2008 M B C Drama Awards

Guest kdramafanusa

Lee Junki is probably a good friend of Lee Dahae (My Girl), so he probably felt bitter about the whole East of Eden debacle as well.

Maybe? lol.

• Replies 657
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Unfortunately I did not see this award show. But as I can read here, this was a really rude plot. for sure KMM is a much better actor than SSH

Hmhmmh

KMM is a great actor, i respect his skill in his craft...

MBC pulled a political stunt by sharing the award with SSH...as a fan i was a bit shock...so was other SSHers...but we were caught up in the moment, because he really came a long way up to this point...

however, what MBC did is garnering negative attention on them and automatically it will connect to SSH and SSHers are on the defensive, and i would like to apologize if i came across as arrogant and ignorant to other soompiers...really it's because netizens and other web outlet are criticizing SSH talents...they have no other positive comment thus, why not just lay it all on him with his acting skills... which was really unfair...

KMM is an established award winner...for SSH, this is his 1st drama since 2003...this was solely MBC's doing...

again...

miahn neh ibnida

Guest suncine445

What a year for MBC to end.... This whole award thing is a real joke and I am again proven right. BAD PR for MBC and SSH.EOE is never the drama it was meant to be in the first place. Too much controversy and inconsistent plot If you have follow the realtime rating of each episode, you will find that it is highest when another actor has a major role for that particular scene.There are proofs for this .All in this just a political move by MBC to cover up its @@@@ hole.It has become a laughing joke all around Korea this morning, the other networks are just buzzing in its turmoil...You should hear about this ONAIR 2 and the JOKEs along the corridor of these networks....MBC might copyright ON AIR2 for its 2009 project :lol:

Guest Zombie

You're welcome.

Yup. And to all those who haven't watched the show yet and can't believe he actually said these, yes he did.

I left out some parts that I thought wasn't important,

but I found it in Korean website about all his sarcasms against MBC.

OK, translation is.. well basically most of them I already said in the above post.

The other comments by LJK at the live ceremony that I didn't say before are:

LJK to the girl MC next to him: "I heard you now confirmed on your next drama, would you like to talk about it? But you can't, right? Haha. Because it's from another broad caster, not MBC"

When the girl MC asked LJK about his next drama,

"The broad caster is undecided. Since I'm in MBC right now it'd be good for me to say I wish MBC would broad cast it but you never know."

You'd think he's just trying to joke around, but along with his other comments about the fans, timing, and script...

Man LJK really is trying to slap MBC's face.

Thanks bubbletea for yr interesting translation of LJK frank speech. :w00t: Hurray for this brave actor! :wub:

LJK must be pissed at MBC nominations and favourtism. :P

So all the presenters speech are completely scripted. :lol:

KMM is recognised as SKorea national actor, to have him being treated so badly by MBC and being screened off his receiving the shared DaeSang award just totally pissed the public off. ;)

Doubt MBC will ever learnt their mistakes. :crazy:

But it's true. I mean, you can believe whatever you want, but it is true that the majority of Korean Netizens are angry at MBC, and along with that anger they're also pissed at BYJ.

Netizens are just a fraction of the country anyway, so no they do not represent how the entire country feels.

But among the netizens, the mutual feeling is that MBC award show basically sucked, and BYJ and MC SSY were both bad, and that LJK is a hero.

Just look at any articles regarding the MBC award show at Daum online, the most popular search engine in Korea.

I just feel sorry for SSH. It will have been better that he had just won the Top excellence award instead.

MBC really make him looked bad instead of glorifying him.

Everyone knows it is not his time yet for DaeSang but the day will come later in his career but it is just not now yet.

Netizens/ TV viewers are just insulted with MBC decision, that is why the backlash. Just my thoughts.

I feel bad for SSH too because it seem like MBC just give him an award to please him or something. I believe his time will come but not now.

Yep, this does feel like an off-screen of On Air 2

Oh wow.

I just fell in love with Lee Junki! The man has guts!!

I'm a bit upset that MBC would honor 2 actors the Daesang award and from what I've heard and read, SSH's acting in EOE wasn't as superior as KMM's acting in Beethoven Virus.

MBC is losing face.

Guest piano_lady

KMM is a great actor, i respect his skill in his craft...

MBC pulled a political stunt by sharing the award with SSH...as a fan i was a bit shock...so was other SSHers...but we were caught up in the moment, because he really came a long way up to this point...

however, what MBC did is garnering negative attention on them and automatically it will connect to SSH and SSHers are on the defensive, and i would like to apologize if i came across as arrogant and ignorant to other soompiers...really it's because netizens and other web outlet are criticizing SSH talents...they have no other positive comment thus, why not just lay it all on him with his acting skills... which was really unfair...

KMM is an established award winner...for SSH, this is his 1st drama since 2003...this was solely MBC's doing...

again...

miahn neh ibnida

Don't worry...we understand you and the rest of SSH's fans...

I feel so sorry for SSH coz MBC's move of awarding him the Daesang did him much more harm than good.

Even some of the media people only recognize KMM as the winner of the daesang :(

Truly, MBC's at fault here.

Hopefully, they'll do better next time.

^Totally agree. I don't think SSH should have gotten the Daesang because his performance in EoE was not deserving of the highest award. However, I don't think he had any say in whether he received an award or not. If given the choice, SSH probably would have been happy with just Top Excellence or Excellence because receiving the Daesang has forced more of his critics out of the woodwork than if he just got a less prestigious award. So in favoring SSH, MBC actually did him a disservice.

^Totally agree. I don't think SSH should have gotten the Daesang because his performance in EoE was not deserving of the highest award. However, I don't think he had any say in whether he received an award or not. If given the choice, SSH probably would have been happy with just Top Excellence or Excellence because receiving the Daesang has forced more of his critics out of the woodwork than if he just got a less prestigious award. So in favoring SSH, MBC actually did him a disservice.

that's correct!

Guest csnrain

Daesang should be given to one recipient who has displayed the most outstanding performance...I think everyone can pretty much agree that KMM far outshines SSH in that department.

What was MBC thinking? Did they really think this joint Daesang would not create controversy for them? SSH may be highly popular but no one really considers him to be an exceptional actor. In fact, out of all the nominees SSH is arguably the weakest in terms of acting ability, even some of his fellow costars outshine him. I'm actually beginning to feel bad for SSH; he's certainly improved from past works but the negative publicity this is bringing him can't be any good. I've even read articles on Daum which talk about the Daesang winners of the three respective broadcasting centers and some don't even acknowledge SSH.

Anyhow, after letting some time pass I'm still a bit sad that KMM's time to shine has been marred by this controversy, but I'm sure he will come back with even greater dramas in the future.

Guest edenlove

to me those netizens are really cowards and negative people.

and i like to believe they are a small number.

all they do is complain compalin behind an id.

In Korea there is this special "elite" group known as "anti-xxx" netizens.

They love to criticise and blow up issues and find great enjoyment and satisfaction in it.

It is known that the same person can have numerous IDs doing the same act.

Guest suncine445

Daesang should be given to one recipient who has displayed the most outstanding performance...I think everyone can pretty much agree that KMM far outshines SSH in that department.

What was MBC thinking? Did they really think this joint Daesang would not create controversy for them? SSH may be highly popular but no one really considers him to be an exceptional actor. In fact, out of all the nominees SSH is arguably the weakest in terms of acting ability, even some of his fellow costars outshine him. I'm actually beginning to feel bad for SSH; he's certainly improved from past works but the negative publicity this is bringing him can't be any good. I've even read articles on Daum which talk about the Daesang winners of the three respective broadcasting centers and some don't even acknowledge SSH.

Anyhow, after letting some time pass I'm still a bit sad that KMM's time to shine has been marred by this controversy, but I'm sure he will come back with even greater dramas in the future.

Ya, it is not good PR for SSH. In fact they have given him a nickname .just not nice to write here. Certainly not a nice way to start 2009. MBC should be shameful of their PR people for this mess....

Guest rachel022094

omg i'm sad that new heart people didn't win lots of awards.

dude jo jaejin the guy who acted as chae kong kook deserved dae sang.

he was awesome in new heart..

he was much better that song seong hoon. i mean i'm a big fan of song seong hoon too but this awards is for the actor/actress who did the most outstanding performance

i would have been happier if it was kim mung min and jo jae jin both won the award.

if only new heart aired later.. it ended in the beginning of the year.

have u guys noticed that in almost every award actor/actress from east of eden won something.

wow.

NEW HEART WAS SOO FREAKEN AWESOME. Ji sung and Kim min young barely got anything.

and yeah Lee yeon hee is beautiful. but her acting skill wasn't good.

MBC has some issues.

god and everybody knows what a great actor kim mung min is.

and in sbs lee jun ki should have gotton dae sang. disappointed by that.

I don't want to argue with you on this because i am not korean and i don't know how koreans feel.

If you think BYJ is bad and you are taking away the many good things he has done to his country

just by this award thing, i pray to god that in this new year your souls will be blessed.

We are just peace loving people who arent here to make enemies.

I just feel sorry for BYJ. He doesnt deserve a treatment like this.

he didn't deserve any bad treatment. it's just that people are angry at him.

and bae young joon didn't really deserve to get dae sang last year.

just because the rating came out good and since he's very popular in asia..

kim mung min was wayyy better in acting in hah yan cub tab.

and actors are supposed to be good at acting...

and BYJ is kind of ugly too.

i don't know why he is popular in japan.

japanese people have weird taste..

ji sung is wayyyy better looking than him.

song seong hoon is way better looking that him too.

Guest Marikoo

ji sung is wayyyy better looking than him.

song seong hoon is way better looking that him too.

I am Japanese and you just have to watch your words.

Be careful on what you are saying on the net.

We are talking about acting. Since when is the topic changed to looks?

Guest rachel022094

Thanks, poptartsgirl!

I am also awaiting for the MU download link ;)

Again, congratulations to KMM for winning the Daesang!

ddda21c6.jpg

¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬

Anyway, found this just now regarding the similarity of KHN's character in On Air and awarding of the Daesang tp KMM and SSH.

So curious now as to how the Korean media will make out of this...

Anyone care to translate??

Thanks!

김명민-송승헌 공동대상, '온에어' 판박이 "시청자가 바보야?"

2008032009284769854_1.jpg

200812310134467521684A_1.jpg

omg this is just like the situation in on air.

oh seong ah was just really popular but her acting skill was very bad that why did gave dae sang to two ppl in the drama..

wow

I am Japanese and you just have to watch your words.

Be careful on what you are saying on the net.

We are talking about acting. Since when is the topic changed to looks?

i just wanted to say my opinion.

good for you if you are japanese.

if u are japanese why are u interested in KOREAN entertainment?

:excl:

please admins don't delete it...

i just wanna be reminded that there are such people <_<

Guest Marikoo

i just wanted to say my opinion.

good for you if you are japanese.

if u are japanese why are u interested in KOREAN entertainment?

I can't believe I am talking to a 6 year old.

Is this what you were taught in school?

This is getting to be ridiculous.

I give up. I forgot that people here don't know how to listen.

Guest mailene28

I can't believe I am talking to a 6 year old.

Is this what you were taught in school?

This is getting to be ridiculous.

I give up. I forgot that people here don't know how to listen.

:lol: lets just laugh it out Marikoo unni.. its new yr..so cool it down. *hugs*

Archived