Avex World Audition 2008 (japanese Company)

Guest JiNi;

open to everyone! for US+International*
Avex World Audition 2008 + AVEX STAR SEARCH 2008

What is Avex?

- Avex is one of Japan's largest record labels, producing and recording some of Japan's most famous J-pop singers.(BoA, Tohoshinki, Koda Kumi, Exile, Maki Goto, AAA, Every little Thing, & more!)

FOR US RESIDENTS;

http://www.avexstarsearch.com/

apply here^

AVEX STAR SEARCH.

avex 20th Anniversary - avex World Audition 2008 presents avex Star Search in the U.S.A.

avex group, one of the world's largest independent entertainment companies, is searching for its next great star.

avex World Audition 2008 is our 20th anniversary project to search throughout the globe for talented boys and girls 13 to 24 years of age. Part of avex World Audition 2008, avex Star Search is an additional talent search, seeking talented boys and girls, 13 to 24 of all racial and ethnic backgrounds, who are interested in becoming a performer and recording artist in Asia! avex Star Search is EXCLUSIVELY taking place in the U.S.A.!!!

Selected talent will sign a contract with us and embark on a career as a performer in Asia and must be able to temporarily or permanently relocate to Japan. As skill levels and age will vary among selected talent, contract terms will be set on a case by case basis.

Selected talent may also need to attend our avex Artist Academy at our expense, where they will receive additional vocal, dance, acting, language and modeling training refining their skills at one of our two state-of–the-art facilities.

Those attending auditions must APPLY online!! This is a INVITATION-ONLY audition meaning you can only audition if your application is selected.

Potential applicants must first sign up online using the audition application form. All accepted applicants will be notified via email about audition requirements, locations, specific requirements, and times. Not all applicants will be accepted.

Auditions will be held:

San Francisco, CA - October 25th and 26th

Los Angeles, CA - November 8th and 9th

New York, NY - November 15th and 16th

Can't make it to any of the audition locations?

Send a application form anyway along with a video. (email avex for this option)

If they like you they might send you to Japan(all fees paid by AVEX) for the next round!

※ If you live in Chicago, Dallas, Honolulu, or any other city, please do not hesitate to sign up! If you can't make it to any of the auditions we may consider visiting other cities based on the number of applicants from any particular area or a state.

※ Those under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult to audition.

If under the age of majority in their jurisdiction of residence, have a parent or legal guardian complete and execute a Parental Consent Form to submit Personal information;

http://www.avexstarsearch.com/misc/parental-consent-form.doc

※ In order to audition, each Selected Applicant must bring:

1. His/her own selected music (in CD format) to perform to;

2. A completed and signed Audition Application (and if Applicant is under the age of majority in their jurisdiction of residence, their application must contain the signature of his/her parent or legal guardian) [Note: Audition Applications will be made available to Selected Applicants];

3. Valid identification;

4. Audition-appropriate clothing [Note: As there may not be changing facilities at the Audition venue, it is suggested you wear the clothing to the Audition and have your hair and make-up completed prior to arriving on site].

Selected Applicants may be refused an opportunity to audition if not in compliance with the above requirements.

FOR INTERNATIONAL;

AVEX WORLD AUDITION 08

http://avexworldaudition.com/2008/en/

apply here^

Those located in Canada go here:

http://www.soompi.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=247649

Categories

Five categories

※Singer category

※Actor/actress category

※Fashion model category

※Dance category (team entry only)

※Composer category

Requirements

【Singer, actor/actress, fashion model and composer categories】

Unmarried males and females, ages 7−24.

(Applicants for the artist category are expected to sing in Japanese.)

【Dance category】

Youth part: Males and females, ages 7−18;

General part:Males and females, age 19 or above.

(Team entry only ※Number of team members: 10 or below)

Other requirements

※Regardless of nationality.

※Can communicate in Japanese and perform in Japan if selected.

※Not in exclusive contract with other productions, record labels, or music publishers.

※Those under age 20 need parental approval.

If applicants are bound by any requirement specific to their nations/regions in relation to this audition, applicants have to meet such requirement. The Avex Group is not held responsible for any matter or dispute attributable to the applicant.

Privileges for grand prize winners

The winner for the artist category to debut with CD release.

The winner for the dance category to gain prize money and extra

prize.Other winners will also be provided with opportunities to

perform as entertainers and fully supported by the Avex Group.

How to apply

(Choose A, B or C.)

※Application is free of charge.

Personal visit

※Audition will be conducted in Japan.

※No advance registration required.

Please check the Japanese official website for dates and venues.

Traffic, accommodation and other expenses to be born by applicants

Please make sure to bring necessary documents listed below.

Applicants are to introduce themselves and give a performance for 30−60 seconds, such as singing a cappella, dancing, acting and talking. For the dance category, the time limit is 90 seconds.

※Necessary documents need to be submitted on the day of audition.

※Sound sources are not used at this first stage, except for the dance category.

※Documents, photos, sound sources and other submitted materials are not returnable.

FAQ;

Is it required to speak japanese for the audition? Or will you only choose participants who can speak Japanese??

- No. That is for the Avex World Audition 2008, not Avex Star Search. Please enter.

US applicants DO NOT have to know Japanese however International applicants do.

Do I have to sing in Japanese?

- No. You can sing in Japanese, English, Chinese, or Korean.

However if you want to debut in Japan I recommend singing in Japanese. (ya know to impress the judges?) Whatever you can sing best at^^

How long do I have to sing for?

- You have to sing the entire song.

I can't make it to any of the audition locations can I just send them a video?

- Yes, of course. Please write in your application the URL of the site where they can see the video picture/sound source for your own PR.

What am I supposed to do in the audition?

Singer - you may audition a cappella or you may bring music for one (1) song on CD (iPods/mp3 players will not be accepted) but it must be a backing track without vocals (karaoke style). You can sing in the language of your choice: English, Chinese, Japanese, Korean.

Dancer - please bring your music on CD (iPods/mp3 players will not be accepted).

Musician - please bring your instrument, only a keyboard will be provided at the location.

Model - please bring your portfolio and be prepared to walk.

Songwriter - please bring examples of your songs recorded on CD. Please note you will need to leave the CD with us.

Actor - please have lines prepared for one of the following acts. There are no specific scripts. Please pick one version. You can act in English, Chinese, or Japanese.

A: You are about to get married tomorrow. A night before your wedding day, your parents have just given you a heartfelt message. Act your reaction to your parent's kind message.

B: You have cheated on your test at school. Your school teacher asked you why you have cheated. Act your reaction to the teacher.

C: Your cell phone rings. Pick up. It is from a police station telling you that your mother has gotten into a bad car accident. Act your reaction.

D: Your cell phone rings. Pick up. It is your boyfriend/girlfriend telling you that he/she wants to break up with you. Act your reaction.

Questions? Please refer to the AVEX website.

International: http://avexworldaudition.com/2008/en/

USA: http://www.avexstarsearch.com/

Email: (for US applicants)

contact@avexstarsearch.com

mori@avexstarsearch.com

credit; AVEX site

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hmm not sure. I wouldn't understand why you can't you learn it there while you're training. I can ask for you.

well that's IF you're chosen I don't think you have to know Japanese to AUDITION though.

Once they get back to me I'll let you know if you have to know Japanese to get in.

American applicants would have to sign up here: http://www.avexstarsearch.com/

If you are unable to attend any of those 3 cities, whichever city that gets the most applicants AVEX will try to set up an audition there as well. I also think you can send them a videotape and if they like you they'll send you to the next round in Japan.

Guest a_dreamer143

American applicants would have to sign up here: http://www.avexstarsearch.com/

If you are unable to attend any of those 3 cities, whichever city that gets the most applicants AVEX will try to set up an audition there as well.

ohhh cool cool ahh theyre coming to LA woohoo hehe

do they notify u whether u got accepted or not?

oh and how long does it take fo them to respond?

my friend is actually signing up fo it :]

btw thanks for the thread ^^

Cool! Finally someone decided to make a thread about this! (i was about to but I kept forgetting :sweatingbullets: )

I think they would like it if you knew some level of Japanese (i think they said conversational Japanese on the site) but I think if you can sing a Japanese song well then they will definitely consider you. And they also said that they will give u additional language lessons along with vocal, dance, etc.

I also heard that they are having auditions in Canada in December.

a_dreamer143 I'm not sure about how long it takes for them to respond to selected applicants...I applied last week.

A friend of mine applied, she's black but she can sing well in Japanese

only problem is when they asked for the language she only put english because .... she can only speak english lol but she can sing in japanese. She also applied for the acting.

I don't think it should be a problem honestly. Like what sarang_ailove said they should provide language classes. Japanese is pretty much an easy language to learn^^; (much easier than korean imo)

I don't think it should be a problem honestly. Like what sarang_ailove said they should provide language classes. Japanese is pretty much an easy language to learn^^; (much easier than korean imo)

omg I know!!!

I can't learn korean for nothing lol because my tongue is in a knot afterwards lol

I learn only Se7en and Bi's songs.

Good luck to all of you guys though

I'll prolly see u guys there when I'm supporting my homegirl lol

btw anyone know the location in NYC?

I wanted to apply for the acting lol....but I think my bootylicious ish will be a big problem so I chickend out lol

since I'm on the east coast I probably will go to the NYC one. I'm guessing they're going to show the address on the email. I haven't gotten anything yet and I sent my app yesterday.

JiNi;: ohh, if we both get selected we should go to NYC together lol! I really want to hear from Avex soon...

van * yuriko: I'm wondering that too...how will they determine who they want to audition from an application? Maybe they will judge from our picture, age and language abilities?

I wonder if many ppl know about this audition...

Guest a_dreamer143

JiNi;: ohh, if we both get selected we should go to NYC together lol! I really want to hear from Avex soon...

van * yuriko: I'm wondering that too...how will they determine who they want to audition from an application? Maybe they will judge from our picture, age and language abilities?

I wonder if many ppl know about this audition...

so u dont need to give em a video or sumthin?like wat jyp did?

hmm, I really should go back to jpop sites....i got all caught up in kpop now lol! This audition gives me another reason to study Japanese for the JLPT 2 test in dec. lol

a_dreamer143: For the Avex Star Seach in america they just ask for u to sign up. The Avex World Audition website gives u the option to send them a demo cd. But they seem to want those in America applying to sign up on the avex star seach site.

Guest a_dreamer143

hmm, I really should go back to jpop sites....i got all caught up in kpop now lol! This audition gives me another reason to study Japanese for the JLPT 2 test in dec. lol

a_dreamer143: For the Avex Star Seach in america they just ask for u to sign up. The Avex World Audition website gives u the option to send them a demo cd. But they seem to want those in America applying to sign up on the avex star seach site.

oh..so in order to audition u sign up right?then wait for their reply whether u r selected to participate or not..am i correct?

ur an angel for answering my questions btw ^^

a_dreamer143: Yeah, that's how it is. :)

Soochi: hmm....they only let u upload one photo so I say u should pick the one that looks best to u. But I do know that in Japan, when ppl are turning in audition applications they usaully attach a headshot. But yeah, I say select the one that looks best. I submitted a headshot.

Archived