Quantcast

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JiNi;

Avex World Audition 2008 (japanese Company)

woah i have heard korean entertainment companies doing world auditions but has avex done one before?

or is this the first time for htem?

hm...maybe ill send in a tape to them :D

since they obviously arent coming near me ><

thanks for posting :D

hmm not sure. I wouldn't understand why you can't you learn it there while you're training. I can ask for you.

well that's IF you're chosen I don't think you have to know Japanese to AUDITION though.

Once they get back to me I'll let you know if you have to know Japanese to get in.

Thank you! :D

why do they call it "World Audition" when that's only in the USA

I posted up information for US residents and International.. it is a world audition.

Unfortunately they're only having one physical audition location and this year that's in the US. However those outside of the US are still elgible to apply. That's why they have AVEX STAR SEARCH(for US applicants) & AVEX WORLD AUDITION(for International applicants) It's just that for the international one you would need to send them the application form + video. If you get chosen they will send you to Japan (all fees paid by AVEX) for the next round.

why do they call it "World Audition" when that's only in the USA

hmm, mayb because they allow everyone around the world to join this audition despite being held in the states. so therefore i think the world audition concept is like "everyone around the world attend the audition" rather than "they tour everywhere around the world for audition" .. either way, it's still considered as a world audition any way they swing XD .. i think it's rather smart way since it's both cost and time saving ..

AVEX just emailed me back.

Is it required to speak japanese for the audition? Or will you only choose participants who can speak Japanese??

- No. That is for the Avex World Audition 2008, not Avex Star Search. Please enter.

^

US applicants DO NOT have to know Japanese however International applicants do.

Is it required to speak japanese for the audition? Or will you only choose participants who can speak Japanese??

- No. That is for the Avex World Audition 2008, not Avex Star Search. Please enter.

^

deleted

^

Oh how cool

good luck girl!!! if they email my friend I might see u there

so,you need to know how to speak japanese to apply is it?

they said they want applicants to know at least some conversational japanese.

I know it says that on the site but I still say apply anyway. Learning the basics of Japanese shouldn't take too long.

I really don't get why it's different for American applicants :blink:

ah I hope they select me /: if not I'll still go and support my friends.

they said they want applicants to know at least some conversational japanese.

I know it says that on the site but I still say apply anyway. Learning the basics of Japanese shouldn't take too long.

I really don't get why it's different for American applicants :blink:

ah I hope they select me /: if not I'll still go and support my friends.

oooo ur friends got selected already?

^

Oh ok, that makes a lot more sense! Maybe it's different for american applicants b/c they don't expect to find tons of ppl fluent in Japanese? but then again, the rest of the world isn't either...*shrugs* i don't know...just apply everyone! ^^

They replied to my email saying that the first round starts next week. So i guess that means they will start emailing ppl next week (or have the started already?)

Lu.cile: Somewhere on this forum somebody made a post about Avex looking for models and singers in Canada right now.

Edit: Here it is.

Oh ok, that makes a lot more sense! Maybe it's different for american applicants b/c they don't expect to find tons of ppl fluent in Japanese? but then again, the rest of the world isn't either...*shrugs* i don't know...just apply everyone! ^^

They replied to my email saying that the first round starts next week. So i guess that means they will start emailing ppl next week (or have the started already?)

Lu.cile: Somewhere on this forum somebody made a post about Avex looking for models and singers in Canada right now.

Edit: Here it is.

oh cool!!!the first round?so the email thing is the first round no?

hm...has anybody gotten an email back yet??

i really hope i can at least pass this round...but i dont live anywhere near the audition sites.. ><

*sigh*

well i hope they start replying soon :D

I was thinking about trying it(modeling...i have some experiences but i was never thinking about it as a serious profession...since now,lol)...but...i think i wouldn´t left my studies just because of Avex(life priorities...heh)

But i might apply...just for fun.Even if my japanese is really hmm,not that good:) (i quite don´t understand why i have to know japanese just because i´m not from US,lol)

I hope there is nothing like,when they choose you,you MUST go for an audition...

Ignore this post. Ignore this post. Ignore this post. Ignore this post. Ignore this post. Ignore this post. Ignore this post. Ignore this post

^ haha i thikn you'll be fine~~

you dont have to be fully fluet right??

i dont think they expect people to be fluet

in japanese here because..well its not japan haha

and they are looking for any people right?

^-^

go audition~~

Announcements