[drama 2009] Tamra, The Island - 탐나는 도다

Guest kangki

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest majata

Gosh, am I late in this thread. I'm now downloading the first 4 episodes. I was hesitating at first to watch this drama because I'm not sure there'll be English subs. Thanks for the English subs. Now I can enjoy and understand the episodes. :D

Hi everyone! At first, i thought this drama is not even interesting enough to watch, but Javabean changed my mind, turn out it`s very hilarious!! I also like both of the men, but my favorite is Park Gyu! He`s so amusing...I think Im Ju Hwan`s more handsome with traditional hair :D Btw...i think the one whom Phi Lip said to be his fiance is BJ`s sister, but people think it was BJ,haha... :D BJ`s little sister is more elegant than her sister, at first i thought she was PG sister, because her hairdo is like noble girl.

Guest hjkomo

Hi everyone! At first, i thought this drama is not even interesting enough to watch, but Javabean changed my mind, turn out it`s very hilarious!! I also like both of the men, but my favorite is Park Gyu! He`s so amusing...I think Im Ju Hwan`s more handsome with traditional hair :D Btw...i think the one whom Phi Lip said to be his fiance is BJ`s sister, but people think it was BJ,haha... :D BJ`s little sister is more elegant than her sister, at first i thought she was PG sister, because her hairdo is like noble girl.

No one is Philip's fiancée. He likes Beo Jin, but it seems like the little girl likes him. But what's her deal? I don't think she's BJ's real sister...because she's literate and dresses more like a noble. Perhaps, she's another exile 'adopted' by BJ's family.

She is adorable, though.

tamrae04090816hdtvxvide.jpgtamrae04090816hdtvxvidek.jpg

Guest lucky_moon

Is it just me or the sub to 1 and 2 aren't that in sync with the ental version at Aja Aja

It works fine to me with the one I downloaded from the torrent.

btw, luv Aum & Aff on ur siggy :D

No one is Philip's fiancée. He likes Beo Jin, but it seems like the little girl likes him. But what's her deal? I don't think she's BJ's real sister...because she's literate and dresses more like a noble. Perhaps, she's another exile 'adopted' by BJ's family.

She is adorable, though.

http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/2042/tamr...16hdtvxvide.jpg

http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/5691/tamr...6hdtvxvidek.jpg

so no one is Phillip fiance, thought he's BJ fiance when he gave her the lipstick & the mirror :D but ti seems the little girl like him from her way looking at him, about the exile thing for the nobles, how long usually it takes? :huh:

Guest asadal

She is adorable, though.

Whoa, I never thought about that! If I hadn't read Beo Seol's character bio, I could've really believed that she was an adopted noble from the mainland!

She's so cute. If I was the guard, I would've hugged her right then and there.

Guest hjkomo

Whoa, I never thought about that! If I hadn't read Beo Seol's character bio, I could've really believed that she was an adopted noble from the mainland!

Oops, I guess I should've read the bio first. :blush: She must've been drawing (rather than writing).

but doesn't she seem more refined than an island girl? and shouldn't she be learning how to dive (the basics, at least)?

so no one is Phillip fiance, thought he's BJ fiance when he gave her the lipstick & the mirror :D but ti seems the little girl like him from her way looking at him, about the exile thing for the nobles, how long usually it takes? :huh:

He called BJ his fiancée but was scolded by her for messing around (talking nonsense) again.

Being exiled is indefinite, I think. You're there until you're allowed back.

wow. just finished the first 4 episodes. this drama is so cute and good. how is it doing in ratings? anyway, its very different then the other dramas i have seen. It totally reminds me of pocahontas. so i wonder who she is going to end up with. i think she'll eng up with PG (exile) because they totally have that bickering thing going on where they hate each other but then slowly fall in love with each other. the normal k-drama scenario. i think with william since the realtionship has sort of started already, viewers won't want to watch that for then entire 20 episodes. so i think it'll be PG that she'll be with. at first i didn't like him but he has his gentle side. and he is totally already falling in love with her. my heart breaks for him. anyway i wonder how the second lead girl will play into this. is she an ex-lover of PG or what. shes kind of a richard simmons if you ask me, but that is typical of the second female. but they tend to not start out that way. anyway can't wait for next weekend.

No one is Philip's fiancée. He likes Beo Jin, but it seems like the little girl likes him.

http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/2042/tamr...16hdtvxvide.jpg

http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/5691/tamr...6hdtvxvidek.jpg[

I know, the little girl does seem like she's habors a crush of Philip. ^^ cute already isn't it!

I think the little girl's adorable as well ;)

you guys should really try reading the manhwa. ;)

Guest funkindagirl

The cinematography is beautiful, I agree. But the CG fireflies in the night diving scene was a bit much for me. Instead of being labeled a period drama, it should be labeled as shojo, so people can expect it to be unrealistic. :rolleyes:

I noticed that, too! XD That's what happens when you already know a language. When acting, you want to express that you're learning, but don't want it to seem like you're purposely failing a lot to get this across to your audience. It's a very difficult balance to find.

I love Im Ju Hwan (Park Kyu), but my love of multicultural couples is stronger! ;) Even if I can't stand Beo Jin, I still want her to pick William~!!

Haha I loved the fireflies, it was OTT but I found it really funny and cute at the same time because it just lacked realism.

This kinda reminds me of Hong Gil Dong though, Its a saeguk type drama because the basics of Jeju life are historical yet its whacky and weird at the same time.

Haha, I love BJ but I get that sometimes she can be 'cutesy annoying' and with her crying and all. Yeah I THINK I want her to pick William too but as I see PG changing he's growing on me so much that I dont want him to be the reject. lol

Although if I had to pick my ending, BJ would finally escape Tamra and flee to England with William....and maybe take PG too....hehe..... :D

He called BJ his fiancée but was scolded by her for messing around (talking nonsense) again.

Being exiled is indefinite, I think. You're there until you're allowed back.

I kinda thought that it was implied that the fiance was 'accepted' as being the one for BJ...but the parents just scold him in a playful manner...

And the parents definitely know he's fond of her so I dont think they have any objections to the union if it were to happen.

wow. just finished the first 4 episodes. this drama is so cute and good. how is it doing in ratings? anyway, its very different then the other dramas i have seen. It totally reminds me of pocahontas. so i wonder who she is going to end up with. i think she'll eng up with PG (exile) because they totally have that bickering thing going on where they hate each other but then slowly fall in love with each other. the normal k-drama scenario. i think with william since the realtionship has sort of started already, viewers won't want to watch that for then entire 20 episodes. so i think it'll be PG that she'll be with. at first i didn't like him but he has his gentle side. and he is totally already falling in love with her. my heart breaks for him. anyway i wonder how the second lead girl will play into this. is she an ex-lover of PG or what. shes kind of a richard simmons if you ask me, but that is typical of the second female. but they tend to not start out that way. anyway can't wait for next weekend.

The ratings are stuck around the 5%-6% which is a shame, not enough people are giving this a try to see how good it is.

haha and I so used to love pocahontas as a kid!

BJ could end up with PG but I think her relationship still has a long way to go with William...they have so many obstacles to overcome that could play out over 20eps. Like William getting the acceptance of the Tamra community, getting back to England but the problem of helping BJ escape with him.

But then Im unsure really how the events will play out as I havent read the manhwa. As she gets closer to PG she could come to accept her place in Tamra or even go to HanYang (Seoul) with him after his exile. I think there's many possibilities in this drama which is why I like it so much because I dont think everything is clearcut.

Although if the PD is trying to cater to the korean audience they may not be satisfied with BJ choosing to leave her homeland to run away with a foreigner. HAHA

Guest asadal

^It seems all the dramas this season are suffering because of the ratings giant Queen Seon-deok stealing all the viewers. I could really see this gaining 20% since it obviously caters to young girls, but as long Queen Seon-deok is airing, a lot of these new shows won't probably ever get close to the 10% mark. Possibly the reason why Triple and many other quality shows were left unwatched. Argh! Curse you sageuks!

Gawd I love Triple...

but doesn't she seem more refined than an island girl? and shouldn't she be learning how to dive (the basics, at least)?

Definitely. Which is why that scenario still seems plausible (I haven't read the manhwa but don't spoil it please!). The way she spoke to her mother in the first episode had a kind of yangban-wisdom quality to it.

Guest michireicute

i watched the 4 episodes and i could say, it's my newest FAVORITE! i really love the characters and the how the story goes. thank god, i have something to watch now. i've been waiting for a beautiful drama to be aired.

by the way, at the 15 minute preview of the drama, what english song was that being played at around 2:45, i really wanted to know. :blink:

the lyrics goes something like:

when the path was dark i could see sparks,

as you sends rays to my heart (?)

will dry your tears,

share your fears.

please someone tell me...

thanks.

Love the love triangle that's brewing now. :P

Guest funkindagirl

^It seems all the dramas this season are suffering because of the ratings giant Queen Seon-deok stealing all the viewers. I could really see this gaining 20% since it obviously caters to young girls, but as long Queen Seon-deok is airing, a lot of these new shows won't probably ever get close to the 10% mark. Possibly the reason why Triple and many other quality shows were left unwatched. Argh! Curse you sageuks!

Gawd I love Triple...

I dont think its got much to do with Queen Seon Deok. They don't even air on the same day. Only Dream and Hometown Legends and any other Monday/Tuesday drama will suffer as they're directly competing in the same time slot whereas Tamra is on the weekend.

There are dramas that have been doing well too. For example, Swallow the Sun and Style have been doing very well. Not to mention Brilliant Legacy aired when Queen Seon Deok was on and BL broke 40%. And Yoon Eun Hye's new drama MAY become a hit like Coffee Prince as there's been a huge response so far with many anticipating her comeback.

Dramas that arent doing well are because they dont cater to many people's tastes or they just arent very good storywise etc

I dont think you can blame any other dramas for Triple's failure. Triple was just allround bad. And it didnt even have any heavy competition during its run.

Guest charis89

Really? I can't stand it. I think it's because Seo Woo reminds me of Rainie Yang (I hate her, too), trying to overdo the cutesy aspect. She's cute, though.

I love Im Ju Hwan (Park Kyu), but my love of multicultural couples is stronger! Even if I can't stand Beo Jin, I still want her to pick William~!!

I don't like those act-cute voice that made me want to smack her too. I don't like Rainie Yang either, especially the drama she did with Wilbur Pan. It's a pain for me just listening to her speak. But then Seo Woo is fine. I still can accept even when she overdoes her cuteness. Anyway, that's not the main point. Three episodes now, I thought Seo Woo resembles Ariel Lin a lot. Anyone feel the same way? The two of them always give me a bright cheery vibe when I see them on screen and they both won awards for acting before. Talented young women, I would say.

2wdbj0j.jpg6o1rwj.jpg

If you don't know who Ariel is, the second photo is her.

By the way, I like Park Kyu more now! Especially his hrmmp and ahem-ahem. He's so man! I know I said William and Beojin look nice as a couple. But now, I have a feeling the scriptwriter would put Beojin and Park Kyu together. Does it happen that way in the manga?

I dont think its got much to do with Queen Seon Deok. They don't even air on the same day. Only Dream and Hometown Legends and any other Monday/Tuesday drama will suffer as they're directly competing in the same time slot whereas Tamra is on the weekend.

There are dramas that have been doing well too. For example, Swallow the Sun and Style have been doing very well. Not to mention Brilliant Legacy aired when Queen Seon Deok was on and BL broke 40%. And Yoon Eun Hye's new drama MAY become a hit like Coffee Prince as there's been a huge response so far with many anticipating her comeback.

Dramas that arent doing well are because they dont cater to many people's tastes or they just arent very good storywise etc

I dont think you can blame any other dramas for Triple's failure. Triple was just allround bad. And it didnt even have any heavy competition during its run.

Funkindagirl, you basically said what's on my mind. :rolleyes: I think Asadal, you have a great bias against Queen Seonduk. The dramas you quote, including Tamra were a different timeslot from QS. Besides, there must be reasons for Triple and other quality shows to not able garner enough viewership. For instance, the story can be unappealing. I believe, storyline is more important than the cast the producers use. They can use all the big cast, but if the plot is boring and repetitive, audience would simply tune out.

Second, I think Tamra faces a tough competitor in her slot - Sol's pharmacy. Like Tamra, it is also a light-hearted show and the storyline is pretty interesting. But like Queen Seonduk, it is also a long drama series. They would have already attracted a group of regular viewers from the start. Mind you, this group will increase if they find the show nice. And it's not very comforting to switch channels when you are halfway through one drama. Thus, for Tamra to compete against one that had shown 38-episodes, to achieve a more than 10% rating, it's unlikely. However I think the number for Tamra will rise for sure, even if it's a little.

Maybe I should watch Triple one day. Maybe you should watch Queen Seonduk too. It isn't as bad as you think. And it happens to be from the same station our Tamra Island is broadcasted. :)

p.s. this must be an awful long piece I wrote, maybe I shouldn't have included all the quotes. :huh:

i think Seo Woo has her own characteristic in..

she`s more talented and natural than ariel lin or rainie yang..

sorry its just my opinion..

i like her alooot..i find her as the best actress compared the other actress in her age..:-))

so sad..the rating isnt good..

but i hope it wont make the casts down..

because they have done the great job in this drama....!!

the movie has two english titles : "Crush & Blush" and "Miss Carrot"

which is the translation of the korean title "미쓰 홍당무"

you can find the MU links @ lets-look.com

the link of the forum is in my signature, you must register to be able to download though.

Thanks, Shin Bi, for the info.

Posting some pictures. Judging from these pictures, it looks like it's only going to get more interesting. Park Kyu & Beo Jin = JinKyu or KyuJin pairing. Adorable. WillJin pairing is cute as well. Seo Woo has an undeniable charm. Not surprised that there's chemistry between them.

200908200704501020_1.jpg

200908200704501020_2.jpg

200908200704501020_3.jpg

200908200704501020_4.jpg

credit goes to http://news.joins.com/

Also the related article : http://news.joins.com/article/193/3735193.html?ctg=15

@Moe: Thanks for sharing those picture~ ^^ The aura between Im Joo Hwan and Seo Woo is so sweet.

They really make a cute couple. ;)

btw, I just found out Im Joo Hwan is 27! He really doesn't look his age. T^T

so handsome though~

Archived