Lee Byung Hun 이병헌 Byunghun Lee

rubie

Update : Oct 7, 2005 KST 14:59

Lee Byung-heon to meet Tsumabuki Satoshi

sum5.jpg

Actors Lee Byung-heon, 35, and Tsumabuki Satoshi, 24, both regarded to be among the most handsome actors in their home countries, will meet at the Pusan International Film Festival, reported the festival's organizers. The two will hold an "open talk" at the Paradise Hotel on Oct. 8 at noon.

Satoshi has a large fan base in Korea. His popularity rose because of his passionate acting in the TV dramas "Lunch no Joou" and "Josee, The Tiger And The Fish," which aired in Korea.

Lee and Satoshi were invited to the festival for their respective movies "A Bittersweet Life" (directed by Kim Ji-un) and "Haru no Yuki" (directed by Yukisada Isao). The festival's organizers have prepared an open-talk event featuring the two actors, who enjoy enormous popularity in their home countries.

Meanwhile, other events to be held during the festival include an outdoor event at the PIFF Square in Sampo-dong that will feature the directors and cast of invited films, including "Three Times" (starring Chang Chen), "Hold Up Down" (starring Go Morita and Yoshihiko Inohara), "The Myth" (starring Jackie Chan and Kim Hee-sun, and directed by Stanley Tong), "Love Is A Crazy Thing" (starring Chun Mi-sun and Jang Hyun-sung, and directed by Oh Suk-kun), "The Shoe Fairy" (starring Vivian Hsu and Duncan Lai, and directed by Lee Yun-chan), "Duelist" (starring Kang Dong-won and directed by Lee Myung-se), and "Everlasting Regrets" (starring Sammi Cheng, and directed by Stanley Kwan), among others.

A hand-printing event that will be held at the same venue will feature the handprints of the late director Lee Man-hee, Japanese director Seijun Suzuki, and French director Claude Lelouch.

Source: KBS Global

http://english.kbs.co.kr/mcontents/enterta...4140_11692.html

hey Jolee dear... I emailed CP yesterday...=)

Atta girl ... btw .. I'm still waiting for that email ? of the banner .. pls .. email addie is in your sms .. thanks .. Weely ..

that reminds me too .. hope the alpha male Azzy-Pandy knows how to get here when he has the time .. ??

Five viewers : Jolee, Wei Lin (1 guest and 2 submarines .. Hi there !! ;) )

February 7, 2005

The Screen Power of Lee Byung Hun

Source: LBH MagicBox, translated by Pei-LBH.SG 

bh_2005cine.jpg

Recently, the news of the popularity of Lee Byung hun in Japan had been reverted back to Korea. 

Korean drama "Beautiful Days" which was telecast over Japan's NHK channel, the 1st episode received a rating of 10.2% and had overtaken "Winter Sonata" which ratings was only 9.2%. This once again proved the power of Lee Byung Hun. 

His popularity had also received overwhelming response. The copyright of his new Movie - "A Bittersweet Life" was sold to Japan by 340 Million USD (approx 38 billion won) and the movie will be shown in Japan and Korea at the same time as well, not only that but it had also attracted at lot of Korean companies volunteering to be the movie's sponsors. 

Naturally, the popularity of Lee Byung Hun did not happen overnight, even before Korean wave started, there was already a lot of his supporters in Japan. Some times back, when Byung Hun was invited to Japan for his movie "Addiction", there were about 6,000 of his fans who came to support him. 

It was also from that event that made Byung Hun feel that he was so popular in Japan. His movies "Addiction", "JSA", "Everybody Has a Secret" and "Beautiful Days" were so popular that all his other works were also selling like hot cakes. His charm continued on which lead to his rise in popularity tremendously. 

Especially now, his new movie "A Bittersweet Life" with director Kim, not only has a good storyline and also proven the unique charm of Lee Byung Hun once again.

^

Thanks midnight sun for the sweet Hunnie pics! :wub:

More pics from yesterday's PIFF and a news clip to share (LBH featured at the beginning of it)

2005-10-06: PIFF

YTN media VOD

http://vod2.ytn.co.kr/ytnstar/general/mov/...956174959_s.wmv

piff01.jpg

These are all thumbnails, please click to enlarge the images

th_piff02.jpg th_piff03.jpg th_piff04.jpg

th_piff05.jpg th_piff06.jpg th_piff07.jpg

Source & credits:

VOD from YTN and images from movist.com, innolife, japanese.chosun.

Gratitude to Admin @ lovelbh.com for sharing them.

Guest min_montel

Hi everybody.........

I just get in here. So suprised to see what happen to our thick forest :huh:........apa nak buat!!...

So sorry because cannot come here often......so many things ahead of me. But promise to post something later.......

I am working on something right now and will share it here.......definitely something about our LBH :rolleyes:

For our hunnies who celebrating birthday.......HAPPY BIRTHDAY......

and for all Muslim member.......SELAMAT BERPUASA

Guest hueyjenn

Hi to all....this is my first time here. Wow! this thread is really awesome, with all those pictures and news bout LBH. I've just finished watching Beautiful Day and it seems that i can't stop craving for more of LBH.

Guest hueyjenn

Btw.....why is there a Warn sign below my member no.? have i accidentally write anything that is offensive in this thread?

January 11, 2005

Three... Extremes (Hong Kong - Korea - Japan)
By DAVID ROONEY [Reviewed at Venice Film Festival (Midnight), Sept. 6, 2004. Running time: 126 MIN] variety.com

0000000803142_O.jpg

'Three...Extremes' is a triptych including works by Takashi Miike, Chan-Wook Park and Fruit Chan
A Lions Gate Entertainment release (U.S.) of an Applause Pictures, CJ Entertainment, Kadokawa Pictures presentation of an Applause Pictures, B.O.M. Film Prod., Kadokawa Pictures production. (International sales: Fortissimo Films, Amsterdam.)

DUMPLINGS
With: Bai Ling, Miriam Yeung, Tony Ka-Fai Leung, Pauline Lau, Meme, Miki Yeung, Wong Su-Fun.

CUT
With: Lee Byung-Hun, Lim Won-Hee, Gang Hye-Jung, Lee Jun Goo, Lee Mi Mi.

BOX
With: Kyoko Hasegawa, Atsuro Watabe, Mai Suzuki, Yuu Suzuki, Mitsuru Akaboshi.

Plenty of vile little secrets and ghastly urges are explored in the stylishly made Asian-fusion horror triptych, "Three ... Extremes." Enlisting three higher profile directors than "Three," the 2002 omnibus that spawned this followup, the bracingly twisted new pic unites Japanese cult figure Takashi Miike, Korean Cannes prize winner Park Chan-Wook and Hong Kong's Fruit Chan, who delivers the most extreme offering . Acquired out of the Venice fest by Lions Gate, this smartly packaged series should tickle both genre enthusiasts and fans of cutting-edge East Asian cinema, with its biggest payoff on DVD.

Lions Gate earlier this year picked up "Three," the first in a planned pan-Asian trilogy being packaged by Applause Pictures. "Three" teamed Korean director Kim Jee-Woon, Thailand's Nonzee Nimibutr and Peter Ho-Sun Chan from Hong Kong.

In addition to the more widely known triple-act of directors on board for the second installment, "Extreme" is boosted by the ravishing images and caressing camera of ace cinematographer Christopher Doyle on Chan's wicked wonton tale, "Dumplings."

An aging former actress whose husband's attention is straying , Qing (Miriam Yeung) seeks rejuvenation via the potent dumplings prepared by Mei (Bai Ling), a former abortionist who commands more remuneration helping women erase their wrinkles. With her errant husband (Tony Ka-Fai Leung) back in line, Qing even appears willing to overlook some unforeseen side effects.

Likely to outrage puritanical sensibilities while appealing to others with its brazen nastiness and savage skewering of the obsession with youth, the story takes the liposuction fat recycling of "Fight Club" several horrific steps further. It also provides a morbid spin on China's One Child Family policy.

More appealing here than in her English-language roles, Bai has fun with the slovenly but sensual witchdoctor, while Yeung transitions nicely from her initial poise through shocked revulsion to grim purposefulness.

Radically different from his Cannes Grand Jury Prize honoree "Old Boy," Park's "Cut" deliciously explores the horror genre from within. Segueing neatly from Chan's episode via a witty audio link, the story concerns successful film director Ryu (Lee Byung-Hun), who wraps a day's shooting on his latest vampire pic and returns home to find an intruder.

Knocked out and transported back to the set, Ryu wakes up to find his pianist wife (Gang Hye-Jung) bound to her instrument by a maze of wires, her fingers glued to the keys. Their captor (Lim Won-Hee) is a resentful extra from Ryu's films, whose monstrous demands push the husband and wife to increasingly barbaric behavior.

Mixing macabre humor with crisp visuals and bold use of color, Park's bloodbath is markedly different in tone from Miike's "Box." That entry departs from the Japanese director's usually edgy, frenetic terrain to tell a more psychologically creepy story that unfolds with disquieting stillness and a cool, wintry look.

Drifting freely between dark imagination, ghostly visitations, memories and confused actuality, ethereally beautiful novelist Kyoko (Kyoko Hasegawa) dwells on her traumatic childhood. Part of a magic act, 10-year-old Kyoko (Mai Suzuki) was constantly overshadowed by her twin sister Shoko (Yuu Suzuki), who earned greater praise from their surrogate father Hikita (Atsuro Watabe). When Kyoko's actions inadvertently caused a tragic accident, Hikita vanished, seemingly to resurface in the present.

The final seg is more dreamy and lyrical and, although it has less narrative clarity than the others, is arresting in a different way. As always in thematically bound portmanteau projects, a certain unevenness of tone and style is inevitable. But, like an exotic, stir-fried take on hoary "Tales From the Crypt" fare, the three chapters here fit enjoyably together, sharing polished, distinctive visuals and effective scores. 

DUMPLINGS
Produced by Peter Ho-Sun Chan. Executive producer, Eric Tsang. Directed by Fruit Chan. Screenplay, Lilian Lee, based on her novella. Camera (color), Christopher Doyle; editors, Tin Sam-Fat, Chan Ki-Hop; music, Chan Kwong-Wing; production designer, Yee Chung-Man; art director, Pater Wong; costume designer, Dora Ng; sound (Dolby Digital), Kinson Tsang; special visual effects, Su Chun-Hung; associate producer, Patricia Cheng.

CUT
Produced by Ahn Soo-Hyun. Executive producers, Oh Jung-Wan, Lee Eu-Gene, Park Dong-Ho, Choi Pyung-Ho. Directed, written by Park Chan-Wook. Camera (color), Chung Chung-Hoon; editors, Kim Sang-Bum, Kim Jae-Bum; music, Peach; production designer, Yoo Seong-Hee; costume designer, Cho Sang-Kyung; sound (Dolby Digital), Kim Suk-Won.

BOX
Produced by Naoki Sato, Shun Shimizu, Fumio Inoue. Executive producer, Kazou Kuroi. Directed by Takashi Miike. Screenplay, Haruko Fukushima from a story by Bun Saiko. Camera (color), Koichi Kawakami; editor, Tasushi Shimamura; music, Kouiji Endo; production designer, Takashi Sasaki; costume designer, Tomoko Yasuno; sound (Dolby Digital), Jin Nakamura.

Also known as: THREE 2: Extremes; THREE II: Extremes

Source: Poker Industries

Director: Fruit Chan, Park Chan-Wook, Takashi Miike
Producer: Peter Ho
Cast: Miriam Yeung, Bai Ling, Tony Leung Ka-Fai, Masatoshi Nagase, Kyoko Hasegawa, Atsuro Watabe, Lee Byeong-Heon, Gang Hye-Jeong, Lim Won-Hee
Running time: 120 minutes 

Genre: Anthology 
Sub-genre: Horror, Japanese Cinema, Korean Cinema 
Keywords: Adaptation, Addiction, Aging, Cannibalism, Child/Children, Compilation, Cooking/Food, Dismemberment, Filmmaking, Gore, Graphic Violence, Greed, Horror, Hostage, Insomnia, Japan/Japanese, Jealousy, Korea, Murder, Nightmare, Obsession, Pregnant/Pregnancy, Revenge, Sequel, Series, Suspense, Thriller, Torture, True Story, Twins, Violence 

Synopsis: After the exceptional success of the first Volume, the THREE Anthology delivers a sequel with three of Asia's heavyweights that takes the concept a bit further in entertainment value [and much further in terms of graphic onscreen content].

Korea's Park Chan-Wook [Oldboy] turns in by far the most gripping of the three, with Hong Kong's Fruit Chan close behind with one of the better offerings from HK in recent memory [that were not Crime capers]; and Takashi Miike [Japan] is...well...Miike. Not exactly the violent Miike of old, but he hasn't lost his knack for the big finish.

BOX [Takashi Miike - Japan]:
Kyoko is a writer, whose editor has a crush on her, and makes no effort to hide it. She shares his feelings, but is worried about opening up to him. Her editor looks exactly like she remembers her surrogate father, who was the key element in a terrible accident that happened when she was ten.

DUMPLINGS [Fruit Chan - Hong Kong]:
The dish that is practically a staple in Chinese cooking takes a sinister turn in the hands of Mei. Her secretive dumpling, which has a bizarre pinkish glow that permeates through the hand-made wrapping, is not meant for ordinary folks. And those that dare to try her dish must be prepared to pay a price beyond imagination.

CUT [Park Chan-Wook - Korea]:
A failed actor takes the ultimate revenge against a director who turned him away. The actor kidnaps the director, his wife and child, and puts them all on a stage that recreates the director's home. The actor gives the director a choice: watch as he cuts his wife's fingers off, or strangle the child to death.

Distributor: CJ Entertainment [Korea] 2004
Rating: Unrated

Copied from auctions.yahoo.jo, captures courtesy hanayon0833

hanayon0833.jpg

hanayon08331.jpg

hanayon08332.jpg

Guest Wei Lin

Btw.....why is there a Warn sign below my member no.? have i accidentally write anything that is offensive in this thread?

Hihi hueyjenn!!!

welcome to the thread!!! and another BD-shipper!!! :)

the Warn sign is nothing much... everyone has it.. only if you committed something then it will increase... like breaking the signature rules etc...=) don't worry... =)

^

Yeah... don't worry about the warning sign... everyone has it, you can only see yours while others will only see theirs and it won't be affected by anything much. ^^

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I want to share something with everyone here, courtesy of kimchibabe at Timeless LBH. Feeling kinda off these days and thanks to everyone's support & this lovely poem, things are looking up.

For everyone at Everything Lee Byung Hun, always a Hunnie Panda! :wub:

STAYING SERIOUS WITH LBH

LBH, to me, is the wind talking

a fire melting

rumbus clouds dancing

warm mist on a winter morning

he is a security pillow

a charm necklace

a wishing planet

a birthday cake with him in it

he is a prison without walls

a leaf that never falls

a blue moon blinking

seven icebergs colliding

he is a lotus flower that never dies

a falcon that does not fly

a balloon exploding in the sun

the matrix of the perfect man

he is the third ventricle of a heart

the 7th sense of the brain

a passport to see Beyond Paradise

a secret love begging to materialize

he is an addiction requiring no rehabilitaion

a crown prince refusing coronation

fraternity searching for maternity

artistry on a collision course with destiny!

Guest Mrs. Lee

Hi to all....this is my first time here. Wow! this thread is really awesome, with all those pictures and news bout LBH. I've just finished watching Beautiful Day and it seems that i can't stop craving for more of LBH.

WELCOME TO THE THREAD Hueyjenn!!!! another BDshippah.png like me!!!! :P

Please do share anything on our beloved HUN-nie....we will all luv it! :D

Guest hueyjenn

thanks alot rubie & Wei Lin for the info. it does give me a scare & i tot i might be be barred from this thread :( I just came back from visiting BD thread and what i can say is.......WOW...even though it is just 2 pages. I've been smiling & talking to myself & my colleague hav been giving me this strange look..properly thinking that i hav gone crazy. Now my next target will be All In. I'll be staying up all night today to hav a marathon for this drama.

May 28, 2004

Lee Byung Hun Safeguards 9 million won Antique Chair
Source: megasportsi and bhjwlove, thanks to artemis Image from koreanfilm.co.kr

poster.jpg

"Everyone Has A Secret" cast, Lee Byung Hun, Choi Ji Woo, Kong Hyo Jin and Choo Sang Mi had a hard time during the photo shoot of the movie's poster.

During the photo shoot on April 17, all three actresses had to portray the seductive theme of the movie and pose seductively towards Lee Byung Hun. All three actresses underwent a long period of making up and dressing to portray the images. During these 3-4 hours long wait, Lee Byung Hun said, "My beard is starting to grow just waiting for them to be ready." The entire crew burst out in laughter with his proclaimation. 

Posing seductively is no easy task for the three actresses either, especially Choi Ji Woo who had to do a 'S' pose and place her hands on Lee's shoulders. The actress's bones were aching when the photo shoot completed.

Lee Byung Hun who seems to have the easiest task of all by sitting on the chair had a pressurising task on hand too. He was told to take extra care of the antique chair that was used as a centrepiece in the photo shoot. The production team could not afford the hefty price tag of 9 million won and so had to rent the antique instead. The entire set with the garden set-up and marble chair had cost 10 million won. 

'Everyone Has A Secret' is about three sisters falling for the same man. The movie is almost half completed.

Official movie website http://www.nu9na.com

EVERYONE HAS A SECRET - tidbits 

The scoop is out on Choo Sang Mi, Choi Ji Woo and Kong Hyo Jin with regards to the shooting of the movie poster for "Everyone Has A Secret". The three actresses were reportedly secretly unhappy with one another over the choice of clothings for the day's shooting. Over 30 different designs were put out for the actresses to make a choice however one actress had her eye on a particular design supposedly chosen for another actress, leaving the crew with a serious problem. "Although everyone is all smiles upfront but they were really stewing inside." Even actor Lee Byung Hun had to make a joke about the long wait for the actresses, "My beard is starting to grow just waiting for them to be ready." The crew were left laughing over his comments.

Source: http://www.hotkorea.com.tw/KrNews/Index_News.Asp?News=2323
Credit to artemis of soompi.com

5/27/04 - Lee Byung Hun has completed the bed scenes with co-stars Choo Sang Mi and Kim Hyo Jin in the movie "Everyone has secret". He and Choi Ji Woo are going to shoot the bed scene next month. The director reveals that the bed scene can only be seen by viewers older than 18 years old. The debut of the movie is scheduled in the upcoming summer.

200405270182_00.jpg

Credits to CindyW88-soompi.com

June 4, 2004

Being surrounded by women is really wonderful or distressful? 

If LBH had to answer the question, he'd definitely choose the latter as his answer. 

Lately, the media reported that LBH's urged by his mother to get married before the year end. However, the rumour of marriage was denied by SHK. She said she just wants to concentrate on her work and told her fans not to believe the untrue report. LBH always listens to his mother but this time it would be difficult for him to make the decision : to get married as told by his mother, or to keep the relationship unchanged as SHK feels that it's not the right time for marriage..... torn between mother and lover seems to be a distress to LBH.

During the shooting of the poster for Everyone has secrets, LBH's also surrounded by 3 beautiful actresses CJW, CSM and KYJ. Unfortunately, the ladies were unhappy with one another over the choice of clothes ~ one actress had her eyes on a particular gown which was initially chosen for another actress. As a result, the crew had to spend hours in solving the problem. Finally, after a long wait for the ladies, LBH uttered a sigh and said " My beard is starting to grow just waiting for them to be ready." 

Source: 2004/06/04 http://udn.com, thanks to Pao of BHLee HK club for the translation

I thought initially that this latest development is not good news at all ... my sentiments are for the hard-working & devoted pandas who spent hours & untiring efforts to make the thread what it was in the "old" soompi. But everything happens for a purpose ... with better benefits to the contributors as the utmost consideration, I guess this motivated the admin to introduce the new set-up & I can't argue with that ... I wonder if anyone in the thread was notified beforehand so that the relevant & significant parts could have been saved. :unsure:

To the Hunnie Pandas ... let's again work together to show our love & appreciation for the man who made this thread possible, our number one hunnie thru our active participation in the discussion, any topic about BH for that matter. Nothing is trivial, everything is significant when it comes to Lee Byung Hun. ;)

April 14, 2004 News translated by Pao-BHLee HK Club

Lately, it has been rumoured that LBH & SHK were on the verge of breaking up. The actor has hit back at rumors that he and his girlfriend's relationship is changing from lovers to regular friends. He said, "we're absolutely fine although we didn't see each other as often as before due to heavy workload" However, despite tight working schedules, he and SHK have met up with each other at respective filming locations and the meetings have been witnessed by the filming crew. 

He further stated that Song's performance in 'Sunshine Pours' was great. 

May 20, 2004 News translated by CindyW88-soompi.com

Lee Byung Hun gave Song Hye Gyo a "Teddy Bear" gift on Children's Day. During the interview, LBH stated, "On Children's Day, I was thinking about buying a big Teddy Bear for Hye Gyo as a gift; however, she didn't like the big one, so I buy a small Teddy Bear for her". He also said that both of them had been busy in their projects so that they hadn’t seen each other frequently. LBH's new movie "Everyone has a secret" has completed 80% and is scheduled to be debuted on 6/10.

June 4, 2004

Song Hye-kyo Denies Rumors Source: english.tour2korea.com

"They are just rumors."

Actress Song Hye-kyo shares the truth about rumors that she would be marrying actor Lee Byung-hun this coming November. Song Hye-kyo opens up to her fans on her official internet fan page hyekyo.yeonyoung.com. 

Song Hye-kyo says, "My fans must have been in a state of shock. I have been so busy filming Full House. I don't even know how these articles could have been written, when in fact I never spoke of any such thing."

Song Hye-kyo is currently working with Rain on the KBS2 TV miniseries Full House. She explained that the rumors of a possible marriage suddenly began spreading when word of a press conference leaked out. 

Those close to the actress have said talk of marriage hasn't even come up yet. "It's bad enough that rumors of marriage had come out last year, but to have the same false rumors start again is just ridiculous," said Song Hye-kyo. 

The actress went on to add, "I am enjoying filming with such good actors. It's so much fun that as soon as I finish filming and go back home, I can't wait to get back to work." The actress clearly explained that she feels that it's just not the right time for her to get married.

This article has been translated from a Sports Today article.

June 15, 2004

Celebrity Couple Calls it Quits
By Joon Soh, Staff Reporter (sohjoo@koreatimes.co.kr)

Celebrity couple Lee Byung-hun and Song Hye-kyo announced that they have decided to stop seeing each other. 

Lee and Song "met at a cafe in May to talk about their feelings," Yeonyoung Entertainment, which represents Song, told the daily Hankook Ilbo. "They decided it was too difficult meeting as boyfriend and girlfriend given all their responsibilities as entertainers" but have decided to remain good friends. 

Lee and Song met while filming the popular SBS television drama "All In" early last year and their relationship immediately came to the center of public attention. While talk of marriage even entered earlier this year, the media attention became too much for the couple to bear and they began drifting apart two or three months ago, a representative of Yeonyoung said. 

Song, 22, is currently appearing in the KBS drama "Full House,’" while Lee, 34, has a new film "Nuguna Pimil-un Itda (Everyone Has Secrets)" to be released in July.

June 2004 - Announcement on LBH's News to All the Fans
-----------------------------------------------------------

Greetings. 

This is Player Entertainment 

We have an urgent message for all our fans, so we have chosen to announce this in writing here. 

Lee Byung Hun and Song Hae Kyo, who have become an official couple for the drama "All In," have now broken up. Having met as the leading characters in the extremely popular drama "All In", the two became lovers in real life through the beautiful meeting opportunity that destiny had given them, and soon blossomed into a couple envied and watched by everyone. 

The couple Lee Byung Hun and Song Hye Gyo attended Photographer Cho Seon Hee's wedding in late May as lovers for the last time. 

Lee Byung Hun, who is on an extremely hectic schedule of filming movies ("Three Monster" - Director Park Chan Wook, "Everyone has a Secret" - Director Chang Hyun Soo) and in the spotlight as the main actor initiating the Korean wave currently heating up in Japan and Southeast Asia, and Song Hye Kyo, who is busy filming the drama "Full House," have agreed that it would be better for them to remain as "Senior and Junior" as they felt that they are each too busy with their respective work schedules to be able to give the same amount of commitment to their relationship that they had been able to give intially. However, the actual reason has got to be the recent rumors about Lee Byung Hun and Song Hye Kyo's upcoming wedding and how they each had different views towards marriage. 

Nevertheless, the couple Lee Byung Hun and Song Hye Kyo, the target of much speculation and media publicity, had began to confirm in April that they have both agreed that the love they shared for a year would now remain as just the good relationship shared between a senior (LBH) and a junior (SHK). 

Currently LBH is in the midst of filming the movie "Everyone has a Secret" on June 11, and left for Japan on June 14 to attend a meeting regarding production with Fuji TV Documentary and also to discuss the distribution agreement regarding his commemorative album "To Me" with Daichiku Records. Song Hye Kyo too has been busy with the filming of the drama "Full House" and is said to be so busy that she does not have time to think about anything else. 

We express our sincere gratitude to all our fans for always supporting Mr. Lee Byung Hun and Player Entertainment. We would also like to ask your understanding for announcing this in writing as we always strive to be the first to bring you any news on Lee Byung Hun. 

Player Entertainment

Lee Byung Hun's press statement (2004/6) 
translated by Aldersgate-EVerythingLBH

I had thought through deeply over SHK's standpoint and in consideration for her future, I took this painful decision to break up. 

I apologised to all the well wishes & friends whom had encouraged our relationship but it didn't turn out the way it was expected. 

After the release of the break up statement from YY agency, SHK was left alone to handle the media harassment, while I was away in Japan for business, to him was a serious matter. (He meant as a man, he should be bearing the responsibity instead and also showing his protectiveness for her) 

The breakup of a relationship is not centred on just one or two reasons, but different views of marriage and timing being one of the reasons and the sacrifice that comes along with it. The major reason is her career advancement. (Him being a more experienced artist himself, understood the great sacrifice SHK will have to face) 

He went on to compliment Song Hye Kyo ssi on her great potential in acting and wishes her well. (He had already addressed SHK formally now instead of Hye Kyo). At this point, he paused for awhile to compose himself. 

He was grateful for everybody's concern for him and he would be revived and recharged to embark on his career again.

June 19, 2004 

SHK accepted interview in response to LBH's press conference 
translated by Shirley.st from news clip

She apologize for bringing everyone here so early. A lot of people are concerned with the real reasons behind our separation but the real reason is as what the company has revealed, the announcement was not exaggerated nor concealed any truth. 

I hope everyone will treat our separation as per other normal couple as we had separated in harmony and peace. We still have good feelings towards each other and hope that this beautiful memory of our love will stay forever in our hearts and hope that everyone will understand that. 

Yesterday I saw Lee Byunghun ssi's interview. In the whole course of our love relationship, he had always cared and look after me, even till when we separated, though he is feeling hurt.. he still cares about me in such a way. iIam grateful to him and for his expressing that I will become an good actor, I will not disappoint him and will work harder toward that aim. Thank you everyone for your support for us and also I express my regrets and apology to you all. 

And also will hope that Lee Byunghun ssi will continue to have better work and acting performance.

Thank you

HELLO PANDAS IN THE BAMBOO FOREST OF LEE BYUNG HUNNIE!!!

i saw LBH in the MBC news of the opening of the Pusan International Film Festival . . . and it's been a while since i've seen him . . . last time was in the Bittersweet movie . . . i love seeing him again in that movie, with his high flying kick actions

:wub: and love to see this thread back again with the same whole lot and more new pandas locking on this new thread

Guest Wei Lin

thanks alot rubie & Wei Lin for the info. it does give me a scare & i tot i might be be barred from this thread :( I just came back from visiting BD thread and what i can say is.......WOW...even though it is just 2 pages. I've been smiling & talking to myself & my colleague hav been giving me this strange look..properly thinking that i hav gone crazy. Now my next target will be All In. I'll be staying up all night today to hav a marathon for this drama.

grin... wahhaha.... that "syndrome" that you are describing is super familiar... I remember we used to be banging our tables and laughing like mad in front of our computers... or else it'll be gazing raptly at the computer screen with the goofy, mesmerized expression.. heehee... All In is great... hehehe like the All In-shippers will tell you.. heheheh.... after that you have gotta watch Beautiful My Lady.. hehehe :)

I thought initially that this latest development is not good news at all ... my sentiments are for the hard-working & devoted pandas who spent hours & untiring efforts to make the thread what it was in the "old" soompi. But everything happens for a purpose ... with better benefits to the contributors as the utmost consideration, I guess this motivated the admin to introduce the new set-up & I can't argue with that ... I wonder if anyone in the thread was notified beforehand so that the relevant & significant parts could have been saved. :unsure:

To the Hunnie Pandas ... let's again work together to show our love & appreciation for the man who made this thread possible, our number one hunnie thru our active participation in the discussion, any topic about BH for that matter. Nothing is trivial, everything is significant when it comes to Lee Byung Hun. ;)

Hihi Carmina!!! Hear Hear!!!! I so agree with you... I guess every cloud does have a silver lining.. it seems to me there are more new pandas popping up every sec... I guess it could be becos when our thread was so long... people didn't want to go back to so many bps... but now... everyone starts afresh.. so we all get to share more and know more BH-shippers...=) hehheehe.... But i do still miss our darling thread... :(