Avex World Audition 2008 (japanese Company)

Guest JiNi;

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi! I just joined Soompi today^^

I got an e-mail from AVEX saying that we should find out around this Friday (9/26) if they accept or reject our e-mail audition...I hope I at least get accepted to that so I can audition in person!! Heheh I just wanna sing my fave songs ^_~

Guest a_dreamer143

Hi! I just joined Soompi today^^

I got an e-mail from AVEX saying that we should find out around this Friday (9/26) if they accept or reject our e-mail audition...I hope I at least get accepted to that so I can audition in person!! Heheh I just wanna sing my fave songs ^_~

ohhhs so they ARE sending out emails the whole of next week..or is juz friday?lol

Well I got that e-mail a couple days ago (9/19) saying that we'd all know in about a week...I wanna know now ><! I think @ the longest, it'll be 2 weeks but hopefully they'll actually do it w/in 1 week like they told me.

I did it through here:

http://www.avexstarsearch.com/sign-up

So it's kinda different from the other online one cuz it only asked for 1 pic, & it didn't ask for a demo so I didn't send one...

on the online application where you put your height in, it says to put it in 0'00'' format.

i typed in 5'4''...but it didnt work.

how do i put 5'4'' in 0'00'' format??

Guest sokeepdreaming

on the online application where you put your height in, it says to put it in 0'00'' format.

Did you type the notation properly? It should work. It worked for me. Try again. :]

If you type 5'04" they'll get the wrong idea maybe. -_-

Does anyone know if they'll do this next year? xp I'd love to apply but even though, I am half-Japanese, I don't think my Japanese will be good enough because I'm not fluent. Maybe I am cram in some learning? ToT Now I am angry at my mother for speaking to me in English instead, LOLZ, jk obviously.

I don't know if they will do this again next year. I hope they will (just in case they don't pick me this year lol). They said that you don't have to know Japanese to audition so sign up!!! ^^

aki666: So we will know the results on Sept. 26th? I can't wait!!! lol!

I ran into the same problem too. As it turns out, when you type in your height you cannot just put two apostrophes next to each other to represent inches. Instead you have to put quotation marks as the inches sign. Typing " <-(quotation mark) versus '' <-(two apostrophes).

People got e-mails back? I only got the one that they send you after you apply. =(

*crosses fingers*

I really want to go!

O_o

i didnt get an email after i applied...

Guest sokeepdreaming

If someone gets a reply about getting accepted pass the preliminaries, please post! I don't want to wait around for the rest of the month wondering whether or not I was accepted. (Yes, some of you have mentioned that you should know by the end of the week, but just checking.) :]

Guest xquizitmarss

I didnt get any email at all after a sign-up... Uh oh :o

Does that mean they're going for looks mostly cause they only have a picture to judge you by :o

Guest sokeepdreaming

Yes, if people haven't realized...it's mainly picture & possibly weight. If you've seen the foreigners avex has taken in, they're all very good looking. (talking about girls, not sure about guys) Not saying they don't have talent cause they have both talent & looks.

for some reason when im turning in my photo it keeps saying "invalid file format" and its says they take JPEG and it wont accept it, and i checked i put my headshot onto paint and changed the format to JPEG. what am i doing wrong???

Archived