulty eating. It was fine afterwards.
On whether he would act in Hollywood again. He said it depends if a producer would invite him.
Will he become a singer?  BH says he loves to sing when he is driving. But he would not sing when being chauffeured.
Will he be in John Woo’s new movie “Manhunt”? BH said it depends on his filming schedule. He has not yet decided.
On discrimination against Asians by the Oscar, BH said it is not just Asians  but other ethnic minorities.

• Like 2

Just uploaded this to share :)

Published on April 9, 2016 by  elbh3

Actor Lee Byung Hun Receives Pioneer Award at the 5th Marie Claire Film Festival for his performance in 'Inside Men' Congratulations! Clip courtesy Marie Claire Korea

• Like 2

April 11, 2016

First Posters for ‘Passengers’, ‘The Magnificent 7’, ‘The Girl on the Train’, ‘Snowden’, ‘Patriots Day’, and More

BY STEVE 'FROSTY' WEINTRAUB Collider.com

2010411m7poster.jpg

With CinemaCon starting tomorrow in Las Vegas, I arrived earlier today to take pictures of the new posters on display. For those who don’t know, CinemaCon is a convention where theater owners get a look at what the studios have to offer for the rest of the year, and where vendors can show new products for theaters to buy. It’s basically Comic-Con for theater owners.  Besides showing off never before seen footage, the studios often bring the cast and the filmmakers. Over the course of a few days, Hollywood comes to Las Vegas and you can expect a lot of updates on the footage and trailers shown along with some exclusive interviews. It should be a fun week.

While you might have seen some of the posters below before, CinemaCon also revealed a number of brand new posters including Passengers, The Magnificent Seven, The Girl on the Train, Patriots Day, Hell or High Water, The Birth of a Nation, Table 19, Billy Lynn’s Long Halftime Walk, A Monster Calls, Ben-Hur, Inferno, and more.

2016m7poster_lbh.jpg

ELBH cut: Lee Byung Hun from the main poster, second from right.

• Like 3

April 11, 2016

When in Sydney, Lee Byunghun catches the train too
Sohee, Gong Hyojin and Lee Byunghun are in Sydney!

By SBS PopAsia HQ

It's a humbling thought, but even if you are a Hollywood and a Hallyuwood star, sometimes the only way to get by is by public transport. Actor Lee Byunghun was snapped on a Sydney train a few days ago.

lee byunghun

He was also spotted filming!

lee byunghun

Lee is thought to be in town to film "Single Rider." Gong Hyojin and former Wonder Girls' member Sohee are also in the movie and were also spotted about in town from late March. 

wonder girls

The girls shopped up a storm a few days ago.

Meanwhile, Sohee's been spotted out filming. XD

• Like 4