[drama 2009] Tamra, The Island - 탐나는 도다

Guest kangki

@ksushi: Filming techniques~ Now that's just awesome. I knew there was something fishy about the landscape...:lol: but I totally fell for it! ^^ It's really cool how they just fixed the lighting and added a few more things into scenes. I wish I can do that. ;) Thanks for sharing that~ I wonder what else they can do..... btw, the ship scene really reminded me of Pirates of the Caribbean; i loved that movie though all 3 of them. I have my own collection. ^^

@charis89: You should make an MV when more episodes come out! I'll be rooting for you. I'm sure the OST will be out soon, so you can pick another sad song to do. I feel like the more the better! :)

@Shinobu: Your welcome. ^^ I'll be stalking that thread for a while :lol:

@ringosan: Hello! I'm glad you decided to join. :lol: It's great to have some viewers come and talk about the drama here. ^^ At least there's something to rant about right? And were always hoping there aren't any cuts.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest ringosan

Tamna (Tamra) Poster ^^ It took long trying to merge the pictures together. ;)

not the best, but I'll try to improve my skills....

tamraposter.jpg

galygal:the poster u did is quite nice,but a little too bright,i guess? But keep up the good work! ;)

@atel Nice pictures. Thanks.

They were from interviews given on the leads by Movieweek 2009.08.18

http://www.movieweek.co.kr/article/article...contcode=020401

I tried to translate from the Chinese version for a little highlight. My bad if it is off. Please refer original articles in Movieweek for details.

Credit: xuhanlili’s from Krdama.

Seou

She was hydrophobia. She does not like swimming, hates bath and takes only showers. She feels blessed in taking up this important role as Beojin, a diver in Tamra, which requires a lot of water scenes. (ironic?)

Im Ju-hwan

He was an impatient person. He is really into his role of Park kyu that he starts to act like him and talks in his calm tone. It scares him when he even walks like him with his hand in the back while not in filming.

Pierre Deporte

He learned Korean and its culture from his step mom. The article covered his background information and how it led him into getting the role of William when he just finished his college in France. He likes Pusan and tasty raw fish.

@ksushi

Im Ju-hwan

He was an impatient person. He is really into his role of Park kyu that he starts to act like him and talks in his calm tone. It scares him when he even walks like him with his hand in the back while not in filming.

:lol: I guess that`s way his acting so superb! He`s living in it...He already has my heart! :D

Btw, when i saw Movie Recap Frozen Flower at dramabeans, i found this!!

ff006.jpg

OMG, he`s playing in this movie also...Firstly, i don`t really have interest in the movie because of the adult content in it, but i guess i try to watch it just for him. :P

Guest Masaya

At the end of episode 6 (which I just recently watched in En), Beo Jin's mom was contemplating on marrying Beo Jin off to Park Kyu. But I thought she has a fiance' (which is the shrimp guy?) No? (I mean I'm totally for Beo Jin taking responsibility for whatever "she did" to Park Kyu and everything. ;) )

Im not sure if I posted here already, but I just wanna join [rejoin?] all the fun in watching this series. personally, it's a good one. quite impressive considering it's from Group Eight. then again, I've seen a trend in them that their "products" seem to degrade the longer it goes on. [eg. Goong S and BOF. cant really consider Goong since that's a joint project with Eight Peeks, is it not?]

but anyhoo, I jst wanted to echo sentiments regarding IJH's character Park Kyu. i'm not shocked most ppl here prefer him. He's a wonderful character, meticulous and interesting. When I saw the synopsis for the drama, I was surprised since it stars a foreigner. but, should I really consider William as more of a main lead than Park Kyu? I mean, it's the impression I'm getting from the manhwa covers alone?

I just dont see William as the "main" male lead. i'm not sure if it's the actor's potrayal but the character is so bland. it's so lacking, except the eye-candy face and sweet personality. But, that's about it. he's not just someone who will catch your attention at all.

At the end of episode 6 (which I just recently watched in En), Beo Jin's mom was contemplating on marrying Beo Jin off to Park Kyu. But I thought she has a fiance' (which is the shrimp guy?) No? (I mean I'm totally for Beo Jin taking responsibility for whatever "she did" to Park Kyu and everything. ;) )

I think Philip only considers himself BeoJin's fiance in his mind only... lol. that's how I interpreted the whole scene between them. kinda like a passing comment, half-truth half-lie. lol

mbc preview on epi 7 and 8

official link

It would be lovely if someone can spare us some details on the coming episodes other than the two kisses. Thanks.

8회 2009-08-30

“니 진짜 귀양다리 맞나? 니 탐라에 왜 온거라?

탐라에서 니 일만 보고 다시 돌아갈 사람 아니라?”

이방과 손잡은 박규는 함께 제사장을 추적해 나가고, 버진은 그런 박규가 어쩌면 진

짜 귀양다리가 아닐지도 모른다고 의심한다.

끝분이 난바르에서 건져 온 커피를 받아 볶고 있는 버진과 윌리엄을 본 제사장은, 커

피를 빌미로 진상품 이송날에 맞추어 일부러 마을잔치를 열어 주민들의 시선을 돌려

놓고, 뒤로 진상품을 빼돌릴 계획을 세운다. 커피 잔치를 마치고 함께 돌아가던 버진

과 윌리엄은 우연히 제사장 수하인 향돌에게 쫓기던 이방이 죽임을 당하는 장면을

목전에서 목격하게 되고, 향돌에게 붙잡혀 제사장 기지에 감금당하게 된다. 버진과

윌리엄이 함께 사라진걸 알게 된 박규는 버진의 신변에 위협이 있음을 감지하고 마

음이 조급해지는데...

7회 2009-08-29

“이제꼬지 아무 구실도 낙도 없이 살았는디 일리암이 처음으로 나를 기쁘게 해 줬나

네.”

버진은 윌리엄을 보기 위해 제사장 집에 드나들고, 박규는 그런 버진이 못마땅하다.

박규는 버진에게 다신 무모하게 탐라를 떠날 생각 하지 말라 타이르고, 버진은 윌리

엄이 가는 곳이라면 어디든지 자신도 따라갈 수 있다고 말해 박규의 마음을 아프게

한다. 문득 버진은 박규가 전날 자신에게 했던 말이 떠오르고, 왜 자신이 떠나는 게

싫다고 했냐고 묻는 버진의 질문에 박규는 당황해서 대충 둘러댄다. 얀은 제사장에

게 윌리엄을 풀어주는 대가로 동인도회사와의 거래를 터주기로 약속하고, 한양의 서

린은 제주에 귀양 온 박규라는 자의 움직임이 수상하다는 보고를 받고, 박규 주변에

의도적으로 접근한다.

한편 위리안치가 풀린 박규는 본격 수사에 돌입하고, 제사장에 대한 수상한 낌새를

감지하고는 야심한 밤 제사장 집에 잠입했다가 윌리엄을 보러 왔던 버진과 마주치

게 되는데...

Guest Masaya

Im not sure if I posted here already, but I just wanna join [rejoin?] all the fun in watching this series. personally, it's a good one. quite impressive considering it's from Group Eight. then again, I've seen a trend in them that their "products" seem to degrade the longer it goes on. [eg. Goong S and BOF. cant really consider Goong since that's a joint project with Eight Peeks, is it not?]

but anyhoo, I jst wanted to echo sentiments regarding IJH's character Park Kyu. i'm not shocked most ppl here prefer him. He's a wonderful character, meticulous and interesting. When I saw the synopsis for the drama, I was surprised since it stars a foreigner. but, should I really consider William as more of a main lead than Park Kyu? I mean, it's the impression I'm getting from the manhwa covers alone?

I just dont see William as the "main" male lead. i'm not sure if it's the actor's potrayal but the character is so bland. it's so lacking, except the eye-candy face and sweet personality. But, that's about it. he's not just someone who will catch your attention at all.

I think Philip only considers himself BeoJin's fiance in his mind only... lol. that's how I interpreted the whole scene between them. kinda like a passing comment, half-truth half-lie. lol

The manhwa covers probably are as confusing if you look at Hanasakeru Seishounen (with so many possible candidates for the main girl which is common in reverse harem theme) but the true hero prevails. From the way I see it, Park Kyu is the main guy in here. I mean the author makes fun of both Park Kyu and William but William just has it bad. He's not the sharpest knife in the drawer and his character is so bleh. (I truly fail to find his appeal.)

Guest ringosan

this is getting fun..while waiting for the next episodes..i can't choose who i want beo jin to be with..because i'll be disappointed if it turn the other way round (hahaha..i guess i watch too much drama with 2guys n 1 girl and the end there will be only one)..but could things be like beo jin didnt choose those 2men? hahhaha but that will be even more disappointing isnt it?

-->ksushi i dont understand korean but i used google translate (the translation was weird though :P )and seems that the next 2episodes will exposed william to other people..??

Guest Maiself

About the CG for this drama, I just love it. The CG gives this drama a fantasy-like feeling. Watching those beautiful scenes makes me feel like in a Disney movie :wub:

Agree with the statement that this drama is avant-garde for Korean audience. They are not ready to watch or accept mixed-racial relationship on screen :sweatingbullets: Now they can only accept a half-Korean daughter-in-law like "Golden Bride". I don't think they are racist or shallow-minded. It's just too early for the mass.

for some info about Parkgyu... this is about his character when i did a article about him (in soompi's Im Juhwan thread)...unless the korean article was all wrong (hahaha...?) >.< i'm so bad i haven't even checked out the mbc official website.

he's a Joseon scholar sent by the King as a secret royal investigator to investigate things that's happening in Jeju Island. however most people think he's sent there to serve in exile/punishment for harassing women on the mainland (i guess during the ultra-conservative Joseon era that's a big no-no... i mean i'm not sure how bad his 'harassment' was, but his punishment isn't because it was a case of light flirting). so basically, due to his cover the Jeju-do people think he's some playboy/womanizing scholar.

Guest Masaya

Well from the beginning of the drama although it was said that he was punished for flirting with married women but if the crime was valid at all, it was clearly that they were throwing themselves at him and he got blamed for it. The guy claimed he has standards. :P

The servant did mention in ep 6 that he passed the exam with highest score or whatever (so that kind of reminds me of Sir Ming from DJG.) So his position is kind of like that I guess.

Well from the beginning of the drama although it was said that he was punished for flirting with married women but if the crime was valid at all, it was clearly that they were throwing themselves at him and he got blamed for it. The guy claimed he has standards. :P

The servant did mention in ep 6 that he passed the exam with highest score or whatever (so that kind of reminds me of Sir Ming from DJG.) So his position is kind of like that I guess.

^ LOL got a little skittish... yup it's a rehash of what was kinda of mentioned in the drama.

yeah... in Joseon era, the #1 person on the Civil Service Examination gets usually appointed by the King to carry out a special task.

what's to come?.... ^_^

tamra.jpg

Archived