X-Men: The Last Stand

Guest run_lola_run

Guest litoxshortaii

i js watched this movie. it was pretty good, but i wasnt too satisfied with the ending.. i hope they make another one!

• Replies 486
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest ally.

I don't think there's another one. The ending was pretty ironic in my opinion, but whatever.

The movie's all right, but so many people died ... ;/

Pyro rocks. :)

Guest lackluster

as a true fan of xmen.. and reading the xmen comics and living up with xmen..

after watching this movie.. i became extremely disapointed... but thats my opinion..

(for the people who watched it, isn't it funny how when wolverines cloth disingrated... his pants was still on?)

the series will probably go on until at least apocalypse.

impossible..... when they do fight apocalypse, magneto and xiaver are supposed to fight together.. but xiavers dead.. thus concluding... no apo...

Guest Illustrativeee

impossible..... when they do fight apocalypse, magneto and xiaver are supposed to fight together.. but xiavers dead.. thus concluding... no apo...

did you watch the 'real' ending? =)

-

I just watched the movie today. That was one hell of a fight! Really great special effects. haha.

Finally! They showed the REAL iceman. and WOW! The BEAST is awesome!! And kittty did pretty well. Would have loved to see Gambit there... well hopefully on the next one? :rolleyes:

SPOILER:.

Too bad Jean and Scott died... I mean they are afterall part of the original Xmen.. sucks that the director killed them off.. =( Especially SCOTT! Wow he had like.. 10 lines max? :blink:

And I kinda felt bad for mystique. Though.. (not to be a lesbo or anything but..) SHE'S HOTT!! I kinda laughed on what Magneto said after she lost her powers.. haha but gotta agree.. hey, she looks hott even when she's blue! lol.

would have been great if Nightcrawler was back. Or at least they shouldve shown a glimpse. dang.

OH! and it would have been ever wayyyyy greater if phoenix actually turned into phoenix like in the comic books. haha. but if she did, then there would have been no way for wolverine to stab her huh? :P

Everyone, who's planning to go watch it, make sure you pay attention to Xavier's 'lecture'. And STAY till the credits are done!!! There's a 'surprise.' :D

OVERALL-- this movie gets 2 thumbs up from me! In my opinion, although some stories were off from the 'original' story, its still wayyy wayyy better than part 1 and 2.

Guest run_lola_run

Just came back from watching X3. :w00t:

I'll admit, walking into the theater I was expecting to end up being disappointed...but I ended up LOVING it! I still think X2 is a better film though but this one isn't far behind. This movie was SOLD OUT at the theater I went to and the crowd was really into it! No doubt this will be a huge success at the box office.

<SPOILERS AHEAD BEWARE>

I actually felt sorry for Magneto when he lost his powers. Heck, I'd take being a mutant than being a human anyday. :lol: ..anyways could it be possible that the cure's effects are only temporary? Because in the end Magneto seems to slowly be gaining his power back. I hope so.

Professor X isn't completely gone (he comes back in a scene after the credits), Phoenix can resurrect..I don't know about Cyclops though but I'd like to see him back. Rogue also has to get her powers back...she just has to, that's why I hope the cure is only temporary. They left it completely open for X4..remember that even though some major characters have died in X3, anything can happen in the X-Men world.

Pyro and Phoenix were my faves in this film. Phoenix flies! I loved that. I wish she had a bigger role and the firebird though. I really hope that Pyro survived! I wanted him to beat Iceman. Oh well.

For some reason, I wanna see Mr. Sinister in X4. If there ends up being an X4. :P

Guest HeffyEnd

I'm so pissed off. What a HUGE dissapointment. Granted, I didn't have very high expectations ever since I heard Bryan Singer left the project, but still. It was entertaining enough, and I'll watch it if it comes on cable (I won't buy it though) but as an X-Men movie it blew.

They rushed it WAY too much. It was so sloppy. Good Lord.

Some of the things that pissed me off most: (I made them yellow because I felt these were too big of spoilers for those who haven't seen it yet.. who don't want to get spoiled.)

--They randomly killed off Cyclops in the first fifteen minutes for NO REASON. They just showed him being a crybaby then BAM he's dead. It was as if they were like "Hey.. I can't think of what to do with Scott. Let's just kill him off early". And he was one of my favorite characters, too. Sloppy writing, man. I swear to God.

--I was excited that Angel was going to be in this one, played by an actor I like; Ben Foster. And they hyped him up in the trailers and previews as if he had a main role. They gave him sort of an intro in the beginning like what they did with Rogue in the first movie, and Nightcrawler in the second movie. Then they had the scene where he broke out out of of the building and flew away like a badass. Then where the f**k did he go? He was probably in collectively about 5 more minutes of the movie after that. :blink: WTF?

--They abandoned Rogue and Mystique. Two of my favorite characters. They had some stuff in the beginning with Mystique, then they randomly turned her human and only showed her in one scene after that. o_O All that was seen of Rogue was her whining about not being able to touch anyone. Then a WHILE went by without even mentioning anything about her and I was like "..WTF happened to Rogue?". And then they just made her show up at the end, human, and touched Bobbys hand. And that was all of Rouge.

--Why the hell did they pretty much decide to turn Phoenix into the Anti-Christ? Seriously. It's like they just brought her back to be the main villian in this film. They barely gave her a backstory, they barely gave her any dialogue, it was just KILL KILL KILL.

--Juggernaut's character sucked too. He was supposed to be menacing and scary. But they turned him into a joke --literally. Like everything he said was supposed to be funny. I hated even seeing him on screen.

And one of my main problems with the film was the ending. I loved the ending. HOWEVER, it was a bad ending for the movie if this really is the last film. How about some closure? Of course they couldn't fit closure with all of the ACTION-PACKED SCENES and "CUTE" DIALOGUE. :rolleyes:

Ehh. Long post. But whatever, I'd been looking forward to this for 3 years, and I have strong feelings about it, and how dissapointed I am.

I'm sure some of you have discussed this by now, but there is a hidden scene after the credits.

For those of you who missed it, or won't sit through the credits, It's:

A man lying on a hospital bed with a woman (presumably a doctor) standing near him. The man says something (I forget what) and everyone immediately knows who it is, even though they couldn't tell before from the angle shown. The woman then says "Charles?"; cut to black.

HE'S ALIVE!

Guest gfntasy

Ok, people. Ionno why you guys are saying that xmen3 is the last movie. Did you guys see the REAL ending??

SPOILER!!

Magneto gets his powers back showing that the "Cure" is only temporary!! And after the credits...which if you guys just walked outa the theater then you guys missed it. Xavior is not dead. HE GOT A NEW BODY!!!

It was funny how they practically killed everyone. By the end, I was like, "Is there anybody I like left?" lol. Anyway, there's no way Xmen3 is the last xmen movie...That's a pretty stupid ending if that's the end of the xmen series.

Guest Illustrativeee

I'm so pissed off. What a HUGE dissapointment.

I agree with you.

hah and here I thought it was a really awesome party 3. I forgot about the lousy story writing they did.

SPOILER

Though, the action was great, the details within the plot sucked. :sweatingbullets:

I was mad about the Cyclops thing and the Rogue and Mystique and for godsakes, ANGEL! Yup, totally disappointing, though somehow, I'm not as disappionted as I should be.

Maybe i'm just hoping for a part 4. :D I get a feeling the chemicals are only temporary judging on Magneto'

s ednding.. Rogue and mystqiue will get their powers back. who knows? Angel might be on part 4. and.. there could be a possibility that cyclops is alive. Afterall, they didn't show us his dead body.. seems to me, phoenix just kinda sucked out his energy or power or whatever.. same as how rogue goes when she kisses a guy. but then again. who knows? he might have been dustified. :unsure:

although theres all those disappointing stuff, maybe it was all there to give suspence for the next movie? hopefully...

i still think its 2 thumbs up. IT IS STILL WORTH YOUR MONEY. =)

I totally love it that wolverine was the star! haha.

Guest xl0lxl0lx
me too. When are they gonna put Gambit in?? I'm not gay, but Mystique is hot.
lol mystique's character is my favorite.

n when she turned human she was really pretty

it made me so sad when

magneto left her to save him from becoming human when in the end he does neways. i reallly though at the very end it she would reunite with him

there are no more, right? cuz this is the 'last stand'

Guest Malice_Kaiser

Okay, I can see why everyone is disappointed. However excluding the fact that it was rushed, most of the disappointments in the movie are probably going to make some sort of comeback in the fourth one.

If you paid attention to the end, Magneto is obviously willing himself to get his powers back, and it seems to be working. Which implies that this "cure" is quite temporary. And considering I don't think the humans even knew the extent of the cure's power, this seems even more plausible.

If you didn't stay to watch the scene after the credits, it's implying that Xavier isn't dead after all. Which also implies that there's still hope for Scott and Jean... Maybe. :blink:

The plot points were a bit weak, but considering there's almost definitely going to be more of these movies, I think we need to take into account that any movie series in which each movie directly relates to the other, we need some sort of bridge connecting them all. I guess this one was it.

Okay, yeah. I absolutely loved this movie. ^^;;

Guest erure

things i love:

1. the beautiful competition between magneto and xavier- they stand on opposite sides on one issue but still are civil towards eachother [it wasn't like that before when magneto took cheap shots but i felt it was like this in the last movie]

2. the irony in the last scene with jean and logan where woman is destructive and man is healing >_<

3. the showdown between bobby and the fire dude ["you should never have left" XD]

4. the chase scene with kitty and juggernaut- it was just funny to me

Guest s3rene

I find Jean Grey to be really unattractive and scary looking in this version of X Men probably because her image has to fit that of the Dark Phoenix. She did not really do much except act fierce and kill, kill, kill. I enjoyed watching the fight scenes between the X Men and minions of Magneto more.

Guest loveprint

I expected the movie to disappoint, but it wasn't all bad.

Like a lot of you, I'm also waiting for Gambit. Next movie, prehaps (if there is one)?

I thought Angel would have a bigger role, but yeah.

Overall it was alright. If there is a next one, I'll watch it, even if it's crap. Cause it's X-Men.

Mystique is awesome. :D

Guest HeffyEnd

Come on, 1 hour and 40 mins? I'm not surprised that they rushed it all.

Exactly. Why couldn't have been 2 hours? Or 2 1/2 hours? A lot of good action movies are.

I have so many problems with this movie. And ALL of them have to do with the fact that Bryan Singer & his crew (writers, composer etc) left the film, so crappy filmmakers took over. There was no emotional involvement for me at all with any of the characters. I almost cry at the end of the first film everytime I watch it, when Wolverine heals Rogue and all of his wounds re-open. But this film had me cringing at parts that were, I guess.. supposed to be sad? Like when Wolverine kills Phoenix at the end. :rolleyes:

This was such a studio movie. It was like the filmmakers and everyone involved were like "Big explosions and cute one-liners! This'll make a ton of money!" and unfortunately they were right. The film didn't even have 3 acts like most movies do. A beginning, middle, and end. This just had the beginning (everything leading up to the "final battle") and the end (the.. "final battle").

Hugh Jackman was talking on HBO like this was the last one they were going to do. Or at least, he was going to do. He was talking about how it was nice everyone getting together again for "one last time". Obviously they could to a sequel with the way they left off, but I got a very strong impression that this was going to be the last one. Hence, everything Hugh said. I know the filmmakers are planning on doing a Wolverine prequel before they do another X-Men movie though. I think if they do another X-Men movie, it won't be for a while, and maybe Hugh and Halle, etc. won't be in it. Plus Ratner could want to do it again, which just means the fourth one will be just as.. dissapointing as this one. But hey, maybe Singer will see how bad Ratner f**ked up his X-Men series, and decide to come back, aye? There's my wishful thinking. COME BACK BRYAN.

Archived