Kim Rae Won 김래원 ❤ Ardent Actor ❤ Shining Star

ploy1234

@asdfghello ah yes thank you for your understanding. Good point about the student thing having passed, but maybe would have done better if having more time to study. We know he's a perfectionist, right? Wanting only the best :)

and yes, I like the dancing in the rain. I like dancing, and if it's our Prince dancing, I will like it always, whatever kind of dance, wherever, whenever, haha. I thought it was so sweet with our beautiful doctor HJ.

hello @ella777 welcome here! I hope you'll get to know him better through this site. There's a lot to discover about our Prince :w00t:

oh he's in LA for a photoshoot? interesting! I'm curious what the setting will be. I hope he's enjoying his stay in the USA. He can practice his English :) (I can totally here him saying that HJH's "Morning'" in the hotel or wherever he's staying haha)

• Like 4

@maria1983 @asdfghello @peanuts281

OMO! Chinguyaaa!!!!! I miss you guys and our krw oppa! I apologize for not being here as often as i would like to. work is keeping me busy and preparing to go on my vacation!! You guys might have already heard about KRW oppa coming to pick me up here in LA!!! :P Hahaha! Im ready oppa! LOL gaja!!!! :D:D:D **I got my bathing suits ready and sunblock for you** hahaha 

ive read all your posts and i cant keep up :(  this is not happening! Lol feels like ive missed so many things. Anyhow, i totally understand you my dear friend @peanuts281! No one will hate on you here and throw tomatoes at you! :D we are all mature people (ahem @maria1983 ahem.. Lala? Mature?) hahaha! 

Im missing the SUNSHINE smile of oppa too guys! Its great to see old and new posts about oppa here! :D Gomawo! 

lets all keep fighting!!! Hehehe we can do it guys! A few more days or maybe months...and im sure we will hear about his moves being out soon! :) we shall all be full of life again! 

Take it easy everyone! Ill be enjoying my time with krw oppa for a bit! LOL ill be back! :D:D:D I really wish i knew what part of LA oppa is staying! I would probably do my drive by stalker mode! :P LA is too big! Awww...close yet so far....oppaya, bogoshipo! 

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, lala01 said:

@maria1983 @asdfghello @peanuts281

OMO! Chinguyaaa!!!!! I miss you guys and our krw oppa! I apologize for not being here as often as i would like to. work is keeping me busy and preparing to go on my vacation!! You guys might have already heard about KRW oppa coming to pick me up here in LA!!! :P Hahaha! Im ready oppa! LOL gaja!!!! :D:D:D **I got my bathing suits ready and sunblock for you** hahaha 

ive read all your posts and i cant keep up :(  this is not happening! Lol feels like ive missed so many things. Anyhow, i totally understand you my dear friend @peanuts281! No one will hate on you here and throw tomatoes at you! :D we are all mature people (ahem @maria1983 ahem.. Lala? Mature?) hahaha! 

Im missing the SUNSHINE smile of oppa too guys! Its great to see old and new posts about oppa here! :D Gomawo! 

lets all keep fighting!!! Hehehe we can do it guys! A few more days or maybe months...and im sure we will hear about his moves being out soon! :) we shall all be full of life again! 

Take it easy everyone! Ill be enjoying my time with krw oppa for a bit! LOL ill be back! :D:D:D I really wish i knew what part of LA oppa is staying! I would probably do my drive by stalker mode! :P LA is too big! Awww...close yet so far....oppaya, bogoshipo! 

Hello.. hope you'll see KRW there in LA.. Wahh one of my wish is to see him.. Stalk him.. paliii haha.. but its really hard to know his whereabouts and to get updates about him :( 

• Like 3

18 hours ago, asdfghello said:

He killed them with just that plain kind of style. He stands out without having the need to wear fancy clothes or anything. :wub:

He is a MAN :w00t::wub:

Hi everyone ! Im a new fan from Doctors ! Usually I just spazz there or in the RaeShin thread and read silently here but decided to come out and say hello ! 

I just hope this new photoshoot in LA will do justice to his manliness ! I hated the High Cut photoshoot, they made him up like a flower boy but we all know he is NOT ! They need to celebrate his masculinity and that raw sexy manly appeal that he has :w00t::w00t: 

I want him in a gray suit and white shirt like the helicopter scene in Doctors if i cannot have him showing just his abs in the photoshoot :w00t: Excuse my pervy mode !!

• Like 5

On 8/27/2016 at 1:46 AM, Ayame said:

Hello again everyone~ I translated another part of his interview, at least, the part that I think hasn't really been translated in English yet. I translated from a Japanese article, so I'm hoping the translation is not that off. Enjoy anyhow~

Thank you so much for the translation, @Ayame   cute thank you smiley

On 8/27/2016 at 1:46 AM, Ayame said:

Acting is becoming more interesting for me. I think there are a lot of things I want to do and become better at.

I am so happy to read this...  I remember a long time ago interview in which he said he did not know if he wanted to act all of his life... I am so glad he is back and found his path.

On 8/29/2016 at 6:48 AM, Ayame said:

(Re-posting my translation of this here.) Oh my god. I can't believe I just spent 2 hours translating this, but I just did lol. I just translated Part 1 of KRW's SBS interview. There are 2 articles of the interview, Part 1 and Part 2 since the interview was really long. I'll try to get up Part 2 by tomorrow or something. Also, this is translated from the Japanese translation, so I'm hoping it's okay... because the grammar was really hard to translate at some points lol. Well enjoy. Japanese text credit to momotaro32343866 at ameblo.

Thank you again, @Ayame   th_vni6xe.gif

Secondly, I had to be worried about whether I understood the intention, or what was it that we were conveying to the viewers, but there wasn’t enough time to do that efficiently. Therefore, in the later half, there were parts where my acting wasn’t as much as I wanted. I’m disappointed that (the viewers) can’t see the real story.

He is truly a perfectionist...!    But he does also touch on important element, of the insane crazy schedule of live shooting drama. I hope he gets an opportunity to do a pre-produced drama.

Actually, in the script, Ji Hong was supposed to say his lines in a very nervous and anxious way, but I wanted to do those lines in a manly type of way. I think I successfully changed it

I think so too.... I agree with him. It was pretty much perfect the way he delivered those lines.

Thank you @maria1983 for all the updates, and thank you all dear Raewoners for your input.  It is so nice to come here and read your conversations.  :wub:

On 8/29/2016 at 7:28 AM, deara said:

Oh i read too but someone wrote it in english he/she was comment on korean ig (the ig owner i think worked as crew on doctors), i wrote to that person dont spread about something you didnt know for sure

yep.   Those rumors spreaders are really dangerous....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

No Wedding Bells Yet for ‘Doctors’ Star Kim Rae Won

South Korean Movie Stars Protest Against Film Quota Cuts
South Korean Movie Stars Protest Against Film Quota Cuts (Photo : Getty Images)

Even if the Hallyu "Doctors" just ended, the medical drama’s star, Kim Rae Won, has not marriage plans yet. He is like “Descendants of the Sun” actor Song Joong-ki who is hounded with wedding rumors despite saying they are only close friends and not lovers with their co-stars.

Movienewsguide quoted Kim Rae Won, now 35, as saying, “I filmed two movies and have a lot to do still. [Marriage] probably won’t be for another few years. I’m not self-centered, but I have big dreams for the 2nd leg of my career.”

Although “Doctors” failed to dislodge “W” from the top spot in terms of viewership, the medical drama still retained its faithful fans because of the good chemistry between Hong Ji Hong, the character he plays, with Yoo Hye Jung, the character played by Park Shin Hye.

He assured that what is going between them is only an on-screen relationship. Kim Raw Won pointed out, “We cannot but have good chemistry because she really cares about an actor who plays the opposite role. There are actors who care only about their roles. But in this drama, Shin-hye and I were all open to each other and thus had no other option but to show good chemistry. Acting cannot be done alone.”

He explained the good chemistry to teamwork by discussing how they would tackle a scene as well as being open to each other. Like Song Joong-ki too who was not the first choice to pay the role of the doctor, Kim Rae won was also not the choice to play the actor because he was previously identified with very strong roles.

“Doctors” aired over SBS 20 episodes of the TV series from June 20 through Aug. 23.

source

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

P.S. They used one of my favorite photos of him.  I think he was on the cover of "Life" with this photo. He went to that protest with Lee Jung-Jin.

• Like 6

23 minutes ago, sunflower001 said:

He is a MAN :w00t::wub:

Hi everyone ! Im a new fan from Doctors ! Usually I just spazz there or in the RaeShin thread and read silently here but decided to come out and say hello ! 

I just hope this new photoshoot in LA will do justice to his manliness ! I hated the High Cut photoshoot, they made him up like a flower boy but we all know he is NOT ! They need to celebrate his masculinity and that raw sexy manly appeal that he has :w00t::w00t: 

I want him in a gray suit and white shirt like the helicopter scene in Doctors if i cannot have him showing just his abs in the photoshoot :w00t: Excuse my pervy mode !!

LA is hot right now so probably will be like the photoshoot he did in Bali showed his abs (i hopelessly  hopeeee  it happen) :D but it's Marie Claire Photoshoot they said. so.... they might wont showing his abs :cold_sweat: not manly photoshoot i guess .....

Im sorry i killed your excitement lol  :w00t:

• Like 5

no wedding bells yet? what about lala01's trip with oppa to Las Vegas? :phew:

haha, just kidding. If only lala01 was able to see him, by coincidence, that would be awesome. I imagine LA is big, highest chance is to camp at LAX airport, but work is getting in the way , I suppose :angry:

ah it's a photoshoot for Marie Claire.. well, they are very stylish. So it's OK about the absence of abs :) I'm sure we will see it again someday in the future haha

• Like 5

Actor Kim Rae-won talks about chemistry with actress Park Shin-hye in 'Doctors'

SEOUL, Aug. 26 (Yonhap) -- Kim Rae-won, hero of the just-ended medical series "Doctors," has confused some viewers regarding whether he was in a relationship with actress Park Shin-hye in real life with his way of looking at her in the drama.

And now he has opened up about the on-screen chemistry he shares with his co-star Park.

"We cannot but have good chemistry because she really cares about an actor who plays the opposite role," the 35-year-old actor said during a news conference for the SBS series at the SBS headquarters in Mokdong, southwestern Seoul.

Actor Kim Rae-won (Yonhap)

"There are actors who care only about their roles. But in this drama, Shin-hye and I were all open to each other and thus had no other option but to show good chemistry," he said with his trademark bright grin.

"Acting cannot be done alone. In that sense, I think Shin-hye is a really clever actress," he added.

"Doctors" depicts a coming-of-age story of Yoo Hye-jung (Park Shin-hye), a female high school bully who slowly changes, influenced by her supportive new homeroom teacher Hong Ji-hong (Kim Rae-won). Years later, they meet again as doctors in the neurology department of a hospital and fall in love.

Aired in South Korea from June 20 through Aug. 23, the 20-episode drama has garnered an impressive viewership of around 20 percent on average. The viewership was the highest among all dramas shown simultaneously at 10 p.m. on Mondays and Tuesdays.

When questioned about if he felt uncomfortable in acting out a romance with the young actress who is nine years his junior, his answer was "No, not at all."

"Park and other junior actors rather felt comfortable with me and treated me like their brother who is a few years older than them. So everything went naturally without having to discuss much about how to act."

But he confessed that he changed his hair style to look much younger than his actual age.

After the show's success, Kim said he is now happier than ever with the massive arrival of TV commercial offers.

"I'm really happy because viewers loved the drama very much," he said, adding that he now wants to do another show like it if he can.

"Doctors" was his first melodrama in five years after "A Thousand Days' Promise" in 2011. He next starred in the 2014 SBS TV legal thriller series "Punch," in which he played a prosecutor who learns he has a brain tumor and just six months to live.

He then explored the role of an edgy complicated tough guy in the gangster film "Gangnam Blues" (2015) co-staring Lee Min-ho.

But such characters did not create as much buzz from viewers as when he radiated the amicable Prince Charming image he is known for.

He made his debut in 1997 through the drama "Me" and since then has played romantic heroes in such hit dramas like "Rooftop Room Cat" (2003) and "Love Story in Harvard" (2004), and films like "... ing" (2003) and "My Little Bride" (2004).

"I didn't mean to avoid romantic comedies but just wanted to do something new and interesting."

Since he had not done any medical dramas before, he wasted no time in accepting the casting offer for "Doctors" as soon as he read the script.

But as he shifted to the drama right after finishing the filming of a local movie, he confessed that he had no time to fully prepare for the role.

"I want to do a doctor character once again, in a really professional way next time. If I had more time, I would have visited an operating room to watch how doctors work," he said.

SOURCE:  Yonhap News

• Like 9

54 minutes ago, sunflower001 said:

No abs ??? Dang !!!! Hahaa ! Its ok..I can live with old photos of him showing his abs that I saw earlier ! 

If its Marie Claire then lets hope its done in a stylish sophisticated manner :) 

Yes i hope that too as a Man with class from marie claire :D

• Like 5

@lala01 Hi chingu!!! This thread misses you and @maria1983!!! :) Yeah, are you now gonna bring him to your beach paradise? :lol: Lucky you chingu!!! You and krw oppa are breathing the same air right now ;) Go and find krw oppa ang bring him to us lol. Enjoy your vacation chingu!

Hi @sunflower001!!! Go and spazz here too, you are very much welcome here!!! :) Yeah I also want that kind of photoshoot for him! Go oppa show 'em all how it's done. ;) And I'm also praying for a photoshoot with PSH!!! That'll be great for sure. :)

@tatidu Thank you for sharing those photos!! I also can't wait for the release of the movie. Oppa will surely amaze us again like he always does. :)

Awww no abs, that's sad for us @deara!!! We've all been wanting to see his abs since the first day of Doctors :lol: But @peanuts281 is right, we'll get to see it again someday! I just hope that 'someday' will come very soon! :lol:

• Like 5

thank you for the article @irilight

so some new pictures from 'Prison'. Does that mean release is nearby? Can we hope? Can we? Should I stop dreaming? aigoooooo this wait is killing me. I used to be good at waiting (we waited I think long enough between Punch and Doctors) but now with these 2 movies we know are still coming, I'm acting like a kid again

(it's OK. Dr Hong waited 13 years for HJ. I can do this too) :sweatingbullets:

• Like 8

21 hours ago, peanuts281 said:

thank you for the article @irilight

so some new pictures from 'Prison'. Does that mean release is nearby? Can we hope? Can we? Should I stop dreaming? aigoooooo this wait is killing me. I used to be good at waiting (we waited I think long enough between Punch and Doctors) but now with these 2 movies we know are still coming, I'm acting like a kid again

(it's OK. Dr Hong waited 13 years for HJ. I can do this too) :sweatingbullets:

You were right if he could wait for 13 years why cant we waiting for a few months :D 

And Don't worry we all are acting like a kid again lol :lol: 

• Like 8

3 hours ago, asdfghello said:

@lala01 Hi chingu!!! This thread misses you and @maria1983!!! :) Yeah, are you now gonna bring him to your beach paradise? :lol: Lucky you chingu!!! You and krw oppa are breathing the same air right now ;) Go and find krw oppa ang bring him to us lol. Enjoy your vacation chingu!

Hi @sunflower001!!! Go and spazz here too, you are very much welcome here!!! :) Yeah I also want that kind of photoshoot for him! Go oppa show 'em all how it's done. ;) And I'm also praying for a photoshoot with PSH!!! That'll be great for sure. :)

@tatidu Thank you for sharing those photos!! I also can't wait for the release of the movie. Oppa will surely amaze us again like he always does. :)

Awww no abs, that's sad for us @deara!!! We've all been wanting to see his abs since the first day of Doctors :lol: But @peanuts281 is right, we'll get to see it again someday! I just hope that 'someday' will come very soon! :lol:

Maybe we will see his abs in his new movies :rolleyes:  ( wishing hard )

• Like 7

• Guest changed the title to Kim Rae Won 김래원 ❤ Ardent Actor ❤ Shining Star [Upcoming movies "Revival" and "The Prison"]