2008 M B C Drama Awards

Guest kdramafanusa

Guest sakura_dubai

it's really a shame to know that such a big station like MBC cant appreciate the hard work of all actors.... it's really a shame.. By this rate.. MBC will lose its credibility and so.. many views will never trust it.. ADDING TO THAT......... the actors and the actress.. if i were an actress and that happened.. i will never never never never think of doing anything related to MBC.. cause i know in the end something wrong will happen..

what will happen to lee dae he?? she left the drama.. and now....???

• Replies 657
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest sakura_dubai

what will happen to LEE JUN KI? should we say this is the end of his career with MBC.. maybe other stations???

even though he was brave.. and i totally like it.. but i'm worried that he will lose his career because of what he did.. am i right?

Guest valley girl

sakura for person as talented as him it's impossible there are 2 another station

MBC such a materialistic right?? junki has a big Fans Too in Japan

JunGi is a young potential actor in Drama and Film

His made his own power in his previous drama

why he don't worry about this, junki not only popular but also talented

( he can act , SBS + KBS still looking for him )

i am not his fans but i admitted he really talented

He Swept all best new actor awards in Movie during 2006

he won many Award in best actor in his drama

MBC totally Stupid if they banned LJK

I bet Who Responsible with this awards in MBC

was Blamed by they corporate Board

because usually company really care about their image

this Sharing daesang issue Ruin MBC credibility

Especially in this Economic Global recession

might be investor will doubt MBC credibility

it effected into their Stock price

Probably this is my analysis only, based from article

because MBC gave SSH daesang because

they want to easily negotiated with japanese investor

Probably this is my analysis only, based

because MBC gave SSH daesang because

they want to easily negotiated with japanese investor

hey valley girl i would like to further that point

MBC in showing favoritism is solely to appease audience outside of Korea in it's direction regarding to our Sunie.

case and point:

SSH hallyu drama Autumn Tale and Summer Scent didn't do well ratings wise in Korea, but outside of Korea?? it got unexpected popularity and support where TV stations of other countries (majority in Japan) bought rights from KBS2 TV station that aired it, thus result in revenue for that station...

before EOE aired, MBC went into marketing mode and promote SSH non-stop...TV stations in Japan and other countries bought rights to air EOE in their respective TV stations. the drama wasn't even airing yet the revenue started to come in for MBC...

now i'll be fair...MBC in promoting the drama used other actors and actresses names/pictures to promote the drama as well.

my gut feeling is MBC doesn't care with some of the outcry regarding the controversies surrounding them as long as they get their won...maybe in the end this is what greed will do to a TV station

but going back to your point...i don't believe it's just Japanese investors, but investors from several countries small and large. it's just that MBC saw that for every 1 Japanese Yen = 14 Korean Won...multiply that by millions then you'll know what i mean...

however, i'm a bias fan :sweatingbullets::P and i believe he deserves it, but i gave you MBC's political implications behind him getting the Daesang.

Guest valley girl

hey valley girl i would like to further that point

MBC in showing favoritism is solely to appease audience outside of Korea in it's direction regarding to our Sunie.

case and point:

SSH hallyu drama Autumn Tale and Summer Scent didn't do well ratings wise in Korea, but outside of Korea?? it got unexpected popularity and support where TV stations of other countries (majority in Japan) bought rights from KBS2 TV station that aired it, thus result in revenue for that station...

before EOE aired, MBC went into marketing mode and promote SSH non-stop...TV stations in Japan and other countries bought rights to air EOE in their respective TV stations. the drama wasn't even airing yet the revenue started to come in for MBC...

now i'll be fair...MBC in promoting the drama used other actors and actresses names/pictures to promote the drama as well.

my gut feeling is MBC doesn't care with some of the outcry regarding the controversies surrounding them as long as they get their won...maybe in the end this is what greed will do to a TV station

but going back to your point...i don't believe it's just Japanese investors, but investors from several countries small and large. it's just that MBC saw that for every 1 Japanese Yen = 14 Korean Won...multiply that by millions then you'll know what i mean...

however, i'm a bias fan :sweatingbullets::P and i believe he deserves it, but i gave you MBC's political implications behind him getting the Daesang.

i am sorry about haven't wrote based from article i already edit that

i just take an industry expert said about this from here

An industry expert explained that as MBC is pushing for the export of “East of Eden” to Japan, giving Song Seung Hun who enjoys a high popularity in Japan the “Daesang” will put MBC in a more favourable position during the negotiation. Other experts say that in order to achieve a higher TV ratings and also gain more ads revenue, MBC has to “satisfy” the cast of “East of Eden”. “East of Eden” has won a total of 14 awards that night.

it same right??? they haven't said about another investor from another country

it's likely every company want a big Profit From their Products

i just said about MBC credibility which ruined after this issue

i said it will effected into their stock too ~ from investor side

Probability of this bad economic Global recession

MBC ruined it's own image

if SSH Just Get Excellence or TOP Excellence

there will no chaos

anyway i am so disappointed with shin dongyup~ the MC

He is veteran and professional in MC

now he do the stupid things

Guest bogoshipda

Personally I don't think MBC cares about how the world thinks, after all it is credit crunch time and the main aim for the company is to rake in big bucks from rich investors to keep their company going.. i guessed that's the reality and reality can sometimes be cruel..

Guest csnrain

what will happen to LEE JUN KI? should we say this is the end of his career with MBC.. maybe other stations???

even though he was brave.. and i totally like it.. but i'm worried that he will lose his career because of what he did.. am i right?

Even if LJK's reputation with MBC may be damaged, I think the other two broadcasting stations will be more than happy to include him in their own dramas. LJK is popular enough that they will let bygones be bygones in order to rake in more money. He may not be an exceptional actor, but he has enough of a fanbase both in korea and out in order to be a significant player in the entertainment industry for years to come.

Anyhow, what he said while handing out the words were pretty amusing to me, I don't think they were all that harmful.

Guest suncine445

Probably the PR people did not anticipate this big backlash from the public. I bet some heads will turn at its board meeting his morning.Rumor is there is a lot of closed door meetings yesterday...Their PR people sure has lot to work with regard to its public image. Heard that some overseas buyers were involved in the meeting too. What a mess it has created for itself and all is avoidable. Bad PR is bad $$$ for them .

Guest suncine445

Bad PR also = $$$

it's a way of life here in the states :sweatingbullets:

Not always the case I am afraid... :lol: If my source is correct and they are pretty accurate!!

Even if LJK's reputation with MBC may be damaged, I think the other two broadcasting stations will be more than happy to include him in their own dramas. LJK is popular enough that they will let bygones be bygones in order to rake in more money. He may not be an exceptional actor, but he has enough of a fanbase both in korea and out in order to be a significant player in the entertainment industry for years to come.

Anyhow, what he said while handing out the words were pretty amusing to me, I don't think they were all that harmful.

I also think these remarks will not harm him at all.

Guest Zombie

:P:D:lol: LMAO!!!!!!!!!!! Oh my goodness, that was hilarious. Utterly politically incorrect and blatantly biased, but man, that post was one for the books. *wipes away tear*

Ah, those were the days when I thought that dear ol' Yonsama was the noblest, most exquisite creature on earth... *gags* I'm just thankful that whole nightmarish ordeal (read: BYJ-worshipping and other hair-raising rituals) is loooong behind me. :phew:

Going on-topic now:

"SSH" and "Daesang" in the same sentence??? Can. Not. Compute. Can. Not. Compute... Are you freakin' kidding me????? *starts crying blood* Well, I really shouldn't be surprised. MBC lost any last pretense at respectability when Yonsama the Magnificent and his Magic Crutches won the award the other year. *runs off screeching with laughter* :P

You have me rolling with laughter reading yr post..... ha..ha..ha..

That makes visiting this thread so interesting... all the amusing posts and reaction I am reading. :lol::lol::lol:

Guest Zombie

source: chosun/english

http://english.chosun.com/w21data/html/new...0901020013.html

MBC Should Be Ashamed of Farcical Awards

Internet portals were flooded with comments criticizing MBC after the broadcaster’s annual acting awards ceremony.

The three-hour program started at 10 p.m. on Tuesday and ended at 1 a.m. Viewers blasted the ceremony for its lack of objectivity and professionalism. Others called for the ceremony itself to be scrapped next year. Angry viewers continued posting critical comments over the next 24 hours. An article about the awards ceremony posted on one Internet portal drew around 15,000 angry comments. Indeed, MBC’s acting awards ceremony was seen by viewers as being the “worst” of those held by Korea’s three main broadcasters.

Out of awards in 22 categories, 15 were awarded as joint-wins to two winners. And 10 winners among those sharing awards were from MBC drama “East of Eden,” while its cast captured honors in 14 categories, including the grand prize, best actress, runners-up awards for lead actor and actress, as well as awards for popularity, best new actor and actress awards.

As MBC continued with its ludicrous ceremony, granting practically every award to “East of Eden,” an article was even posted online 10 minutes before the grand prize was awarded, speculating that “East of Eden” star Song Seung-hun and Kim Myung-min, the lead actor of “Beethoven Virus,” would both win.

It was the first time since MBC began giving out acting awards in 1985 that the grand prize went to two people. In “Beethoven Virus,” Kim delivered a brilliant performance in the role of fussy, despotic orchestra conductor Kang Ma-ae and created a nationwide sensation referred to as “Kang Ma-ae syndrome.” In a Gallup Korea survey conducted last month, Kim ranked first for 15.6 percent of respondents when it came to the actor that shined the most in 2008. Both critics and viewers chose Kim as the top candidate to receive the grand prize. Song put on an admirable performance in “East of Eden,” and he deserves recognition considering his popularity in Asia. But the consensus was his acting did not shine enough to deserve the grand prize.

Grand prizes for acting given by Korean broadcasters are usually self-congratulatory affairs. If MBC went a bit far in order to boost the cachet of “East of Eden,” which it is trying to export to Japan, then viewers could be a bit less critical.

But there are limits. The MBC acting awards ended up going too far and cannot be considered fair. MBC would have received a lot less criticism if it had held the ceremony privately, without wasting valuable airtime. MBC is an owner-less broadcaster. Because of this, its employees could strive to be more responsible and have a greater sense of ownership. But the reality is the opposite. MBC has become a broadcaster with no owner -- and no sense of responsibility.

Guest valley girl

Probably the PR people did not anticipate this big backlash from the public. I bet some heads will turn at its board meeting his morning.Rumor is there is a lot of closed door meetings yesterday...Their PR people sure has lot to work with regard to its public image. Heard that some overseas buyers were involved in the meeting too. What a mess it has created for itself and all is avoidable. Bad PR is bad $$$ for them .

RIGHT!! asian company really care about their image,

i wanna know who's the head to responsible this.

it might be effected stockprices i heard this year all things related into showbiz was fall

from agency, tv broadcast etc .

comeon backlash from netizen might be ok

Netizen + media

Personally I don't think MBC cares about how the world thinks, after all it is credit crunch time and the main aim for the company is to rake in big bucks from rich investors to keep their company going.. i guessed that's the reality and reality can sometimes be cruel.

that they thought before, i think japan rethinking again about this drama

yeah it might be Bad PR = $$$ to sell magazine , tabloid or make ppl went to webnews

Zombie : stockholder must be angry with the corporate board. then corporate board too then probably tv section Will be who responsible with awards and eoe might be lost job??? kkkkk. i bet MBC never do this again

come on what about this bad image, in CF if the star has bad image they will end the contract.

come on it's even in big web news like this

Guest luthien

This is really sad for PHJ,HJH and their fans. These two truly exerted so much effort for EOE. Even those who were rooting for other actor/actress in EOE cannot deny that these two had the best performance in the drama.... raking the highest rated episodes (32.3% and 31.1%) in EOE so far. Now reading all these criticisms on EOE as a whole, just undermines the awards given to those truly deserving. It is in EoE that allowed them to challenge their potential... to allow them shine best... to show everyone a differnt side of them being as an actor/actress.. and they achieved that... even with very limited screentime. Hopefully others will not see their awards as being tainted by the controversy.

This is really sad for PHJ,HJH and their fans. These two truly exerted so much effort for EOE. Even those who were rooting for other actor/actress in EOE cannot deny that these two had the best performance in the drama.... raking the highest rated episodes (32.3% and 31.1%) in EOE so far. Now reading all these criticisms on EOE as a whole, just undermines the awards given to those truly deserving. It is in EoE that allowed them to challenge their potential... to allow them shine best... to show everyone a differnt side of them being as an actor/actress.. and they achieved that... even with very limited screentime. Hopefully others will not see their awards as being tainted by the controversy.

the controversy that MBC caused was just giving the Daesang to 2 people not just 1.

i'm sure people, fans or not can make their own judgment...

i'm a fan of SSH and i believe he deserves it...but that's just my bias opinion...if it's on acting prowess alone then why KMM didn't get the Daesang last year, he was more impressive in WT than in BV, but he didn't get it, BYJ got it...and i believe for MBC it's more about ratings and $$$ to be honest...

and taking off of LDH on EOE's promo banner was just poor taste on MBC's part...and sunie fans do not condone that kind of actions...LDH has yet to have her exit episode...and even if she's already off the drama it's still doesn't make it right...

just my personal opinion...

Guest piano_lady

For those who are interested, here's the English-subbed video clip of KMM's acceptance speech of the Daesang Award in the recently concluded and highly controversial MBC Drama Awards '08 :sweatingbullets:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8nvyUjOrsTY

1230661793_200812310312306721231701.jpg

Archived