ssh_surf.jpg

ssh_stretching.jpg

ssh_shooting.jpg

ssh_smoke.jpg

ssh_searchingeyes.jpg

SSH-1.jpg

Super.jpg

supportive-1.jpg

thank you to dear friends... njs, yooki, Esther and CL for wonderful S-cards fan arts ^_^:D:rolleyes:

INVINCIBLE news update regarding casting!!

Lee Min Ki to be replaced by Kim Kang Woo

Joo Jin Mo and Jo Han Sun are added to the cast

http://kr.news.yahoo.com/service/news/shel...;newssetid=1352

[단독]송승헌-주진모-김강우-조한선, '영웅본색' 출연

[single] Song Seung-heon - Joo Jin-mo - Kim Kang-woo - Jo Han-seon, casts of 'A Better Tomorrow'

[OSEN] 2009년 12월 05일(토) 오전 09:14

20091205091440799a4_094015_0.jpg

*rough translation:

Starring Song Seung-hun, Joo Jin-mo, Kim Kang-woo, Jo Han-seon the Hong Kong film A Better Tomorrow 'in Korea rimeyikeupanin film mujeokja' (finger print production) appeared to be.

And Hong Kong director Tsui Hark Actor: 1986 to kkophi noir masterpiece of the 'A Better Tomorrow' for a remake of Korea siljeong 'mujeokja' cast to them to complete the next 4 am planning to start shooting in January after finishing the second half are planning to release .

Chow Yun Fat was delayed a traitor a traitor for trying to hurt the bridge ex-gang Song Seung Heon two stations, working in gangs in jail as a junior after a betrayal of his brother's forgiveness, you want to live a clean life, Walter (jeokryong) stations served by Joo Jin-mo. The police have failed to forgive him as my brother (Leslie Cheung) is postponed 김강우 stations. The helm of the organization johanseon betrayed his brothers to secure the middle despicable boss (yijaung Station) and bunhanda.

Movie official "seungbusu of the film's drama between the four actors each. 4 actor plays the most important point is this. And so that was easy to cast. You will learn to balance between the big deal," he said.

₩ 10,000,000,000 masterpiece about a committed 'mujeokja' the original sentiment in South Korea to import basic teulman decorate a whole new story. Subject 'mujeokja' by no means the mess is a relative does not have dual nationality and meaning, the North Korean special agents talbukhan gang settled in South Africa in the world going on, perhaps he is content to paint. In a word, 'North of the A Better Tomorrow' is.

Publisher fingerprint the last 2006 'A Better Tomorrow' Remake rights were purchased. Directing the 'Maundy Thursday', 'Riki' songhaeseong directed by the aircraft.

nyc@osen.co.kr

Take online watch sports newspaper, digital mugaji OSEN Fun & Fun, 2nd edition published daily newspaper

*TSH

http://news.nate.com/view/20091205n05570

‘영웅본색’ 리메이크 캐스팅 확정…한국의 주윤발은 송승헌

'A Better Tomorrow' remake confirmed casting of Chow Yun-Fat ... South Korea's Song Seung Heon

기사전송 2009-12-05 17:30

-------------------------------------------------------

송승헌 ‘영웅본색’ 리메이크작 주윤발 역 연기

[뉴스엔] 2009년 12월 05일(토) 오전 09:54

20091205095400847e7_100026_0.jpg

IT'S CONFIRMED!!!

송승헌 주진모 김강우 조한선, '무적자' 출연 확정

Song Seung Hun Joo Jin-mo Kim Kang-woo Jo Han-seon, 'mujeokja' appearance confirmed

[스타뉴스] 2009년 12월 05일(토) 오전 09:34

20091205093420823b6_093612_0.jpg

http://news.nate.com/view/20091205n05192

송승헌-주진모-김강우-조한선, 한국판 ‘영웅본색’ 출연 확정

Song Seung Hun - Joo Jin-mo - Kim Kang-woo - Jo Han-seon, Version 'A Better Tomorrow' appearance confirmed

기사전송 2009-12-05 16:24 최종수정 2009-12-05 16:27

dfe600a8308435b333e06223ff85aa74.jpg

*rough translation

Starring Song Seung Hun, Joo Jin-mo, Kim Kang-woo, Hong Kong johanseon noir masterpiece 'A Better Tomorrow' was cast in the Korean Version.

December 5, according to movie insiders "with Song Seung Hun Joo Jin-mo, Kim Kang-woo, johanseon the recent 'A Better Tomorrow' remake film 'mujeokja' was cast as the hero," said "as early as next year to rush filming of the movie is aiming" he said.

The 'mujeokja' is Maundy Thursday, Riki, and I got on a megaphone directed yeonchulhan songhaeseong. Song director in 1999, Kara, 10 years later, and respiration guess Seung Heon said.

Song Seung Hun in the film that the Chow Yun Fat yeolyeol take an act of pyeolchil Station Soma said. North Korea's Joo Jin-mo from the special interest that wants to forgive his brother's role jeokryong, 김강우 (Kim Kang Woo) that does not forgive him to leave the police station was Leslie Cheung. Johanseon the organization's role takes on the helm to grasp. Johanseon the 'mujeokja' shots is the back door after you've decided to join the army.

Movie official "seungbusu of the film's drama between the four actors each. 4 actor plays the most important point is this. And so that was easy to cast. You will learn to balance between the big deal," he said.

The 'mujeokja' distance from the original information is expected to walk away. Bristow only for basic emotions bring South Korea to be reborn. North and South Korean special agents eager to get into the gang adjusting to draw the world.

Please wait bnt News reporter gogogirl@bntnews.co.kr YJ

*TSH

article by Mr. X :D

http://twitchfilm.net/news/2009/12/more-ca...rrow-remake.php

bettert.jpg

by X, December 5, 2009 6:34 AM

More Cast Details on Korean Better Tomorrow Remake

Last word on 무적자 (Invincible), the Korean remake of John Woo's 英雄本色 (A Better Tomorrow), was that Song Hae-Sung of 파이란 (Failan) would direct, and that Korean Wave star Song Seung-Heon and possibly Lee Min-Gi would be cast as the leads. But now producers Fingerprint have finalized the cast, and I suppose the ladies will be pleased.

Lee Min-Gi seems out, unless they cast him in a lesser role (wouldn't be out of the question, considering in how many films he starred this year, regardless of screen time), but Song Seung-Heon is confirmed for Chow Yun-Fat's role, and the other three main characters will be played by interesting choices: Joo Jin-Mo, last seen on the big screen playing Goryeo's King Gongmin in 쌍화점 (Frozen Flower), will play Ti Lung's role, while Kim Gang-Woo of 태풍태양 (The Aggressives) and 마린보이 (Marine Boy) will essay Leslie Cheung's role. Waise Lee's role will go to Jo Han-Seon.

Again, interesting choices, at least on a pure acting standpoint (as far as marketing potential goes, they did a pretty formidable job, all things considered). Kim proved this year with the terribly misguided 남자 이야기 (The Slingshot) that he's a sort of male version of Lee Na-Young, someone who works within limited boundaries, but whenever those limits are overstepped the flaws become impossible not to notice. And considering how little Jo and Song have to offer beyond machismo and mugging for the camera, you find yourself in a situation where Joo Jin-Mo (again, not exactly a master thespian) has to carry the ball for all four. The result could very likely be another 숙명 (Fate), filled to the brim with macho posturing, some kinetic bullet shenanigans, and that's about it. But maybe that's the point... machismo and guns.

With a budget of 10 billion won, Invincible will start shooting in January for what looks like a pre-World Cup release. The film takes the blueprint of the 1986 original, and adapts it to a Korean setting by featuring North Korean defectors who infiltrate into the underworld.

[OSEN] [아시아경제]

Guest AmberSong

To be honest, I dont like this "Four of a kind". Nothing to do with the former ABT regarding to the ages of the characters.

If only the gorgeous "Four of a kind" (for Tokyo event) could join in a movie, I would be very happy even our man was only a supporting role.

^ good job on selecting the outfit this time, SSH! No more black suit white shirt :lol:

No more? when ? u mean the colorful T-shirt ? In the train station scene, he sill wear white and ...grey which is not that different from B & W, hm. My man, u only needs to change the color of the shirt inside. That's it.

Btw, is it just me or will this four of a kind perform the train station scence on the the Tokyo dome's stage ?

I luv the key accessories cos it's one of my fav pics of him of all times! hahah. How much is it ? :rolleyes:

Guest AmberSong

Some gifs from 4 of a kind making( not sure if they have been posted b4)

cR shp

four1712090112b.gif20091124_8_esunjung.gif20091124_10_esunjung.gif

Isnt he just too cute ? ^^

PS. Who already moved my signature ???

To be honest, I dont like this "Four of a kind". Nothing to do with the former ABT regarding to the ages of the characters.

If only the gorgeous "Four of a kind" (for Tokyo event) could join in a movie, I would be very happy even our man was only a supporting role.

i'm sure there are reasons that the production team decided to go with JJM, JHS, and KKW :rolleyes:

ahahahah if the FOUR OF A KIND (Japan) would be in this movie, Fingerprint production will need more than just

10 billion won to cover the cost :lol:

Btw, is it just me or will this four of a kind perform the train station scence on the the Tokyo dome's stage ?

it seems to be a promo to commercialize the event...

and maybe it will also be shown as part of an introduction or part of a segment in the actual event program

I luv the key accessories cos it's one of my fav pics of him of all times! hahah. How much is it ? :rolleyes:

i don't know :blink:

maybe it's only gonna be sold at the site of the event and can't be sold outside

there will be a DVD of the program from a live recording!! WEEEEE!! ^_^^_^

http://news.nate.com/view/20091206n05968

이병헌-송승헌 등 ‘한류 4대천황’ 뭉친다

일간스포츠 원문 기사전송 2009-12-06 18:15

Lee Byung-hun-Song Seung Heon etc. '4 hallyu heavenly kings' unite

Lee Byung-hun, Song Seung Heon, Won Bin, Jang Dong-gun The supersized hallyu event of the 4 hallyu heavenly kings unite and is producing a live DVD...

These organizers are making a DVD of a live stage. Director Hur Jin Ho to make the footage. Japan's largest scale hallyu event is attracting attention.

*TSH

http://news.nate.com/view/20091207n03950

송해성 감독 ‘무적자’ 라인업 확정

스포츠월드 원문 기사전송 2009-12-07 09:21

20091207000127_0.jpg

*rough translation

Director Song Haesung 'mujeokja' lineup confirmed

'A Better Tomorrow, Chow Yun-Fat Version Korean Wave star Song Seung Hun station smoke

Overall, the same as the original deployment drama

Version 'A Better Tomorrow' has been managed to the lineup.

Movie mujeokja (songhaeseong director) is based on best of the 80s and enjoyed the best Hong Kong film 'A Better Tomorrow', complete the cast of characters. Kim Kang-woo, Song Seung Heon, Joo Jin-mo, and Jo hanseon go together.

Hallyu star Song Seung Heon, especially in the eyes of the moves that are collected. Discharged after the film's 'destiny', Drama 'East of Eden' after a year like this out, even charismatic. Chow Yun Fat in the original is a challenge to the role played attractive fodder. Matches perfectly with the Court 휘날리며 mouth of the twins of the male idol Chow Yun Fat was shot. Song Seung Heon will smoke it.

Jeokryong (dambuyoung) served the role of Joo Jin-mo. Violence in the organization to figure out a new life, to live is the center poles. 'Mujeokji' I'd be in the spotlight Song Seung Heon, but actually this is a movie that yikkeuleonaga Joo Jin-mo will be. The film ssanghwajeom 'also stars Joo Jin-mo youth to a deep acting effect led to the rise of Jonathan Moss. The benefit of Song Seung Heon Joo Jin-mo you can not.

As appealing as that described in the original actor Leslie Cheung as many say they are turned on. Lee Min Ki, cheonjeongmyeong mentioned the names of stars such as youth, but ultimately said Kim Kang-woo is casting. And the despicable villain Johanseon to smoke. A good image of the boss as the organization through johanseon this despicable act can turn had no idea what will.

'Mujeokja' a 'Better Tomorrow' is an emphasis on discrimination against. In the original characters and bring the overall gibonseoljeongman drama is planning to deploy an entirely new description. Recently completed the scenario happened in South Korea by North Korean special agent of the gang settled in the world, perhaps he was going on was known to hold content. ₩10,000,000,000 production costs and a commitment to keuraengkeuin plans next January.

---

*TSH

--------------------------------------------------------

SSH to release a mini song album February of 2010!! :D^_^

http://news.nate.com/view/20091207n02734

마이크 잡는 한류스타들…왜? “노래가 답이다”

동아일보 원문 기사전송 2009-12-07 08:15

24622076.2.jpg

*rough translations

Hallyu stars grabbing a microphone... why? "Dapyida song"

송승헌 해외 조준 내년 2월 미니음반 계획

Song Seung Heon mini-album in February next year, will aim overseas ^_^

Park Shin-yang's new album ... Lee Jun Ki have already Concert

Ryu Si-won, Park Yong-ha, a singer turns' influence success in Japan

"... Now the international stage, multi-enterprise 'is kiwodeujyo"

International stage star turned the eyes of the selection, multi-entertainer'. Music as a panacea for this market is becoming.

Hallyu star Song Seung Hun the next 2-3 days in the month target is preparing to release albums. Song Seung Heon of the original songs rather than the theme rimeyikeuna their mini-album type the name of the mine, announced the promotion of the album's theatrical and collect interest.

Last known composers for Song Seung Heon it directly to the song has been commissioned. In particular he asked the composers of songs and released many hit films in addition to pop music, and video professionals the ability in music, including musicians were recognized. Therefore, Song Seung Hun albums into the music industry rather than simply exploit the promotional focus on overseas markets as part of the official explanation of what that is entertainment.

One official in the music industry, "Song Seung Heon Japan around one of the music activities for the event known as the Asian market," said "acting is important, but for the music release of Song Seung Heon I have a very strong commitment," he said.

Hallyu star Song Seung Heon in recent releases of music spread around with a new multi-entertainer trends matmulrinda. Already ahead of Song Seung Heon, Lee Jun Ki, Park Shin-yang, and the album released in the overseas market positioning dajyeotda.

Lee Jun-ki to the album since its debut tour to Asia, said. April mini-album 'J-style, announced in Seoul to start his solo concert in Japan, China, Taiwan to open a total of more than 32,000 people were mobilizing an audience. Lee Jun-ki is so exceptional performer include the level of large-scale concert tour of Asia that could open up the album's keotda role. Lee Jun-ki is "TV show or movie to act in a limited image," he refers to music means to broaden the width of the overseas activity has said.

Also a singer than actor Park Shin-yang's image in Japan as a first come up with is active in music activities. The drama 'Lovers in Paris, appeared shortly after Japan's first studio album in 2005' Lover 'was released next year in the local plan to announce new single. Park Shin-yang from the iron bakgeun been a steady vocal composer-class training received by gachangryeok it said.

Happens to the Japanese market in recent multi-center, and Ryu Si enteoteinneo wind due to the success of Park Yong-ha is also a new movement. Those two dramas in South Korea as a springboard to the premier accumulated as a singer and then swept the Oricon chart in Japan until now has enjoyed a high popularity.

In addition, the Japanese theatrical singer and actress, respectively instead of staying in their own fields such as acting or singing a different field of activity in terms of the characteristics common to gyeomhaneun gongryakhan strategy is gaining persuasive analysis.

*TSH

No more? when ? u mean the colorful T-shirt ? In the train station scene, he sill wear white and ...grey which is not that different from B & W, hm. My man, u only needs to change the color of the shirt inside. That's it.

it's impossible for those four busy guys to be in a movie. They said even for the shoot, four guys had to gather at night to accomodate LBH's busy IRIS schedule. Furthermore, Jang Dong Gun just went back to Korean big screen after some years filming abroad, I am not sure if he will take another role in a Korean movie soon. So, we can just dream :)

About the outfit: if I recall it well, he wore colorful T-shirt and a brown leather jacket. Were your eyes still not satisfied? ;)

Invincible articles :D

from yesasia...

http://www.yesasia.com/us/en/entertainment-news.html

November 24, 2009

Song Seung Heon set to star in Korean remake of A Better Tomorrow

A Korean remake of John Woo's A Better Tomorrow has been greenlighted with Failan director Song Hae Sung at the helm, and Song Seung Heon and Lee Min Ki in the lead roles made famous by Hong Kong superstars Chow Yun Fat and Leslie Cheung, respectively. Tentatively titled Invincible, the Korean version depicts the bloody gang war that ensues when a renegade secret agent from North Korea gets embroiled in the South Korea underworld. The project carries a hefty budget of 10 billion won, and looks to begin lensing in Thailand early next year for a simultaneous release across Asia later in the year.

John Woo's groundbreaking triad hero movie broke box-office records when it premiered in 1986, and the success paved the way for Chow and him to advance their careers in Hollywood. In 2005, A Better Tomorrow was voted number two on the list of Top 100 Chinese Films of All-time, the highest placed among Hong Kong productions. When it was finally released in Korea in 1997, the film was so wildly popular it enjoyed a leggy theatrical run for one and a half years! Proving that Chow Yun Fat gunplay films remain hot in Korea, in 2006 a Korean company bought the remake rights to A Better Tomorrow which was re-released theatrically in Korea in 2008. Meanwhile, rumors have circulated for years that Hong Kong actor/director Stephen Fung plans to update the 1967 film Upright Repenter by Lung Kong, which was the inspiration behind Woo's masterpiece, but the project has yet to pan out.

Text / dian

-------------------------------------------

from a John Woo's films fan...

http://www.tumblr.com/tagged/song+seung+heon

John Woo’s classic/mindblowing/groundbreaking films A Better Tomorrow (1986) & The Killer (1989) set for a Korean remake.

I’m an adrenaline junkie and I always tend to stick with those that deliver a surmountable amount of it. John Woo easily falls into that category. His classic films A Better Tomorrow and The Killer hold a special place in my heart which made me excited to hear the news that these classic Hong Kong films were getting remade.

It also made me very weary. I’m not the biggest fan of remakes. I stand by the notion, “If it ain’t broke then don’t try to fix it.” I worried a little less when I read that Song Seung Hun has been cast to play Chow Yun Fat’s role. With last year’s East of Eden he proved he can mix action while playing a complex character which is important. Both of these films are in it’s VERY early stages so it’ll be a while until we see something but it’s nice to know it’s in the works.

*TSH

cine21 movie portal for Invicible is up!! ^_^^_^

http://www.cine21.com/Movies/Mov_Movie/mov...se&id=28012

http://www.cine21.com/Movies/Mov_Movie/mov...012&s=staff

cine21Invicibless.jpg

Mujeokja / 무적자 2009

Genre: Action

SSH: 영춘 / Young Choon

JJM: 김혁 / Kim Hyeok

KKW: 김철 / Kim Cheol

JHS: Tae Min

synopsis:

김 혁(주진모)은 군대 동료 영춘(송승헌)과 북한을 탈출해 무기 밀매조직에서 활동하고 있다. 그는 북을 빠져나오던 당시 자신이 버리다시피 한 어머니와 동생 김철(김강우)에 대한 죄스러운 마음을 지우지 못하고 있가. 그 와중에 김철 또한 탁북에 성공해 김혁을 만나지만 그는 형을 용서하지 않는다. 한편 밀매조직에서 함께 있던 후배 태민(조한선)은 김혁과 영춘을 배신한다.

Kim Hyeok (Joo Jin-mo) and military colleague Young Choon (Song Seung Heon) escape from North Korea weapons trafficking, are active in the organization. Kim Hyeok abandoned his mother and brother, Kim Cheol (Kim Kang-woo) to flee from the North....

Meanwhile, Kim Hyeok meets Kim Cheol who suceed and could not forgive him. The smuggling organization with the junior Tommy (Jo Hanseon) is to betray Kim Hyeok and Young Choon.

(thank you Han of TSH for the synopsis :blush: )

SSH to release a mini song album February of 2010!! :D^_^

http://news.nate.com/view/20091207n02734

마이크 잡는 한류스타들…왜? “노래가 답이다”

동아일보 원문 기사전송 2009-12-07 08:15

24622076.2.jpg

Chinese translation by SHC/SSH para (thank you :blush: )

English translation by TSH (thank you :blush: )

)抓住麦克风韩流明星们…为何? “答案是歌曲”

Hallyu stars grabbing a microphone... why? "Answer is song"

宋承宪明年2月瞄准海外的mini唱片计划。

Song Seung Heon mini-album plan in Feb next year to aim at overseas.

瞄住海外市场,明星多种多样的活动以及扩大的战略以发表唱片开始。举行了亚洲巡回音乐会的李俊基,提出了明年2~3月唱片发售作为目标的宋承宪,已经在日本发售了唱片的朴信阳。

Aiming at overseas markets, stars' wide range of activities and expansion strategy begin from album release. Lee Jun-ki held Asian tour concert, SSH announced an album release targeted for next Feb-Mar, and Park Shinyang already released his album in Japan.

转变了视线的明星们在海外舞台选择当“多栖艺人”。因为唱片的特别发行而受到注目。

"... Now the international stage, multi-entertainer is becoming the trend".

Changes in the sight of these stars in the overseas stage chose to become a "multi-performing artist." The special release of albums received attention.

韩流明星宋承宪以明年2~3月为目标,准备发行唱片。他将不会对现有流行歌曲和电视剧主题曲翻唱,而会以自己的名字用mini唱片形式发行而聚集演艺圈的关心。

Hallyu star SSH aimed to release an album in Feb-Mar next year. He will not be recording existing popular songs and TV theme songs, but will release a mini album using his own name. This has gathered attention in the entertainment industry.

最近宋承宪为了这个project就曲子方面直接向有名的作曲家委托着。特别请求了包括曾经发表了多首流行歌曲的大众音乐专家以及用电影等映像音乐获得认可的音乐家们。演艺圈有关人员们认为,宋承宪的唱片的发行不单是单纯的进军歌谣界,而且也是在海外市场推销的一环。

Recently SSH in preparation of this project has sent requests to well-known composers. Special requests made to renowed songwriters and experts who made various popular songs and MTVs. Entertainment personnel believes that SSH's album release is not just an entry into the music community, but also serves to as market positioning in overseas markets.

唱片业界的有关人员表示“宋承宪的唱片由于把日本做为亚洲市场活动的中心”宣布了“注重表演活动的宋承宪对唱片发行的意志也非常强”。

Music industry personnel said "SSH's album targets Japan as the center of the Asian market," and "SSH who is focussed on performances has very strong commitment in album release." .....

In addition, the Japan singers and actors instead of staying in their own fields such as acting or singing, a different field of activity strategy is gaining persuasive analysis.

here are a couple of "positive" articles from bloggers who are fans of John Woo films and or ABT movie

more and more articles of bloggers are coming with a positive outlook ^_^

http://newkoreancinema.com/news-a-remake-a...me-trailers-347

Song-Seung-heon.jpg

'A Better Tomorrow' Remake

So the news came in this week regarding the casting of this ever-discussed remake, talk of which seems to have gone on for years.

Director Song Hae-sung (FAILAN) is to direct the flick which has been given the, erm, interesting title of INVICIBLE and is reported to star Song Seung-heon in the role originally made iconic by Chow Yun Fat and Lee Min-Gi (A GOOD DAY TO HAVE AN AFFAIR) in the role originally played by the late, great–and sadly missed–Leslie Cheung. Those are some pretty big boots to fill by anyone's reckoning! The film begins filming in Thailand early next year and is being pushed for a 2010 release.

Prepare for the usual remake-backlash–especially on a film as classic and much loved as this–although it's certainly material that's ripe for reworking.

------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.wretch.cc/blog/gakinme?PHPSESSI...0fe43288735e7f9

November 14, 2009:

This is really very good news. Song Seung Hun will play the role of Chow Yun Fat, Mark, in the remake of A Better Tomorrow. The Korean company purchased the remake rights in 2006 in Cannes but never firmed up the actors. Now Song Seung Hun will play Mark and Lee Min Ki will play the brother role played by the late Leslie Cheung. Good choice. The working title temporarily is The Invincible and the production budget would be close to HK$67,000,000 (US$8.6 million). The story talks about the North Korean spy living in South Korea and entered the triad. Wow...sounds exciting. I can't wait to see Song Seung Hun again. The last drama he did was very good and he looks so good with facial hair!!!!!!! My family is thrilled about the news.

December 6, 2009

The Invincible by Song Seung Hun

Wow, the news is out that Song Seung Hun, Joo Jin Moo, Jo Han Sun and Kim Kang Woo will be in this remake. Korean news here, Twitch news here, Chinese news here. It appears that they would start filming in December and in the beginning of the year.

Jo Han Sun was supposed to go to military service but if he is taking this role, that means he will shoot his part quickly. His role is the gangster boss which took over Ti Lung's territory so it would be a small part of coming in and out, kick Joo Jin Moo around for a bit here and there and disappear. This is also the first time Jo Han Sun will play a mean role. In Cruel Winter Blues, he played an incapable bad guy but now, it's for real. I look forward to that and see if he could pull it off. If he could, when he returns from military service, he would have a career.

I am certain that Song Seung Hun could do the job well. Joo Jin Moo is a bit too young to play Ti Lung's role to be honest but of all the four actors, he's the most seasoned. Does he look like a brother to Kim Kang Woo who's playing Leslie Cheung's role? Kim Kang Woo looks a bit too old for Leslie's role. LOL. Anyway, it's a remake and they don't have to be exact but Korean audience adores A Better Tomorrow the movie and Leslie Cheung was very popular there. Kim Kang Woo would have quite a bit of a burden to overcome. I hope the gun fights would be more glorious than the original.

*TSH

from flixunlimited :D

http://www.flixunlimited.com/cast-of-invincible-finalized/

Cast of Invincible finalized

bettertommorw-205x300.jpg

By

amorsolo

Published: December 7, 2009

Posted in: Actors and Actresses, News

Korean film outfit, Fingerprint Pictures has finalized the cast for the remake of “A Better Tomorrow”, the 1986 John Woo film. News about this Korean remake of the John Woo film came out several weeks ago and now the film’s cast has been finalized. The film, entitled “Invincible” will be directed by Song Hae-Sung, whose directorial credits include Calla (1999), Failan (2001), Rikidozan (2004), and Maundy Thursday (2006). Song became widely known after the success of “Failan”, where he won the best director award in the Grand Bell Awards. He also won his second best director trophy in the same award-giving body for the film “Rikidozan”.

The cast for the film will include Song Seung-Heon, who will take the role originally played by Chow Yun Fat in the original movie. Song last starred in last year’s “Fate”, a film written and directed by Kim Hae-gon. The three other main characters are Jo Han-Seon, Joo Jin-Mo and Kim Gang-Woo. Jo, of “Sweet Lie” and “City of Damnation”, fame will play the role originally played by Waise Lee. Joo, who last starred in “Frozen Flower” as the king of Goryeo, will take the role played by Ti Lung. Kim, who was a member of the cast of “Marine Boy” and “The Aggressives” will play the role originally played by Leslie Cheung. Lee Min-Gi, one of the stars in the disaster flick “Haeundae”, was initially considered to be a part of the cast but was dropped from the list.

The film “Invincible” will be based on the original film with some Korean modifications. This 10 billion won ($8.7 million) film will begin production in January and will most likely be released before the World Cup.

*TSH

source: http://news.nate.com/view/20091207n02073

http://english.kbs.co.kr/Entertain/Enterta...ew.html?No=7222

[2009-12-07]

Movies to Watch in 2010

The film industry is already preparing for next year. Many renowned filmmakers have returned to Korea to produce movies about war and sequels to hit movies.

Director Lim Kwon-taek will produce his 101st movie “Scooping Up The Moonlight.” Directors Kim Tae-yong and Lim Sang-soo will produce remakes of “Late Autumn” by Lee Man-hee and “The Housemaid” of Kim Ki-young, respectively. Films about war will also be introduced to mark the 60th anniversary of the Korean War.

◇ The return of maestros.....

◇ War movies

.... Director Lee Jae-hwan’s “Into The Gunfire,” which is to open in June....

Actors Kwon Sang-woo and T.O.P. of the music group Big Bang will play student soldiers. Actor Cha Weung-won will appear as a North Korean commander, while actor Kim Seung-woo will play a South Korean commander. It is a blockbuster production that will cost 15 billion won to produce and market....

◇ The revival of classics....

◇ New productions by star filmmakers

Director Song Hae-song, who is known for his 2006 movie “Our Happy Time,” will unveil his remake of the 1986 Hong Kong noir “A Better Tomorrow” next year under the title “Invincible.” It stars Song Seung-heon, Joo Jin-mo and Kim Kang-woo as characters that were originally played by actors Chow Yun Fat, Ti Lung and Leslie Cheung Kwok-Wing.

*TSH