[drama 2009] Tamra, The Island - 탐나는 도다

Guest kangki

Guest hjkomo

Loving this. these two are downright precious.

Two favorite scenes from ep 5:

I don't understand korean, so I'm assuming, she can't see in the dark. He is allowing her to hold onto his sleeves so that he can be her guide.

I did understand one phrase, she did thank him. "Thank you, Exile."

wiping the food off her mouth. She was stunned. HAHA.

That pancake wrap thing looks yummie, by the way.

I wonder what they were talking about, he looked uncomfortable and kept trying to avoid the question.

These two are adorable.

Yeah, he was guiding her through the dark, so she wouldn't fall again.

Re: the second scene, Beo Jin said everyone was saying that he saved her...wanting to know if it was true, and he was uncomfortable but didn't answer.

This is such a cute, fun show.

It's also interesting in its political setting. I wasn't expecting the crazy old man to be the deposed king.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest avonmarissa

hjkomo, same here; I was quite surprised to see that the seemingly crazy old man is the deposed Gwanhaegun. Interesting twist to the plot - can't wait for tomorrow's episode.

These two are adorable.

Yeah, he was guiding her through the dark, so she wouldn't fall again.

Re: the second scene, Beo Jin said everyone was saying that he saved her...wanting to know if it was true, and he was uncomfortable but didn't answer.

This is such a cute, fun show.

It's also interesting in its political setting. I wasn't expecting the crazy old man to be the deposed king.

I thought the crazy old man was an undercover spy and just pretending to be crazy. And, it seems like Park Gyu is not simply someone that has been exiled. I wonder if being an exile is just the cover story for a secret mission.

As hjkomo said, this is a cute and fun drama. :D

I just watched the first ep, and ggaaahh! I'm in love with this drama! hahaha :D

This is very unique and the effects are really good!

And the eyecandyyyy~ <3 haha!

I wonder why only a few Soompiers watch this O_O

This is a really nice drama ^O^ <3

And lol @ the "virgin/me too" conversation XD

I recommend this drama to everyone :D

*off to watch ep2*

Just watched 4 episodes in one day o___o and I'm starting to love it. But I can say... the story is not really, going anywhere? The only thing I assume is left, is that Exiler needs to fall in love with BJ and then William goes back..? If that's it, then the story is kind of dull. But overall I think this drama is sooooo cute haha, but one thing that bothers me, William's extensions, you see him with shorter hair one day and way longer hair afterwards. And question is that little boy that came out of nowhere recently (kid who claims he's a sailor), the same Eun Woo kid from Shining Inheritance? I heard he was, but those two look nothing alike...?

Guest lucky_moon

Ep5 was good it was more BJ & the exile scenes, there wasn't mush of BJ & William together.

What exactly happening on the island with all the robbery? that grandfather secrets begin to reveal & maybe later he'll be the one to help William & Yan..

I'm so anticipating Ep6 :)when the diving women find out about William & Yan, could it be now those young diving ladies going to battle with BJ over William :D, they already now hating her for being around the exile :P

Guest charis89

Boo, can the love triangle "William-Beojin-ParkKyu" be ever more tangled?

Things I feel after watching tonight's episode/Spoilers

- Beojin's a crybaby, I feel sad seeing her round eyes brimmed with tears.

- I was a little adamant that Beojin still chooses to leave when Park Kyu already asked her not to.

- Park Kyu should have chased after Beojin, no matter what. (Why let her go?!?) he should have dragged her like what he did in the temple/ancestral hall (i'm not too sure).

- William shouldn't have asked Beojin to leave with him. See what happens... Make her so miserable. :( And he didn't get to leave too.

- Park Kyu seemed to recover faster than the boy, who got spanked too. Otherwise, he must be putting up a show in front of Beojin. Haha.

- I'm thinking Yan will come back and rescue William. He would right, after the "backstabbing". It seems that way to me, saving your own neck while abandoning your own friend. That's so bad. Then again, one gets caught is better than two. He can go and think of a rescue plan too.

today's episode makes me like Park Kyu more, especially when his servant described Park Kyu until like he is some legendary skilled swordman in the court. I wonder if it's real. He seems too refined. Maybe it is, that's why Park Kyu's able to hurt the man-in-black so badly with just his small dagger. :P

And the preview can't ever be more interesting with the love triangle. Unless my eyes are playing tricks on me, I think Park Kyu stole a kiss from / kissed Beojin in the dark. !!! I don't think I would ever miss next week's. of course, there is still William in the picture, now that the villagers already found out about his existence. But I'm wishing to see a little more development between Park Kyu and Beojin. Hopefully Beojin will come to realize she actually likes the "exile" more.

Just a wishful thinking. :D

Boo, can the love triangle "William-Beojin-ParkKyu" be ever more tangled?

Things I feel after watching tonight's episode/Spoilers

- Beojin's a crybaby, I feel sad seeing her round eyes brimmed with tears.

- I was a little adamant that Beojin still chooses to leave when Park Kyu already asked her not to.

- Park Kyu should have chased after Beojin, no matter what. (Why let her go?!?) he should have dragged her like what he did in the temple/ancestral hall (i'm not too sure).

- William shouldn't have asked Beojin to leave with him. See what happens... Make her so miserable. :( And he didn't get to leave too.

- Park Kyu seemed to recover faster than the boy, who got spanked too. Otherwise, he must be putting up a show in front of Beojin. Haha.

- I'm thinking Yan will come back and rescue William. He would right, after the "backstabbing". It seems that way to me, saving your own neck while abandoning your own friend. That's so bad. Then again, one gets caught is better than two. He can go and think of a rescue plan too.

today's episode makes me like Park Kyu more, especially when his servant described Park Kyu until like he is some legendary skilled swordman in the court. I wonder if it's real. He seems too refined. Maybe it is, that's why Park Kyu's able to hurt the man-in-black so badly with just his small dagger. :P

And the preview can't ever be more interesting with the love triangle. Unless my eyes are playing tricks on me, I think Park Kyu stole a kiss from / kissed Beojin in the dark. !!! I don't think I would ever miss next week's. of course, there is still William in the picture, now that the villagers already found out about his existence. But I'm wishing to see a little more development between Park Kyu and Beojin. Hopefully Beojin will come to realize she actually likes the "exile" more.

Just a wishful thinking. :D

I like spoilers, thanks charis.

Love triangle? Interesting, can't wait.

Episode 6 is up for online

streaming

OMG! What happen to Park Kyu?? I can`t wait to see eps.6!!

Mmhh..it seems BJ really love/like William that much...Oh Park Kyu,,,being mean to her not helping at all to win her...But i see many people here really like Park Kyu (including me!),,,,aja aja fighting, Park Kyu!! :D I also think he come to Jeju/Tamra to investigate something (wouldn`t it be interesting if it turn out the undercover police is him?!)..

Of all the drama currently shown in Korea, i find this one `s unique and interesting...also hillarious!

Guest Masaya

I'm taking a liking in this series. It's the typical reverse harem type but is cute nevertheless. My main interest is the development of the relationship between Park Gyu and Beo Jin (which seems to be the main stretch of the series.) Their relationship is much more interesting and sweeter than William and Beo Jin. William and Beo Jin are drawn together because they're alike. They're both simple people that the audience can see through easily. There isn't much to wonder about William or Beo Jin. They fit together like 2 left gloves. Park Gyu on the other hand stirs intrigue. He's certainly modeled as our main hero here, handsome, tall, intelligent, has martial arts, hides a myserious identity, and on the side possesses some weird quirks. He's a kind man that likes to act tough, loves the girl but wouldn't admit it, shows affections by actions more than words. (It's rather romantic.) Yes, give me that look of angst when you eye her secretly hun. The relationship between William and Beo Jin starts out and progresses quickly. It feels like fireworks. It sparks brightly at the moment but it also dies quickly. Both find each other through the act of running away from something in their life that they don't want to get involved with. A person from outside of their worlds relaxes their mind and let them forget what they ran away from. The relationship between Park Gyu and Beo Jin on the other started out with misunderstandings and deepens through trials of hardship. The emotions simmers slowly through time. It seeps into the vein and flows into the bloodstream. It came into existence without the owner knowing about it until when they come to a realization, the poison has already penetrated deeply into the heart. That is the kind of romantic development we often fantasize about. That's what stories are made of. And that's what I like. :D

Mmhh..it seems BJ really love/like William that much...Oh Park Kyu,,,being mean to her not helping at all to win her...But i see many people here really like Park Kyu (including me!),,,,aja aja fighting, Park Kyu!! :D I also think he come to Jeju/Tamra to investigate something (wouldn`t it be interesting if it turn out the undercover police is him?!)..

At first, I thought so too but he is not..Park Kyu is a prince, place in exile for reasons never disclose in the manhwa. you can read about it here.

William & BJ are cute, Park Kyu and BJ are so much better and more hilarious.

I'm definitely a Park Kyu and BJ shipper.

Archived