Lee Byung Hun 이병헌 Byunghun Lee

rubie

happy birthday ann and elaine! and i see weilin online! hello as well it's been a very busy week and i didn't even know what happened to soompi until last night! it's like we're picking up all the pieces and rebuilding our home after a strong typhoon! just glad to know that pandas have been hardworking and backed up all the files! lolz.. i still have lots of catching upto do in this thread, but in the meantime i stil have to attend to reviewing for my final exams! till then! =)

Related captures from various sites & fan-sharing at EverythingLBH
Check out more photos compiled at our Gallery

Premiere Magazine - March Issue
Source: leebyunghun.com, our thanks to Splash for the translation l captures from byunghunzzang.com

premiere0305.jpg

Article

Excerpt from Premiere's Interview with LBH - March Issue 

Source: LBH.Com / Posted by: Neul Pulreun Namu on 2005-02-28 
Article from: Premiere Korea - March Issue / Journalist: Hong Su Gyeong

Translation by Splash 
--------------------------------------

Excerpts from Premiere's Interview on Bittersweet Life's Lee Byung Hun
Life is Long and Movies are Sweet.

Were the 6 months LBH spent working on Kim Ji-Woon's noir movie really "A Sweet Life"? One can tell just by looking at the traces Bittersweet Life has left on his face. So what is it that lights up his face? Check out the cover story.

You don't seem like a person who can multi task i.e. work on several things at the same time. Are you the type who focuses on doing just one thing once you have decided what it is you want to do?

I think so. When I was in middle school, I used to wonder at those people who had their walkman turned on while they were studying. I tried that once, just to look cool, but found that I focused more on the songs. Oh yes, there is something I can do really well. I can answer calls on my handphone or smoke while I am driving. (laughs)

When is the sweetest moment of your life?

When I am filming movies, the sweetest moment would be on the day of the premiere. I would be so nervous. But the truth is it is also a really happy moment for me. There would be a full house on the first day of my movies, even if they don't sell very well in the box office. The happiest moment is when I see that all the seats have been taken up in the theater, then I stand right at the back, and watch people's reactions. When I pass by a theater on the street and see that it is showing my movie, I would sneak in and watch. I feel that it is the only time for me to enjoy the fruits of my labor for the half-year that I have spent working hard on the movie. So, I enjoy these moments when I get to watch the audience, instead of the movie.

You pushed yourself real hard all through Bittersweet Life, don't you get to rest?

I worked on three movies consecutively in the period of one year. As the filming schedules clashed, I would have to stay up 3 nights filming Three Monster and then continue with another 2 nights of filming Everybody Has Secrets. That was death.

But you still managed to give the same charming smile all throughout Everybody Has Secrets?

No. If you look closely, you can see tiny zits sometimes. (laughs)

Your body has really suffered during the filming of Bittersweet Life, so you would hate to work with Director Kim Ji-Woon again?

No. If Director Kim asks me again, I would do it. We used to joke ... "Director, what is your next movie going to be?" "So far, I have done everything, except melos." "Oh, then I will prepare for a melo." That was how we joked between the two of us. (Laughs)

Isn't that what you said to make Director Kim feel good? Finally, I am really curious about something. Have you been hurt due to your short height?

When I was little, I used to wonder "why am I like this?," "why is my butt like that?" and "are my lips lopsided?". However, I realized that I was wasting time wondering about these things as they had been given to me by destiny. And I am not short, how tall do you think I look like?

175 CM?

Oh, I am hurt now. Many people guess that I am shorter than my actual height, but not a single person has guessed that I am taller than my actual height. I am 177 CM. 177!!

Got it. I will write that down.

Hi to everyone, Finally the lost panda has found her way back here. :P Special thanks to rubie for leading me back to the bamboo forest. :lol:

Hyc! you're late!!!!!! :P i was looking for you - hahaha. glad you found your way home *hugs* - now get back to work and where are those news bits that you always post? :P just kidding! you're our BH-JW news correspondent that's why ;)will catch up with the BPs later ....

Hi Hunnie Pandas!! Another panda reporting in the bamboo forest - the same old FU2!!! I am sure the rest of the pandas will gradually find their way back soon :) It's very late and I am really really sleepy.....can't keep my eyes open anymore :( zzzzzzz

Related captures from various sites & fan-sharing at EverythingLBH and LBH-soompi.com
Related updates here / here / here / here // EverythingLBH.com thanks every fan-sharing ardently with our utmost gratitude
Any queries or feedback, please direct them to Admin@EverythingLBH.com or PM us at our Facebook or LBH soompi

January 13, 2005

Lee Byung Hun at premiere screening of Jackie Chan's Police Story in Seoul 

2005011_1.jpg

2005011_2.jpg

2005011_3.jpg

2005011_4.jpg

2005011_5.jpg

Source: naver, copied from leebyunghun.com

Spoiler

2005011_6.jpg

Guest Wei Lin

hey dearies... I was reading some other pages of Soompi... and apparently we can find the cached version of our old thread... although the links don't work anymore, but the content is mostly there... those interested can check it out... here's the google link: Everything Lee Byung Hun Cached at the results page, click on the link "CACHED" near the address of each search result... voila!!! :lol: hope this helps a little!

Guest lee ji woo

to our sweet girl, IA!

th_bdiazziea.jpg

6th October 2005 HAPPY, HAPPY, BIRTHDAY ANN-HUNNIE!!!!

party-smiley-041.gif & MANY MORE HAPPY RETURNS OF THE DAY! :wub: WISHING YOU HAPPINESS, SUCCESS & LOVE ALWAYS!

It's Ann's (the new Lee ji Woo) bday??? HAPPY BIRTHDAY Ann!!!!! *hugginganntightly* lots of love and happiness! *mwah* :D hey! Cha! nice finally seeing you here! napagod magbadminton??? harharhar
ROFL at bessie's avatar. i could already hear maja's banter :lol: mwah bessie! Happy Happy Birthday Ann party-smiley-041.gifth_ann.jpg
and of course to our darling Iameeh.... hugs and kisses to you on this special day of yours... :wub: I'll have to leave my banner to tomorrow then... heh.. going to do some schoolwork... :P
Happy birthday Ann (we share the same birth date)

thankyou8nj.gif

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ANN AND ELAINE Wishing you all the fun you could have on your special day!
Just wanted to greet the birthday girls, ELaine and Ann. I hope that you have a wonderful day filled with love, friends, family and all the things that will make the day special for you. And now must do BP....will be back. Ah..ALL IN photo...Miss IN HA KIM...
Was it Ann's birthday yesterday? Belated happy birthday Ann! And Elaine, happy birthday to you! Wishing you guys all the best in life! :)
ADDING BIRTHDAY GREETINGS TO : ELAINE .. hope you enjoyed yourself today .. watched that movie yet .. you'll definitely dropped off your chair .. ANN .. celebrate your special day in a special way .. To all here .. Have a Happy Day ! :)
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ELAINE AND ANN! ENJOY YOUR DAY! hbinsc_e0.gif:D

HAPPY, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO

ANN and ELAINE!!

Happy Birthday Ann and Elaine!

1008-001-150-1069.gif

wavies to all hunnies on line.... Wei Lin, Gigi, Elvie, Casey and Tina!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ANN AND ELAINE !!! TAKE CARE OF YOUR HEALTH!!
happy birthday ann and elaine!

thankyou23dq.gif

Guest Mrs. Lee

2 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users) 2 Members: Mrs. Lee, Hyc, Waves to HYC! Finally You are here! we've been missing you! Glad you're back agaiin! :D And To FUFU! Welcome back too! :D we are still waiting for more lost pandas to finally find their way home....missing chlee/myra, Anna Pantasya, and Rori! :(

3 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users) 3 Members: Hyc, MRS.le, Mrs. Lee Good morning to Mrs. Lee aka LBHCrazy and MRS.le aka who? :lol:Lost and found panda Hyc reporting.... :lol: Repost VOD and more pics of BH at The 10th Pusan International Film Festival Credit to Ping at bhjwlove.com daum vod mms://mmc.daumcast.net/tvnews/ytni/200510/06/200510062203048865_s.wmv More pics of BH 20051006215618.957.0.jpghome1_20051006083241.jpg200510062133322400_1.jpg

Guest MRS.le

Hi y'all....

Itching to ask: I thought LBH is a buddhist (hence the story of the monk who gave him his name, etc.) Sooooo, why is he designing jewelry with a cross and also wearing it (PIFF pix). Has he converted? not that it matters...just curious. :blink: I mean, I have NO prob with him designing jewelries that appealing to the mass population, and of course he gotta wear the stuffs for marketing ...But....

Personally, I don't want to wear a cross jewelry since i'm not a xtian. Maybe I'm just too old and too conservative for this pop culture thing :( .

Wonder if LBH is gonna design jewelries bearing different symbols :unsure: .

(btw, my old nick is teevo... and don't confuse me with mrs LEE (BH), please... mine is one E and i am also a real mrs le ) :lol:

Hi y'all....

Itching to ask: I thought LBH is a buddhist (hence the story of the monk who gave him his name, etc.) Sooooo, why is he designing jewelry with a cross and also wearing it (PIFF pix). Has he converted? not that it matters...just curious. :blink: I mean, I have NO prob with him designing jewelries that appealing to the mass population, and of course he gotta wear the stuffs for marketing ...But....

Personally, I don't want to wear a cross jewelry since i'm not a xtian. Maybe I'm just too old and too conservative for this pop culture thing :( .

(btw, my old nick is teevo... and don't confuse me with mrs LEE (BH), please... mine is one E and i am also a real mrs le ) :lol:

Hi MRS.le,

Since he is the designer and model for Samanthasa, I think he has to wear the "dog tag" for promotion.

Btw I heard someone saying that the cross also represents "love".

His birthday month is 7, maybe 7 represents him and the cross represents someone he loves. :wub:

No snow balls please early in the morning... :P:lol:

Guest Mrs. Lee

Hi y'all....

Hi MRS. le aka Teevo! Glad ur back...we are finally using our real names huh! :lol:

Maybe he doesn't need to wear the cross, just do some designs on it... :)

hey dearies...

I was reading some other pages of Soompi... and apparently we can find the cached version of our old thread...

although the links don't work anymore, but the content is mostly there... those interested can check it out...

here's the google link: Everything Lee Byung Hun Cached

at the results page, click on the link "CACHED" near the address of each search result... voila!!! :lol:

hope this helps a little!

Lil sis, thanks for this info...hahaha...I clicked the links and saw my earlier posts!...talking about some reminiscing... :P

Guest summer0323

hey dearies...

I was reading some other pages of Soompi... and apparently we can find the cached version of our old thread...

although the links don't work anymore, but the content is mostly there... those interested can check it out...

at the results page, click on the link "CACHED" near the address of each search result... voila!!! :lol:

Tks Wei Lin! Yes, I can see some old postings & pix!

Repost VOD and more pics of BH at The 10th Pusan International Film Festival

Credit to Ping at bhjwlove.com

daum vod

mms://mmc.daumcast.net/tvnews/ytni/200510/06/200510062203048865_s.wmv

More pics of BH

Hyc, tks for the VOD...& also the rest who shared the pixs!!

Happy Belated Birthday to Ann & Elaine!!

hey dearies...

Hi Wei Lin,

Thanks for the link! :)

Something occurred to me last night as I was moving off into dreamland with nightly last visions of BH in my mind ..

Has any Hunnie updated the VIP regarding the soompi change .. maybe to alleviate his confusion if he pops in for a sudden visit .. ??

Guest lee ji woo

Tks Wei Lin! Yes, I can see some old postings & pix!

Hyc, tks for the VOD...& also the rest who shared the pixs!!

Happy Belated Birthday to Ann & Elaine!!

thanks for the greeting summer sis!

:D

would just want to shout out to Elaine...

BELATED HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! :D

I've always said, beautiful people had always been born in October ;)

partyholic.gif

just thought of something to be thankful for about soompi's new beginning, at least now I wouldn't be so buried in the back pages. I used to have i think around a hundred pages or so :rolleyes:

Guest midnight sun

Hi midnight sun!! So good to see you here! Really appreciate the warm & kind words. The same goes to you too with the other threads. We'll definitely build our house(es) or in our case... our bamboo forest again... bigger, stronger and more beautiful than ever. :lol:

Hello to midnight sun too!

our warmest welcome to thread newbies: HappyGirl, d.i.m.e Babii, midnight sun, qwas, Mia, dashuu, ireneooi, thunder and rajes! i hope you all could join us more often here in the forest. the more the merrier!!! :D

^

Thanks everyone for the warm welcom :)

PIFF Opening Ceremony

October 6th, the 10th PIFF finally raised its curtain with the opening ceremony in the Soo-young Bay Yacht Arena’s outdoor theater and began its nine-day journey. Highlight scenes of the film festival set the atmosphere on fire. The audience was most passionate during the entrance of the international and domestic guests at 6:30 pm. Guests such as Kwon-taek Im, Sung-gi Lee, Satoshi Tsumabuki and Jacki chan, were welcomed with great acclamations. Especially, Japanese women audiences were shouting with joy clicking their camera shutters when The Korean Wave stars like Dong-won Kang, and Byung-hun Lee appeared.

Main part of the opening ceremony was marked with the entrance of the MCs, Soo-yeon Kang and Suk-kyu Han, followed by the opening statement of the Festival Chairman Nam-sik Hur, the celebration performance by Boa, and the introduction of juries of the New Current section. Director Mika Kaurismaki grabbed the microphone instead of the director Abbas Kiarostami, who was absent, and said, “I am hoping to watch lots of great Asian films.” During the introduction of the opening film, , director Hsiao Hsien Hou showed his gratitude, “I am really honored to have screened as the opening film.”

All audiences attending the opening ceremony had to go through the security checkpoints, which were set up because of security issues with the Asia-Pacific Economic Conference (APEC) being held the following month, however, there were no complaints about the inconvenience. The 10th PIFF will really pick up its pace when the general screening starts on October 7th.

Via: cine21

K0000065_newstop_1%5BW570-%5D.jpg

Guest Wei Lin

Something occurred to me last night as I was moving off into dreamland with nightly last visions of BH in my mind ..

Has any Hunnie updated the VIP regarding the soompi change .. maybe to alleviate his confusion if he pops in for a sudden visit .. ??

hey Jolee dear... I emailed CP yesterday...=)