Avex World Audition 2008 (japanese Company)

Guest JiNi;

i applied like 4 days ago but i didnt get any email that you guys are talking about =OOO

i signed up fo the internatioal one(not the US one)

>.<""" did something go wrong???

i have hotmail by the wayyy...ahhh..

eh? which email are u talking about? the reply that your application is received or whether u passed the first stage email? .. hehe, i applied for the international one too since i'm not from the states T___T ... sobbie, i didn't get the reply email for my application too tho T____T

but for the passing notification (for the international application), i saw it in their Recruitment Summary from the web, it wrote:

http://avexworldaudition.com/2008/en/application/

Notice:

Only those who pass the first selection will be informed by the avex WORLD AUDITION 2008 Administrative Secretariat by the middle of December. Applicants may not contact us for application status

^^ good luck~~

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest t 0 k y o

just some questions:

- is it too late to apply?

- does anyone happen to know how many rounds there are?

"YOU WILL NEED TO HAVE A PARENT OR LEGAL GUARDIAN SIGN A PARENTAL CONSENT FORM IF YOU ARE UNDER THE AGE OF 21 IN MISSISSIPPI, UNDER THE AGE OF 19 IN ALABAMA AND NEBRASKA, UNDER THE AGE OF 17 IN LOUISIANA AND UNDER THE AGE OF 18 IN ALL OTHER STATES."

correct me if i'm wrong, i'm included in "all the other states" so that means i don't need a consent form if i'm over 18 right? :sweatingbullets:

also, the star search in the U.S. is just auditioning for performers/recording artist and NOT for modeling, acting, dancing, etc, right?

i'm worry in case they might want accuracy in Japanese, although I can sing it, i don't think its 100% correct in pronunciation,

maybe 75% only, i hope.

and lastly, do you think they might want to hear a song in full length or just half?

(i honestly, have never sang a full japanese song, :crazy::tears::unsure: but i know plenty in half's only)

thanks~

Guest xquizitmarss

※Dance category (team entry only)

wat mean by that?? team entry only???

Like a Dance Crew

Less than 10 people but more than 2? Well I'd assume 2 maybe its more..

No reply back either yet.. about anything lol

Guest rubymoon021

i just signed up today... and i didnt get a response email, they just directed me to a site with the basic info on it after i sent my form.

I'm hoping I wasn't too late applying today >o>...

hmm... they're gonna take weight into consideration? well i'm gonna be doomed for sure XDD

It's great that we'll get to send a video if we can't attend the audition~ Because I cannot make it to NYC for the auditions o___o;;

Guest a_dreamer143

i just signed up today... and i didnt get a response email, they just directed me to a site with the basic info on it after i sent my form.

I'm hoping I wasn't too late applying today >o>...

hmm... they're gonna take weight into consideration? well i'm gonna be doomed for sure XDD

It's great that we'll get to send a video if we can't attend the audition~ Because I cannot make it to NYC for the auditions o___o;;

which 1 did u apply to?

Yepp there's a deadline...

I saw it somewhere there and it said that the deadline is 28th November

So you all still have a lot of time to apply ^__^

Guest a_dreamer143

Singing :D

oh u applied for the world audition lol cuz theyre having auditions here in la and 2 other places so theres 2 diff ones..the one thats gunna be held here doesnt need a demo of ur speciality but a picture :]

edit: so the deadline above there does not apply to the us applicants :]

Guest rubymoon021

o__o i dont remember saying i sent a demo...

and i did apply for the US audition.

i wish more people from the washington dc area would apply.. so they would consider hosting auditions here XD

Guest a_dreamer143

o__o i dont remember saying i sent a demo...

and i did apply for the US audition.

i wish more people from the washington dc area would apply.. so they would consider hosting auditions here XD

oh nvm i thought u meant like sending a demo of u singing lol!

ohh ur from washington dc?cool gluck ^^

Guest sokeepdreaming

This is a pure guess, but maybe they need more applications for each place before they e-mail those who pass preliminaries. If there's not enough people for each city, it would be a waste of their time I guess.

Guest a_dreamer143

This is a pure guess, but maybe they need more applications for each place before they e-mail those who pass preliminaries. If there's not enough people for each city, it would be a waste of their time I guess.

mm maybe..but the 1st auds will be in oct 25 and time will pass by fast so hopefully theyll send out emails asap lol

Guest sokeepdreaming

mm maybe..but the 1st auds will be in oct 25 and time will pass by fast so hopefully theyll send out emails asap lol

Cause I was just thinking...if let's say 100 people applied at EACH of the 3 places. & oh, they take 75 based just on a simple application. A lot of people probably won't show up due to change in plans or no ride...that cuts down to like 50 people. They wouldn't visit each city looking at only 50 people. The chances of finding someone with the total package out of 50 is hard....look at american idol. they pick a small group of people from each city out of A LOT. I'm curious which place has the most apps right now.

Guest rubymoon021

hmm.. you're right...

i mean, at the most, about 200 people will probably apply

at the SM auditions, about 180 showed up [more might've come after i left, i dunno]

so... it would be kind of a waste

which is probably they have the other international auditions XD i should try that instead if the audition dates pass & i don't get to go.

i bet most likely, they'll only go to california, since it'll have the most asians applying...

Guest a_dreamer143

hmm.. you're right...

at the SM auditions, about 180 showed up [more might've come after i left, i dunno]

which is probably they have the other international auditions XD i should try that instead if the audition dates pass & i don't get to go.

i bet most likely, they'll only go to california, since it'll have the most asians applying...

yeah u guys have a point..but maybe they did send out emails already?since they said theyd do it on friday which was yesterday mm..

hmm.. you're right...

180 at the DC auditions :P... the smallest one they have

the NY and LA one goes over 500 =]

Guest a_dreamer143

180 at the DC auditions :P... the smallest one they have

the NY and LA one goes over 500 =]

whoa howd u kno?!lol oh and also do u kno if they sent out emails yet?

THIS IS SOOOOO COOL!!!!!!!!! now i hella want to try out. SWEET! :] I LOVE THEIR ARTISTS!

I know!!! :]

I'm excited! I read that they'll even send you to their academy if they see potential :D

Archived