[drama 2009] Tamra, The Island - 탐나는 도다

Guest kangki

Guest Peppermint`Seed

This looks like a really interesting drama...not like any other I've seen before (=

I'm going to give a try, haha, but I hope somebody will sub this soon.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest jaejoongstolemyheart

Man, it's hard enough to understand the contemporary Korean, but now they have the olden kind of speech with accent too! LOL, the only think I could get was the conversations between Yan and William since those are in English, hehehe..BTW, Lee Sunho's english is actually comprehensible! I was a little surprised at how good his english was.

I love love the production. I don't know if they set aside big budgets for this drama, but the first episode actually looked credible enough in terms of visual image, wardrobe, etc.

I'll have to wait for subtitles to understand more before making further comments tho. So far, Tamna is fun!

totally! i love everyone man! lee sunho's english impressed me. spoke much better than other koreans.

i really love this show, tamra island is so ownage!

it gives a different kind of feeling compared to other shows!

i cant wait for the 2nd ep!

anyone from jeju-do here? ^_^

for me it's first time hearing jeju-do dialect used this much... i think it's cool jeju-do dialect is being used (usually busan dialect is popular in dramas from what i noticed)... but i can't tell if it's close to original or not... some netizens say it's awkward.

i'd think you need a native korean speaker to help out with this show to get good english subtitles. real jeju-do accent can be confusing for people, even for those born in korea. if you're not used to it, i think it'd be possible to confuse a person speaking with jeju-do accent as speaking japanese (even by koreans). i'd give major props to anyone who decides to sub this show.

Guest Peppermint`Seed

Is anyone subbing this drama? I really want to watch it, but I can't speak Korean, so it's not good if I watch it without subs...-_-

Guest funkindagirl

^ Thanks for the link. The subber is awesome. I was hoping for HQ ver with eng subs instead of watching on viikii.Thought no-one else would be taking on such a difficult project.

Hey I've learned that someone else is subbing this drama too!

www.midoyo.net (http://www.midoyo.net/forum/index.php/topic,11413.0.html) & they seem to need some korean translator right now. They said they will come out hardsub & softsub, but I'm not quite sure though.

Guest she-smiles

it is a very different kind of drama. i wonder how the ratings are so far?

knowing the korean viewers, they tend to like the typical cliche dramas.

i'm quite interested in this drama though.... will give it a go! :)

Archived