[drama 2009] Tamra, The Island - 탐나는 도다

Guest kangki

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i'm really loving this drama. the first episode was not so good, but it really caught my attention towards the end. i would recommend this to everyone and don't be put off by the time period it is set in because that is what almost caused me to not watch this lol (i hate historical dramas). enjoying every minute of it so far!

Guest xayapenn

This drama is so funny and cute. Just finished watching ep 4. So why hasn't Yan told William that the so called "treasure" is a chamber pot? <_< Wonder who's going to end up with Beo Jin? Park Kyu is starting to show feelings for her but the Beo Jin and William pairing is so adorable. :wub:

Guest lucky_moon

Ep3 was funny specially when BJ introduced the exile to William, his name is Park Gyu, but William was saying F**k you :lol: & he was laughing too :D, it was funny Ep but also waht William & PG did to help BJ was really nice, but wonder who is the female who seems so firm, I think she is the one controlling the robbery gang who steal from the commoner on the island but why they are doing this? :huh:

Will watch Ep4 tonight :)

Guest skymania

i really love this drama...beo jin is so sweet... :D

park gyu already fall in love with beo jin... ^_^

but i love william n beo jin.. :wub:

Guest goodnessgracious

I like this drama a lot :) . It feels a bit underrated here on soompi. There are no big-name actors involved in the production, so I guess that's the reason. The acting is pretty solid, definitely better than in some other dramas. The guy who plays William is not that good, but I feel that he is getting better. He sounds more natural speaking Korean than English.

The main characters are all very cute. Park Gyu is my favourite. Isn't he just absolutely hilarious :lol: ? I know that William is supposed to be Beo Jin's love interest, but so far it is more interesting to observe her communication with Park Gyu.

Guest funkindagirl

For me this drama is going from strength to strength...Ep 3 & 4 were so exciting.

There were so many great moments:

- William thinking Park Gyu's name was F**k u

- When William and PG each grabbed Beo Jin's arm...omo!

Both guys are really endearing, you can see PG slowly caring for BJ and her family, even developing feelings for her and they have such a funny relationship sometimes.

Yet BJ & William have a cute thing going on, and I can feel their chemistry together.

But I did feel a little pang of sadness for PG when she pulled away from him, despite disliking his arrogant attitude in the first 2 eps, he's seems so much nicer now.

- I cant get enough of the beautiful cinematography, scenery and music. It was stunning when they were diving for abalones, especially at night with the little night light they were holding.

- And another great scene when PG stuck up for BJ and 'helped' her dad and then BJ's mother poured him a drink and no words were needed for us to know this hard woman was expressing her thanks and gratitude to PG and was her way of showing he was accepted into the family.That brought a smile to my face.

-HAHA hilarious moment where PG asks William where Yan is and he answers in english...LOL and PG's facial expression....because he didnt understand a word he said but acts like he does.

Cant wait for next week!

wonder who is the female who seems so firm, I think she is the one controlling the robbery gang who steal from the commoner on the island but why they are doing this? :huh:

She's the head of that merchant group isnt she? But yeah it seems to be they're the ones stealing the tributes. Although its really mysterious because she then sends that guy to Jeju who proclaims himself to be 'covert police'

I like this drama a lot :) . It feels a bit underrated here on soompi. There are no big-name actors involved in the production, so I guess that's the reason. The acting is pretty solid, definitely better than in some other dramas. The guy who plays William is not that good, but I feel that he is getting better. He sounds more natural speaking Korean than English.

The main characters are all very cute. Park Gyu is my favourite. Isn't he just absolutely hilarious :lol: ? I know that William is supposed to be Beo Jin's love interest, but so far it is more interesting to observe her communication with Park Gyu.

Yeah I agree, he's a lot more natural in Korean but then thats expected as he's spent nearly his whole life in Korea and english isnt his 1st or 2nd language.

But I think its a bit unconvincing that William is learning korean so quickly even though we were told in the 1st ep he has a talent for languages. Like, you'd expect his sentences to be disjointed etc but he can say full sentences in the correct order.

Haha and PG is so funny round BJ. But then I think both guys are great for BJ so I dont want to have to see her eventually pick between them

This drama is so much fun and so enjoyable. I love all the sweet moments by each character. :lol:

The writers are certainly having fun with the language and name misunderstandings. Virgin, Me too, F*k you, William Spencer and now, we've got Phil Lip. It's hilarious how they are making use of the names of the British Royal Family. :lol:

Overall, the acting by everyone has been good. But, the acting by "The Exile" has been great.

There are so many beautiful scenes; especially of the underwater, the sunrise and the moonlit evenings. And, the soundtrack is also great.

I'm looking forward to the rest of the episodes. :D

Guest lucky_moon

Finished Ep4, the more I watch the more I fall in love with the drama, was waiting for such a great drama too long :)

Exile & William fighting over the chamber pot :D, these two are too hilarious whenever William speak; exile face looks like :huh:, The young kid who appear on Ep4, he's actually BJ fiance :P now three men fall in love with BJ, Exile, William & Phillip, it seems BJ younger sister like him too from her facial expression when she was feeding him.

the mystery woman behind the island robbery is still not much revealed about her :mellow:

Next week Ep the jealousy battle will start between William & exile B)

Same here. I was reading the recap of the first episode on Dramabeans and I said "why not?" while I had absolutely no one interest or whatsoever in this drama. Then, I watched episode 2 just after the first episode. It's funny, entertaining and Seo Woo is amazing, she truly deserves the "rookie" awards she won last year for her role in Crush and Blush. Plus I love her voice :wub:.

I've been looking for "Crush and Blush," but so far no luck.

Anyone know the title in Korean?

Thanks.

Guest Shin Bi

I've been looking for "Crush and Blush," but so far no luck.

Anyone know the title in Korean?

Thanks.

the movie has two english titles : "Crush & Blush" and "Miss Carrot"

which is the translation of the korean title "미쓰 홍당무"

you can find the MU links @ lets-look.com

the link of the forum is in my signature, you must register to be able to download though.

mmh, I also read the recap on dramabeans and I found it quite interesting,

I think I'll give a try to this drama ^^*

just finished watching episode 4..

omo..i`m addicted to this drama now..

all the cast look so natural in their acting..even they are still new but i dont see any weirdness here..

hope the rating will increase more..but if it doesnt..i dont care.i still keep watching this drama..:-))

Plus I love her voice :wub: .

Really? I can't stand it. I think it's because Seo Woo reminds me of Rainie Yang (I hate her, too), trying to overdo the cutesy aspect. She's cute, though.

i'm really loving this drama. the first episode was not so good, but it really caught my attention towards the end. i would recommend this to everyone and don't be put off by the time period it is set in because that is what almost caused me to not watch this lol (i hate historical dramas). enjoying every minute of it so far!

I hardly think that this qualifies as a "historical" drama. It's based on a manhwa that happens to be set in the 17th century, and will probably focus on the romantic escapades of the main character more than anything else. The drama manages to maintain a "barely there" connection to politics. I mean, this is shojo manga we're talking about. It's target audience is the young girl typically, and as such, the drama will more than likely focus more on the relationships than anything historically relevant. I'm surprised we got shots of Han Yang at all.

I cant get enough of the beautiful cinematography, scenery and music. It was stunning when they were diving for abalones, especially at night with the little night light they were holding.

The cinematography is beautiful, I agree. But the CG fireflies in the night diving scene was a bit much for me. Instead of being labeled a period drama, it should be labeled as shojo, so people can expect it to be unrealistic. :rolleyes:

But I think its a bit unconvincing that William is learning korean so quickly even though we were told in the 1st ep he has a talent for languages. Like, you'd expect his sentences to be disjointed etc but he can say full sentences in the correct order.

I noticed that, too! XD That's what happens when you already know a language. When acting, you want to express that you're learning, but don't want it to seem like you're purposely failing a lot to get this across to your audience. It's a very difficult balance to find.

Haha and PG is so funny round BJ. But then I think both guys are great for BJ so I dont want to have to see her eventually pick between them

I love Im Ju Hwan (Park Kyu), but my love of multicultural couples is stronger! ;) Even if I can't stand Beo Jin, I still want her to pick William~!!

Guest goodnessgracious

Really? I can't stand it. I think it's because Seo Woo reminds me of Rainie Yang (I hate her, too), trying to overdo the cutesy aspect. She's cute, though.

You really think so? I personally can't stand Rainy Yang because of her total lack of acting skills, but Soo Woo is a different matter. She is cute, but her cuteness and her acting is natural.

Archived