2008 M B C Drama Awards

Guest kdramafanusa

i knew it that he was going to get daesang!!! but i don't like the fact that they have to "share" it... D:

maestro kang is the best! woohoo!!!! <333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333

• Replies 657
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Zombie

Zombie : stockholder must be angry with the corporate board. then corporate board too then probably tv section Will be who responsible with awards and eoe might be lost job??? kkkkk. i bet MBC never do this again

come on what about this bad image, in CF if the star has bad image they will end the contract.

come on it's even in big web news like this

I also think someone in MBC will lose his/her job for the big mess.

Maybe they will issue a public apology in view that it is a public listed company? :unsure:

Guest luthien

For those who are interested, here's the English-subbed video clip of KMM's acceptance speech of the Daesang Award in the recently concluded and highly controversial MBC Drama Awards '08 :sweatingbullets:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8nvyUjOrsTY

thanks for sharing the vid clip and for subbing it... So happy he got the Daesang.

MBC turned the show into a propaganda... THey politicized it in order to market EOE to Japan...

http://www.hanfever.com/2009/01/01/mbc-dra...the-worst-ever/

An industry expert explained that as MBC is pushing for the export of “East of Eden” to Japan, giving Song Seung Hun who enjoys a high popularity in Japan the “Daesang” will put MBC in a more favourable position during the negotiation. Other experts say that in order to achieve a higher TV ratings and also gain more ads revenue, MBC has to “satisfy” the cast of “East of Eden”. “East of Eden” has won a total of 14 awards that night.

Kim Myung Min has been widely regarded by many as the “Best Actor” of the year for his exceptional performance in “Beethoven Virus”. Therefore, he was deemed to be the best candidate to receive the Daesang. In constrast, Song Seung Hun’s performance is okay but not exceptional. And not to mention that the plot of “East of Eden” is absolutely messy and confusing.

I am sorry but Song Seung Hun is not Daesang worthy! All he has right now is popularity, the level of his talent and popularity hasn't reached an equilibrium yet... Good Luck to EOE, it might destroy its Baeksang chances big time because of politics....

I am sorry but Song Seung Hun is not Daesang worthy! All he has right now is popularity, the level of his talent and popularity hasn't reached an equilibrium yet... Good Luck to EOE, it might destroy its Baeksang chances big time because of politics....

ugh, I agree, SSH is NOT Daesang worthy. Popularity yes, acting NO. How can they make them share the award?! This is just total bs, it's a big mess.

Guest Thoven_Virus

ugh, I agree, SSH is NOT Daesang worthy. Popularity yes, acting NO. How can they make them share the award?! This is just total bs, it's a big mess.

uuhhmm... I agree, well ..

may be MBC brings a bad effect to EOE

after all, what MBC is planning about won't be achieve

it's an opposite result

Guest valley girl

I also think someone in MBC will lose his/her job for the big mess.

Maybe they will issue a public apology in view that it is a public listed company? :unsure:

i think MBC is a really big company. korea has 3 major broadcast station i think MBC is public listed.

Stupid MBC drama awards!! they should think about all ceremony they made. many people will doubt with the ceremony

the worst less sponsor in next award.

yup i think not only baeksang but also another awards like seoul drama awards, something drama awards

the worst this hjh, PHj, all the veteran actor will be effected with this

Guest Ender's Girl

^ I agree with the above posts, but obviously, it's no longer about award-worthiness, or who's the most talented and deserving, or who should be recognized for their work, etc. It seems that the well-oiled MBC propaganda-and-publicity machine (singlehandedly powered by the sighs and screams of SSH fangirls the world over... it's renewable energy, baby!!! :P) has irrevocably changed the way we define the phrase "awards show." Welcome to the MBC Drama Awards, where nobody... *voice quivering with emotion, tears welling up* As in nobody... goes home without an award, or a trophy, or a pat on the back, or a 2006 desk calendar, or an inflatable Yonsama doll... or something. NOBODY gets left behind... NO.BO.DY. *face contorted, nostrils flaring, fists raised at the night sky* (Polite applause from Soompi threadies. Heck man, if SSH could win the friggin' Daesang for doing pretty much the same thing, why not I? :phew: )

OMG, reading your post made me laughed so hard water started spurting out of my mouth!!! I like the...Can. Not. compute...with "SSS" and "Daesang" in the same sentence. LOL, but you know what...Blame it on MBC, I'm sure if SSH is honest with himself he knows he is not on par with KMM in terms of acting. Too bad MBC lost all credibility but we can not blame the actors. After all it's not like the 'actors' have anything to do with whether or not they should get an award right?

I don't know how much SSH had to do with the much-ballyhooed decision, if any at all. But yeah, it was MBC that bestowed the said charity dole-outs er, awards, so the burden of culpability lies on them--particularly the network honchos (or their friends deeeep inside the earth, who direct their every move), or whoever it was who pulled the incriminating envelope from their wazoo. :wacko: Well, I'm suuure that if SSH tried some soul-searching during his hourly push-ups, he'd realize how ridiculously skewed his joint victory with KMM would look. I mean, c'mawwwn. :rolleyes: I guess what I'm trying to say is that MBC can hand out their awards to whomever they bloody well please... Just don't expect us to fawn over the winners (the less deserving ones, at least) while they bask in their tainted, fabricated glory. :tongue2:

You have me rolling with laughter reading yr post..... ha..ha..ha..

That makes visiting this thread so interesting... all the amusing posts and reaction I am reading. :lol::lol::lol:

Oh well, you know me, I live to please. :D But seriously, the people here should lighten up some more. *in stage whisper* (I mean, it's not like the stars whose honor they're so ardently defending will care one whit, anyway. Or, wait--maybe they will! Maybe, just maybe, SSH and BYJ will reach down from their lofty throne of grace to the unwashed rabble of Soompi, and clothe their loyal devotees in the dazzling lights of their bleached, orthodontically-enhanced pearly whites, touching the chosen few with their gloved, germ-free hands and murmuring words of undying gratitude and approval. Riiiight. :phew: )

Rachel022094: On second thought, how could you have ever thought Yonsama to be ugly at all? I believe he thinks quite the contrary (click on his name to see the evidence)... Heehee! :P

Guest valley girl

^ I agree with the above posts, but obviously, it's no longer about award-worthiness, or who's the most talented and deserving, or who should be recognized for their work, etc. It seems that the well-oiled MBC propaganda-and-publicity machine (singlehandedly powered by the sighs and screams of SSH fangirls the world over... it's renewable energy, baby!!! :P) has irrevocably changed the way we define the phrase "awards show." Welcome to the MBC Drama Awards, where nobody... *voice quivering with emotion, tears welling up* As in nobody... goes home without an award, or a trophy, or a pat on the back, or a 2006 desk calendar, or an inflatable Yonsama doll... or something. NOBODY gets left behind... NO.BO.DY. *face contorted, nostrils flaring, fists raised at the night sky* (Polite applause from Soompi threadies. Heck man, if SSH could win the friggin' Daesang for doing pretty much the same thing, why not I? :phew: )

I don't know how much SSH had to do with the much-ballyhooed decision, if any at all. But yeah, it was MBC that bestowed the said charity dole-outs er, awards, so the burden of culpability lies on them--particularly the network honchos (or their friends deeeep inside the earth, who direct their every move), or whoever it was who pulled the incriminating envelope from their wazoo. :wacko: Well, I'm suuure that if SSH tried some soul-searching during his hourly push-ups, he'd realize how ridiculously skewed his joint victory with KMM would look. I mean, c'mawwwn. :rolleyes: I guess what I'm trying to say is that MBC can hand out their awards to whomever they bloody well please... Just don't expect us to fawn over the winners (the less deserving ones, at least) while they bask in their tainted, fabricated glory. :tongue2:

Oh well, you know me, I live to please. :D But seriously, the people here should lighten up some more. *in stage whisper* (I mean, it's not like the stars whose honor they're so ardently defending will care one whit, anyway. Or, wait--maybe they will! Maybe, just maybe, SSH and BYJ will reach down from their lofty throne of grace to the unwashed rabble of Soompi, and clothe their loyal devotees in the dazzling lights of their bleached, orthodontically-enhanced pearly whites, touching the chosen few with their gloved, germ-free hands and murmuring words of undying gratitude and approval. Riiiight. :phew: )

Rachel022094: On second thought, how could you have ever thought Yonsama to be ugly at all? I believe he thinks quite the contrary... Heehee! :P

kk i think we are Quite polite have you ever seen movie critics , actor critics or Movie review

about korean actor, movie or anything .

Wow they so harsh critics, especially when their acting so Weak.

they personalism with something

:lol:

i like how you're trying to be sarcastic but fall short of what you're trying to imply...but if you're trying to demean a certain actor...please just say so...why be afraid of admins?? we're all lightened up, it's a new year!!! let's start off fresshhh!!

and don't do this line crap we can read thru it...don't cover what you're trying to say...

Guest dunnbother

dang.... i was watching a clip of ljk at the mbc awards... and stopped early on because i thought "dude here he goes sounding rude and cocky" kind of remind me of last year's speech. now this coming from someone who didn't watch the entire show, but after reading about what his speech was about and the context of the awards... dude ljk... i don't know if what he did was brave or potentially career harming in the future.

So you were just watching a clip and you already concluded that he was "rude and cocky" that reminds you of last year's speech (??)...what...and then after reading his speech ( solely based on translation)...you were already judging his future career negatively..?

Rude and cocky? Now are you not being too harsh with those adjectives?

If you don't like LJK much, I would say that's your loss but why come here spouting unkind words that only made you sound mean and spiteful. Why don't you just leave LJK alone?

Anyway, LJK is not the only one voicing his displeasure at the way MBC run things, even the whole of Korea is and the media too..

Guest dunnbother

Even if LJK's reputation with MBC may be damaged, I think the other two broadcasting stations will be more than happy to include him in their own dramas. LJK is popular enough that they will let bygones be bygones in order to rake in more money. He may not be an exceptional actor, but he has enough of a fanbase both in korea and out in order to be a significant player in the entertainment industry for years to come.

Anyhow, what he said while handing out the words were pretty amusing to me, I don't think they were all that harmful.

I am in total agreement with you..anyway who cares about MBC?

my guess is that in 3 to 5 years from now, TV dramas will be a thing of the past....in future, dramas will be made for computer instead.. and you can watch your dramas via the internet throughout the world and not just in Korea alone..with today's advance technology in HD, pretty soon we can watch anything on our computer..

MBC? bye bye..

So you were just watching a clip and you already concluded that he was "rude and cocky" that reminds you of last year's speech (??)...what...and then after reading his speech ( solely based on translation)...you were already judging his future career negatively..?

Rude and cocky? Now are you not being too harsh with those adjectives?

If you don't like LJK much, I would say that's your loss but why come here spouting unkind words that only made you sound mean and spiteful. Why don't you just leave LJK alone?

Anyway, LJK is not the only one voicing his displeasure at the way MBC run things, even the whole of Korea is and the media too..

it had to do with how he was talking, he was dipping back and forth between formal and polite speech. i dunno it'd sound kinda of off/kinda impolite if i was a much older sunbae actor hearing his speech. then again, maybe things have changed in korea on how people talk. some netizens (yes the same netizens) actually were kinda bothered by his approach last year. actually i don't not like ljk... lol maybe a fan (maybe now former) falling out by the looks of it. and i was also looking at korean news reports/korean netizens after the commenter posted on this thread.

~~~

this is probably being cynical, but i don't think anyone at mbc will get fired after this. mbc knows it can make good dramas so it's gonna let this slide.

happy new year everyone!!!!!!!!!

i read all the comments regarding the MBC 2008 awards fiasco before making my own ..... and here goes........

I'd like to congratulate ALL the winners.

Deserving or not, it was already decided and they already received their awards.

MBC chose this path when they gave awards in two's. Politically and financially motivated, it was their decision.

They will bear the consequences.

I just feel so bad for the actors who REALLY deserved their award, but had to share the award with another actor.

They would have felt better if they had no co-winners to share the award with. And made the award more MEANINGFUL.

It was so gutsy of LEE JUN KI to say what he said. Maybe he was just so disgusted with the whole thing.

From the start you could see that East of Eden would get away with everything, isn't it??

Even the MC's are from EOE, how convenient is that huh??????????

Guest fossilgirl

i really hate how they treated LEE DA HAE.. it was poor tase on mbc's part to photoshop ldh out of the poster.. man.. whoever suggested they do that is so childish and unthinking..

MBC will reap what it sowed.. they must be feeling the heat now that the backlash from the people has gotten pretty intense.. should we just call the whole thing KARMA..

but hooray to lee jun ki for being so brave... he has turned me into a fan...

lee da hae.. aja aja fighting.. be comforted by the fact that a lot of people now understands and supports you..

Archived