[Drama 2010 ] Road Number One 로드 넘버원

Woundedheart

THANKS Coco for the download, you saved me a lot of time finding a program to grab the video.

am glad could do a little help ^^

official pix 2010 08 25 --> http://www.imbc.com/broad/tv/drama/roadno1/photo/

roadno1_photo100825143043imbcdrama0.jpg

roadno1_photo100825142319imbcdrama0.jpg

roadno1_photo100825142432imbcdrama0.jpg

road003.jpg

road001.jpg

road002.jpg

• Replies 499
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest cakext

omg thank you sooo much for sharing those pics and ep19 link....i just am so glad that's its been pretty happy so far...gosh i kinda don't want a sad ending anymore....tomorrow's the last ep :tears: ....

Guest greenhotchilipeper

we nearly goodbye Jang woo,Tae Ho and Soo Yoen, alit bit sad after 3 months accompany with them. Love all characters, especially SubSky couple ^-^ so much chemistry the couple made us feel up and down whenever they beside or hurt.

Thanks for all the pics and link download you shared for us. Hopefully can see Subsky in next project on a soonest day.

Guest charlesriver

20100826091914581f7_093609_0.jpg

20100826152248304g3_164806_0.jpg

These scenes are so cute! :D SJS and KHN acted so natural together here.

Soon we'll find out the fate of Jang Woo in today's final episode. I'll miss him a lot!

edit: just watched the final episode raw, can't stop crying.........

Guest cakext

omgomgomgomg i wanna watch the last ep also but i'll kindly wait to the link....i'm going to get another box of tissue bc i can just feel how sad its gonna be...

Guest jennyoo21

Hey guys, I am a little confused. If anyone could clarify for me I would greatly appreciate it. Why does the grandfather visit the grace of soo yeon? But isn't kim ha neul alive? In the ending scene, when the two grandfathers are in the car, is that SJS and YKS when they're older? But I thought SJS died because KHN was talking to her son about his father.

Hey guys, I am a little confused. If anyone could clarify for me I would greatly appreciate it. Why does the grandfather visit the grace of soo yeon? But isn't kim ha neul alive? In the ending scene, when the two grandfathers are in the car, is that SJS and YKS when they're older? But I thought SJS died because KHN was talking to her son about his father.

Lee Jang Woo didn't die. I think he went missing or hiding somewhere for years before he was saved. About the young lady, that is Lee Soo Yeon. She is the granddaughter to Lee Jang Woo. Lee Jang Woo and Kim Soo Yeon had a son and Kim Soo Yeon passed away already. Since there was something going, only Lee Soo Yeon arrived and met her grandfather while her father couldn't make it.

The two grandfathers in the bus are Lee Jang Woo and Shin Tae Ho (SJS and YKS as you mentioned). The one on the wheelchair is Shin Tae Ho. I hope LJW was just sleeping from tiresome and not actually pass away. It is sad that the reunion does not include LJW and KSY's son. He should be there with his daughter (Lee Soo Yeon).

Hope things clear a little for you now.

Guest cakext

cherylnguyen, thx for sharing that tidbit bc it really helped while watching the raw version...finally finished watching this drama and can't express at how dis is truly a great and beautiful drama....i just can't say enough to describe how amazing this drama is...like everything came perfectly together(ost, actors, staffs, etc)...i think that jw did die at the end, he only managed to survive all this time because he probably wanted to keep the promise of staying alive to come back to sooyeon but now that he know she's dead, he wants to be in the same place as she is...sooyeon saw jw "dying" in front of her eyes so her will to live was not as strong as his, thus she passed away first or else if she would have know that he was alive all the while, i bet she'll do anything to keep their promise and stay alive for him to come back to...they really should have showed the son because i want jw to see the baby he had with sy...

did tae ho marry sy or did he just kind of watched over her after knowing that jw might never come back? and what happened to that one dr that he courted after she finally won him over?

OMG, I must have cried a few times in the last episode. I thought the ending was rather bittersweet and in a way, Lee Jang Woo did finally "meet" Soo Yeon. I cannot believe the poor rating is reflecting the perceived merit of this drama. I read somewhere that the PD finally admitted that the drama was a supposed failure due to the high production cost and the low rating. But he also mentioned something like the audience wasn't ready for a drama that depicts the suffering of war and his artistic vision; also some problem with the editing of 16 episodes into 20 episodes. This is such a good drama and I love the pacing. I never had to fast forward to any parts (this quite common for me when viewing Kdrama). Sure, the the progression was really fast in episode 1 and it seemed disjointed in the love development between Jang Woo and Soo Yeon, but if you had stuck around to watch the remaining episodes this drama is so rewarding.

There are so many symbolism within in this drama e.g. the explosion of the church, Myung-Ho's fallen cross, the foreshadow of the bridge in the ep 18 between JW & SY with the crutch. Truly, you have to watch this drama as a whole rather than as separate episodes. The whole is greater than its parts!

My view of the conclusion before the subtitles are available is that

Jang Woo did die after visiting Soo Yeon's grave. I believe they had a promise between each other to try to survive and live for each other until they reunite. And that promise is met after Jang Woo saw Soo Yeon's grave. I think he was envisioning what their lives would be like if they had crossed the bridge safely together and that's why they were overlooking the broken bridge; some sort of afterlife implication? Also, JW meeting his grand-daughter (who looks exactly like SY) in a similar embrace as episode 18 makes him content to past away.

Yes, I thought he should have met his son too.

How do you guys feel about the ending?

I've also found myself so sympathetic to side characters like

that one who helped carry his friend across the bridge and ultimately sacrificing himself. All I thought was OMO, his wife and kids! I really wanted him to survive along with this his friend with the injured foot. They were the comic relief characters that I enjoy so much.

This is my favorite drama of the year, and probably my top 3 favorite Kdramas ever, definitely next to 'Thank You' and 'Someday'.

cakext HEH, I just saw your post right after I posted. I agree with you about JW's fate and the promise! Great minds think alike HAHA. I think he just overlooked SY and I don't think Soo Yeon remarried OR at least NOT to Tae Ho. Yes, they should have at least showed the son!

Guest charlesriver

OMG, I must have cried a few times in the last episode. I thought the ending was rather bittersweet and in a way, Lee Jang Woo did finally "meet" Soo Yeon. I cannot believe the poor rating is reflecting the perceived merit of this drama. I read somewhere that the PD finally admitted that the drama was a supposed failure due to the high production cost and the low rating. But he also mentioned something like the audience wasn't ready for a drama that depicts the suffering of war and his artistic vision; also some problem with the editing of 16 episodes into 20 episodes. This is such a good drama and I love the pacing. I never had to fast forward to any parts (this quite common for me when viewing Kdrama). Sure, the the progression was really fast in episode 1 and it seemed disjointed in the love development between Jang Woo and Soo Yeon, but if you had stuck around to watch the remaining episodes this drama is so rewarding.

I absolutely agree with you m0use! It pains me to see this drama overlooked by the Koreans. Dramas should simply offer escapes for them?!

There are so many symbolism within in this drama e.g. the explosion of the church, Myung-Ho's fallen cross, the foreshadow of the bridge in the ep 18 between JW & SY with the crutch. Truly, you have to watch this drama as a whole rather than as separate episodes. The whole is greater than its parts!

WOW! I need to go back watching what you've pointed out.

My view of the conclusion before the subtitles are available is that

Jang Woo did die after visiting Soo Yeon's grave. I believe they had a promise between each other to try to survive and live for each other until they reunite. And that promise is met after Jang Woo saw Soo Yeon's grave. I think he was envisioning what their lives would be like if they had crossed the bridge safely together and that's why they were overlooking the broken bridge; some sort of afterlife implication? Also, JW meeting his grand-daughter (who looks exactly like SY) in a similar embrace as episode 18 makes him content to past away.

Yes, I thought he should have met his son too.

(Thanks to the supper fast Chinese sub team from TSK) When JW reunited with SY, it means

old JW died cuz SY said she has been waiting for him for a long time.

It would be nice to meet his son but I guess his old body just could not carry on any longer.

BTW, I think he was POW. But why did they release him in that inhumane way?!

(Thanks to the supper fast Chinese sub team from TSK) When JW reunited with SY, it means

old JW died cuz SY said she has been waiting for him for a long time.

It would be nice to meet his son but I guess his old body just could not carry on any longer.

BTW, I think he was POW. But why did they release him in that inhumane way?!

Thanks for the confirmation charlesriver, I knew it was some

afterlife and the message is so sad yet sweet. At least they have an eternity to spend their life together now... Wow, I never thought of him as POW but it would make more sense why he didn't begin escaping to the South until 60 years later. If he had the ability he would no doubt try to cross the DMZ.

If he was indeed POW I think he escaped somehow as I think he was wearing a torn shoe and in such a ragged state. He probably scavenged a boat somewhere near the coast and set sail for the South. I somewhat like how this drama is kind of ambiguous, not explaining what happened to JW after the explosion. Like did the Chinese recover his 'body' and release him over to the North Koreans after he gained consciousness?

I'm anxiously waiting for the subtitles!

It does sadden me that this drama with 3 years of planning, great casting, performances, and cinematography isn't appreciated by the general public in Korea. Thanks to alchocoholic for the video files! I enjoyed watching the raw videos and discussing this drama with you posters here at this board. Charlesriver, you're always insightful!

from imbc:

r192.jpg

Guest greenhotchilipeper

Finally done with RN1, really appreciate this dramma very much. The drama was better and better to the end. the actors were excellent acting, the moment Soo Yoen and the injured soldier carried on by the buffalou, Jang Woo and his teammate was extremely emotional. And I see this is an excelent role and sussessful of Kim Ha Neul as well as So Ji Sub. It make sence. YKS too. so much chemistry of the couple on screen, they made fan keep an eyes following the hard dry war dramma.

I hope will see Subsky again in a modern dramma.

Thanks you very much for all the link download, all the pics you posted for us. RN1 and your fan really number one.

Guest charlesriver

54453_48351_3221.gif

What a journey RN1 took us these past 10 weeks! Words just failed to describe it. Now it ended.

For those of us who love this drama will remember it for a long long time including what this

drama stands for. The characters will live in my heart.

As SJS fan I'm proud of him not taking the easy road, always challenges himself as an actor

and grow from each project. I like to think with each role it's also a self discovery journey

for SJS.

I like KHN and YKS even more now. They gave superb performances also. TH's expression after the

bridge blown up was so impressive. YKS gave 100% in that one.

Thanks for all the download links, pix, and most of all, big thanks to a few RN1 fans here keeping

me company, m0use, coco, otty, cakext, greenhotchilipeper, and others.

Hope to see a few more new RN1 fans here from time to time to keep it from collecting dusts!

BTW, m0use, I'm still working on you to become a SJS fan. :) The writer who wrote "Thank You"

also wrote MISA. I remember in an interview, she said she read a news about a man survived

a bullet in his head. That inspired her creating the plot in MISA that you find it hard to

believe....

Archived