Kim Rae Won 김래원 ❤ Ardent Actor ❤ Shining Star

ploy1234

@CeejayA Punch is my favorite drama of him next to Doctors. His performance in that drama was sooooo great. Also loved the bromance there. ;) I'm also starting to rewatch his past dramas to get past this sepanx. :lol:

@ixora6 I know right?!! Haha I really loved his current fashion and hairstyle. I wish he would maintain that too. His previous look (esp. in Punch) makes him look older than his age. Though I love seeing him in a suit, I still prefer his style today -- very manly, classy, and charming. :)

@Ayame Oh wow here's the part 2 already!! You are an angel sent from above!! Thank you again, chingu!! :)

• Like 8

@Ayame Thanks again chingur for the translations!!!! You are the best!!!! :) 

@asdfghello Hey chingu! Oreman! Hahaha i figured you were binge-watching krw oppa's past dramas and movies!!!! We both like Punch!! Yay! **high five**

@maria1983Hey chingu!! Haha krw oppa wants to do a psychopath role! Just like i was imagining with his multipersonalities!! As well as castaway!! :D:D feels like my signals have been taking effect on oppa!! LOL ( wishful thinking) daebak!! Those are the kind of roles i want to see him act out! I bet it will be jjang! :D hes so good with body language anyway! 

Alright chingus!!!! Annyeong!!! Hope we get to see krw oppa's movies SOON!!!! Fighting!!!!

• Like 8

Haha because he wants to play a psychopath I'll love to see him play an obsessed lover with a mental condition who means no harm but does not know better so he kidnaps the girl and takes her away to be his wife on his deserted family farm lol. Given that he's such a good actor I bet he'll ace the role and I'll even feel for him or understand his crazy character lol. 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Kelly86 said:

Haha because he wants to play a psychopath I'll love to see him play an obsessed lover with a mental condition who means no harm but does not know better so he kidnaps the girl and takes her away to be his wife on his deserted family farm lol. Given that he's such a good actor I bet he'll ace the role and I'll even feel for him or understand his crazy character lol. 

I also like to see him as a psychopath surgeon in a production like the movie BOXING HELENA.  Chopped off the limbs of the female lead and hold her captiva at his home.  Boxing Helena is one of movie that i have a deep impression after all, it was a DREAM :)

Only if he is confident to do such a role.

• Like 4

hi guys kindly participate in buying the blu ray or dvd cut, as of the moment orders still below 50% which production of dvd and blu ray might be cancelled. Also if blu ray orders will not meet 1000 copies then even dvd cut will be cancelled. Kindly spread the news so that all will be aware. Thank you

• Like 2

On 8/30/2016 at 1:52 PM, asdfghello said:

@CeejayA Punch is my favorite drama of him next to Doctors. His performance in that drama was sooooo great. Also loved the bromance there. ;) I'm also starting to rewatch his past dramas to get past this sepanx. :lol:

@ixora6 I know right?!! Haha I really loved his current fashion and hairstyle. I wish he would maintain that too. His previous look (esp. in Punch) makes him look older than his age. Though I love seeing him in a suit, I still prefer his style today -- very manly, classy, and charming. :)   

On 8/30/2016 at 2:23 PM, lala01 said:

@asdfghello Hey chingu! Oreman! Hahaha i figured you were binge-watching krw oppa's past dramas and movies!!!! We both like Punch!! Yay! **high five**

hey guys, count me in who like Punch. I super like it. Excellent drama. Though, i cannot watch it as many as Doctors because of the heavy tone but was mind blowing. @asdfghello Park Junghwan is so handsome and bad richard simmons in his suits but he's too serious and ambitious for his own good. If he's as cheerful as Hong Jihong i think i'll have major heart attack hehehe. Hong Jihong is cool in his shirts and is playful.

@CeejayA thanks for the run through of KRW's drama ratings. Besides, all of them are good. hope we met the MOQ for Doctors bluray.

@Ayame thanks a bunch chingu ya for translated interview! frank as ever.

On 8/30/2016 at 2:43 PM, kate_USA said:

I think KRW is in love but has not realized it yet...hahaahahahaaha!!!;):D

On 8/30/2016 at 2:53 PM, asdfghello said:

@kate_USA Hahahahaha really loved how he actually admitted that he really blushed (and not "tired" like what he said in the bts vid) lol this guy's really full of surpises! :lol: 

KRW is so cute and i love it if he's in love. want to see him smiling always. Hope Doctors had left happy memories to our man despite his discontent. I've discovered his perfectionist side after Doctors and i respect him more. 

On 8/30/2016 at 3:24 PM, Kelly86 said:

On 8/30/2016 at 4:22 PM, Winnie Lim said:

I also like to see him as a psychopath surgeon in a production like the movie BOXING HELENA.  Chopped off the limbs of the female lead and hold her captiva at his home.  Boxing Helena is one of movie that i have a deep impression after all, it was a DREAM :)

Only if he is confident to do such a role.

@Kelly86 i love the scenario and yes yes yo! KRW could play it deliciously good. I'll volunteer to be his object of obssession hahaha.

@Winnie Lim a little gory but thrilling altogether. I tend to stay away with brutal movies but if KRW is in it, I'll bear it.

Park Junghwan & Hong Jihong are polar opposites but KRW as psychopath/obbsessed/brutal would be exceptional. 

23 hours ago, deara said:

I think they both are, but they are kinda confused it was mixed betwen real or just so into the characher they played lol :lol::rolleyes:

it's very confusing not only for them for more so for us viewers. It can't be help for the two of them because they are committed in their character for almost 4 mos.

Shinhye will not dwell on it long since she'll immerse in her new character. On the other hand, our man will be busy with a lot of cf endorsements, magazine covers & interviews :)

here's some excerpt of his 2009 Cosmo interview...

Cosmo: There’s word that you might do one more project before enlisting; has a definite decision been made?
KRW: There are many projects under consideration, but it’s difficult to say definitely. At this very moment, I have no thoughts of wanting to do another project like Sunflower though. I’m scared of living with the emotions of such a character I can’t escape for two or three months. There was a similar aspect while filming Insadong Scandal as well. At the beginning of filming, I’d go hiking or golfing with friends, and they’d say so. Why I act so impudently these days. When I’d ask what’s so provoking, they’d say I just am.

Cosmo: I guess Lee Kang Joon is that kind of guy?
KRW: Yeah. In the movie, I’m really impudent. That character entered inside of me, so without me knowing it, I guess some resemblance grew.

Cosmo: It’s baffling. As the interview goes on, I get more confused. You say you like the romantic comedy genre, and you want to try a romantic comedy, yet [you say] you have no interest in dating [at the moment]. How can I understand that Kim Rae Won?
KRW: Even if I don’t date, I can live vicariously through doing a romantic comedy. And while doing so, gain understanding of what love is.

credit: https://kpculture.wordpress.com/2009/04/28/kim-rae-wons-interview/

One thing for sure..after Doctors, KRW gained a better understanding of what love is :heart: 

lovely shoutout to our Raewoners @irilight @maria1983 @peanuts281 @lala01 @willenette @only*rae won* and others :)

• Like 10

@rori0711 That's why I'm glad he took the role of Hong Ji Hong in Doctors (a really total opposite of the one he had in Punch). We can see him laugh and smile a lot this time. In Punch, I can only count in my fingers how many times I saw him smile. :lol: That major shift really shows his flexibility and versatility as an actor. 

I haven't seen that article, thank you for the heads up! Looks like he also has withdrawal syndrome like us. :) Now I'm wondering if that's the reason why his answers in the presscon were like that. Has he still not separated from Hong Ji Hong's character or is that what he really felt about PSH? Haha this guy's either surprising me or confusing me. :lol:

• Like 11

hello guys!

OK let's see if I can finish typing this, since I have a lot to say, because I wasn't able to the last days. Seriously, even when I was still trying to read your posts, suddenly the page disappeared and I got a warning from my anti-virus about malicious site, so I stayed away from soompi for a while (but couldn't help trying every day) haha. Hopefully it is solved now.

Wow, I love the conversation here. And the mild difference in opinion :)

First of all, thank you @Ayame for the translations! it is gold!!

So let me all give you a shocker right now: to be totally honest, I am disappointed in our Prince (please don't throw tomatoes at me now or even worse, try to stab me). I've been feeling bad about it, because I really do like him a lot as an actor, but please let me explain. It is mostly from what he said in the interview or from what I've read here and there (sorry, don't know what I read where anymore). And please feel free to correct me, bcs I would be more than happy to change my view and be all 100% "go oppa" again!

- I just knew he would be bringing himself down again, saying he did not do the best he could etc. I knew it! And I'm like: why? why oppa? what again was not right? I have been trying to search for flaws in your acting in Doctors, but sorry, I can't find any. OK, I'm not that good of a source, since I'm not an actor myself, but if the viewers liked it, isn't that the most important? I really enjoyed HJH, it was better than I could have ever imagened (just the Teacher period was not so much my favourite). Saying he could have done better for the surgery parts if he had more time to study with real surgeons... who cares? That 0.1% of viewers who are actually doctors and can point out "oh, that's not how a real doctor would do"? I'm sorry, but this upsets me a lot. He's always so hard on himself. For no reason I believe.

Good thing though: he did like it himself that he could act (even if brief) the intern doctor Hong. I was very amazed at that. Considering he had to play a beginning doctor, 10-15 years younger (?) than what he was now, at the end of months of shooting, and after playing the current Hong all the time, I was really like: bravo! You nailed it big time, dear Prince. Playing insecure all of a sudden, naive, but still full of hope: brilliant! I would have liked to see a bit more of that, but I was already happy with this. An excellent example of how well he can act.

- Oh yes, the dancing/kissing in the rain scene. I still don't understand what was so wrong about it. That it was hasty? That part I can slightly understand, but not, that it should have been cut out completely. I liked that scene! I still do! I thought it was sweet to have a first mild kiss there. Sure, there are thousands of songs that could have applied, but the one now was OK for me. And even if it was all that bad, it's too late anyway. We all saw it, and I think the majority liked it. Bringing the focus on it, doesn't help imo. But OK, I'm focusing on it too, so doesn't help either. I just wanted to say I liked it.

- Then the psychopath thing. Aha, you all like it? I don't. But I'm slightly changing my view, because I now realize there are many ways of psychopaths to be played haha. I was just like imagining the kind of psychopath like in Silence of the Lambs, and I was like, noooo, our Prince is too young for that. He should be more mature to play this and still get "sympathy" from the viewers. If he plays a role like this, at his current age, it will give a bad feeling, a bad image. But I should snap out of it and think: a) he is not even playing it yet b ) shouldn't you wait to see what kind of story it will be exactly?  c) you'll know you want to see the role anyway, bcs you're curious in everything he plays.

So yeah, there you have it. Maybe it is bad withdrawal I'm suffering from, mad Doctors ended, and stuff. I just hope we won't have to wait for the movies too long anymore, and I was really happy to read he totally wants to continue acting more, having new challences, maybe more dramas? (oh wowie) and yeah, the putting of family life because of career is not that smart I think, but that is totally his choice of course, and as long as he's happy, I'm still happy too.

Sorry guys for long post and negativity, but I needed to write this for myself. I hope you understand.  (they say writing it off is part of healing, and I know I'm totally gonna regret this afterwards)

• Like 7

29 minutes ago, asdfghello said:

CrL19K8UIAAFLqe.jpg

CrL19KtVUAAer32.jpg

CrL19LAUAAAAmcj.jpg

CrLmo_tUsAQSV6s.jpg

They said he's on his way to LA for a photoshoot. Uhm chingu are you aware of this? Lol @lala01 :lol::lol:

CrL2qHwVUAAbHaS.jpg

CrL2qH2UsAEigFA.jpg

CrL2qH1VYAElDxY.jpg

CrL2qH5UkAEDmRK.jpg

Went to US too??? *delulu mode on* lol  :lol:

Ps: omg he looks so .... *speechless* who said he's old! he killed all those flower boys lol 

Thank you for sharing this pics! :wub:

• Like 12

@peanuts281 Hi chingu! :) Negativity? No, I didn't see it that way. Probably you were disappointed at some things but for me I didn't take it as a negative one. I'm glad that you're aware of our prince's flaws and brave enough to point it out, unlike other fans who only praise and agree with everything that their idols do. 

I kinda agree with you on your view on being disappointed about him bringing himself down. But after looking into it, I somehow got his point (well this is only how I understood). For me, the way he portrayed Hong Ji Hong was great. I loved how he actually became that character, remember he even asked pd to change Ji Hong's style of greeting Hye Jung in the helicopter scene, his effort in studying and knowing his character better amazes me. As an actor who has been in the industry for quite long time and has portrayed different kinds of character, I think he only said that because really he wasn't able to prepare for the role (since he just finished filming his movie last April), that if he had enough time to prepare, he would've played the role better than what he did (don't get me wrong, I swear loved how he brought Ji Hong to life, I loved every bit of it). Maybe he's just like an ordinary student who passed the exam without studying, but still wondering that if he had enough time to study and prepare, maybe he would even get the highest score. That's how I understood his thoughts about that. And yes I agree with you about how he portrayed the intern Ji Hong. :) The way he ran and bowed to the other doctors passing by plus his innocent eyes!!! I am totally amazed with how he was able to pull it off!  

As for the kissing in the rain part, honestly, I was bothered the first time I watched it. I was not bothered by the kiss itself, but probably by the posture. It must've been the camera angle, I think? Or maybe it's just me. :) But other than that, I really have no problems at all. I loved the dancing part and liked how Ji Hong kissed Hye Jung. Unlike other people, I understood why the kiss had to be like that. It really shouldn't be passionate (just like what others think it should be) since Hye Jung is new to that kind of set-up (lol she didn't even know what dating is when in fact they've held hands for about twice or thrice already and she even got mad at him for not letting her into his life). For the dancing part, I have to disagree with him. I haven't found anything wrong in that scene. The dance for me was okay. I don't know why our prince thought that it was strange. 

On the psychopath thing, I really don't have any problem with that. I actually have no problem with whatever role he wants next. He knows himself better than anyone of us so most probably he knows what's best for him and his career.  

Okay, my post is also getting long. I better stop right now haha. But no worries chingu! I'm happy that we're all able to share our views and opinions. :) It's better this way than to keep it to ourselves. Haha in the end what matters most is that we're here to support our Prince in everything that he plans to do. Go, oppa!!!! Fighting!!! :)

• Like 13

1 hour ago, asdfghello said:

@deara Haha yeah!!! I saw a post saying it's only 2hrs away from where psh's is staying so...... hmmm. Ooops! :lol: I know right?! He killed them with just that plain kind of style. He stands out without having the need to wear fancy clothes or anything. :wub:

Yesss omg! Are they both on ninja mode?? lol :lol: and i dont know what to say :D he's so darn cute on that pics hahaha :w00t:

• Like 8

So happy to be here, I am a new comer ... Would like to know him more from this site. I like KRW because of Doctors. Will support and cheers him together with all of you here ! All the best to him and all of you ! 

• Like 7